As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blue Screen of [chat]

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    You do not want your boner squeezed!

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    You do not want your boner squeezed!

DON'T YOU

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    i remember for instance our sex ed teacher going over condoms, and at one point she jokingly said "baby I'm too big for a condom" in this jockish voice, then proceeded to roll a condom over her fist and down her forearm, and the class erupted in laughter

i guarantee nobody in the class accepted that excuse from some dude ever, and was therefore safer!

That's a funny mental image, but it's not a very good demonstration. People shouldn't use inappropriately-sized condoms. They don't feel good and they're more likely to break. Your penis is more sensitive fist, and you're not subjecting that (now-overstressed) condom to friction and heat.

It would have been better if she had shown the different sizes of condoms available and just said, "If you're a big guy, buy the large ones."

i am paraphrasing 30 seconds of demonstration from something that happened 15 years ago

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Did anyone else have to watch the terrible awful slides of STDs? Like the worst most infected and pus filled dicks.

Girls were split off and watched a similar one about vaginas.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    We had comprehensive sex education in my middle and high schools, and they said "abstinence is the only really safe sex" millions of times. Over and over again that was repeated, drilled into our fucking heads. But then they moved on to "but if you do have sex, here is how you make it safer."

That is the standard, usual way in which sex ed is taught.

Yeah, my high school sex ed experience was a shitload of abstinence, the evils of teen pregnancy, the horror of STDs, the fear of AIDS, for days on end.

And then one day on birth control.

And then back to abstinence.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    i remember for instance our sex ed teacher going over condoms, and at one point she jokingly said "baby I'm too big for a condom" in this jockish voice, then proceeded to roll a condom over her fist and down her forearm, and the class erupted in laughter

i guarantee nobody in the class accepted that excuse from some dude ever, and was therefore safer!

That's a funny mental image, but it's not a very good demonstration. People shouldn't use inappropriately-sized condoms. They don't feel good and they're more likely to break. Your penis is more sensitive fist, and you're not subjecting that (now-overstressed) condom to friction and heat.

It would have been better if she had shown the different sizes of condoms available and just said, "If you're a big guy, buy the large ones."

That's not quite how it works. If you're a truly big guy, you need extra large, or at least a Magnum for some extra comfort.

The reason is because the little and middle-dicked among us are sold condoms labeled "large" size as a marketing ploy, because no man will buy a box of condoms that says "small" on it.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

i am paraphrasing 30 seconds of demonstration from something that happened 15 years ago

Oh, yeah, good point.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    What the FUCK is up with uTorrent?

It keeps throttling my downloads to 9 kbps. It's been like this for weeks.

utorrent itself doesn't throttle. Your ISP will, though. The only suggestion I can make is that under Options>Preferences>BitTorrent, you make sure protocol encryption is set to "forced" and the "allow legacy connections" box is unchecked.

I recently switched ISPs and it continued like that. Also it appears to be a common problem, just looked it up.

Hm. In that case, is the port utorrent uses open on your router? Check your Up/Down limits too. A lot of times, if you leave your "upload" setting on unlimited, people downloading from you can flood the connection, which will force your download speed into the basement. Limit your upload speed to 10-20k/sec and downloads shouldn't have a problem.

I limited the upload speed.

It's weird though, downloads start at high speeds and after 10 minutes or so they just go down to 9 kbps.

Yes! Seriously, this is exactly what happened to me!

You'll have to bite the bullet and restart eventually.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    That's not quite how it works. If you're a truly big guy, you need extra large, or at least a Magnum for some extra comfort.

The reason is because the little and middle-dicked among us are sold condoms labeled "large" size as a marketing ploy, because no man will buy a box of condoms that says "small" on it.

snug fit

for the less imposing gentleman

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    All I remember about sexual education was awkwardly watching a video of a couple going at it in class.

It was a good five minutes or so of just this guy pounding away.

That and the weird kid asking what happened if you had sex with an already pregnant girl (like did they form a line? Or did it replace the pre-existing one).

And yet I seem to pick up better habits that most (I remember friends talking about "double-bagging" and so forth. Actually, that guy is a Dad now.)

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    My best time playing LoL was playing Swain or Lux. Mostly to be a troll. It was fun.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

snug fit

slim fit with a lower rise gives a more modern appearance you know

only grandpas wear that pleated high water stuff

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    What the FUCK is up with uTorrent?

It keeps throttling my downloads to 9 kbps. It's been like this for weeks.

utorrent itself doesn't throttle. Your ISP will, though. The only suggestion I can make is that under Options>Preferences>BitTorrent, you make sure protocol encryption is set to "forced" and the "allow legacy connections" box is unchecked.

I recently switched ISPs and it continued like that. Also it appears to be a common problem, just looked it up.

Hm. In that case, is the port utorrent uses open on your router? Check your Up/Down limits too. A lot of times, if you leave your "upload" setting on unlimited, people downloading from you can flood the connection, which will force your download speed into the basement. Limit your upload speed to 10-20k/sec and downloads shouldn't have a problem.

I limited the upload speed.

It's weird though, downloads start at high speeds and after 10 minutes or so they just go down to 9 kbps.

Yes! Seriously, this is exactly what happened to me!

You'll have to bite the bullet and restart eventually.

Okay fuck it, I'm doing it.

If it doesn't work I'm just gonna *shudder* install Vuze.

yGxvf.png
  • Options

snug fit

slim fit with a lower rise gives a more modern appearance you know

only grandpas wear that pleated high water stuff

You hipsters and your tight-fitting condoms! *shakes fist*

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Did anyone else have to watch the terrible awful slides of STDs? Like the worst most infected and pus filled dicks.

Oh god yes, it was one of the most horrible things I've experienced.

I could have gone my entire life without knowing what crotch-rotting gonorrhea pustules look like.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    MadpandaMadpanda suburbs west of chicagoRegistered User regular
    LoL with PA people was about 90% of the time much more fun than soloqueue. The other 10% of the time it wasn't as bad as some of the soloqueue horror stories I've heard, but when you are used to a chill community, having it switch to non chill serious biznasss is grating.

I defiantly learned a lot from pa people, but burned out on the game and having a few days of serious bizness games sucked. 21st was fun people to play with though.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam/PSN/XBL/Minecraft / LoL / - Benevicious | WoW - Duckwood - Rajhek
  • Options
    Interesting little fact from the CDC. The US teenage birthrate is at its lowest point since they started recording it in the 1940's. Though I wouldn't say this is from abstinence education but instead from a changing culture where it is becoming a bigger and bigger stigma against having kids early.

Personally I would prefer they would do some comprehensive sex ed. Mostly due to STDs such as HIV, Hep C and such. Also it should include homosexual sex ed as well. But I don't live in magic land.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I like to let my condom sag

I'm from the streets

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

We got both. Along with both sexes getting pseudo-practical training on the use of various prophylactics. How to apply a condom to a wooden dowel and how to improvise a dental dam for both sexes. It was fairly comprehensive.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Interesting little fact from the CDC. The US teenage birthrate is at its lowest point since they started recording it in the 1940's. Though I wouldn't say this is from abstinence education but instead from a changing culture where it is becoming a bigger and bigger stigma against having kids early.

Personally I would prefer they would do some comprehensive sex ed. Mostly due to STDs such as HIV, Hep C and such. Also it should include homosexual sex ed as well. But I don't live in magic land.

I wonder if it's due to a stigma, or a shifting cultural change where people in general are waiting later and later to have kids

so you're less likely to have peers/friends/siblings/role models who are parents in their early or mid 20s then you were a few decades ago

• Options
    Dental dams, eh. I guess I could try that out.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    We had comprehensive sex education in my middle and high schools, and they said "abstinence is the only really safe sex" millions of times. Over and over again that was repeated, drilled into our fucking heads. But then they moved on to "but if you do have sex, here is how you make it safer."

That is the standard, usual way in which sex ed is taught.

Yeah, my high school sex ed experience was a shitload of abstinence, the evils of teen pregnancy, the horror of STDs, the fear of AIDS, for days on end.

And then one day on birth control.

And then back to abstinence.

This doesn't sound like a much better solution.

I mean, birth control is kind of an important thing. If you're going to tell people how to use it, you kind of want to cover as many of the common misunderstandings, misuses and things as you can.

• Options
    None of my friends from HS or college have kids. That's... wow, that's fucking weird. We're almost 30.

What the fuck.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    I'm curious now to hear what people think of my voice, and whether they could detect an accent. I haven't been paying much attention lately and I think some Texan might be slipping in there.

Did you pick up any Irish while staying there? I know I've picked up a bit of English in my accent since living here, which confuses people back home when I visit

I discovered while overseas that I'm an accent chameleon... It only takes me two or three days to pick up an accented English from wherever I am. I definitely had a bit of the Galway accent while I was there, and for a while afterwards. I still can't shake saying "cheers" instead of "thanks", and even the occasional "yer man / yer one" slips out.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Mechwarrior online is starting a "friends and family" closed beta. Seems like they are getting pretty far along.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I'm curious now to hear what people think of my voice, and whether they could detect an accent. I haven't been paying much attention lately and I think some Texan might be slipping in there.

Did you pick up any Irish while staying there? I know I've picked up a bit of English in my accent since living here, which confuses people back home when I visit

I discovered while overseas that I'm an accent chameleon... It only takes me two or three days to pick up an accented English from wherever I am. I definitely had a bit of the Galway accent while I was there, and for a while afterwards. I still can't shake saying "cheers" instead of "thanks", and even the occasional "yer man / yer one" slips out.

Cheers is an awesome word, and should be used everywhere.

• Options

Oh god yes, it was one of the most horrible things I've experienced.

I could have gone my entire life without knowing what crotch-rotting gonorrhea pustules look like.

LYVy2.jpg

• Options
    None of my friends from HS or college have kids. That's... wow, that's fucking weird. We're almost 30.

What the fuck.

its more common nowadays I think

get married later, if at all

have kids later

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

You and my mother, apparently.

She'd pick up stereotypical chinese accents to the point where it sounded racist.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I wonder if it's due to a stigma, or a shifting cultural change where people in general are waiting later and later to have kids

so you're less likely to have peers/friends/siblings/role models who are parents in their early or mid 20s then you were a few decades ago

One of the theories I heard on NPR are that shows like 16 and pregnant are taking away the mystique of teenage motherhood from many girls pushing back the age they want to have children. Now of course this is national average. There are still places where teen pregnancy is very very high and a major issue. It is a cultural change though which is for the better.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular

"Cheers" bugs the crap out of me. For about 2 years maybe longer, it seemed to become the default goodbye for anyone I knew under the age of 50 in NZ. It still happens in London but not as bad as it was back in the day

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

"Cheers" bugs the crap out of me. For about 2 years maybe longer, it seemed to become the default goodbye for anyone I knew under the age of 50 in NZ. It still happens in London but not as bad as it was back in the day

By living in the UK I've found that when exposed to Foreign, I just sound more southern and more American. It's weird.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

nothing gets a woman feeling sexy quite like 'hey, i'm gonna put this piece of a trashbag in between my mouth and your vagina... in case you're poison'

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Also, monogamy + vasectomy = all the win. All of it.

• Options
    I am tired and sad-ish and do not feel like doing work

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Cheers is an awesome word, and should be used everywhere.
    While I do use it quite a lot, I also accept cheers is one of those words that you use instead of thanks to try and trick people into think you have 'people skills'.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    abstinence only sex education increases teen pregnancy

da powa of abstinence

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    monogamy is lame as hell

give me anonymous glory hole sex any day

• Options
    mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

We got both. Along with both sexes getting pseudo-practical training on the use of various prophylactics. How to apply a condom to a wooden dowel and how to improvise a dental dam for both sexes. It was fairly comprehensive.

That's not sex-ed that's boot camp. o.o

"PRIVATE! YOU WILL NOW FIELD STRIP THIS VAGINA. YOU HAVE TWENTY SECONDS. GO GO GO."

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

nothing gets a woman feeling sexy quite like 'hey, i'm gonna put this piece of a trashbag in between my mouth and your vagina... in case you're poison'

Yeah, that is why I've never used one.

This discussion has been closed.