As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VF5 Final Showdown June 6th, Everyone In This Thread Is Buying It [FIGHTING GAMES]

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i have started "playing" marvel again (i just slap at the stick and mash jab p much)

but i still beat big red tie when he doesn't play his main teams sometimes

and it's fun

so i think i'm gonna legitimately try to learn it

viper/iron man/akuma

gonna be pretty sick

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    i have started "playing" marvel again (i just slap at the stick and mash jab p much)

and it's fun

viper/iron man/akuma

gonna be pretty sick

That's a pretty awesome team. Doesn't sound like an awesome team to play online, though. It's already hard enough for IM and SG to consistently hit their stuff offline. I remember trying to play IM online and it was a nightmare.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Playing Dante online may be one of the main reasons I don't like mvc3 much

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I can't imagine Viper is a very online friendly character either.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

and it's fun

viper/iron man/akuma

gonna be pretty sick

5 bar xf3 raccoon too good

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    HellaJeff wrote: »
    How do you start the combo after rocket?

You hit them with Rocket Tackle on the first hit, and time it so that immediately as you hit them, you press attack+down to land on the ground. They'll be spinning and you can recover with a st.ABC combo starter to your combo of choice. If you pop XF you get the big kill damage too, of course.
    that sounds too broken to be true

oh right, Marvel

That is correct. With Rocket Tackle, you already had a way of instantly punching through projectiles (also beating many attacks) full screen. A way that is also safe.

Now it can net you 1-2 character kills.

it's vulnerable on startup
    as I have learned against all the random beam supers

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Knob wrote: »

dante isn't very hard even online

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Kinder, how effective do you think this rocket tackle thing will be against Chris G's Morrigan? Because you could become the scene's biggest hero if it is.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    pretty 100% sure it doesn't start up fast enough (provided you block one initially instead of reaction supering every time he starts his first fireball) to beat unfly and block

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options

Oh ok I guess I like mvc3 a lot then

• Options
    pretty 100% sure it doesn't start up fast enough (provided you block one initially instead of reaction supering every time he starts his first fireball) to beat unfly and block

Yeah Morrigan blocks too stupidly fast to take her out. However, I've used it on other Morrigan players to tackle Doom and XFC Nova force to kill him. Removing Doom usually is the secret to beating Morrigan players.

• Options
    well what's the real reason, knob?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Yeah Morrigan blocks too stupidly fast to take her out. However, I've used it on other Morrigan players to tackle Doom and XFC Nova force to kill him. Removing Doom usually is the secret to beating Morrigan players.
    i love this

man if marvel had better netcode I'd totally play it more

Maybe if you joined the rest of the civilized world it wouldn't be that big of a deal

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options

i love this

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    TheStig wrote: »

i love this

Maybe if you joined the rest of the civilized world it wouldn't be that big of a deal

but I can play skullgirls just fine

also upgrading my Internet tomorrow we'll see~

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    well what's the real reason, knob?

not enough panties/spiky hair/really big swords

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular

i love this

pretty hype

we were already almost lagless last night

i bet with your internet it'll be just like i'm inside you

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    :ar!

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options

Dante was actually extremely dumb to play online in original MVC3.

• Options
    is knob still playing vanilla
    because

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Evo registration confirmed

• Options

i love this

pretty hype

we were already almost lagless last night

i bet with your internet it'll be just like i'm inside you
    you can't win without lag

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    after my online experience with vanilla, i have played ultimate online maybe 3 times
    because

• Options
    never played it

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    never played it

because

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    some kinda big things happening all the sudden for couchtech.

twitch might be throwing some money at a tournament im streaming and helping run here in town. still preliminary, but just the notion is pretty cool.

and thats not even the biggest thing

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    I was playing something else at the time?
    fuck if I remember what though

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

Dante was actually extremely dumb to play online in original MVC3.

In MvC3, everything is OP except you.

Capcom found a way to do this.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Nogs wrote: »

twitch might be throwing some money at a tournament im streaming and helping run here in town. still preliminary, but just the notion is pretty cool.

this is beyond awesome.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    As a Couchtech stream monster

what the fuck, couchtech is selling out? I remember when you guys were all about the FGC.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    E sports

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    As a Couchtech stream monster

what the fuck, couchtech is selling out? I remember when you guys were all about the FGC.

banned from chat

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular

Rare footage of Kinderparty actually angry.

• Options
    Nogs wrote: »

this is beyond awesome.

you mean

we

are beyond awesome

rotate.jpg
  • Options
    F sports

• Options
    fertsports

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    you know what game is really fun

street fighter IV

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    babes for gammies

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    bryar

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    the one true fertsport

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
This discussion has been closed.