As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forum culture

1457910

Posts

  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'm pretty sure Tube, is in fact, a douche.

    He's a loveable one though

    Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2007
    Basically every time I read "--subforum-- is full of --insult--" I think the poster is a dickhead. This kind of thing
    SE++ has never been anything but a pitiful clique of chip-on-the-shoulder 'net punks
    is just retarded. SE DOES have cliques, and it DOES have it's problems, but it's stupid to call those problems representative of the whole forum. It's easy to call G&T a nest of fanboys, but I can still pop in and have a chat about Oblivion without someone totally losing their shit. It's all a balance, and the "oh ho ho I am better than so and so because I post on this forum and not that one" attitude is immature nonsense. People just see what they want to see.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    And this, boys and girls, is why CT is our admin.

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Tube, is in fact, a douche.

    He's a loveable one though


    Basically if you've ever bothered me to change your name in a frivolous way it is poor form to poke me afterwards, lest my internet rage manifest upon you.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • AximAxim Registered User
    edited March 2007
    sup tube

    Axim on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Tube, is in fact, a douche.

    He's a loveable one though


    Basically if you've ever bothered me to change your name in a frivolous way it is poor form to poke me afterwards, lest my internet rage manifest upon you.

    Oh, shit.

    Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • AximAxim Registered User
    edited March 2007
    no upstaging i win this one by default

    Axim on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Tube, is in fact, a douche.

    He's a loveable one though


    Basically if you've ever bothered me to change your name in a frivolous way it is poor form to poke me afterwards, lest my internet rage manifest upon you.

    ...


    crap.
    I'm lol'ing. That was perfect.

    Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Basically every time I read "--subforum-- is full of --insult--" I think the poster is a dickhead. This kind of thing
    SE++ has never been anything but a pitiful clique of chip-on-the-shoulder 'net punks
    is just retarded. SE DOES have cliques, and it DOES have it's problems, but it's stupid to call those problems representative of the whole forum. It's easy to call G&T a nest of fanboys, but I can still pop in and have a chat about Oblivion without someone totally losing their shit. It's all a balance, and the "oh ho ho I am better than so and so because I post on this forum and not that one" attitude is immature nonsense. People just see what they want to see.
    Just how I see it then, I guess. Like I said, there's a lot of funny stuff there. Furthermore, I can definitely understand its appeal.

    Yar on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    G&T sucks now.

    also, incidentally, there are 1 or 2 PS3 megathreads right now. They just aren't called that. Bullshit.


    Not really. A megathread is basically "all talk about console goes here", and is continually remade after reaching the page limit. That's what was removed. It's not just any thread with any vaguely larger scope.

    I remember when I made a thread about the Zelda series and people went "WTF MEGATHREAD", but it really bears no resemblance to the ACTUAL megathreads. Some tard did the same thing on the first post of a thread about Sony in G&T, it's just retarded attention seeking.

    the PS3 impressions thread has become a catchall for anything PS3. It's true. The other one I was talking about - as Jeffe pointed out - does have another point so I now at least don't have a problem with that... It also happened with the thread about finding a Wii, so it's not like it's a new thing, it just is sort of silly I think since they went so out of there way to get rid of them.

    didn't meant to sound harsh or anything, I don't think it's anyone trying to slip it through or anyone not doing there job, it just surprised me.

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    Are we still talking about forum cultures, or how things roll in D&D and our own personal experiences? If its the former, ignore, if its the latter:
    Generally there is bandwagonning, to a point. There's also cliques and people who run into a thread to try and needle someone who's arguing against their bestest e-buddy, but all in all there's certain rules that if you play within, it dosen't matter how many e-buddies or band wagons they be having, you can still walk away knowing you're right.

    Regardless there's a few double standards that drive me up the wall (joking about dead soldiers = lolz, joking about rape = pariah), but this place is probably the best place to sharpen your mental debating muscle when it comes to politics and weighty things online. There's a good mix of moderation here on both sides of the political spectrum, and that leads to some interesting discussions without someone invoking Jesus's name or calling someone an imperialistic brainwashed storm trooper.

    siliconenhanced on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    Are we still talking about forum cultures, or how things roll in D&D and our own personal experiences? If its the former, ignore, if its the latter:
    Generally there is bandwagonning, to a point. There's also cliques and people who run into a thread to try and needle someone who's arguing against their bestest e-buddy, but all in all there's certain rules that if you play within, it dosen't matter how many e-buddies or band wagons they be having, you can still walk away knowing you're right.

    Regardless there's a few double standards that drive me up the wall (joking about dead soldiers = lolz, joking about rape = pariah), but this place is probably the best place to sharpen your mental debating muscle when it comes to politics and weighty things online. There's a good mix of moderation here on both sides of the political spectrum, and that leads to some interesting discussions without someone invoking Jesus's name or calling someone an imperialistic brainwashed storm trooper.

    you really, really want to show me some links to that particular double standard.

    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    That double standard doesn't exist, because there really isn't anything I can think of that is off-limits as far as joking goes. There're plenty of "surprise rape! olol" comments floating about, as well as dead soldier jokes, Oven-Fried Jew jokes, dead baby jokes, racial jokes, gender-based jokes, Terri Schiavo is a big meat puppet jokes, and everything else. We have a pretty South Parkian outlook on humor, here.

    The one taboo we have is bonafide racism/sexism/homophobia disguised as humor, which we don't much tolerate.

    ElJeffe on
    Maddie: "I named my feet. The left one is flip and the right one is flop. Oh, and also I named my flip-flops."

    I make tweet.
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    well, that's my thought really. I'm pretty sure the only way you could get the impression silicone mentioned is by deliberately ignoring all contextual cues. Or being too retarded to pick up on them.

    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2007
    The Cat wrote: »
    well, that's my thought really. I'm pretty sure the only way you could get the impression silicone mentioned is by deliberately ignoring all contextual cues. Or being too retarded to pick up on them.
    Got hit by too many explosive concussions.

    Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I lurked for a while and have been posting for a few months, and I still really do not understand what goes on in SE++.

    bruin on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    SE++ is fun to read usually but there's no way in hell I'd ever survive in there. Things just move far too quickly for me. I think I've posted in there while drunk a couple of times but I don't really remember. I certainly wouldn't put it past me though.

    However even if you hate SE++ the Forum Battle is absolutely priceless and you owe it to yourself to keep up with that at least.

    HappylilElf on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've been enjoying the animations that have been linked here, but I miss out on a lot of it because I know absolutely none of the people competing.

    Gim on
  • siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    Thanks for proving my point, cat and el jeffe. I touched on one of your "pet" issues, and you came out the gate swinging, and jeffe came running in to play his part as back up. I could not have asked for more if I was personally orchastrating it, thank you.

    The issue I'm talking about, personally, is the one where someone posted a picture of the Count (from Sesame Street) in response to someone asking how many soldiers actually died in Iraq and going ONE DEAD SOLDIER, AH HA HA, TWO DEAD SOLDIERS... And so on.

    Admittedly, I'm sure this passes for black humour around here...But it's also tasteless in the extreme, and I highly fucking doubt, Cat, if someone had done that in a rape thread you'd be as cool with it as you are pretending to be now. Or if someone had said rape victims get what they deserve, since ffjarrfff or however you pronounce his name said pretty much the same thing about fallen soldiers, and its a sentiment I've heard echoed by others in the time I've been here (they signed up for it olols).

    But whatever, I've never noticed either of you have a problem with hypocrisy, so you can hardly color me surprised.

    siliconenhanced on
  • FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just for the record - I would have taken that Sesame Street joke as "political satire" pointing out how for society and the US administration, the tragedy of death has been reduced to nothing more than a numbers game. A balance on a tally sheet to determine whether "its all worth it".

    I'd have taken it as pro-troops, saying that every death is a tragedy, and that to reduce it to a counting game is inhuman.

    Normally, I would not read this much into it, but given the quality of some of the discussion on these boards (and I'm relatively new) - I gave the benefit of the doubt and expect more.

    My 2 Cents.

    Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    This coming from a guy who compares a soldier dying in the line of duty to rape. See here's the thing, ace. A soldier enlists, he knows he is signing up to get shot at. That doesn't mean he deserves to die, it means he knew he was going to get shot at and still signed up for it. Rape victims don't sign up for it. They didn't make a choice to put themselves in harm's way for an ideal. And even with that, "surprise-sex" jokes are very common and accepted here and I generally go do something else when people start on that shtick. I don't like those jokes, but then I don't have to for people to be allowed to make them. Get over it.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • aquabataquabat Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Thanks for proving my point, cat and el jeffe. I touched on one of your "pet" issues, and you came out the gate swinging, and jeffe came running in to play his part as back up. I could not have asked for more if I was personally orchastrating it, thank you.

    you mean you made an accusation and more than one person came to correct you? wooooh big fucking conspiracy
    The issue I'm talking about, personally, is the one where someone posted a picture of the Count (from Sesame Street) in response to someone asking how many soldiers actually died in Iraq and going ONE DEAD SOLDIER, AH HA HA, TWO DEAD SOLDIERS... And so on.

    hehe i am pretty funny

    aquabat on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Fallingman wrote: »
    Just for the record - I would have taken that Sesame Street joke as "political satire" pointing out how for society and the US administration, the tragedy of death has been reduced to nothing more than a numbers game. A balance on a tally sheet to determine whether "its all worth it".

    I'd have taken it as pro-troops, saying that every death is a tragedy, and that to reduce it to a counting game is inhuman.

    Normally, I would not read this much into it, but given the quality of some of the discussion on these boards (and I'm relatively new) - I gave the benefit of the doubt and expect more.

    My 2 Cents.
    This sums up entirely how I feel about that matter.

    electricitylikesme on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2007
    Rather than discussing, or backing up your claim, it's always much easier to say "GOD THIS IS SO TYPICAL OF YOU" and flounce off.

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    People should "flounce" more.

    The world would be better for it.

    Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aquabataquabat Registered User
    edited March 2007
    See, Im more of a flailing man, myself.

    aquabat on
  • siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    This coming from a guy who compares a soldier dying in the line of duty to rape. See here's the thing, ace. A soldier enlists, he knows he is signing up to get shot at. That doesn't mean he deserves to die, it means he knew he was going to get shot at and still signed up for it. Rape victims don't sign up for it. They didn't make a choice to put themselves in harm's way for an ideal. And even with that, "surprise-sex" jokes are very common and accepted here and I generally go do something else when people start on that shtick. I don't like those jokes, but then I don't have to for people to be allowed to make them. Get over it.

    She should have known she was going to be raped if she was wearing that tight dress.

    Do you see what I did there.

    No, "ace", when people go to war they're expected to be properly equipped and trained, not told to make due with some sandbags, sheet metal, and a two week crash course in urban operations, which has been going on for some time now. Just like my sentence up there is horribly incorrect, yours is for the same reason. No one expects to die in combat, they understand it might be a risk, but going over there with the mentality that you're not coming back isn't healthy for obvious reasons. Our commander almost got relieved for cause because he ran around telling everyone that our entire company was going to be wiped out over in Iraq.

    There's a difference between surprise sex jokes in a chat thread, but I've never seen anyone make a rape joke in a thread about rape. The Seasame Street comment wasn't some sort of deep analysis on people throwing away soldier's lives, it was folllowed by an ell oh ell and an "oh man that's so wrong but I'm going to hell for laughing". That's it. Trying to say "OH BUT IT WAS AVANT GARDE THOUGHT" is pretty much like earlier in this thread when ege02 was saying his infamous "rape dosen't hurt" comment was a joke.

    And no one is staying that you can't make this sort of joke, fucknuts. I'm saying there's a double standard with certain topics and I keep getting more idiots like you running in here proving my point.

    And cardboard tube, are you talking to me? If you are, I don't see why you're bitching because I'm pointing out that a spade is a spade.
    hehe i am pretty funny

    omg ur so edgy

    siliconenhanced on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2007
    You're not "calling a spade a spade", you're bitching mindlessly. You haven't made any real point other than "I didn't like that joke and I think that if someone had made a different joke they would have been told off". Great. Whoopee. Did you report the post? Tell a moderator how you felt? Or did you just wait until gosh knows how long after the fact and rage impotently about hypocrisy?

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    This coming from a guy who compares a soldier dying in the line of duty to rape. See here's the thing, ace. A soldier enlists, he knows he is signing up to get shot at. That doesn't mean he deserves to die, it means he knew he was going to get shot at and still signed up for it. Rape victims don't sign up for it. They didn't make a choice to put themselves in harm's way for an ideal. And even with that, "surprise-sex" jokes are very common and accepted here and I generally go do something else when people start on that shtick. I don't like those jokes, but then I don't have to for people to be allowed to make them. Get over it.

    She should have known she was going to be raped if she was wearing that tight dress.

    Do you see what I did there.

    No, "ace", when people go to war they're expected to be properly equipped and trained, not told to make due with some sandbags, sheet metal, and a two week crash course in urban operations, which has been going on for some time now. Just like my sentence up there is horribly incorrect, yours is for the same reason. No one expects to die in combat, they understand it might be a risk, but going over there with the mentality that you're not coming back isn't healthy for obvious reasons. Our commander almost got relieved for cause because he ran around telling everyone that our entire company was going to be wiped out over in Iraq.

    There's a difference between surprise sex jokes in a chat thread, but I've never seen anyone make a rape joke in a thread about rape. The Seasame Street comment wasn't some sort of deep analysis on people throwing away soldier's lives, it was folllowed by an ell oh ell and an "oh man that's so wrong but I'm going to hell for laughing". That's it. Trying to say "OH BUT IT WAS AVANT GARDE THOUGHT" is pretty much like earlier in this thread when ege02 was saying his infamous "rape dosen't hurt" comment was a joke.

    And no one is staying that you can't make this sort of joke, fucknuts. I'm saying there's a double standard with certain topics and I keep getting more idiots like you running in here proving my point.

    And cardboard tube, are you talking to me? If you are, I don't see why you're bitching because I'm pointing out that a spade is a spade.
    hehe i am pretty funny

    omg ur so edgy

    Okay, sure. Everyone's against you. Enjoy your conspiracy.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    This coming from a guy who compares a soldier dying in the line of duty to rape. See here's the thing, ace. A soldier enlists, he knows he is signing up to get shot at. That doesn't mean he deserves to die, it means he knew he was going to get shot at and still signed up for it. Rape victims don't sign up for it. They didn't make a choice to put themselves in harm's way for an ideal. And even with that, "surprise-sex" jokes are very common and accepted here and I generally go do something else when people start on that shtick. I don't like those jokes, but then I don't have to for people to be allowed to make them. Get over it.

    She should have known she was going to be raped if she was wearing that tight dress.

    Do you see what I did there.

    No, "ace", when people go to war they're expected to be properly equipped and trained, not told to make due with some sandbags, sheet metal, and a two week crash course in urban operations, which has been going on for some time now. Just like my sentence up there is horribly incorrect, yours is for the same reason. No one expects to die in combat, they understand it might be a risk, but going over there with the mentality that you're not coming back isn't healthy for obvious reasons. Our commander almost got relieved for cause because he ran around telling everyone that our entire company was going to be wiped out over in Iraq.

    There's a difference between surprise sex jokes in a chat thread, but I've never seen anyone make a rape joke in a thread about rape. The Seasame Street comment wasn't some sort of deep analysis on people throwing away soldier's lives, it was folllowed by an ell oh ell and an "oh man that's so wrong but I'm going to hell for laughing". That's it. Trying to say "OH BUT IT WAS AVANT GARDE THOUGHT" is pretty much like earlier in this thread when ege02 was saying his infamous "rape dosen't hurt" comment was a joke.

    And no one is staying that you can't make this sort of joke, fucknuts. I'm saying there's a double standard with certain topics and I keep getting more idiots like you running in here proving my point.

    And cardboard tube, are you talking to me? If you are, I don't see why you're bitching because I'm pointing out that a spade is a spade.
    hehe i am pretty funny

    omg ur so edgy

    Okay, sure. Everyone's against you. Enjoy your conspiracy.

    Way to address the points made!

    siliconenhanced on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    This coming from a guy who compares a soldier dying in the line of duty to rape. See here's the thing, ace. A soldier enlists, he knows he is signing up to get shot at. That doesn't mean he deserves to die, it means he knew he was going to get shot at and still signed up for it. Rape victims don't sign up for it. They didn't make a choice to put themselves in harm's way for an ideal. And even with that, "surprise-sex" jokes are very common and accepted here and I generally go do something else when people start on that shtick. I don't like those jokes, but then I don't have to for people to be allowed to make them. Get over it.

    She should have known she was going to be raped if she was wearing that tight dress.

    Do you see what I did there.

    No, "ace", when people go to war they're expected to be properly equipped and trained, not told to make due with some sandbags, sheet metal, and a two week crash course in urban operations, which has been going on for some time now. Just like my sentence up there is horribly incorrect, yours is for the same reason. No one expects to die in combat, they understand it might be a risk, but going over there with the mentality that you're not coming back isn't healthy for obvious reasons. Our commander almost got relieved for cause because he ran around telling everyone that our entire company was going to be wiped out over in Iraq.

    There's a difference between surprise sex jokes in a chat thread, but I've never seen anyone make a rape joke in a thread about rape. The Seasame Street comment wasn't some sort of deep analysis on people throwing away soldier's lives, it was folllowed by an ell oh ell and an "oh man that's so wrong but I'm going to hell for laughing". That's it. Trying to say "OH BUT IT WAS AVANT GARDE THOUGHT" is pretty much like earlier in this thread when ege02 was saying his infamous "rape dosen't hurt" comment was a joke.

    And no one is staying that you can't make this sort of joke, fucknuts. I'm saying there's a double standard with certain topics and I keep getting more idiots like you running in here proving my point.

    And cardboard tube, are you talking to me? If you are, I don't see why you're bitching because I'm pointing out that a spade is a spade.
    hehe i am pretty funny

    omg ur so edgy

    Okay, sure. Everyone's against you. Enjoy your conspiracy.

    Way to address the points made and make up one entirely on your own!

    It isn't my intent to waste further time addressing your points. I'm telling you to go ahead and believe the crazy, and to have fun doing so. That's my intent. I don't care at all about your delusions.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    This coming from a guy who compares a soldier dying in the line of duty to rape. See here's the thing, ace. A soldier enlists, he knows he is signing up to get shot at. That doesn't mean he deserves to die, it means he knew he was going to get shot at and still signed up for it. Rape victims don't sign up for it. They didn't make a choice to put themselves in harm's way for an ideal. And even with that, "surprise-sex" jokes are very common and accepted here and I generally go do something else when people start on that shtick. I don't like those jokes, but then I don't have to for people to be allowed to make them. Get over it.

    She should have known she was going to be raped if she was wearing that tight dress.

    Do you see what I did there.

    No, "ace", when people go to war they're expected to be properly equipped and trained, not told to make due with some sandbags, sheet metal, and a two week crash course in urban operations, which has been going on for some time now. Just like my sentence up there is horribly incorrect, yours is for the same reason. No one expects to die in combat, they understand it might be a risk, but going over there with the mentality that you're not coming back isn't healthy for obvious reasons. Our commander almost got relieved for cause because he ran around telling everyone that our entire company was going to be wiped out over in Iraq.

    There's a difference between surprise sex jokes in a chat thread, but I've never seen anyone make a rape joke in a thread about rape. The Seasame Street comment wasn't some sort of deep analysis on people throwing away soldier's lives, it was folllowed by an ell oh ell and an "oh man that's so wrong but I'm going to hell for laughing". That's it. Trying to say "OH BUT IT WAS AVANT GARDE THOUGHT" is pretty much like earlier in this thread when ege02 was saying his infamous "rape dosen't hurt" comment was a joke.

    And no one is staying that you can't make this sort of joke, fucknuts. I'm saying there's a double standard with certain topics and I keep getting more idiots like you running in here proving my point.

    And cardboard tube, are you talking to me? If you are, I don't see why you're bitching because I'm pointing out that a spade is a spade.
    hehe i am pretty funny

    omg ur so edgy

    Okay, sure. Everyone's against you. Enjoy your conspiracy.

    Way to address the points made and make up one entirely on your own!

    It isn't my intent to waste further time addressing your points. I'm telling you to go ahead and believe the crazy, and to have fun doing so. That's my intent. I don't care at all about your delusions.

    My bad. D&D is obviously perfect and there are no cliques, band wagons, or anything else that can be associated with what happens when a group of people come together.

    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

    siliconenhanced on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    This coming from a guy who compares a soldier dying in the line of duty to rape. See here's the thing, ace. A soldier enlists, he knows he is signing up to get shot at. That doesn't mean he deserves to die, it means he knew he was going to get shot at and still signed up for it. Rape victims don't sign up for it. They didn't make a choice to put themselves in harm's way for an ideal. And even with that, "surprise-sex" jokes are very common and accepted here and I generally go do something else when people start on that shtick. I don't like those jokes, but then I don't have to for people to be allowed to make them. Get over it.

    She should have known she was going to be raped if she was wearing that tight dress.

    Do you see what I did there.

    No, "ace", when people go to war they're expected to be properly equipped and trained, not told to make due with some sandbags, sheet metal, and a two week crash course in urban operations, which has been going on for some time now. Just like my sentence up there is horribly incorrect, yours is for the same reason. No one expects to die in combat, they understand it might be a risk, but going over there with the mentality that you're not coming back isn't healthy for obvious reasons. Our commander almost got relieved for cause because he ran around telling everyone that our entire company was going to be wiped out over in Iraq.

    There's a difference between surprise sex jokes in a chat thread, but I've never seen anyone make a rape joke in a thread about rape. The Seasame Street comment wasn't some sort of deep analysis on people throwing away soldier's lives, it was folllowed by an ell oh ell and an "oh man that's so wrong but I'm going to hell for laughing". That's it. Trying to say "OH BUT IT WAS AVANT GARDE THOUGHT" is pretty much like earlier in this thread when ege02 was saying his infamous "rape dosen't hurt" comment was a joke.

    And no one is staying that you can't make this sort of joke, fucknuts. I'm saying there's a double standard with certain topics and I keep getting more idiots like you running in here proving my point.

    And cardboard tube, are you talking to me? If you are, I don't see why you're bitching because I'm pointing out that a spade is a spade.
    hehe i am pretty funny

    omg ur so edgy

    Okay, sure. Everyone's against you. Enjoy your conspiracy.

    Way to address the points made and make up one entirely on your own!

    It isn't my intent to waste further time addressing your points. I'm telling you to go ahead and believe the crazy, and to have fun doing so. That's my intent. I don't care at all about your delusions.

    My bad. D&D is obviously perfect and there are no cliques, band wagons, or anything else that can be associated with what happens when a group of people come together.

    Thanks for clearing that up for me.

    I actually stated the opposite of several of those claims, this isn't even a strawman it's just evidence that you're not listening to anyone. Care to guess why I've opted not to respond to your argument?

    ViolentChemistry on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lets all stop being silly. If you don't think there are some double standards here you're kidding yourself. There are double standards everywhere. Lots of them are silly and don't really matter. Like, nerd out all you want about Battlestar Galactica, but once you take Star Wars too seriously, you get locked.

    Whatever. Shit's dumb but everyone has their little quirks. It happens, there's not much you can do about it, and it doesn't really mater in the long run.

    deadonthestreet on
  • ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2007
    Well sure there's something I can do about it. I can take the next "surprise-sex" joke personally, and then bottle it up for several months, then out of nowhere just flip out at everyone for allowing this horrible travesty to occur.

    ViolentChemistry on
  • YarYar Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I think SE++ actually has at least one triple standard.

    Yar on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2007
    yes yes se is the suxxor and all that

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I find it funny how in Se the first page or two is usually somewhat on a topic. Once you get past that every thread is exactly the same

    nexuscrawler on
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I tend to hang out mainly in G&T, although I will occasionally wander into The Writer's Block if I need advice for something I'm writing. I very rarely pop into D&D but I have been encouraged to do so, so I may well pop up here more often depending on what's going on.

    SE++ scares me, though. Really. I've had nightmares.

    Squirminator2k on
    The Game of Rassilon - a Doctor Who Roleplaying Game podcast
    PortsCenterJump LeadsThe Life Toyetic with Ben and Molly
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Threads like the GroupHug one are the reason I look at SE++. That had me and some of my co-workers in stiches for two days straight.

    Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.