As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Prototype 2 (AKA: The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 3)

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Do you guys have a favourite zone, visually?? Or for just dicking around in.

mmmm

dicking around probably yellow zone just because i've spent more time there

visually it's a tie between red and yellow

yellow is cool with all the little shanty towns, and red really looks like this is a place where the military's been fighting for three years

that one building that's just fucking leaning into the one next to it, the first time i saw that i was like DAMN

it was pretty cool running through the red zone and being like fuck i remember this spot from p1 too

Buttlord on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I haven't gotten to the Red Zone yet but I like the peace and quiet of the Green Zone for traversal/surprise bio-bombs. Also those goofy Gentek announcements promoting fun runs.

• Options
    there's this one courtyard that i remember really well from prototype just for how many times you sprint through it

and like

sprinting through it in red zone freaked me the fuck out because i actually remembered it

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    It has been a very long time since I played Prototype so I am curious to see if I get nostalgia in the Red Zone.

• Options
    i couldn't find central freakin park

i loved sprinting through central park

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Red Zone, definitley. The moment I saw how fucked up it looked I knew that the shit had gotten more real then real.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    running up the underside of a fallen building instantly made the red zone the most baddest of asses

plus, fucking china town man!

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Is it wrong that I like Heller's movement style far more than Mercer's? When I was running Mercer around, I felt like he was never actually making contact with the ground, just flipping and dodging and rolling over objects (without picking them up GODDAMMIT LET ME THROW THINGS ON THE RUN CONSISTENTLY). With Heller, though, I feel like the Hulk again. Every step crunching against the ground, the steady *TROMP TROMP TROMP* he makes before he bulldozes his way through another checkpoint. Feels solid, feels powerful.

Also, the stealth bits? Way more fun. It's like a puzzle streaked with blood and gore now, and clearing out a base without anyone being the wiser? Smiles every time.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    SenorTacos wrote: »
    Vargas is it me? I have
    gtrmp wrote: »
    So I noticed this is now up on Steam for pre-order.

And it comes with Radnet access like the console versions.

YES

Pre-ordering on Steam also gets you a giftable copy of Prototype 1.

Yes, it does! Someone on my friend list is going to be really happy sometime soon.

LOUD GREEDY COUGH

Tacos, what the fuck

Why do you not own Prototype?

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    redbox'd this game

it's pretty fun

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Oh wow I didn't even realize Prototype 2 was a thing yet

I never finished Prototype 1, can anyone spoil anything I need to know storywise from that, or is the sequel pretty self-contained

• Options
    (I realize in a game like this story is completely unimportant, but not catching references is a thing that irks me)

• Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    Ledneh wrote: »

I never finished Prototype 1, can anyone spoil anything I need to know storywise from that, or is the sequel pretty self-contained

there's a 2 minute video that you can watch from the main menu that summarizes the first game

digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Vargas is it me? I have

YES

Yes, it does! Someone on my friend list is going to be really happy sometime soon.

LOUD GREEDY COUGH

Tacos, what the fuck

I didn't even know it was on PC. Is the other superhero one? the electric one?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Vargas is it me? I have

YES

LOUD GREEDY COUGH

Tacos, what the fuck

I didn't even know it was on PC. Is the other superhero one? the electric one?

infamous is the electric one

prototype is the one where you tear people limb from limb and then do parkour as an old lady

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Ledneh wrote: »

there's a 2 minute video that you can watch from the main menu that summarizes the first game
    Ah well that's lovely

Another question then, are there any real differences between the PS3/360 versions? (seems like this is never the case anymore but I still feel the need to check)

Stupid work not letting me look up stupid stuff like stupid this :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    I haven't heard of any serious difference, I'd suggest playing with whatever controller you find more comfortable. There is a lot of holding down a trigger to run/glide and pressing A/X to air dash.

• Options
    Assuming I get it then it sounds like 360 for me. The PS3 triggers are made of ass and poo

• Options
    Ok so the Red Zone is rad/I very quickly recognised that large circular building with the concrete halo, among other Prototype locations.

And it's nice of them to allow me to allocate my mutation point into Whipfist even though I don't have it yet (gonna Whipfist so many things).

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Also, the stealth bits? Way more fun. It's like a puzzle streaked with blood and gore now, and clearing out a base without anyone being the wiser? Smiles every time.

the only thing I didn't really like was when there were three dudes standing in a circle talking to eachother

the only way I could get one of them was by strongarming. Walking right into the middle of the group and knocking them around so that one of them wasn't being watched. I feel like that kind of missed the point.

I would have loved something like Solid Snakes wall knocking distraction that'd make everybody look in one direction so I could take out somebody in the back.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

the only thing I didn't really like was when there were three dudes standing in a circle talking to eachother

the only way I could get one of them was by strongarming. Walking right into the middle of the group and knocking them around so that one of them wasn't being watched. I feel like that kind of missed the point.

I would have loved something like Solid Snakes wall knocking distraction that'd make everybody look in one direction so I could take out somebody in the back.

There is a wall knock. Its called 'stealth bio-bomb'. Its like knocking on a wall, but with exploding dudes.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I...

never even thought of that

I just really really don't wanna accidentally kill those dudes with yellow boxes over their heads. Every time I did I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    I...

never even thought of that

I just really really don't wanna accidentally kill those dudes with yellow boxes over their heads. Every time I did I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

You can do it on the other side of the base and still attract a lot of attention. When backs are turned, thin the herd. You might have to do it a couple times to finally get at the guy, but hey sometimes if you wanna make a DNA omelet you gotta explode a few dudes.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    this game is fun

currently have put every evolution point into movement

no regrets

juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

• Options
    yeah jumpy was the first one i got

jumpy plus the speed upgrade plus the hit top speed four times as fast upgrade equals zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

like a human bullet train

• Options
    you're literally just supermanning your way across the city at that point

it's great

and i love that it's not an acrobatic jump at all

it's this hulk of a man hurling himself through the air

also! i have every power except hammerfist fully upgraded

hammerfist is still at 1

this bothers me a lot, but goddamn level 4 blade is rad looking

• Options
    bwoop bwoop level 5

jump height + 300%

whoooooooooooooooooooooooop

• Options
    yup movement is pretty much this game's redeeming feature

combat is fuckin' stupid and not really satisfying at all

but dang it jumping around the city like the hulk is fun as hell

• Options
    Hahaha holy shit.

Red Zone Side Mission spoilers
    "Bail out of the chopper to fuck over the New Templar scientists" is one of the best objectives I've completed in a long while.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    yup movement is pretty much this game's redeeming feature

combat is fuckin' stupid and not really satisfying at all

but dang it jumping around the city like the hulk is fun as hell

disagree i have a hoot and a HALF running around with my upgraded claws shredding everything in sight

• Options
    i'm just running through the story missions

and sure running around shredding goons is fun

but other mercer virus monsters? evolved? they're all the same boring, annoying enemies with different models.

watchin' schmucks do their shitty canned animations while attacks don't do anything is boring and shouldn't be in games nowadays

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I have to say, I really like that the collectibles in this game are hinted at on the minimap

like they're not given away outright, but the little pings in the general area are great

• Options
    oh yeah agreed the evolved are lame but it's still ridiculously great to cut through 90% of the enemies in the game with your claws/blade

one more hammerfist upgrade to go and i'll have all the powers

then i'm gonna go around and get all the upgrades and either start A) a hardmode game or b) an easy game

and be a god

• Options
    on the other hand

yesssssss just got whipfist

• Options
    i've also decided i hate how the gliding works so

refusing to use it. nothin' but jumps, hulk style

• Options
    the gliding is way nicer once you upgrade the distance of your glide and air dash

i hated it too

now it's actually viable

• Options
    i still stick to jumpin 99% of the time though

wait till you see your level 4 whipfist too, it is NASTY

• Options
    well i mean i've got movement maxed. the gliding is useful for moving around, i just don't like it much. just jumping and running up walls looks cooler

which really, is all this game is about so

• Options
    yeah true

glide doesn't fit with heller's whole "rargh i'm a tank" thing

• Options
    well hey there we go. story done

back to redbox you go