As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Euphemon wrote: »
    I know every caster does that to a degree, but Tasteless takes it to another, annoying, level to me. DRG finally getting a win over MKP, after meeting in 3 consecutive MLG finals is a strong storyline by itself. But neither player are legends. Nor did DRG dethrone MKP as the best player in the world, yet Tasteless kept emphasizing this was the biggest deal ever. There can be strong storylines without made up storylines. After this, MKP is not dethroned as best player. DRG is still not a legend. He's just a very good player who finally overcame his rival after meeting him 3 times in the same tournament's finals. Not to mention, all the MMA DRG hype from Blizzard Cup. And before that, the GSTL meetings.
    Yeah, exactly, Meeks. Especially since DRG finally beat MKP in a finals after losing to him in 2 MLGs, and also the Blizzard Cup. The two have had a LONG storyline already. GSTL, Anaheim, Providence, Blizzard Cup, Winter Arena, Winter championship, and now Spring Arena. Instead of emphasizing that, it become some sort of "DRG IS NOW A LEGEND BY WINNING THIS ONE MINI-TOURNAMENT". It's not like MKP appeared absolutely untouchable either. He was certainly the best player in the world right now, but beating him wasn't the equivalent of even beating Nestea/MVP/MC back in their peaks.
    MKP wasn't in the Blizzard Cup - MMA was, and it was MMA who won over DRG. MKP also wasn't at either Anaheim or Providence - MMA was. Do you actually think that MKP and MMA are the same person?

edit: you can get a low ping to SEA if you use an ISP that doesn't do shitty routing

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    a low ping, but no actual opponents

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    I know every caster does that to a degree, but Tasteless takes it to another, annoying, level to me. DRG finally getting a win over MKP, after meeting in 3 consecutive MLG finals is a strong storyline by itself. But neither player are legends. Nor did DRG dethrone MKP as the best player in the world, yet Tasteless kept emphasizing this was the biggest deal ever. There can be strong storylines without made up storylines. After this, MKP is not dethroned as best player. DRG is still not a legend. He's just a very good player who finally overcame his rival after meeting him 3 times in the same tournament's finals. Not to mention, all the MMA DRG hype from Blizzard Cup. And before that, the GSTL meetings.
    Yeah, exactly, Meeks. Especially since DRG finally beat MKP in a finals after losing to him in 2 MLGs, and also the Blizzard Cup. The two have had a LONG storyline already. GSTL, Anaheim, Providence, Blizzard Cup, Winter Arena, Winter championship, and now Spring Arena. Instead of emphasizing that, it become some sort of "DRG IS NOW A LEGEND BY WINNING THIS ONE MINI-TOURNAMENT". It's not like MKP appeared absolutely untouchable either. He was certainly the best player in the world right now, but beating him wasn't the equivalent of even beating Nestea/MVP/MC back in their peaks.
    MKP wasn't in the Blizzard Cup - MMA was, and it was MMA who won over DRG. MKP also wasn't at either Anaheim or Providence - MMA was. Do you actually think that MKP and MMA are the same person?

edit: you can get a low ping to SEA if you use an ISP that doesn't do shitty routing

Woops, sorry, brain fart for a sec there, confused MMA and MKP. Regardless, the core point remains. DRG is the best zerg in the world, and has been for a while. He already has a storyline established. He has a rivalry with MKP, dating back to GSTL last year (including winning GSTL for his team by beating Marineking last year). He lost to Marineking in the AoL finals, then beat him in the King of Kongs earlier this year. Indeed, until Winter Arena, he was 12-5 against MKP. Then MKP won Winter Arena and also a major tournament (Winter Championship), solidifying him as currently the best player in the world. DRG faces him in the finals for the 3rd time in the same group of tournaments, after having lost twice in a row, despite previously having a winning record. Over this storyline of revenge and also the two current best players of their races, Tasteless started going on about becoming a legend, when it's obvious that neither of them are, nor would they become one by winning a small invitational. Not to mention, it was really grating to hear about how DRG is proving himself when he's already so good and well known. It's not like he came out of nowhere. Both of them have graduated from their Kong line status already.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I don't think anybody denies that Tasteless is the weaker link in the Tastosis duo.

• Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    He has a rivalry with MKP, dating back to GSTL last year (including winning GSTL for his team by beating Marineking last year).
    I hate to keep nitpicking but this didn't happen, either. DRG didn't play in the finals that MVP won. He did beat MKP in the group stages of the same tournament, though (when he all-killed Prime).

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    he did prove he could beat marine king in a finals after losing to him twice in a row recently.

and if we have any 'legends of sc2', mkp is one. It certainly makes it more fun to me if we do, I like to think of it that way. and I think this is sort of a bigger deal as far as DRG's status than beating genius even if that did give him a GSL and more money.

I dunno I just can't see getting worked up about it. He tried maybe a little too hard to get people hyped about the games. not that you can't say something that bothers you, by all means, just compared to a lot of what's out there getting overly excited about a certain angle on the story that maybe isn't the ideal one just seems like a really small issue.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I don't think anybody denies that Tasteless is the weaker link in the Tastosis duo.

I'd like to see artosis and apollo cast. I think that would be good.

Basically apollo and anyone else turns out to be good though.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    jaziek wrote: »

I'd like to see artosis and apollo cast. I think that would be good.

Basically apollo and anyone else turns out to be good though.

they did at dh winter or some other event

and yep, it was p. good

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Wait

Seguer's in the US now?

...is

is he alright?

The culture shock isn't hitting him too hard, is it?

It's okay. I told him which foods to eat and which were poison.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Wait

Seguer's in the US now?

...is

is he alright?

there isnt much difference. America is basically Australia with different brand names.

And without crocodiles.

And you guys think "sook" and "doona" are words.

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Wait

Seguer's in the US now?

...is

is he alright?

there isnt much difference. America is basically Australia with different brand names.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Also people use "how are you" as a substitute for "hello"

edit: in australia

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular

OWS IT GAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHN

narwhal: he used the word 'doona' in a public place? hit him

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »

She probably just heard someone use the word in the comfort of their own home, thought it was weird, and had to tell the internet

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Anzekay wrote: »

She probably just heard someone use the word in the comfort of their own home, thought it was weird, and had to tell the internet

He was like, "my doona's on the floor right now so you can't see it" and I was like wtf... my mind was trying to substitute possible objects as to what it could be referring to until he told me. I finally realized he was probably talking about his comforter, and he was like wtf is a comforter?

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i just asked myself what the fuck either of those things are

turns out it's a duvet

who knew

Biosys on
  • Options
    its a quilt

• Options
    Biosys wrote: »

turns out it's a duvet

who knew

Who says duvet??

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    narwhal wrote: »

turns out it's a duvet

who knew

Who says duvet??

America, only country that says 'comforter'.

At least here in Aus we know we are the only ones who say 'doona' and say quilt or duvet for everyone else's sake most of the time

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Pretty sure my dads wife, who is from adelaide/melbourne says comforter as well, I never heard doona when I was there at least.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Pretty sure my dads wife, who is from adelaide/melbourne says comforter as well, I never heard doona when I was there at least.

So what are they called in Sweden?

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    they're called asshole wrappers

• Options
    they come from internets

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »

turns out it's a duvet

who knew

Who says duvet??

We do in the UK.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    It's finally happened, Squid

The Australia and SC2 threads have merged into one

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

ok, this made me LOL
    good thing I'm late for work

Squid +1

^_^

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    oh you mean an eiderdown? how quaint.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    oh you mean an eiderdown? how quaint.

eiderdown

the last place i heard the word "eiderdown" was on an indie-folk concept album featuring that guy from bon iver.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    It's finally happened, Squid

The Australia and SC2 threads have merged into one

We just need more Aussies and less non-Aussies.

Starting with Mig. Mig, gtfo.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well.... can I at least keep my nydus here?

It doesn't get in anyone's way as none of you have noticed it there.
    MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    starcraftfanart.jpg

Nor the proxy hatch.
    MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH x 2

On that note, when the hell is HotS coming out?
    Nydus worms that do damage? Yes please!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I don't think I'm the one who said doona.

They are actual things though.

• Options
    It was me, obviously.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Wait

Seguer's in the US now?

...is

is he alright?

But did you tell him about the box of pain?!

If he pulls his hand out we have to kill him, fear is the mindkiller!

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    There is a difference between a quilt and a comforter. At least I think there is.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Comforters tend to be stuffed, while I believe quilts traditionally aren't.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    You guys have a lot of strange ways of saying "blanket"

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    A blanket is a single piece of fabric. Everything else in this thread is multiple pieces sewn together and stuffed (minus the quilts).

• Options
    doona is another word for a duvet which is essentially idential to a comforter. Just different words for the same thing.

A quilt is another thing alltogether.

A blanket is another thing as well.

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    You guys have a lot of strange ways of saying "blanket"

The truth. I tend to just refer to everything as a blanket. Why complicate things?

This discussion has been closed.