As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    WHAT

artosis talking shit about Total Annhilation?

dead to me forever

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    did Oz do "NO RUSH 20min" games for practise or something

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this 3 stalker rush artosis' build? I remember him developing it when he (among others) was desperately trying to avoid 4 gate in the days where it was all you could do.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this 3 stalker rush artosis' build? I remember him developing it when he (among others) was desperately trying to avoid 4 gate in the days where it was all you could do.

He didn't develop it, but he was super vocal about it as a counter to a four gate back when that was a big deal.

• Options
    815165 wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

He didn't develop it, but he was super vocal about it as a counter to a four gate back when that was a big deal.

ah okay, thanks.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I believe it was invented/popularized by IMYonghwa. Back during the first GSTL ever, or so.

Dhal's hero/idol/duder Cecil wrote a big guide about it on Teamliquid after deciphering the build from VoDs. His original claim to fame, in fact.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Why did I think Oz was good at PvP :?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Euphemon wrote: »
    I believe it was invented/popularized by IMYonghwa. Back during the first GSTL ever, or so.

invented by IMYongHwa, popularized by CecilSunkure and then Alejandrisha and Anihc (col.rsvp) on TL.net

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Because he is.

He's just doing weird shit tonight for some raisin.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Why did I think Oz was good at PvP :?

Yeah, same. Seems like Euph called it pretty well.

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »

invented by IMYongHwa, popularized by CecilSunkure and then Alejandrisha and Anihc (col.rsvp) on TL.net

Noooooooooo, you sniped me before I could edit it in :(

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Guys, why would any of you root for naniwa?
    Have you seen his hair?

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    narwhal wrote: »
    Have you seen his hair?

he actually cut it!

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    theSquid wrote: »
    Because he is.

He's just doing weird shit tonight for some raisin.

raisin?

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    Have you seen his hair?

No, no more hair talk in this thread.

• Options
    Well, if Parting advances (and that seems pretty much guaranteed), I don't think it's possible for him to lose to MVP. MVP's wrists are destroyed, and Parting's PvT is beyond god like, not to mention having had the benefit of seeing him play Naniwa.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Dhal's hero/idol/duder Cecil wrote a big guide about it on Teamliquid after deciphering the build from VoDs. His original claim to fame, in fact.

Apart from training the starcraft savant dhal, you mean?

• Options
    we still have Supernova vs Hero and TaeJa vs Squirtle to see tonight

• Options
    those are tomorrow

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Apart from training the starcraft savant dhal, you mean?

Psh. That's part of the legend of Dhal, not Cecil.

And yeah, this is very likely the last game of the night :(.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    wait, really? fuck

• Options
    oz proxied dt shrine behind nat minerals in ro16

• Options
    parting using the probe to scout there is so fucking smart

like i could play a billion pvp's and still wouldn't think of that

• Options
    3 games in a row of "what the fuck is oz doing?"

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Oz is apparently not confident in playing a standard game of PvP against PartinG.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Tonight's games have been pretty awful. >.>

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    makes me so happy seeing a p getting hurt by ramp forcefields

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    That forcefield at blue's ramp was huge

• Options
    Welp. Parting's into the finals. Where he has either a likely win against a T, or a P with worse PvP than Oz.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    That's a great point by Tastosis. If the DT Shrine had stayed up he could have made an Archon and broken out.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Winner's interview with MVP already up (Parting up soon, I bet):
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=334230

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    April Winrates out:
    http://imgur.com/a/TC9DB

ZvT remains pretty much the same. Numbers for PvT finally favoring P, now that Protoss are better at reaching the late game. PvZ around the same, still a super confusing matchup that no one understands. Overall, Zerg winrates are alright, except for the whole "not in GSL thing". Terran doing surprisingly poorly, except the best Koreans are still Terran, and still doing well, and still fairly even distribution in GSL. Toss doing the best again, but that's not surprise to anyone following the scene. I'm predicting that TvZ remains around the same or heading more towards Terran's favor, PvT favors Toss a little more, and ZvP equalizes a bit. Overall, P>T~Z by the end of the month.

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    jesus

Protoss players went beast mode in april

• Options
    I think it's less that Toss went beastmode and more that they have matchups favoring them at the moment. TvP is a fucking shitfest for Terran right now once it reaches the midgame, no one can argue that. It's been like that for a while, but Terran winrates were artificially high due to their multitudes of all ins, or hard to scout cheeses. Now that Toss is better at defending, they're naturally winning more. PvZ is a clusterfuck that no one really understands. There are amazing zergs and toss on both sides saying that the matchup is unwinnable for the other side. You would think that would mean balance, but clearly it isn't so. I would say that it's more even than the chart would suggest, due to Hero/MC and such beasting it up in PvZ right now, due to their all ins, weird gimmicky strats, and most importantly, their improved mid/lategame play.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    Blah, Nani v MVP has me all sad now, was Parting v Oz worth watching?

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Man, I have a social life for ONE night and I miss all this:

- Old haters coming to terms that they now have a soul (Vari, Dhaal, <3s to y'all)

- Nani getting over cheesed, regardless of hair

- A strong application for thread hater of the year

- SC1/2 doing an archon merge which could potentially turn into a beautiful yet fearsome massive entity that does unnecessary bonus, splash, ranged damage to bio. This perfect unison would be too much for our conciousness to sustain though, and the new-life's reality has been precluded to end come October... as is such with the late game.

I do wonder how things are over at TL but am scared to look...

- Concerns of SC1 bonjwas changing race, which would be pretty big / awesome (except Jaedong... he must stay true, he will)

Oh man, if Jaedong and DRG got in the same team... they could fusion into the end-all: Jae-Dong-Rae-Gu. The unspeakable name.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    oh my gosh that name

THAT NAME

make it so

• Options
    TannerMS wrote: »
    Blah, Nani v MVP has me all sad now, was Parting v Oz worth watching?

Awful. AWFUL.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    yeah tonight was very underwhelming indeed

• Options
    DrogithDrogith She who runneth the BYOC Pittsfield, NHRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.