As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VF5 Final Showdown June 6th, Everyone In This Thread Is Buying It [FIGHTING GAMES]

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    In the lounge at school

I hear the click clack of fight sticks

I get really excited

I look around

Chubby asian dude with a mullet against a guy with ffx-2 custom stick art and comic sans words

Playing Blazblue

Huh, didn't know you went to my school Swordfights.
    Is this a real post because i think you live in california too

No. I don't live anywhere near California.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Well that's cool too

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Well that's cool too

I wish I did. Or at least near the west coast. We don't have much of a scene here.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Is anything cheaper than Lizard for Sanwa buttons? I've never bought parts before.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I've finally got a real reason to step my marvel game up and that is exciting for me

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I should probably play marvel because all I have ever wanted is to not have a reason to stop attacking

Reversals can convince me to block on your wakeup, but only when my soul is kicking and screaming to do something, anything that does damage

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I am always up for marveling unlike kinderparty who is always duckin peeps!!

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    I need to actually learn to play marvel honestly

I'm close but not quite there

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Is anything cheaper than Lizard for Sanwa buttons? I've never bought parts before.
    Last I heard Lizardlick was kind of fucked. I just bought a JLF from Focus Attack and got good service, and AFAIK they have the full range of buttons.

• Options
    Cantido wrote: »
    Last I heard Lizardlick was kind of fucked. I just bought a JLF from Focus Attack and got good service, and AFAIK they have the full range of buttons.

Dayummm. They cheap.

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I've finally got a real reason to step my marvel game up and that is exciting for me

heh

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options

heh

Playing online with you isn't a real reason

We've been playing WoW

These are people i will play IRL and will see regularly

It's a real reason

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    UltraChen talking about a new SFxT technology vid of juggling off of throws. Anyone got the link to the vid?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    For some reason I am having a hard time getting my stick hand to consistently do forward and back dashes with anything resembling speed or cleanliness of input.

e: It's weird. The main motions I have a problem with are << and d.QCF to the right.

So like with Ryu I can do shoryu+FADC+metsu to the left like 3/5 times because I fuck up the dash input or come out with ex shoryuken. And from the left to the right I can do the focus dash clean and quick every time, but the metsu motion is just like "OMGWAT". My hand just spazzes.

On the flip side of that I can right-dash out of sakura's ex shunpu into her ultra 95% of the time. But from the right side? fuck that.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    ggs biz

does wesker's hyper combo not hold long enough for frank?

If you had a second person who could combo off of air throws I'd say it's a better team.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    PC

STREETS

• Options
    edited May 2012
    OR MAYBE XTEKKEN

THAT WORKS TOO

E: no wait never mind pc streets it is

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    where the hell is everyone?!

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    In bed

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    this saddens me greatly

• Options
    I suppose you could say I have... profound sadness

• Options
    sup jeff

i'll give you noogies

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    yessssss

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I played KOF yesterday and I was reaching whole new levels of legitness

WHERE WERE YOU SATURDAY, LEGIT WALT

WHERE WERE YOU?!

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    UltraChen talking about a new SFxT technology vid of juggling off of throws. Anyone got the link to the vid?

Let me guess: the tech is for Hugo, because he needs more ways to do damage.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWREgRarKwU&amp;feature=youtube_gdata_player

If I can just land that LP after Napalm Shot I will officially be an Intermediate player.

I went ahead and ordered a black acrylic cover for my TE (blacker than the blackest black, times infinity), as well as white buttons and a ball top. I'll do fancy art some other time.

Cantido on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I've come to the sudden and shocking realization that my spacing is actually really bad. For example, I've easily played more matchups against quite a few sakura players than any other character, and I'm always puzzled why it gives me such fits. Only this morning did it hit me that the space I've been fighting so hard to occupy is the exact same place that sakura wants to be, and her options from there are much better than mine.

Ive been playing in rog's comfort zone without giving much thought to where the opponent wants to be, which is making certain matchups much harder than I feel they should be.

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aVKRSRWgOw

looking forward to them fanatiq money matches, yessir

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    I've come to the sudden and shocking realization that my spacing is actually really bad. For example, I've easily played more matchups against quite a few sakura players than any other character, and I'm always puzzled why it gives me such fits. Only this morning did it hit me that the space I've been fighting so hard to occupy is the exact same place that sakura wants to be, and her options from there are much better than mine.

Ive been playing in rog's comfort zone without giving much thought to where the opponent wants to be, which is making certain matchups much harder than I feel they should be.
    I learn matchups best by programming dummies to go through favorite 2-in-1s and setups or pokes or whatever and then finding out where I can stand that really works them over for trying to establish that spacing on me

the rest of the stuff like developing reactions and making reads and even a lot of combos I can learn just by playing, but that kind of intimate spacing knowledge that really makes you better demands the sort of practice you only get by running through a situation repeatedly

and that's why skullgirls training mode is shit

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Knob wrote: »

spacing is a difficult skill, and i feel like playing a character with really strong normals can sometimes hinder the development of your sense of spacing because it's so easy to find a spot where your normals work (and you'll rarely have to work through situations where your normals are utterly stuffed because of spacing)

IMO the best way to get better at spacing is to play someone with a dive kick.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    That's entirely it. I know the ranges where rog is most effective and what to do in them, but I haven't been maintaining much awareness of where my opponent wants to be, beyond simple shit like fight outside of giefs jab spd range, stay just outside of ryu cr.mk, get in on sim, etc.

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    tested some low bitrate streaming this morning just to make sure ill be able to do stuff decently with loooow bandwidth

this is with 500k up, 360p, 40fps

http://www.twitch.tv/couchtech/b/316877196

The first stage and opponents i picked specifically because it there is a lot of graphical movement and those characters costumes are hard as hell for encoding.

second fight is yun/yang in korea, actually looks somewhat decent.

I think if I can mandate training stage, i can do a decent 500k stream. what do you guys think of the quality?

I am gonna try marvel tonight, but i have a feeling it's gonna look like shit.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    those both look fine to me, but i suspect you're right about it not being good enough for marvel

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    ggs biz

If you had a second person who could combo off of air throws I'd say it's a better team.
    I don't know. It's a good question, but it doesn't do enough hits really.

Nova / Frank / Deadpool means I can get level 4 Frank from Nova OR Deadpool.

The real point of the team is to try new people. Like, yesterday was the first time I EVER used Frank or Deadpool lol. It actually didn't go as bad as I expected.

After I stopped, I realized I lost a lot of matches because I was spoiled by my old team. In the old team, I use an OTG extension for Nova obviously, so I don't pay attention to ground bounces because of the OTG / Centurion Arts M ignores the ground bounce limit.

So against you, I wasn't paying attention and lost Nova A LOT due to already using the ground bounce and getting killed.

Speaking of..

Stop doing wake up S / not rolling so much. If I had been using a team I was comfortable with, it would have went very badly for you due to that.

That being said, I'd love to level this new team up if you want to level yours up at the same time. Still debating whether to use Quick Work or OTG with Deadpool.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    I'm so bad at this. Trying to learn Doom. Ugh.

• Options
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I'm all about my Vergil/Nova/Frank team these days. Getting a guaranteed level 4 Frank from any random hit from any of my characters (requiring X-factor for solo Frank I guess) is pretty sweet, although the Vergil combo is kinda strict. I played Dante in the Nova spot for a very long time but he didn't click for me very well, and I just really like Nova anyway.

I basically just love hearing that people are using Frank. He's my favorite character to play in the game by a pretty wide margin.

• Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    ggs biz

I don't know. It's a good question, but it doesn't do enough hits really.

The real point of the team is to try new people. Like, yesterday was the first time I EVER used Frank or Deadpool lol. It actually didn't go as bad as I expected.

After I stopped, I realized I lost a lot of matches because I was spoiled by my old team. In the old team, I use an OTG extension for Nova obviously, so I don't pay attention to ground bounces because of the OTG / Centurion Arts M ignores the ground bounce limit.

So against you, I wasn't paying attention and lost Nova A LOT due to already using the ground bounce and getting killed.

Speaking of..

Stop doing wake up S / not rolling so much. If I had been using a team I was comfortable with, it would have went very badly for you due to that.

That being said, I'd love to level this new team up if you want to level yours up at the same time. Still debating whether to use Quick Work or OTG with Deadpool.
    Learn Deadpool's level 3 xfactor infinite.

Which is just that dashing slash over and over, the one where he says quick as the wind I think?

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9X1Ta1jN8E

When is Guilty Gear coming out for XBLA? I want to main this badass again.

• Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    I might come reloaded after UFGT with a new point or middle character. I'm looking at Trish and Dante.

This discussion has been closed.