As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I vaguely recall a statement that Bisu is going to Z and Fantasy to P.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    itswebitsweb Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm suddenly very excited for the switch over. I think it's gonna be cool to see OGN's take on production, and how the split league will work. There will be new storylines, I'm sure some foreigner will say something stupid that causes drama, the usual. Gonna be amazing

itsweb on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I will be up, I also don't read the thread if matches have been played that I didn't watch but also don't want to be spoiled. it seems like that's the consensus.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Vari, do you ever sleep?

• Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Bisu is playing terran right now allegedly.

Flash is a born turtle protoss, but hopefully he will just become a rich rich man's GoOdy with Terran.

redraptor on
  • Options
    PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    I tell you what I wont be excited for

moletrap casting for OGN sc2

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    tbh rumours about which race the BW pros are playing are probably all true and all false

by which i mean that there is probably reports of them playing all the races - if I was beginning the game after being an expert at BW i'd want to try all 3 to see what suited best

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Everyone should play Terran, really. If they don't they're fools, fools I say.

Lest us not be fooled by the temporary late game P dominance.

edit: though if dong doesn't play zerg i will cut people

815165 on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Vari, do you ever sleep?

yeah, like morning to early afternoon. I took night classes this semester and only work weekends so it doesn't really screw me up.

over the summer I'm aiming to be a bit more normal, though... it's definitely healthier I think to sleep you know, when it's dark haha. but at this point with 2 weeks left in the semester I'm not trying to get that going yet.

I remember winter/spring/summer of 2011 I always watched vods at work. It was a nice routine. wake up, go to work, do my work, and then when I just had time to kill waiting for stuff to come in (very lax job for my uncles company, literally in his basement) I'd watch vods and after that I'd open the thread. gonna aim to do something like that although I'll just be home rather than at work. Also gonna get back to the gym like I was doing it then (routine rather than sporadic) which should help with sleeping regularly and all.
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    tbh rumours about which race the BW pros are playing are probably all true and all false

by which i mean that there is probably reports of them playing all the races - if I was beginning the game after being an expert at BW i'd want to try all 3 to see what suited best

the report about Flash was that he was playing and enjoying terran but still had the other races to learn, so I think you're pretty on the money.

I sort of hope for switch ups but it'd be kinda cool if the big big names stuck to their races. although... really it'd be equally fucking awesome if they switch. I'm just very excited in general.

Variable on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Probably wouldn't hurt to put GSL commentary in spoiler tags, but whatever.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I think its reasonable that people can just avoid the thread if they really don't want to be spoiled.

Its not that long to wait without the thread if you're going to catch the matches the next day or something, and its a bit unreasonable to expect people to tag spoilers because you aren't going to watch for 2-3 days.

• Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    Oh no.. Naniwa's playing tonight?.. And I really wanted to see it too! GSL is on at the most retarded ungodly times. 5 in the morning? MAKES MY DICK ROCK HARD.

• Options
    TheBog wrote: »
    Oh no.. Naniwa's playing tonight?.. And I really wanted to see it too! GSL is on at the most retarded ungodly times. 5 in the morning? MAKES MY DICK ROCK HARD.

it starts in literally like, 45 minutes, and naniwa is playing first.

• Options
    Yeah I know... I'm considering staying up.. But don't they usually not start the games for a good hour while they crank kpop videos and talk BS?

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Yeah I know... I'm considering staying up.. But don't they usually not start the games for a good hour while they crank kpop videos and talk BS?

that happens for like half an hour before the time gsl actually starts

so in 45 minutes the matches will actually start

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    yeah the game starts within 5 minutes of the 5:10 start time.

bo 5 so if it goes all 5 there will be 2 5 minute breaks.

I think it used to take them much longer but I may be wrong

edit - hahaha, I was just way ahead of a z so I kept throwing units at him as I was on 4, 5, 6 bases to his 3 just to keep him down so he couldn't POSSIBLY get position or a good comp

so he calls me a tryhard over and over and says he pities me. and that he pities all terrans because we try too hard. :D

Variable on
  • Options
    To be fair, Vari, terrans tryhard the most of any race by far. They have no bases. No standing army. You have several. They start floating buildings and flying their remaining 1 or 2 medivacs around trying to do marine drops. Microing their little hearts out down to the last marine... Ugh.. Jesus Christ quit the game and stop being a jackass.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Terrans have by far the most comeback potential though, so you can't really blame them.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    GSL Pre-show with Mr. Chae and Engine about to go live! Yay for not getting any work done

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    I'mma blame em all I want.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    To be fair, Vari, terrans tryhard the most of any race by far. They have no bases. No standing army. You have several. They start floating buildings and flying their remaining 1 or 2 medivacs around trying to do marine drops. Microing their little hearts out down to the last marine... Ugh.. Jesus Christ quit the game and stop being a jackass.

you have to tell me what tryhard means though

because it always seemed like the dumbest insult in a competitive online game to me. yes I tried hard to win, you didn't?

I think he meant aggressive (even overagressive but I explained above why I was playing that way)... if he meant it how you meant it it makes no sense considering the game. is tryhard "trying to win when you pretty definitely can't" then? some people just fight that way. marineking, boxer, for example, do that all the time.

Variable on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    Looking through my match history, the gold opponents are in the fair majority.

I win a game

Screen darkens for announcement

IS THIS THE PROMOTION?
    Portrait Unlocked - Immortal

GOOD ENOUGH

• Options
    hahaha these guys are very entertaining

kingslayer!

• Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    LOL Chae and Engine talking about Game of Thrones

If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    I love your stories Marty

• Options
    I guess I see a tryhard as someone who is doing unnecessary micro. A prime example I vividly recall is me sending my first ovie to a terran base and forgetting to pull him back in time. So this marine runs up to it and starts stutter stepping up to it... I'm looking at this like.. really, guy? Really need to outmicro that overlord, bro! (it would've died 100% even if he just stood under it and shot)

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Get home. Put my shopping away, sit down at my desk, turn on the GSL.

Fucking Kpop.

• Options
    I guess I see a tryhard as someone who is doing unnecessary micro. A prime example I vividly recall is me sending my first ovie to a terran base and forgetting to pull him back in time. So this marine runs up to it and starts stutter stepping up to it... I'm looking at this like.. really, guy? Really need to outmicro that overlord, bro! (it would've died 100% even if he just stood under it and shot)

better to be safe, though, wouldn't you agree? It's not like there's much else to do early on.

• Options
    Safe from what.

• Options
    you may as well do that early on, better than spamming boxes to keep apm up

• Options
    You could potentially.. not spam anything. Crazy, I know.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i'm getting super nervous for naniwa you guys!!!

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Damn my work commitments its still a 40 minute kangaroo ride home.

• Options
    I'm ten minutes away from home;)

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    ok go nani

smash this newbie

• Options
    Nani better snap this bro's neck and win the GSL.

• Options

I guess. I just don't see why that makes you feel really any way about that person.

but so be it.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    naniwa looking ready to murder some fools

edit: also also i play a lot slower if i don't spam at the start

probably just a mental thing but ehhhhhh it works

Biosys on
  • Options
    oh shit! map build! that's AMAZING