As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forum culture

1235710

Posts

  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Really, I just came here looking for a good Digimon forum, since I had it on good faith that most of the discussions here centered around Digimon, but eventually settled for just posting about dark themes and angst instead.
    Are you saying that oDaM is like Brazil? Where horrible atrocities go to live out the rest of their days and procreate?
    Okay, if you're going to bother punctuating it, you may as well do it right:

    "ODaM." The "O" is capitalized because it's the first word of the title, regardless of the fact that, as part of a title, you could normally not capitalize it. First and last words of a proper title are always capitalized.

    I didn't know that the last word of proper titles are always capitalized, do you know why that is? I thought that the O would be capitalized I just like the "mental sound" of o-DaM more than OD-aM.

    Yes, my head is all kinds of fucked up.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?

    Raneados on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Not a Fictional Character Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?

    Dude.

    You don't really post that much here.

    Incenjucar on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Really, I just came here looking for a good Digimon forum, since I had it on good faith that most of the discussions here centered around Digimon, but eventually settled for just posting about dark themes and angst instead.
    Are you saying that oDaM is like Brazil? Where horrible atrocities go to live out the rest of their days and procreate?
    Okay, if you're going to bother punctuating it, you may as well do it right:

    "ODaM." The "O" is capitalized because it's the first word of the title, regardless of the fact that, as part of a title, you could normally not capitalize it. First and last words of a proper title are always capitalized.
    I didn't know that the last word of proper titles are always capitalized, do you know why that is? I thought that the O would be capitalized I just like the "mental sound" of o-DaM more than OD-aM.

    Yes, my head is all kinds of fucked up.
    Probably to indicate the end of the title in instances where you're using a medium which doesn't allow for italics.

    I honestly don't know, that's just a guess.

    Thanatos on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?
    That guy who had sex with Sheri.

    One of them, at any rate.

    Hacksaw on
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?

    Dude.

    You don't really post that much here.


    I find D&D to be the worst forum, honestly


    sorry dudes :(

    Raneados on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?
    That guy who had sex with Sheri.

    One of them, at any rate.
    Isn't he the one with the small penis?

    Thanatos on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    I voted for Raneados in one of the forum battles. He's easy to recognize with that avatar.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Not a Fictional Character Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?
    That guy who had sex with Sheri.

    One of them, at any rate.
    Isn't he the one with the small penis?

    Is he the anti-Choco?

    REAL BAD. SMALL PENIS?

    Incenjucar on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?
    That guy who had sex with Sheri.

    One of them, at any rate.

    the good cartoonist who gets everything else wrong, is how i fondly recall him.

    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Shurakai wrote: »
    G&T does not have a horrid amount of fanboyism. It's one of the most rational gaming communities on the net. If people dislike sony, its because they deserve it. If Nintendo has become the ultimate cult obsession, its because their games are fun. If any three of the major console makers does something horribly stupid upon the morrow, they will get flack for it.
    A lot of the 360 people more or less abandoned the PA forums and lit off for a splinter forum some time ago. And, yeah, Sony's done a lot of arrogant things that piss off gamers lately.

    I'm tempted to conclude that the split is largely responsible for G&T getting bogged down with anti-Sony hate. Loving Nintendo and hating Sony are both completely reasonable things to do, but with a lot of 360 discussion removed from G&T, we really don't have that much else to talk about.

    jothki on
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?
    That guy who had sex with Sheri.

    One of them, at any rate.

    the good cartoonist who gets everything else wrong, is how i fondly recall him.

    Cat did you know that the general consensus of SE is that you're a sandy cunt bitch?



    WHO ELSE WANTS TO KNOW SE SECRETS

    Raneados on
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Not a Fictional Character Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?
    That guy who had sex with Sheri.

    One of them, at any rate.

    the good cartoonist who gets everything else wrong, is how i fondly recall him.

    Cat did you know that the general consensus of SE is that you're a sandy cunt bitch?



    WHO ELSE WANTS TO KNOW SE SECRETS

    Are you suggesting that she spends a lot of time at a nudist beach?

    I approve.

    Incenjucar on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?
    That guy who had sex with Sheri.

    One of them, at any rate.

    the good cartoonist who gets everything else wrong, is how i fondly recall him.

    Cat did you know that the general consensus of SE is that you're a sandy cunt bitch?



    WHO ELSE WANTS TO KNOW SE SECRETS

    I am gonna use Raneados as my example of why I avoid SE++ for the most part.

    TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar Not a Fictional Character Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I like to think everyone in every forum knows who I am

    but it's simply not true


    who the fuck am I, D&D?
    That guy who had sex with Sheri.

    One of them, at any rate.

    the good cartoonist who gets everything else wrong, is how i fondly recall him.

    Cat did you know that the general consensus of SE is that you're a sandy cunt bitch?



    WHO ELSE WANTS TO KNOW SE SECRETS

    I am gonna use Raneados as my example of why I avoid SE++ for the most part.

    Unless he really does mean that The Cat growls, bites, wiggles her rear end when happy, and hangs out at the beach sans garments.

    In which case, he amuses me.

    But I suspect otherwise.

    Incenjucar on
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    oh, I actually like the cat

    she banned me once for calling her "not a real mod"

    it was great


    but yeah SE doesn't care for most things

    Raneados on
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Unless he really does mean that The Cat growls, bites, wiggles her rear end when happy, and hangs out at the beach sans garments.

    the mental image this generates greatly amuses me, particularly the wiggle bit

    ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    SE is like an enormous circlejerk most of the time, and really not that random/fun, which is why I never actually go there anymore. I generally don't post on forums enough to become "known" anyway, so what's the point? Raneados isn't so bad, actually, considering the level of narcessism common at SE last I was there.

    D+D used to be the forum I was at most, but now I mostly lurk at the SA forums for discussion/interesting stuff, because there's a) more activity, and b) the posters/posts are more varied.

    GT is pretty much all I visit now, simply because unlike most game boards it's not a giant vat of stupid, and what fanboyism exists is at the very least legible.

    Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    see, the image of all he other forums differs depending on what forums you go to


    example: if you're in SE:

    DD : argue argue argue defender defender strawman strawman nobody cares religion lol

    GT anime anime games you lovelikehatelovelikelovehatemaybelike anime screeshot of anime

    HA: girlfriend girlfriend losing weight girlfriend boyfriend

    AC: study anatomy study anatomy study anatomy ines gtfo webcomic etc

    and so ona nd so forth, I'm sure everyone who stays outside of SE regards it as a "lol cocks dicks lol faggot one big circle" kind of place. WHile this may be true it's not necessarily all we talk about, just like while I'm sure certain stereotypes of the other forums are true, there's definitely much more to the places that the casual observer doesn't seem to get into.


    I might come by D&D more, but it really seems too serious of a place for me, I'll give it a shot though. I step into H/A every once ina while but there's only so much I can talk about there without being jailed

    I started my forum life in AC so it'll always hold a soft spot, even if I am no longer arty enough to hang out there.

    GT I can never really go to, I just don't care too much about videogames and the ones I do like usually have an SE thread


    but I'm a tolerant guy and I'll give you dudes a chance. Let it be known that I will vacation in DD for a little bit. You are all fucked

    Raneados on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    You are all fucked
    Is that a promise? :winky:

    Hacksaw on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    It's hard not to enjoy SE, even if one just lurks there. I mean, just look at this. I kinda understand why people say it's hard to keep up with it, but it's not really a forum you're supposed to keep with it. As far as I can tell, you're supposed to just jump in, and do your thing.

    And for the record, Defender would get his ass handed to him over here. Many times.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I will stay just as long as nobody says anyhting like "straw man" or "slippery slope" etc

    otherwise I will go batshit and shock image each and every one of you

    Raneados on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    It's hard not to enjoy SE, even if one just lurks there. I mean, just look at this. I kinda understand why people say it's hard to keep up with it, but it's not really a forum you're supposed to keep with it. As far as I can tell, you're supposed to just jump in, and do your thing.

    And for the record, Defender would get his ass handed to him over here. Many times.
    I actually lurk quite a bit in SE++.

    It's a fun place.

    Thanatos on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    I will stay just as long as nobody says anyhting like "straw man" or "slippery slope" etc

    otherwise I will go batshit and shock image each and every one of you

    Are you talking about here? Because you'll last all of until people start talking again.

    Fencingsax on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I will stay just as long as nobody says anyhting like "straw man" or "slippery slope" etc

    otherwise I will go batshit and shock image each and every one of you

    Are you talking about here? Because you'll last all of until people start talking again.

    You're on a slippery slope to becoming a strawman Fence.

    TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Raneados wrote: »
    I will stay just as long as nobody says anyhting like "straw man" or "slippery slope" etc

    otherwise I will go batshit and shock image each and every one of you

    Are you talking about here? Because you'll last all of until people start talking again.

    You're on a slippery slope to becoming a strawman Fence.

    ad hom! ad hom!

    Fencingsax on
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    saw it coming

    man you guys say SE is predictable

    pshaw

    Raneados on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't think anyone can not like SE++ after reading the Group Hug thread.

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I see we're singing kumbaya and having group hugs.

    I'm still not planning any day trips to SE--at times I feel like D&D is too off topic for me. Hell, at times I feel like D&D is too cocks dicks lol for me.

    MrMister on
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User
    edited March 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I don't think anyone can not like SE++ after reading the Group Hug thread.


    that was pretty damn funny

    ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Holy.

    Shit.

    That video on youtube was...hilarious.

    SkyGheNe on
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User
    edited March 2007
    SkyGheNe wrote: »
    Holy.

    Shit.

    That video on youtube was...hilarious.

    that was pretty damn funny too

    ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    MrMister wrote: »
    I see we're singing kumbaya and having group hugs.

    I'm still not planning any day trips to SE--at times I feel like D&D is too off topic for me. Hell, at times I feel like D&D is too cocks dicks lol for me.

    man what

    Even compared to other "debate" forums, D&D kind of has a stick up its proverbial butt. It's pretty predictable.

    *edit* I just visited SE++ for the first time in months and it's better than I remember. Less COCKS DICKS CIRCLEJERK and more stuff that made me smile.

    Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    ALocksly wrote: »
    SkyGheNe wrote: »
    Holy.

    Shit.

    That video on youtube was...hilarious.

    that was pretty damn funny too

    For me, it was all about the hamsters.

    And the robo-lincolns.

    SkyGheNe on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Even compared to other "debate" forums, D&D kind of has a stick up its proverbial butt.

    However, compared to the people I debate with on a regular basis, forums in general are pretty retarded. It's only in virtue of it standing out on this point, and in virtue of me having time to kill online, that I enjoy D&D at all; hence, not so much love for SE.

    MrMister on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What seperates the forums for me is that they're all cliquish but in different ways. D&D's cliquishness is overt and predictable. G&T will go all "blargtrollkill" on somebody for no apparent reason. SE++ definitely has a cadre of cool kids, but fuck if I can figure out what makes them cool. D&D's pretty simple; if somebody gets ostracized, it's because they repeatedly say stupid shit, and D&D makes no bones about it. So don't repeatedly say stupid shit, and you're golden.

    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • RaneadosRaneados Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    feral, that's pretty much the basis for dudes in SE, too

    Raneados on
  • aquabataquabat Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    What seperates the forums for me is that they're all cliquish but in different ways. D&D's cliquishness is overt and predictable. G&T will go all "blargtrollkill" on somebody for no apparent reason. SE++ definitely has a cadre of cool kids, but fuck if I can figure out what makes them cool. D&D's pretty simple; if somebody gets ostracized, it's because they repeatedly say stupid shit, and D&D makes no bones about it. So don't repeatedly say stupid shit, and you're golden.

    Dude, stupid shit is all I ever say

    aquabat on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    aquabat wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    What seperates the forums for me is that they're all cliquish but in different ways. D&D's cliquishness is overt and predictable. G&T will go all "blargtrollkill" on somebody for no apparent reason. SE++ definitely has a cadre of cool kids, but fuck if I can figure out what makes them cool. D&D's pretty simple; if somebody gets ostracized, it's because they repeatedly say stupid shit, and D&D makes no bones about it. So don't repeatedly say stupid shit, and you're golden.

    Dude, stupid shit is all I ever say
    Did someone say something? All I hear is the wind.

    TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    aquabat wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    What seperates the forums for me is that they're all cliquish but in different ways. D&D's cliquishness is overt and predictable. G&T will go all "blargtrollkill" on somebody for no apparent reason. SE++ definitely has a cadre of cool kids, but fuck if I can figure out what makes them cool. D&D's pretty simple; if somebody gets ostracized, it's because they repeatedly say stupid shit, and D&D makes no bones about it. So don't repeatedly say stupid shit, and you're golden.

    Dude, stupid shit is all I ever say
    Did someone say something? All I hear is the wind.

    The ignore function is for wusses.

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
Sign In or Register to comment.