As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legend of Korra: PANIC!!!! Episode 4 Is Uploaded!!!!

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Apparently, spoiling does nothing to dampen the experience of a literary work of art. There was a survey and everything.

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I mean anyone could've seen that iroh was zuko after he mastered timebending

and sokka being the anti-avatar was really not something that surprised me

momo being the reincarnation of gyatso? obvious

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »
    Apparently, spoiling does nothing to dampen the experience of a literary work of art. There was a survey and everything.

I feel like this isn't true

but I already spoiled things so oh well

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

yes, and I expect asslords to use this to excuse their inability to use spoiler warnings and/or tags at any moment

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    "Suki! Thank god you're here! Let me tell you these things that I surely wouldn't want to tell Azula, because surely you are not Azula!"

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular

if by literary, you mean high brow, then i'm not surprised

for mass market fiction/media, plot is everything

for great literature, plot is secondary to style/thematic exploration

• Options
    I am sad
    Happy Zuko is so happy, but it's not gonna last, is it

• Options
    "Do you know why they call me 'The Dragon of The West'?"

best moment yet

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Butler, seeing you quote the original series like this as you watch it is like re-watching it myself. And if I wasn't already in the middle of watching like 5 other shows, I'd start it over again myself. :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    I am having so much fun with this!

I told myself I'd take a little break after the season 2 finale.

But now I've started season 3.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    dont stop butler

watch it all

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    oh, I won't stop

I'll be finishing it up n a few days.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    flameo, hotmen

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Katara, 2 episodes ago:

I MISS MY DAD SO MUCH

Katara, now:
    GO AWAY DAD, GO AWAY

• Options
    oh my god
    the earth king went to travel the world with his bear

why are all earth kingdom rulers so awesome

• Options
    did he just burn his glider?

holy shit

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the start of season 3 is bad boys 2 as hell

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I really like Zuko as a villain

although he was hilariously dire at times

late season 2
    like getting sick because he did something nice for the avatar

Seriously on
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I thought it was fairly obvious for the whole series Zuko would turn out to be a good guy so
    it made the end of S2 even more dramatic

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    oh my god
    here's a picture of fire lord Ozai

here's a picture of him I made out of Noodles

• Options
    WANG FIRE!

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Ah, I rather like the Headband episode.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Butler.

Zuko in the finale.

Did it shock you? Tell me how much you loved it.

• Options
    SicariiSicarii The Roose is Loose Registered User regular
    That's called Sokka style; learn it!

gotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular

actually all that survey did was give some people a difficult piece of literature and either did or did not give them a synopsis beforehand

and then they determined that people who knew the story beforehand felt more "satisfied" in their reading

so basically if someone gives you something really convoluted/dense but also lays it out for you in painstaking detail you get to feel like a smart guy

which is why christopher nolan films are so popular

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I know for a fact having things spoiled ruins things for me. I generally avoid movie trailers as well because they have a bad habit nowadays of spoiling by basically outlining the entire movie's plot. I find myself anticipating the spoiled moment when watching the movie and thus everything before then (especially if the spoiler invalidates early plot points) I pay less attention to.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    There's a scene from the Kevin Sorbo Hercules show, a bunch of men are angry at a Centaur getting the work of 6 men, Hercules asks if he's getting the pay of 6 men.

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    opty how can you argue with science

• Options
    SicariiSicarii The Roose is Loose Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    opty how can you argue with science

I don't know, the current Republican party doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

gotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    that's why they're going to lose

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    You mean continue to lose.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    p
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    So, how do you incite a group of people against something everyone of them or their children could have? Bending is more like winning some game of chance it seems. There have to be quite a few people with "recessive bending genes", and even two benders don't always have a bender offspring.

Pretty easily when your city is plagued by three gangs filled with people who can shoot fire/water/rocks with their minds

Aren't the Triads one gang with members from Earth, Fire and Water bending capabilities?

No.

A Triad is a general term for a gang. They all have the three Benders.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    p
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    So, how do you incite a group of people against something everyone of them or their children could have? Bending is more like winning some game of chance it seems. There have to be quite a few people with "recessive bending genes", and even two benders don't always have a bender offspring.

Pretty easily when your city is plagued by three gangs filled with people who can shoot fire/water/rocks with their minds

Aren't the Triads one gang with members from Earth, Fire and Water bending capabilities?

No.

A Triad is a general term for a gang. They all have the three Benders.

I don't think so

one of the gangs is the Triple Threats, I'm pretty sure they're the only gang with all three benders

the Agni Kais probably only have firebenders

i don't remember the other gang's name

• Options
    waterbottleswaterbottles Beverage KentuckyRegistered User regular
    I was checking my local listings, and it said next Saturday (5/12) won't be a new episode of Korra. Should I be worried? :(

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    It's a hiatus. We knew about it.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    it's been cancelled

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I mean anyone could've seen that iroh was zuko after he mastered timebending

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Amon removed all the bending from Nickelodeon.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I was checking my local listings, and it said next Saturday (5/12) won't be a new episode of Korra. Should I be worried? :(

It barely has more episodes than there are months in the year. I expect we'll see a lot of gaps between episodes over the course of the season.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    oh my god
    the earth king went to travel the world with his bear

why are all earth kingdom rulers so awesome

earth kingdom knows how to pick 'em

This discussion has been closed.