As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    also

jesus christ

why is everyone else playing zerg today
    Pretty sure it's Google's fault.
    Even if it isn't, it's high time they got blamed for something.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Uh... Is it actually possible to hold massive speedling/bane semi-allins with hatchfirst/roaches? At sub-GSL level?

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I remember watching Kambing coach Fuego in that very strat, so I'd say yes.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I should probably stop playing at 6 AM

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • KambingKambing Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Uh... Is it actually possible to hold massive speedling/bane semi-allins with hatchfirst/roaches? At sub-GSL level?

I don't think sub-GSL level has anything to do with it. In general, holding timings requires that you are crisp with your execution which is something that any player can obtain.

That being said, what kind of speed/bane timings are you talking about? 10/10? 14/14? Speedling expand into banes? The short answers should be no, yes, and yes respectively.

(And with 10/10, it's slow ling/bane technically.)

Kambing on
    @TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
    And to expand on that further, the scariest of the lot that isn't a build loss is 14/14 speed/bane. You should focus on walling your ramp off and getting out roaches asap. However, frequently you'll find that you don't end up behind even when things look bad. For example, if he takes down your expo with an excessive amount of ling/bane, you're holding at your ramp with 3 roaches and queens, and he hasn't put down his expo yet, he's only at-best equalized the game. If he's putting down his expo behind this, then he'll be exactly 12 lings weaker in his attack which makes it less likely your expo will go down.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Kambing wrote: »

I don't think sub-GSL level has anything to do with it. In general, holding timings requires that you are crisp with your execution which is something that any player can obtain.

That being said, what kind of speed/bane timings are you talking about? 10/10? 14/14? Speedling expand into banes? The short answers should be no, yes, and yes respectively.

hows about 13/12?

Joe K wrote: »
    Kambing wrote: »

hows about 13/12?

Anything between 10/10 and 14/14 bleeds together. There's no special timings to hit here; you're simply racing out roaches/queens vs. ling/bane which is dependent on your execution vs. your opponent's execution.

• crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    So, I think I just figured out streaming. Can someone check out my channel and let me know how it's running?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So, I think I just figured out streaming. Can someone check out my channel and let me know how it's running?

Looks to be running very smoothly.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Mmm mm

Beatin a plat by him timing out

Hollow victory!

• KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    Mmm mm

Beatin a plat by him timing out

Hollow victory!

Play to win!

• SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    MC v Stephano IPL Fight Club about to go live! In other news, I'm going to study abroad in Geneva, Switzerland from August to December...so EU PAers hit me up!

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    I've tanked almost 200 ladder points this week, and I don't feel like I'm tilting or playing bad, I just lose close games. What the fuck

• mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    That was a cool build by MC. He attacked Stephano's natural with void rays+4gate, did a bit of damage, and then when Stephano pushed it back, sent the void rays to Stephano's main and warped in sentries on the high ground to trap him out. Stephano had sent his queens to the third to defend, so he had no answer for the void rays and eventually lost his natural.

mEEksa on
    edited April 2012
    I was pretty wary of MC's build in the beginning, I didn't think it'd do enough damage. Those extra voids really did a great job of hurting Stephano but I think he shouldn't have tried so hard to make the drop/warp-in + forcefield ramp thing work when the game got a bit later.

EDIT: 6min 3gate warp-in by MC...damn

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
    Oh my Stephano, you see a 3gate at your doorstep and you decide to drone...

• shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    dat lollossus control

I'm glad that Stephano is giving MC a run for his money. I didn't expect him to take the series, but he's at least showing that he is on the same level as MC who is playing some of the best PvZ in the world right now.

• WhatWhat Registered User regular
    That last game they both seemed to be playing like shit.

• narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Just wanted to pull a quote from the GLHF magazine that I feel pertains to this thread:
    "Every starcraft 2 player would learn significantly better if they considered imbalance, hacks, and cheese non-existent. If you stop focusing on things you can't control, you'll start focusing on things you can."

Narwhal#1834
    "Oh, wouldn't the world seem dull and flat with nothing whatever to grumble at?"
    ~W.S. Gilbert

In all seriousness though, this thread has far less balance complaining than most of the Starcraft communities. The BNet forums are O.O and TL isn't much better. I feel the majority of our discussions are constructive, although I will certainly admit we've had some bad threads/pages as a result of balance complaining (like the ~20 page argument on flying buildings a few months ago).

• kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    That flying building conversation was so silly.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    flying buildings UP plz fix blizz

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    personally i think zerglings shouldn't benefit from upgrades

• mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    you guys

you guys
    are
    best

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
    narwhal wrote: »
    Just wanted to pull a quote from the GLHF magazine that I feel pertains to this thread:
    "Every starcraft 2 player would learn significantly better if they considered imbalance, hacks, and cheese non-existent. If you stop focusing on things you can't control, you'll start focusing on things you can."
    I think we, on a whole, promote this type of thinking.

I'm not saying everyone is perfect all the time, of course.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    personally i think zerglings shouldn't benefit from upgrades

Nor colossus.

And zealots and stalkers shouldn't benefit from the same type of upgrades.
    One is a lazer knife, one is a flying lazer. Obviously different things.

Obviously.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    This is what I read just now:
    MMMig wrote: »
    extended series

extended series.

extended series.

Obviously.

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
    Protoss just shouldn't even have forges. They obv need 10 different buildings for upgrades.

Also, chrono? more like OP-o. Or something.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Also, SCVs should have 10 armour.

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

scvs should have all the armors.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

scvs should have all the armors.

Yeah, reduce everything else to 0 armor and give that amount to them.

Do you guys remember in beta when SCVs had like 10 more health and you basically couldn't lose by just rushing with marines and a bunch of SCVs? Those were the days.

mEEksa wrote: »
    Do you guys remember in beta when SCVs had like 10 more health and you basically couldn't lose by just rushing with marines and a bunch of SCVs? Those were the days.

Back when terran was balanced. You all just hadn't figured us out yet

mEEksa wrote: »

I remember that from last week. :D

my earliest memory is telling meeks that 3 rax stim timing was fine and allowed you to expand comfortably after playing a game on steppes of war that he watched.

I started lurking the thread early last summer. The earliest thing I remember is people complaining about BFH at MLG Anaheim.

I asked if the game was cool; ancient thread responded by hooking the HDH invitational directly into my veins.

• fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    won a game tonight against a higher ranked protoss player going ffe by denying the 2nd nexus with a hatchery, then cancelling it before it finished. Put me way ahead.

And made me feel good.

This discussion has been closed.