As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHA/LLA WARS] Cyberspace WEBGAME :: Iteration 1, GAME OVER

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    In Baidol's defense I think it was me that pointed out that MM had a lot of people in pink. I didn't say they had control though because I don't know everyone. And I wasn't trying to get everyone to go there, just that nobody forgets it when they pile into orange.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    In Baidol's defense I think it was me that pointed out that MM had a lot of people in pink. I didn't say they had control though because I don't know everyone. And I wasn't trying to get everyone to go there, just that nobody forgets it when they pile into orange.

That may be true, but despite that, he knew that, taking out his guys and you, there was a maximum of 7 MMs in the sector (assuming no other SZ or CK), but was saying that all we would need is 9 to have supermajority control and implied that this wasn't an unlikely scenario. Seems like pretty deliberate misinformation.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »

That may be true, but despite that, he knew that, taking out his guys and you, there was a maximum of 7 MMs in the sector (assuming no other SZ or CK), but was saying that all we would need is 9 to have supermajority control and implied that this wasn't an unlikely scenario. Seems like pretty deliberate misinformation.

I know some of you have invisibility macros and would be surprised if you did not have control macros.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »

I know some of you have invisibility macros and would be surprised if you did not have control macros.

Yes, a convenient way to try and back out of the hole, but this does not jive with your original statement. If you want to talk about invisibility or control, then the number of MMs needed would be much greater than 9 of the players in the system. It would be (again assuming only your 3 PP and Taya are non-MM), the 7 MM in the system plus 3 invis/control players.

• Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Welp you've clearly rumbled us, Baidol! CLEARLY we've all made mad stacks in record spoofing and shops just appear where we want them with the stock we desire, so there's a whole LEGION of us in pink, all of us with invis and triple-strength control macros. We got lasers and dogs and bees and dogs with bees in their mouths that when they bark they shoot bees at you...

Jesus.

Tayrun on
  • Options
    There are not 3 PP in the sector. Your and Tayrun are wrong/lying or there are some people I will be very cross with at the end of this game.

You are angry that you are on the back-foot after a strong start. Don't worry, the Cholerics have made trouble for us today. This will be a cyclic deal.

I will not allow you to hold the pink sector. The other factions should not be so foolish as to withdraw all their forces from it. Keep 1-2 people there to prevent control and have them spoof files to their heart's content. As long as you have a recognizable number of players in that sector, you are a threat.

• Options
    There are not 3 PP in the sector.

Probably, yes. There are at least three.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Ok so we should keep 1-2 players in pink to prevent MM from taking it, and 1-2 players in orange to prevent PP from taking that, and then I guess 1-2 players in blue, red, green, purple to prevent them from being taken. And then we get teased because we fail to hold control of a system?

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Tayrun wrote: »
    There are not 3 PP in the sector.

Probably, yes. There are at least three.

Mmmmmm nope.

• Options
    There are not 3 PP in the sector. Your and Tayrun are wrong/lying or there are some people I will be very cross with at the end of this game.

You are angry that you are on the back-foot after a strong start. Don't worry, the Cholerics have made trouble for us today. This will be a cyclic deal.

I will not allow you to hold the pink sector. The other factions should not be so foolish as to withdraw all their forces from it. Keep 1-2 people there to prevent control and have them spoof files to their heart's content. As long as you have a recognizable number of players in that sector, you are a threat.

1. If we are on the back foot, why are we a threat?
    2. Are you worried about people leaving pink, or us controlling pink? You can't have it both ways.
    3. Your goal is to prevent us from controlling pink by having 2 people from each faction there. If this is the case, why would having a recognizable number of players there matter?

I'm not mad because we're "on the back foot." I'm not even mad. I'm just pointing out your inconsistencies as I would for a member of the mafia trying to sheep the village. You are trying to get the other factions to do your will rather than giving sound advice. There's no reason not to point that out.

• Options
    The argument about how many PP are in pink is irrelevant. Either he has one person there, and he's not doing his part to combat MM which he feels is the biggest threat because they almost certainly are getting 6 points an hour in pink, or he has more than one person there and he's lying.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    According to my list of people, there's at most one PP in Pink. I have 2-3 CKs in pink. Taya has a couple of SZ's in there as well, so the MMs don't have much of a majority, if they have one at all.

Reason we have people in orange now is because fuck you Baidol did you see the amount of points you guys got yesterday?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Well, yeah, but if your strategy is to fuck with whoever got the most points each day, you're never going to win.

• Options
    Well, yeah, but if your strategy is to fuck with whoever got the most points each day, you're never going to win.

Weird, because I'm pretty sure this was what you wanted people to do yesterday.

• Options

I wanted people to send 1-2 guys to pink. The remaining players are more than enough to hold a sector.

Nirya has five-six dudes in my sector.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Someone tell us which Node Baidol is hiding in

• Options
    We are sending assassins

• Options
    Very direct assassins

• Options
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Someone tell us which Node Baidol is hiding in

Your faction knows exactly what node I am in.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular

MM was running away with it though--we had to stop them somehow. Things are a bit closer now, but if another team gets that far out ahead, similar tactics may have to be employed.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    jackisreal wrote: »

MM was running away with it though--we had to stop them somehow. Things are a bit closer now, but if another team gets that far out ahead, similar tactics may have to be employed.

By "them" you mean "you".

Not "you" and in you, but "you" as in "MrT".

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Bah, I can't read.

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    Bah

Ahahahahahahaha I was quoting the original post and when I hit the button I got the above quote instead.

• Options
    We are sending assassins

Yeah, if I were you I'd be thinking about actually scoring some points, champ. Or pass that along to whoever the hell is actually in charge of your team, assuming that's anybody.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    We are sending assassins

Yeah, if I were you I'd be thinking about actually scoring some points, champ. Or pass that along to whoever the hell is actually in charge of your team, assuming that's anybody.

Gaslight ...

You don't ...

You just challenged Gumpy.

You don't know what you've done, son.

You don't know what you've done.

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    We are sending assassins

Gaslight ...

You don't ...

You just challenged Gumpy.

You don't know what you've done, son.

You don't know what you've done.

Last time someone challenged Gumpy, Gumpy got brutally murdered too, so

• Options
    Y'all kids these days have no respect for that there tradition. *shake head, sadly*

• Options
    Yeah, there's that and the fact he apparently can't figure out where people are. Not exactly quaking.

• Options
    This is clearly a personal matter. Did Gumpy kill your dog?

• Options
    This is clearly a personal matter. Did Gumpy kill your dog?

He would have to find my dog first, then manage to avoid getting gang-banged and left in a ditch on the way there.

• Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    Gaslight's House of Gang-Bangs is open 24/7, you see

• Options
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Gaslight's House of Gang-Bangs is open 24/7, you see

:winky:

• Options
    @Gumpy I am wondering how you respond to this accusation that you would attempt to avoid a gang-bang, if given the choice.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Gumpy would never avoid a gangbang. He isn't that kind of robot.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Gumpy is a force of nature, I don't care what anyone says otherwise.

• Options
    This is getting into Fister Roboto territory isn't it?

Dammit that's three threads in two months. Too many or too few?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    You can't stop Gumpy

Egos on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Hey everyone

just popping in to tell you how you should totally not attack us but instead attack people who are not-us, for reasons that not-us are way more threatening than us.

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    if you don't attack not-us instead of us, not-us will win!

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Well, we certainly can't let that happen. Thanks for informing us of this alarming development, Alegis!