As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dishonored: You suck too much to do that no-kill run; just shoot them with magic.

1252627282931»

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I am super happy Dishonored is getting a sequel. I think it's a fantastic game (that I still haven't quite finished) so I'm glad it did well enough to warrant making another. I hope the next one is as good.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I'm hoping it'll be an Assassin's Creed 1/2 situation, where the first game was a great beginning that kind of planted the seeds, and then the second one really reaped the harvest and was super good.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    august wrote: »
    The acting and writing in Daud expansions was miles better so I have high hopes in that regard.

Wasting Brad Dourif is a crime.

I'm going through Knife of Dunwall for the first time, and I have to say that this expansion seems to be addressing basically all of the major problems I have with the main game.

Guards are harder to avoid (I'm not sure if they're more sensitive, but they're definitely placed more intelligently in ways that make it genuinely difficult to get around.

Daud's powers work a little differently, but after I got used to the change (Which was a huge pain during the first mission. It's an aspie thing) I found I really liked the newer version of Blink. The alternate detective mode really annoyed me at first, because you can't actually see people with it until rank 2, but I like not having to swap out the heart to see stuff, and once I upgraded it my complaints went away.

Altogether, I think the changes made the game harder, which is a thing it really needed. The Vanilla game is just way too damned easy, and

The script is WAY better. The guard banter feels way more like real people talking; I actually felt really bad for the guard in the Legal District who was torn over having to evict a family he was close to, who were being wrongfully evicted. Shit, even his superior managed to wring a bit of sympathy when explaining why he basically chose to not care about the wrongness of what they were doing.

The voice acting is definitely better, and I am REALLY glad they made Daud an active character in the narrative instead of reducing him to another silent protagonist.

Additionally, I like Billie Lurk. She's not nearly as interesting as Daud, but she's a pretty fun character, and I unapologetically love any opportunity to have a cold-blooded lady assassin in a video game. Especially one with a pretty good voice.

Fun fact that I just learned: Kristie Wu (BL's VA) was one of the potential slayers in Buffy, Season 7.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Between this and Walking Dead I think Michael Madsen could look into a serious career in VA work

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    While I am having a lot more fun in the Daud DLCs than in the main game, they really haven't done anything to address the problem of having no awy to know that you screwed up ghost/no-kill status until the checklist at the end of the mission.

It's horseshit that the game can straight-up know this for a fact, and yet you're given NO ALERT WHATSOEVER mid-mission to let you know you screwed up.

I just got through the Captain of Industry mission, having just redone it specifically for the cleaner hands achievement, and WHOOPS, looks like some unspecified person died in some random wherever at some unspecified point in time.

Guess I get to re-redo it again!

Fuck's sake.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204