As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] 2012 Challenge Coins - Sold Out

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Exactly 100 coins have been reserved so far, only 100 left in the first run.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    DaisyDaisy Registered User regular
    Sounds good, thanks for the explanation!

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Exactly 100 coins have been reserved so far, only 100 left in the first run.

Wow! They are selling out almost as fast as badges. ;)

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Made my reservation, thanks for putting this together!

Also happy to help pass out coins if needed, Enforcer shift makes me easy to find :)

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    Indeedy thanks for the work done - looking forward to collecting mine

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Here is the final Concept art from PCC:

3536o0l.jpg

Look it over for any glaring mistakes that I may have missed, such as a spelling mistake.
    If nobody finds anything I will give the approval to PCC.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    looks solid to me.

• Options
    awyldknghtawyldknght Registered User regular
    Reserved my 1 coin

[ X ] PAX Prime 2013 tickets purchased [ X ] Hotel Room booked
    [ ] PAX Coin Ordered/Reserved
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    In for 5, form on the way.

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    In for a pair.

EDIT: I know I came into the thread late (and I've not yet finished reading the previous pages), but I think that it would have been much 'geekier' to have the troll under the bridge on the flip side of the coin vs the market, but that's just me.

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    OysterPrimeOysterPrime Registered User regular
    Just reserved 3 coins, thanks for doing this! The final design turned out great.

PAX Prime: 2012, 2014
    PAX East: 2013

PAX East 2016:
    [ X ] Badge [ X ] Hotel [ X ] Plane Ticket
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular

3536o0l.jpg

Look it over for any glaring mistakes that I may have missed, such as a spelling mistake.

I love it.

This is amazing. The coin process used to be so painful, but now everything is going super smoothly.

Thank you so much SkeleVader for taking this on, owning it, and being a rockstar!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Looks awesome!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    I have sent out the invoices for everyone who has reserved coins so far.
    I am using WePay to handle the transactions. If you don't receive your invoice within 24 hours let me know.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Looks awesome! In for one!

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    Apparently WePay needed more information before I could start collecting money, but they failed to tell me that until I contacted them as to why payments were not being processed.

I am currently working to get the problem resolved, so if you get an E-mail that your payment was not processed don't worry. I'm on it.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Apparently WePay needed more information before I could start collecting money, but they failed to tell me that until I contacted them as to why payments were not being processed.

I am currently working to get the problem resolved, so if you get an E-mail that your payment was not processed don't worry. I'm on it.

Thanks! I was just about to email you about this. ;)

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    knew I should have read here before clicking the pay button - but mine has sent a payment confirmation so hopefully its all good

Edit: bah humbug I spoke to soon - I really am having one of those impatient days ;)

shadowscout on
  • Options
    CodeMonkey76CodeMonkey76 Software Developer Orem, UTRegistered User regular
    Put my name in for 2

• Options
    I have spoken with multiple people at WePay, but none of them can help me. I have to wait for the review team to contact me and tell me what information I need to provide.

I sent out an E-mail to everyone who received an invoice updating the situation.

I will let everyone know when you can start submitting payments again.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    That's unfortunate. WePay was the simplest thing I ever used as a payment system when I utilized it for some things for east 2012. Hopefully they get things sorted out quickly.

• Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    I've not gotten in on these before. Seems to me that I ought to. So I filled out an order form for one (will call). I assume that's all I need to do initially?

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    I've not gotten in on these before. Seems to me that I ought to. So I filled out an order form for one (will call). I assume that's all I need to do initially?

Correct, you are good for now.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    I have spoken with multiple people at WePay, but none of them can help me. I have to wait for the review team to contact me and tell me what information I need to provide.

I sent out an E-mail to everyone who received an invoice updating the situation.

I will let everyone know when you can start submitting payments again.

Oh poo...

I saw this too late. I received the first error in processing, and redid it thinking I typoed when entering my info.
    Read this update, then received the second error in processing.
    However, my CC just sent two emails that my card was charged (double payment).

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular

3536o0l.jpg

A mi me gusta :3 would he be able to make a mock-up of the final coin that shows how the actual coin itself will be, using some sort of 3D Image rendering program. It looks good in 2D all flat, but seeing how it would come out once its minted would be nice.

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @SkeleVader Just want to say a huge thanks for being so quick with the e-mails. It's my first time heading to PAX and it's great to see people like you in charge of things. Can't wait till everything is up and running so I can put my payment in for this WONDERFUL Coin!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    I just got an E-mail from WePay's review department and they sent me this:
    Hi Matt,

Thank you so much for providing us with that information. We will need just a bit more to verify your account. Please provide us with the following information:

- What company has been chosen to make these coins?
    - Have they already manufactured the coins?
    - How were payments previously collected for these coins?
    - How many coins are you expecting to have made and sell?
    - Once payment has been made, when can the payers expect the coin?

Thank you so much for your patience and we will do our best to get your account verified as soon as possible. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,
    WePay Review Team

I have answered their questions so hopefully they will verify the account soon.

I just don't understand why they couldn't have had me give them this information before I was able to send out invoices.
    Live and learn I guess.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    haha, live and learn.
    :P

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    Well shoot, just got this:
    Hi Matt,

Thank you for the in depth information! You have done a great job with the coin, it looks amazing and the community is very excited about this coin; unfortunately, as the coins have not been made, they would be considered a pre-sale item which is against our Terms of Service.

Our banks and processors hold us to a strict guideline on what we can and cannot process through our site. Our Terms of Service state we cannot process payments for pre-sale items. All payments have been cancelled and the funds will return back to the payer's account within a few days.

Thank you so much for you interest in WePay and we hope you will find another use for our services. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    WePay Review Team

Not a big deal though, I will simply front the money needed to get the coins made, then get payment afterwards.

Make sure that if you provided any payment to double check that the charges get canceled.
    Once i have the coins I will send a new invoice.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Hi Matt,

Thank you for the in depth information! You have done a great job with the coin, it looks amazing and the community is very excited about this coin; unfortunately, as the coins have not been made, they would be considered a pre-sale item which is against our Terms of Service.

Our banks and processors hold us to a strict guideline on what we can and cannot process through our site. Our Terms of Service state we cannot process payments for pre-sale items. All payments have been cancelled and the funds will return back to the payer's account within a few days.

Thank you so much for you interest in WePay and we hope you will find another use for our services. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best regards,
    WePay Review Team

Not a big deal though, I will simply front the money needed to get the coins made, then get payment afterwards.

Make sure that if you provided any payment to double check that the charges get canceled.

Feel bad that you have to front the money. Do you maybe want to go the chip in method for the diecast?

• Options
    Someone just had to make the comment about it being so smooth compared to a previous time, didn't they? ;)

Thank you for the update, will be watching the account. Can you give an idea on the total amount needed? I may be able to help front the cost if any is needed...

eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    spacebearspacebear Registered User regular
    A+ design - tossed my order in :D

• Options
    Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    Hi Matt,

Best regards,
    WePay Review Team

Well that really sucks. How long will it take to get the coins made?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Keeping the die fee in the total cost (with fees included) makes the price a nice even $5, and I don't mind fronting the cost because I know I will get paid back. The total cost to be paid to PCC is $920 and the fees I expect to pay to WePay is about $60. This leaves a $20 cushion for any unforeseen issue.

I haven't gotten a hard timeline for when coins will be ready, but based on past coins it looks like they will be about a month to a month and a half.

Also, there are about 65 coins left.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Sounds like a good deal to me!

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Hi Matt,

Best regards,
    WePay Review Team

This may have a silver lining - I was considering WePay for the Forum steins, and knowing that I need to get the steins made before taking payment is really good info. I'm sorry it worked out like that for you, but it might help make Stein ordering smoother.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a picture of the slight scratching caused by the coin case from the East 2012 coin?
    I would like to send it to Eric so he can prevent it from happening again.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    I didn't get any scratching on the coin, rather the scratches are on the case.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    I just had a discussion with Eric and we decided to do a sample finished coin.
    I should have the pictures in 14 days or less.

<50 coins remain.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    Forgot to ask. Will you be sending new invoices out when you are able to take money?

This discussion has been closed.