As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Did you just kill Chloe? Awesome!

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    your mother

your mother is

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Is this movie supposed to be scary?

That trailer scared me.

• JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this movie from the trailer. Watched it in the youtube thread last month or so and I've shown it to a few people since then. Just. Not sure. I haven't seen it but I'm pretty sure Bobcat's strengths aren't those that are capable of handling this movie's premise in a way that isn't just some cathartic grindhouse insanity.

steam_sig.png
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    MOM

STOP SHOOTING STRAWMEN

THIS IS WHY ALL OUR NEIGHBORS MOVE AWAY

sig.gif
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Oh hey, the lead is Freddy from Mad Men!

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    well there's one good thing about this movie

if I keep an eye out for people who suggest it is in any way good I can easily assemble a list of people who are awful and/or insane

0BnD8l3.gif
    yeah, that's sad to see

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    With “God Bless America,” writer/director Bobcat Goldthwait has manufactured an exhilarating sensation of disgust, funneling a reservoir of frustration into an acidic script that somehow manages to be hilarious while remaining enormously unnerving. It’s a sniper-sure shot of rage striking the heart of American culture, having a blast wiping away the scum of the Earth. It’s a chaotic tear through reality shows, social irritants, and amateur singing contests that’s finessed superbly by the helmer, who commits in full to a lunatic idea. Even for a filmmaker who’s made pictures about bestiality, autoerotic asphyxiation, and alcoholic clowns, “God Bless America” still manages to astonish with its audacious content and ballsy execution. It’s a couch potato battle cry capturing the zeitgeist in a bold, bloody fashion.

http://www.blu-ray.com/God-Bless-America/112355/?show=preview

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

if I keep an eye out for people who suggest it is in any way good I can easily assemble a list of people who are awful and/or insane

Enjoying mindless dreck means you are insane? Shit, better go lock up everybody who ever watch a Saw movie, or anything Michael Bay ever made. Shit, I love the Evil Dead trilogy, perhaps I'm a disgusting monster?

Ubik wrote: »
    With “God Bless America,” writer/director Bobcat Goldthwait has manufactured an exhilarating sensation of disgust, funneling a reservoir of frustration into an acidic script that somehow manages to be hilarious while remaining enormously unnerving. It’s a sniper-sure shot of rage striking the heart of American culture, having a blast wiping away the scum of the Earth. It’s a chaotic tear through reality shows, social irritants, and amateur singing contests that’s finessed superbly by the helmer, who commits in full to a lunatic idea. Even for a filmmaker who’s made pictures about bestiality, autoerotic asphyxiation, and alcoholic clowns, “God Bless America” still manages to astonish with its audacious content and ballsy execution. It’s a couch potato battle cry capturing the zeitgeist in a bold, bloody fashion.

http://www.blu-ray.com/God-Bless-America/112355/?show=preview
    Seriously this. Is some girl who wants to make it big on American Idol really the linchpin of the rot eating up the United States?

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    “God Bless America” doesn’t shy away from the premise, instead jumping into the adrenaline rush of murder, observing Frank and Roxy brainstorm their kill list, sharing their repulsion with a world that celebrates high-fives, strippers-turned-screenwriters, and amateur singers.

oh the horror of high-fives

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    ubik why are you doing this

edited April 2012
    10 stars out of 10 folks!

although it's labelled as a "Preview"???

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Enjoying mindless dreck means you are insane? Shit, better go lock up everybody who ever watch a Saw movie, or anything Michael Bay ever made. Shit, I love the Evil Dead trilogy, perhaps I'm a disgusting monster?

yo, truthbomb

if you at all enjoyed the saw films you are a bad person

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    I've never seen any of the saw films, am I Schroedinger's Bad Person??

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    if I could lock up everyone who ever enjoyed the saw films I would

0BnD8l3.gif
    Saw 1 was okay, mostly because it wasn't about gore.

sig.gif

not even joking

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

yo, truthbomb

I've never seen any of them. And whilst they are absolutely without merit, a person enjoying them is not automatically a bad person.

ok i was looking at the Rotten Tomatoes "reviews" and one of the "reviewers" linked to a Compuserve forum post and then i lost all faith in Rotten Tomatoes

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Eh I'll watch this before I form an opinion on it. Might be good, might be bad, might be M.Night bad.

ubik why are you doing this

the person who wrote that review is probably worse than the movie!

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I thought the first saw movie was neat but I was 14? 15? when I saw it

2x39jD4.jpg

yo, truthbomb

I've never seen any of them. And whilst they are absolutely without merit, a person enjoying them is not automatically a bad person.

no it does

sorry for the truthbomb

not even joking

It's great that you enjoy patting yourselves on the back so much, but can you wind back the hyperbole a notch or two?

not even joking

It's great that you enjoy patting yourselves on the back so much, but can you wind back the hyperbole a notch or two?

I would if I was being hyperbolic????

not even joking

It's great that you enjoy patting yourselves on the back so much, but can you wind back the hyperbole a notch or two hundred million?

sig.gif

not even joking

I would if I was being hyperbolic????

Do you even get that you are doing the same thing as the character in this movie? "You like/do this = you are automatically the worst person ever"

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Another scintillating display of sophistry from chris.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Skull Man wrote: »
    I'll wind you back a notch or two!

On the torturemurder machine!

you've BURNED people with your lies, now watch as I fucking burn you to death

you were always giving people the COLD SHOULDER, now I will freeze your lungs with liquid nitrogen

can you handle my DARK IRONY

is this how reign in hell ends

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    replace Joel Murray with Bill Murray

would you watch this movie

I'll wind you back a notch or two!

On the torturemurder machine!

you've BURNED people with your lies, now watch as I fucking burn you to death

you were always giving people the COLD SHOULDER, now I will freeze your lungs with liquid nitrogen

can you handle my DARK IRONY

you can't handle my DARK IRONY, so I burned your eyes out with an iron

I've heard that the first Saw movie maybe has a decent message, maybe?

Oh man, I wonder if he's named 'Frank' after the Punisher?

Druhim wrote: »
    Another scintillating display of sophistry from chris.

Man, don't make me look up words.

Ubik wrote: »
    http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/sxsw-2012-review-god-bless-america-bobcat-goldthwait.php
    To steal from the film’s director during his post-SXSW screening Q&A, Bobcat Goldthwait’s God Bless America is a violent film about kindness. Because unlike other, lesser films to which this one will undoubtedly be compared — the likes of Kevin Smith’s Red State or (gasp) Uwe Boll’s Rampage – the violence is easily overshadowed by the simple, elemental philosophy behind Frank’s spree: he only kills those who deserve to die.

you heard it here folks!

a high school girl deserves to die

fans of a tv show deserve to die

a dude capturing evidence of Frank's 4 murders deserves to die!

oh

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/reviews/sxsw-2012-review-god-bless-america-bobcat-goldthwait.php
    To steal from the film’s director during his post-SXSW screening Q&A, Bobcat Goldthwait’s God Bless America is a violent film about kindness. Because unlike other, lesser films to which this one will undoubtedly be compared — the likes of Kevin Smith’s Red State or (gasp) Uwe Boll’s Rampage – the violence is easily overshadowed by the simple, elemental philosophy behind Frank’s spree: he only kills those who deserve to die.

you heard it here folks!

a high school girl deserves to die

fans of a tv show deserve to die

a dude capturing evidence of Frank's 4 murders deserves to die!

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Man I was hoping this would at least be a clever parody or, like Solar also hoped, would at least subvert the entire thing and make people who sympathise as well as relate to the main character feel awful.

Disappointed it does and is neither of these things.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    who stands up and yells I'm recording your murder, so I can tattle tell on you later

shoot him in the dick at least

Xehalus on