As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

In the close future, there is only war, and spilling drinks on the Citadel.[Mass Effect]

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    holy shit you're so cool

0BnD8l3.gif
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    People care about Tali?

yawn.

Really?

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    holy shit you're so cool

the coolest

• TefTef Registered User regular
    thank the good lord for page 100

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Enough time to mention my new vanguard, since I promoted that last set

Van Guardsing

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Enough time to mention my new vanguard, since I promoted that last set

Van Guardsing

I

approve

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    I got a geth infiltrator. Painted it bright green and named it Clever Girl

Then I turned on hunter mode. Jesus christ, I don't think they tested that mode on 800x600 displays, you can't see SHIT

It's like playing through drunk goggles with double vision.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Kana

your computer makes me weep

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i hate hunter mode

the blur feels like what its like to not wear glasses only not quite as bad

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm mostly used to hunter mode by now.

The only problem I still regularly have is that it makes it really hard to see those blue objective diamonds.

IKknkhU.gif
    I suspect that quality of your display will play a big part in how annoying hunter mode is.

Also if your eyesight isn't fantastic to begin with. It gives me absolutely no trouble but I know a lot of people who wear glasses and/or play on crappy monitors that really really dislike it.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Hunter mode is one of those things you just have to get used to.

The benefits are generally worthwhile, but expect to suck ass until you've gotten the hang of dealing with all the distracting symbols and bloom or whatever it is.

Hunter mode is stupid good even if you have some trouble seeing though.

Hello yes see through walls get damage bonus and power cooldown reductions

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I suspect that quality of your display will play a big part in how annoying hunter mode is.

Also if your eyesight isn't fantastic to begin with. It gives me absolutely no trouble but I know a lot of people who wear glasses and/or play on crappy monitors that really really dislike it.

My monitor isn't super-great, but it's not bad either (1600x900 max).

And with contacts, my eyesight is practically 20/20 with no glare.

That blue diamond just seems to blend in with hunter mode's various filters.

IKknkhU.gif
    I more meant if you're running a screen that has a lot of ghosting or blur to it, as some older or lower quality TN panels will do.

It just compounds the blurring already going on and makes it a mess.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    People care about Tali?

yawn.

Really?

Yep. She's boring.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm going blind from all these edgy opinions poking me in the eye

Miss me? Find me on:

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hunter Mode became worth it for me with the x-ray range upgrade.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I'm so edgy, you guys.

Falling through cracks in the floor because I'm just so edgy that I'm absolutely flat

2dtr87s.png
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Even though it makes me perilously uncool, I like Tali. If I were a dude, I would totes romance her.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i actually don't like tali a bunch, but i don't think i'm cool for it.

I'm cool for other reasons.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Even though it makes me perilously uncool, I like Tali. If I were a dude, I would totes romance her.

You don't have to be a dude, you just have to make a Shep that is a dude.

edited May 2012
    like, I could understood calling Jacob boring, as much as I like him

Tali? Eh, whatever

but, goddamn

learn to use language that denotes an opinion

the extra time and consideration you spend on a post is reflected by how much less of a jerkbutt you come off as

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2012
    Okay.

Whatever you say.

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Tali is the best little sister.

sig.gif
    A female friend of mine was super excited when Tali became a romanceable option in 2.

But really the only rule for ME romances is that Miranda is dumb, a bloo a bloo a bloo

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Me: You know you’re really going to that well a lot. They can’t ALL come from petri dishes.
    Mom: That’s why he’s black. They left him in there too long and he got overcooked.
    I bury my face in my hands.

b1ehrMM.gif
    What's a nubian?

sig.gif
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    A female friend of mine was super excited when Tali became a romanceable option in 2.

But really the only rule for ME romances is that Miranda is dumb, a bloo a bloo a bloo

Yup.

Even the normally reliable standby of "don't stick your dick in crazy" isn't foolproof. Since Jack?

Pretty alright.

Yeah I enjoy Jack

She's a nice change from the typical romantic interests you see in teh vidya gaems

edited May 2012
    Jack's not crazy, she's a victim that lashes out.

Miranda's the one with the inferiority complex about her superiority.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Jack is the greatest.

DudeShep is pretty lucky, almost all of his romantic interests are super cool and not duds like Kaidan and Jacob. The only bad one for DudeShep is Miranda.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Jack is the greatest.

DudeShep is pretty lucky, almost all of his romantic interests are super cool and not duds like Kaidan and Jacob. The only bad one for DudeShep is Miranda.

What about Kaidan?

He sucks for either Shepard.

chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Jack is the greatest.

What about Kaidan?

Oooh, I forgot about that. I guess the terrible is equal on both sides, then.

Jack is the greatest.

What about Kaidan?

:winky:

sig.gif
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Thane. FemShep wins.

Also Garrus is a boss.

Liara oddly seems to be a much better pairing with FemShep than BroShep, must be the delivery of the lines from Hale compared to Meer again.

Fantastic
    Jack is the greatest.

What about Kaidan?

Oooh, I forgot about that. I guess the terrible is equal on both sides, then.

And if you pick Jacob, the game offers a guilt free mulligan, at about the same time as Traynor comes up to the cabin.

Meanwhile, if you try to break up with Miranda, she
    dies, trying to make you feel all guilty and shit.

Balanced!

It's just odd that there isn't a guy for FemShep to romance if she hadn't done so in previous games. Unless I'm completely off about Kaidan, that is.

sig.gif
    Sorce wrote: »
    It's just odd that there isn't a guy for FemShep to romance if she hadn't done so in previous games. Unless I'm completely off about Kaidan, that is.

Well, he's out of the picture since, well...
    He's dead.

Sorce wrote: »

Well, he's out of the picture since, well...
    He's dead.
    So's Shepard. Is it necrophilia if they're both zombies?

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.