As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prototype 2 (AKA: The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 3)

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah but the commercials feature like, starving oppressed refugees or whatever and sad music, but in the game they are the equivalent of whole roasted turkeys in Wolfenstein

It's not like I am not on board with eviscerating old ladies, don't get me wrong

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    yeah the commercials are closer to the tone of like prototype 1

prototype 2 is none of that

prototype 2 is 12 hours (if you rush on easy) of that moment in the live action commercial where heller is just screaming his lungs out and punches the ground so hard it ripples

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I didn't even know this was happening let alone it released this week

I liked the first game, a lot. Maybe I can pick this up soon.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    ugh i cannot wait for Excessive Force

i want to know what's in that bitch

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    A Maze of Blood mission
    The Bio-Bomb

The Bio-Bomb

Hahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And you can still consume civilians, I haven't noticed an old lady yet but I will keep a lookout.

As for Heller, the game tells you at the start about his psych profile and he in no way considers himself a hero. He also curses a lot, and I've been trying to decide whether it's appropriate for the character or if it crosses a line towards excessive from time to time.

• Options
    i think it's totally appropriate

the dude is insane

he's a homicidal maniac with rage issues

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    i think it's totally appropriate

the dude is insane

he's a homicidal maniac with rage issues

That's what I've been adjusting to as I progress through the game. The fact that they further hammer in that Gentek and Blackwatch are literally evil also helps. There were just a few moments early on where even then the writers probably could have dropped some of the curses and the dialogue would have still been impactful.

However, I'll reserve judgment until after I beat the game and can reflect on his entire arc, one thing I've noticed is that he really enjoys his powers, which fits with his homicidal tendencies.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    it's also worth noting that the thing that makes him this way is his thirst for revenge

major spoilers for endgame
    when you find out maya is alive, he's still a raging psychopath, but once he actually rescues her at the very end he's softened a lot

he's not a BAD guy

just a super fucking angry one looking to punish the people who took his life away

basically he's just a really angry guy 24/7 and viewed through that lens a super mad guy swearing a bunch ain't no thang

Buttlord on
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    So I noticed this is now up on Steam for pre-order.

And it comes with Radnet access like the console versions.

YES

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Damn pipe, that was fast.

Did you do like, everything, or just the story stuff?

• Options
    well i beat it in 13 hours without doing too much side stuff

but i started new game plus and now i'm trying to do all the shit just because

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

YES

Pre-ordering on Steam also gets you a giftable copy of Prototype 1.

• Options
    gtrmp wrote: »

YES

Yes, it does! Someone on my friend list is going to be really happy sometime soon.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    is it me vargas prime

you don't even know me so probably not

poo
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    It's me

(no it isn't)

• Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Man I can't afford this right away but I am so pumped to play it

I loved murdering dudes in Prototype 1 so much that it's one of my favorite games, despite its flaws.

Just murder everyone.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Im super glad you guys are enjoying it so much!!

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Vargas is it me? I have
    gtrmp wrote: »

YES

Yes, it does! Someone on my friend list is going to be really happy sometime soon.

LOUD GREEDY COUGH

• Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Im super glad you guys are enjoying it so much!!

this game is super awesome @kochikens

can you give any hints as to what's in that excessive force dlc pack

• Options
    Nope!

Good try at buttering me up though ;3

• Options
    the one gripe i have is the inability to determine which ability you're upgrading by eating a man

i don't give a fuck about bio bomb

i don't!

just let me upgrade my core powers please

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »
    the one gripe i have is the inability to determine which ability you're upgrading by eating a man

i don't give a fuck about bio bomb

i don't!

just let me upgrade my core powers please

And here I was thinking we could be Prototype soulmates.

• Options
    i'm not one for subterfuge

i prefer to tackle a situation head on

and claws

and tendrils

• Options
    Sometimes you just want an entire street vaprorized with the military being none the wiser as to who did it.

Also using them like a grenade.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man, this game is way way better than the first.

@DE?AD can attest to this game being super duper awesome and fun. Holy damn.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    dang this game is out already

but I just bought a bunch of blu rays

and I don't think i like @kochikens enough to return the rocketeer for this game

but that raises the question of who I WOULD return the rocketeer for

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Damn pipe, that was fast.

Did you do like, everything, or just the story stuff?

Well I rented it so I was on a 3 day timeline. I did all of the Blacknet side missions (I am entirely unable to ignore a little yellow symbol on my minimap. Gotta consume that yellow symbol). I found all of the Lairs and most of the black boxes, they get really tricky to find in Manhattan since there's so much vertical range.

My favourite thing is fully upgrading locomotion, getting the mutations for better high speed and acceleration sprint and running around Manhattan like a formula 1 car.

• Options
    What did you think of the lairs? Be honest

• Options
    Not having to charge jumps is something I've grown fond of.

• Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    What did you think of the lairs? Be honest

My favourite part of the game was stealth consuming people, so I loved when Lairs brought a bit of that into play. I just love the idea of a dozen assault rifle toting future soldiers holding off a horde of zombies from behind sandbags, and suddenly they just start disappearing one by one.

Also I absolutely hated the pustules until I got the whipfist and could pop them in one hit from long range. A few times I just got overwhelmed by brawlers.

• Options
    Hurm
    Cool

• Options
    Alpha Wolf mission
    "Yes, kill him! Kill him and then eat him!" for best new terrible-but-great line in a video game.

And my only real problem with lairs is that because of the tight quarters in the smaller rooms it is easy to come across issues while maneuvering.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    heller has some stellar lines, his liberal use of 'fuck' puts high schoolers around the nation to shame

my absolute favorite moment, right after the first helicopter mission

i flew it to the highest tower to get the achievement icarus, and hovered right over the top of building. i hopped out and landed right on the spire at the top, but then the helicopter came crashing down onto my head, blew me up and tossed me right off.
    i was so surprised, it really made me laugh at the time

another great moment was when i dropped into a field op disguised, waited for my suspicion to go down, and then did the devastator. i killed everyone instantly.

• Options
    I love getting behind a soldier on a rooftop and using him for a bio-bomb grenade to elimiante a field op below.

Any advice for the radnet grenade launcher challenge (30 kills in 30 seconds)? 10 shots and the military bases I've been to haven't been cutting it.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I love getting behind a soldier on a rooftop and using him for a bio-bomb grenade to elimiante a field op below.

Any advice for the radnet grenade launcher challenge (30 kills in 30 seconds)? 10 shots and the military bases I've been to haven't been cutting it.

A lair, mayhap? Can you take weapons into lairs?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    A group of infected is what I was thinking of but I haven't discovered any new lairs yet so I can't test that out yet. I know using the airbridge gets rid of your weapon. If all else fails I assume the Red Zone has infected on the streets to make things easier.

• Options
    A group of infected is what I was thinking of but I haven't discovered any new lairs yet so I can't test that out yet. I know using the airbridge gets rid of your weapon. If all else fails I assume the Red Zone has infected on the streets to make things easier.

yep. There are a few real hotspots too. Once you get to the red zone, I doubt you'll have much trouble.

• Options
    Do you guys have a favourite zone, visually?? Or for just dicking around in.

• Options
    I loved the Red Zone, honestly

I've only been to Manhattan 3 times, but I'd often turn a corner and say "HEY! I've been here!" and then realize it was dripping with viscera and feel kinda gross.