Options

The Raid: Redemption is fuckin' incredible (so are other kung-fu movies)

124»

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Futore wrote: »
    there were so many moments when our theater would all YOOOOO together and laugh and things. A big YOOO that everyone did together that hasn't been mentioned yet is when
    he kicks a bad dude of one floor down the well to the next floor and the dude lands on his back on the ledge and just snaps. such a fucking crunch

this is pretty early in the movie i think

and is also the exact moment i realized, "oh, this is going to be that movie"

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, one thing I really liked was that scene at the beginning where all the thugs are looking down at them, essentially waiting for dawn to reveal the cops.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    That part where the main charcter just grabs some poor bastard who's coming down from the hole in the floor and just chucks him right out the window. So fucking good.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, one thing I really liked was that scene at the beginning where all the thugs are looking down at them, essentially waiting for dawn to reveal the cops.

God that was such an amazingly scored scene

uggggggggggggggggggh so good

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    there were so many moments when our theater would all YOOOOO together and laugh and things. A big YOOO that everyone did together that hasn't been mentioned yet is when
    he kicks a bad dude of one floor down the well to the next floor and the dude lands on his back on the ledge and just snaps. such a fucking crunch

if i remember right that guy got hurt irl

went to the hospital for two weeks

then came back as soon as he got uot and was like so are we doing another take

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

if i remember right that guy got hurt irl

went to the hospital for two weeks

then came back as soon as he got uot and was like so are we doing another take

Yeah, that bit was filmed in three parts. The actual throw, then flying through the air, and finally the actual impact, after which it was all spliced together. The problem came up on the throw or the part where he goes through the air. He swung out further than he was supposed to, so instead of landing on the nice soft mats, he slammed right into the opposite wall.

b1ehrMM.gif