As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'd use them but my fingers can't reach all the way to the function keys without going to the enormous effort of lifting my hand.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I only really use up to f6 ever on maps that offer that many bases. and I used spacebar for my rally point (as per kambing)

edit - obviously I'm psyched about naniwa vs. mvp but I think supernova vs. hero is going to be fucking incredible.

not that taeja vs. squirtle won't be but the other one excites me even more. the pvp will... I'd say I expect parting to just play tighter than Oz but it's a matchup Oz is actually great at in his career and parting not so much. should be interesting.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I have F1-4 set as locations and F5-8 sets the locations, but I rarely remember to use them. Sometimes F2 is set to a proxy pylon for quick warpins.

Would be nice if there was a way to set something like a mouse hat-switch to scrolling, so you could do it a bit while still controlling normally.

fadingathedges on
  • SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Damn I can't connect to mumble.

Password (wang) wasn't working, and now it just flat out refuses to connect to the server.. oO

Works fine for me.

• KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    That's because no aussies allowed.

edited April 2012
    It's telling me my password is wrong for registered users.

oO

EDIT: Instead of unregistered

Seguer on
    This 'Flash/KT going to SC2' thread on TL is pretty funny.
    CUtg6.png
    Collosus impression
    VD3PL.jpg

• mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Seguer wrote: »
    It's telling me my password is wrong for registered users.

oO

EDIT: Instead of unregistered

If you registered your nickname on the Mumble server, it'll have a different password than the default. If you don't remember what it is, use a different username.

edited April 2012
    I saw it with

Hey Teacher!

How do I enable LAN mode?

Variable on
    Yeah I tried that meeks, the different username is when it just couldn't connect at all..

No idea what the problem is then. Might want to try reinstalling Mumble.

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Whenever I try to use screen hotkeys I can never get them to work. I tried to have it set up so that I use shift+f1 to make and f1 to select etc... but it doesn't ever seem to work, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • TrunkersTrunkers Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    guys, the thread was on page two. I am far too used to seeing it on the top of page one.

@trunkers http://glhfmag.com/about-us
    You should totes contact these guys and ask to do articles for them :D

Hmm... I haven't really been following the scene. I don't even know where my mouse is! I'm sure I'll get back into SC2 eventually though.

My MTG Cube Site - -http://riptidelab.com
    lategame tvp is really starting to get on my fucking nerves again. I can't let it get to me but jesus

I've been on the other side of people saying shit was unfair but I can't comprehend anyone thinking this shit is acceptable

Haikus for Vari

TvP lategame
    Chargelots and Storm bearing down
    why didn't I all-in

HTs and Archons
    are like Infestors that morph
    into Ultralisks

I wish that supply
    mattered against AoE
    and Chargelots could die

Hahaha, love those haikus.

edited April 2012
    in a bad mood, trying not to rant. great haikus. I wrote like 3 paragraphs 3 times and I just don't need to post it. lost 5 in a row, don't mind the tvz and tvt losses, the protoss ones have me really motherfucking on edge though. done for the night.

I hate the allins enough. the ones I scout and respond to but it doesn't matter because they ff my bunkers. I hate those enough, I don't need to be in an un winnable position because I only did severe damage in the midgame instead of having enough to put it away.

edit - you look at the chart after the game and mine goes up and up and up and then while theirs is hovering at the bottom suddenly mine plummits.

and it's not because I don't storm dodge, it's because I survive through the battle with their storm but they warp in some chargelots and I think... leave? so they can get and EVEN BETTER COMP? no I have to do damage

and my army melts. there's no right choice there. in a called match it is referred to as "over extending" but it's more like "desperately trying to punish toss for losing his entire army but I can't because they make insanely strong zealots appear that I can't keep from finishing me off"

Variable on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I feel like literally the only way to beat chargelot archon storm lategame if you aren't bazillion ahead is to have amazing storm dodging or great EMPs, or decent of both, and an army comprised mostly of marines.

Marauders survive storms better, allowing you to make mistakes, but they just can't kill chargelots. So the only answer is to go marine ghost and focus on your micro.

hope they don't add in colossus I guess

• itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    jk
    Variable wrote: »
    in a bad mood, trying not to rant. great haikus. I wrote like 3 paragraphs 3 times and I just don't need to post it. lost 5 in a row, don't mind the tvz and tvt losses, the protoss ones have me really motherfucking on edge though. done for the night.

I hate the allins enough. the ones I scout and respond to but it doesn't matter because they ff my bunkers. I hate those enough, I don't need to be in an un winnable position because I only did severe damage in the midgame instead of having enough to put it away.

edit - you look at the chart after the game and mine goes up and up and up and then while theirs is hovering at the bottom suddenly mine plummits.

and it's not because I don't storm dodge, it's because I survive through the battle with their storm but they warp in some chargelots and I think... leave? so they can get and EVEN BETTER COMP? no I have to do damage

and my army melts. there's no right choice there. in a called match it is referred to as "over extending" but it's more like "desperately trying to punish toss for losing his entire army but I can't because they make insanely strong zealots appear that I can't keep from finishing me off"

I might be talking out of my ass, because I seethe with hate even thinking about late game tvp, but the method I've had the most success with is Planetarying off the middle of the map and covering full vision with sentry towers. Then, I just camp out and win engagements in the middle, watch out for harass, and build the ideal unit composition to win each fight. I literally don't attack once the game reaches 4 bases, until he messes up and I crush one of the engagements thoroughly enough to actually counter, I mess up and he gains a sizable advantage for even one fight, or the map gets mined out.

It makes for some incredibly long, dull, and frustrating games, but also for some angry toss and actual wins past 20 minutes. It's ridiculous, and still doesn't always work, but its the method I've had the most success with. Come to think of it, though, I've only really ever used this on Shakuras.

fuck zealots

I'll try anything at this point honestly I'm just not sure when I can afford that and not just have them overrun. but if I see an opening I'll go for it, fuck it.

Deft is right about the mid map PFs, atleast on maps where you can do that. They soak Charges and make great chokes to funnel Zealots as well as operate like cliffs for your Vikings.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Deft is right about the mid map PFs, atleast on maps where you can do that. They soak Charges and make great chokes to funnel Zealots as well as operate like cliffs for your Vikings.

that is a brilliant idea

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    So what I'm getting from this is that I should go back to all zealots, all the time, right?

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    CUtg6.png

My favourite is:

"Teacher, something's wrong.
    My marines aren't dieing."

But are they really taking sc2 classes?

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    MMMig wrote: »
    CUtg6.png

My favourite is:

"Teacher, something's wrong.
    My marines aren't dieing."

But are they really taking sc2 classes?

yep

there's another picture around of flash and some other dudes looking at pictures of sc2 units

apparently other teams are doing similiar stuff too, as it's all but confirmed next proleague has sc2 in it

so basically doom doom doom

Biosys on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    that picture of flash pointing at the wall of units is great

"yeah this one is dumb, this one is dumb, this one? dumb. that one's retarded, this one is dumb"

also speaking of which i make banelings more vs thors than i do marines these days

what the fuck

• BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    that picture of flash pointing at the wall of units is great

"yeah this one is dumb, this one is dumb, this one? dumb. that one's retarded, this one is dumb"

also speaking of which i make banelings more vs thors than i do marines these days

what the fuck

no point making banelings against the unit that counters them

:rotate:

• KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Everyone should check this thread out
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=332888

it tells me something I already knew - I need to learn location hotkeys

So I'm following his suggestion and practising vs the easy AI with edge-scrolling totally disabled. Its like a totally different game. Sometimes I flub a bit and try to edge scroll, but overall i'm forced to be crisp. Its obviously slightly inefficient to have edge scrolling totally disabled, for example when attacking with your army you want to be edge scrolling while you advance, but I can re-enable it once I've weaned myself off the habit of using it when I should be using camera hotkeys.

In addition to camera hotkeys, I highly, highly recommend everyone dedicate a camera key to their rally point/forward pylon. Mine is set to space/shift-space and it helps tremendously with macro.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    Colossus: dumb unit
    void ray: dumb unit

>.<'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    It sounds like you have a problem with lasers

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    itsweb wrote: »
    jk
    Variable wrote: »

I might be talking out of my ass, because I seethe with hate even thinking about late game tvp, but the method I've had the most success with is Planetarying off the middle of the map and covering full vision with sentry towers. Then, I just camp out and win engagements in the middle, watch out for harass, and build the ideal unit composition to win each fight. I literally don't attack once the game reaches 4 bases, until he messes up and I crush one of the engagements thoroughly enough to actually counter, I mess up and he gains a sizable advantage for even one fight, or the map gets mined out.

It makes for some incredibly long, dull, and frustrating games, but also for some angry toss and actual wins past 20 minutes. It's ridiculous, and still doesn't always work, but its the method I've had the most success with. Come to think of it, though, I've only really ever used this on Shakuras.

fuck zealots
    Heh, this is my go-to ZvT plan since a week or so. I fucking can't beat'em, if they haven't just started playing the game or something and sit at 90 supply at 15 mins or so. But recently I've had some marginally better luck with keeping everything I build in-base (lol drops) and not moving out until at least three bases are fully saturated and a fourth/fifth are on their way.

Panda4You on
    really every unit that fires lasers, shells, missiles or bullets is dumb

• hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    815165 wrote: »
    really every unit that fires lasers, shells, missiles or bullets is dumb

You're forgetting something important.
    We are the blades of Aiur!

hlprmnky on
    _
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
    I couldn't remember what those dumb weapons are called.

Half-ass light sabers.
    That's what they are.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    dont forget the blades of shakuras

those are some fucking

well

vari knows

edited April 2012
    Psi blades a.k.a. wristwatch lightsabers

Edit: Dammit Mig, don't steal my bad jokes >: (

Yilias on
    also