As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Thrones 2nd ed. - Game 1 - My kingdom for a barrel

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Stark is up.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Sorry, things are a bit crazy atm.
    Foot Fingers to Mountains of the Moon.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    StyyxStyyx Registered User regular
    Marching the Siege Tower and Knight in Lannisport to the Searoad Marches.

• Options
    ooooo!

• Options
    sartorisartori WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'll activate the March order in Oldtown:

Ferry a footman over to the Arbor, and march the knight to Highgarden - leaving a power token in Oldtown to retain control.

sartori on
  • Options
    Mr. Mojo RisinMr. Mojo Risin Registered User regular
    March in west summer sea move both ships to east summer sea

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just realized Margaery Tyrell is played by the actress who was Anne Boyelyn in The Tudors. Good to see she's breaking into new roles that aren't aspiring Queens sleeping their way to the top.

• Options
    Shipbreaker Bay- Ship to The Narrow Sea

• Options

Narrow Sea battle

Stark strength: 1 units = 1
    Baratheon strength: 1 units + 1 march = 2

Stark to decide on house card (PM'd mine to Darian. You can just directly post yours here)

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You actually Pm'd the house card to me as well. Do you want to re-select?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yes I do!

Dammit. Darian's icon is just so alluring I clicked on the first one I saw to message.

New selection sent. Go ahead.

• Options
    I'll send out The Blackfish.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    MrBody wrote:
    Turn 3 Narrow sea battle

Play Patchface house card...again

• Options
    fightc.jpg

Stark: 1 strength + 1 Blackfish = 2
    Baratheon: 2 strength + 0 Patchface = 2

Baratheon wins ties per the Fiefdom track.

fight2i.jpg

No casualties.

Patchface chooses to discard Roose Bolton.

Stark to choose retreat destination.
    Greyjoy to march.

• Options
    boardturn3justboard.jpg

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Damn this looks fun...
    If you ever plan on hosting another game MrBody, I want in! <3

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    March in Ironman's Bay:

One ship to the Sunset Sea. The two remaining ships attack the Golden Sound.

Initial combat strength: Greyjoy 2, Lannister 1.

• Options
    Retreat to the Shivering Sea.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    House card sent in.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Victarion Greyjoy vs The Hound

We're gonna need a bigger fleet
    mortalkombatvs.jpg

Greyjoy 2 strength + 3 Victarion + 2 card special = 7
    Lannister 1 strength + 2 Hound = 3

sharkwin.jpg

Lannister to choose retreat location.
    Stark to march.

MrBody on
  • Options
    Retreat to Sunset Sea

• Options
    Pretty sure greyjoy moved a ship there. Unless you can retreat to a port I think you lose the ship.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    You can only retreat to the port, since I have blocked the Sunset Sea, and you can't retreat to the area you were attacked from.

• Options
    Yeah the port is the only viable retreat path.

Stark to march.

• Options
    Well then I see where this is going. : /

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Lannister seems to really get it rough this game. Italy/Austria:Diplomacy::Lannister:GoT

Looks like they get the worst position (3 potential hostile neighbors), the worst house cards, and immediate neighbors with the player who gets the best house cards (arguably on par with Stark). Greyjoy alone is equipped to take him out, god help him if a 2nd house decides to gangpile.

Seems like his only chance is to make a truce with Grejoy (probably not :( ) or hope that a muster or clash of kings doesn't come up the first 3 turns so he can leverage special consolidation mustering with his starting King's Court track.

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MrBody wrote: »
    Lannister seems to really get it rough this game. Italy/Austria:Diplomacy::Lannister:GoT

Looks like they get the worst position (3 potential hostile neighbors), the worst house cards, and immediate neighbors with the player who gets the best house cards (arguably on par with Stark). Greyjoy alone is equipped to take him out, god help him if a 2nd house decides to gangpile.

Seems like his only chance is to make a truce with Grejoy (probably not :( ) or hope that a muster or clash of kings doesn't come up the first 3 turns so he can leverage special consolidation mustering with his starting King's Court track.

I think I could have done much better had I consolidated instead of moved to Harrenhal.

I think it was some poor play on my part coupled with some mean event cards that did me in.

I can still at least harass people until my last units are killed.

Styyx on
  • Options
    The thing with the Lannister cards is that none of them actually help you win above and beyond the standard strength numbers. They only help you with things if you win. That's pretty rough, especially for a zero card.

• Options
    Foot White Harbor to Widow's Walk

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2012
    The thing with the Lannister cards is that none of them actually help you win above and beyond the standard strength numbers. They only help you with things if you win. That's pretty rough, especially for a zero card.

Kevan does. But the rest aren't that great, I agree. Lannister's plight in this game is due to a combination of mustering when I had more castles, wildling attack, and our positions on the influence tracks. In the opening setup, Lannister at least has a chance. But I agree they're the toughtest to play. And Greyjoy has much better cards.

I think moving to Harrenhall makes some sense at least, especially when going for the 'kill Greyjoy's fleet' strategy as it looked like you were doing (there's a thread on it at BGG).

jakobagger on
  • Options

Kevan does. But the rest aren't that great, I agree. Lannister's plight in this game is due to a combination of mustering when I had more castles, wildling attack, and our positions on the influence tracks. In the opening setup, Lannister at least has a chance. But I agree they're the toughtest to play. And Greyjoy has much better cards.

I think moving to Harrenhall makes some sense at least, especially when going for the 'kill Greyjoy's fleet' strategy as it looked like you were doing (there's a thread on it at BGG).

I wanted to see how viable it was :P.

Apparently it needs some revision.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I think it makes sense, but it also ensures that the Greyjoy player will be going for you, and as we have seen is vulnerable to getting the wrong Westeros cards.

The one RL game in my group where Lannister won, they had sort of a non-aggression pact with Greyjoy. Might just have been because the Greyjoy player was too timid to attack his big sister, though (Lannister played by a blond girl allied with her brother? There were jokes. Horrible jokes). Personally though, I think it makes the most sense for Greyjoy to attack Lannister, the North is just too much trouble for too little reward.

edit: by the way, it's your turn to march @Styyx.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    Harrenhal knight is going to stay put.

• Options
    Tyrell is up.

• Options
    sartorisartori WA, USARegistered User regular
    ERROR 37!

Move two boats form Redwyne Straits to the West Summer Sea.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    derp edit

MrBody on
  • Options
    Footman in starfall will stay put

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Attack Lannisport with one of the knights from Riverrun. Initial combat strength:

Greyjoy 3 (knight, march+1) vs. Lannister 2 (garrison). House card sent, @Styyx to choose a card.

Should I win, I will copenhagenize the ship in the port.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular

Checking google says that means you are turning it into a place where bicycles will feel welcome. Oddness.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Darian wrote: »

Checking google says that means you are turning it into a place where bicycles will feel welcome. Oddness.

The other, older meaning. Copenhagenization (naval). I figured the naval context was obvious since I was talking about a ship.

jakobagger on