Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Amateur hour

ErttErtt Registered User
edited April 2012 in Artist's Corner
Hello, first time poster here and amateur artist and I mean amateur. These are ery rough unfinished ideas of mine that I wanted to post here to show people because they're the first I really want to flesh out. My biggest problem is that I lose the drive to draw most days and that stops me from practicing but the last couple of days I have been really motivated and I don't want to lose that drive. All criticisms are welcome and as you can probably see, needed. I;m trying to finish these up completely to have something better to show soon. I have to say this is a very intimidating board to post on the level or artistry on display blows anything i can do out of the water!

gULEx.jpg

cU50k.jpg

0o5Lc.jpg

Ertt on

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    I thought Amateurhour changed his username...

Do you have any observational studies or works that use a reference? These are pretty crude and it's hard to give specific advice besides "draw from life" and "practice".

If you're having trouble staying disciplined, WRITE down some goals for yourself, i.e. draw every day, take a basic drawing class, finish reading/studying three art books before the end of the year...

Welcome to the AC. Keep on drawing.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I looked at the pictures here and thought I had changed my username too...

HEY-O!

Just kidding : )

I like the concept with the robot. He reminds me of AMEE from Red Planet and I dig that.

everything Nib said is good advice. Also, the best thing to do here is to check out the tutorials thread and get some good resources, and start giving yourself daily exercises.

Welcome to the AC

Arch wrote: »

I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    Draw skeletons... not "proper" skeletons, even though drawing proper skeletons would help you a LOT. What I first ment by skeletons was guidelines to know where the spine and limbs are, and how they connect, how they move, etc. Even for the robot.
    Oh, and drawing a lot of geometrical 3d shapes too, nothing too fancy, cubes, cilinders, and others wich have names I find irreproducible in english.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    FANTOMAS wrote: »
    Draw skeletons... not "proper" skeletons, even though drawing proper skeletons would help you a LOT. What I first ment by skeletons was guidelines to know where the spine and limbs are, and how they connect, how they move, etc. Even for the robot.
    Oh, and drawing a lot of geometrical 3d shapes too, nothing too fancy, cubes, cilinders, and others wich have names I find irreproducible in english.

Rhombus.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrommbus

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I thought a rhombus was 2d.... hmmmm... trapezoidal prism? Im not going to search those words in english.

FANTOMAS on
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    Rhombus can be whatever it wants to be.
    You can't control the rhombus what do you think this is

Also, @ertt

Look into line thickness as a way to make your pictures easier to read. That last one has a lot going on in there and a thicker outer border line and thinner interior lines would make it easier to tell the woman from the robot.