As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]!

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I got word today I'm approved to adopt that cat. I'm meeting her tomorrow and I'm hoping I can pick her up next week.

pictures?!

This is the picture on the animal hospital's website:

NT04.21832050-3-x.jpg

I'll have some pics of her settling into her new digs as soon as she's comfortable here! Depending on when I can get all the paperwork and stuff done, it might be a while yet.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Awww, I missed the expensive restaurant talk. My dad took us to Chima on his company's credit card (totally allowed). I think it's pretty expensive and would probably never even be able to afford going to some place like that on my own. It was soooo goood. Especially the bread. I don't know what's up with that.

Yeast, generally.

I think it was because it was tiny, cute, circular and full of cheese.

delicious, delicious cheese.

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I am tempted to change Couscous's avatar to Eeyore.

you should see the level of bullshit Pi-r8 was spewing in that thread.

Are we talking about the space mining thread?

"If it's such a great idea I'm sure everybody would be doing it already!"

is always a great argument

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    oh sweet....Fiance is gone for the rest of the week. Im like totally a free man. I can do whatever I want!!!!

(Imma drink seltzer from the bottle and play LoL)

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I'm not out to call Zimmerman a cold-blooded (possibly racist) killer, but the pivotal point for me is that Zimmerman followed the kid even after the police told him not to. Even if Martin did attack him, there's a possibility he did it because some crazy white guy was following him.

I don't know enough to judge either way, but Zimmerman certainly escalated the situation by following him.

I think it was a totally ugly outcome that both people involved may have been able to avoid (provided that Martin was guilty of assaulting Zimmerman)

however, one is a grown man with a license to carry a firearm, and one was a 17 year old kid. One might be guilty of assault, one might be guilty of murder. In any case, shouldn't we expect the adult who called the police in the first place to be the most rational actor of the two? he put himself in a dangerous situation on purpose by following Martin

I'd think that'd be enough to dismiss his claim of self-defense, but I suppose it isn't. Florida is a stupid state.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I wonder if I could get my tubes tied.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    oh sweet....Fiance is gone for the rest of the week. Im like totally a free man. I can do whatever I want!!!!

(Imma drink seltzer from the bottle and play LoL)

naked time?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    In a strange coincidence, I had a doctor's appointment today and the girl who checked me in is the girl who is currently caring for Penny!

What are the odds?

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Against better judgement I went back into the Trayvon Martin thread

I'm not out to call Zimmerman a cold-blooded (possibly racist) killer, but the pivotal point for me is that Zimmerman followed the kid even after the police told him not to. Even if Martin did attack him, there's a possibility he did it because some crazy white guy was following him.
    You don't judge enough, Zombie.

He is totally a racist, cold-blooded killer.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    so i have extremely hyper-extendable wrists, apparently

and my arm's nerves are all kinds of fucked up

it turns out that serving in squash means extending a nerve to about maximum length and then explosively contracting and that could be part of my issue

also slamming into walls after a desperate return and stopping myself with my left hand (duh)

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

you should see the level of bullshit Pi-r8 was spewing in that thread.

Oh, I did. It was borderline trolling and if he keeps it up I'm going to say something.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    She's a pretty kitty, Nova :o

• Options
    She's a pretty kitty, Nova :o

Yeah, she looks adorable in that pic. She's supposed to be really playful, so I'm hoping she takes well to me.

• Options

The police didn't tell him not to do anything, the 911 operator said "we don't need you to do that". People need to stop confusing the two.

Honestly, how significantly different is that? They told him it wasn't necessary, but he did it anyway. He escalated the situation when the police officer told him it wasn't something he should do.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    911 isn't the police zombie.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

I'd prefer that dog from Futurama.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012

The police didn't tell him not to do anything, the 911 operator said "we don't need you to do that". People need to stop confusing the two.

Honestly, how significantly different is that? They told him it wasn't necessary, but he did it anyway. He escalated the situation when the police officer told him it wasn't something he should do.

Well, it's significant in that if you say "defied police orders" and "didn't listen to a guy on the phone" each projects a different reaction in your audience. There's enough actually fucked up stuff in the case that we don't need to embellish it.

I may also be burned out by the over 9000 level of jackassery going on in that thread by both sides of the argument. I think at one point even TNC showed up to enlighten us with his stone age wisdom. *shivers*

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    I need to talk to someone about something but no one's around.

At least Aaron will be bringing me food in a couple of hours.

• Options
    wazilla wrote: »

My mistake. The dispatcher wasn't a police officer, you're right.

I still don't see how that makes Zimmerman's decision any more rational. "This fellow looks sketchy, I must pursue him in the name of justice!"

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    I feel like by refreshing pg 5, I've entered the Danger Zone.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    So Jeph Loeb is cancelling Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Ugh. Ugh.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Eeyore is my favorite.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

I still don't see how that makes Zimmerman's decision any more rational. "This fellow looks sketchy, I must pursue him in the name of justice!"

moar like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPBkiBbO4_4

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I don't remember why I was being mopey, but the girlfriend said that she was going to pin an Eeyore tail on me, so I said in my best Eeyore voice,

"Oh, it'll probably just fall off anyway."

I guess you had to be there.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Mim wrote: »
    I feel like by refreshing pg 5, I've entered the Danger Zone.

GONNA TAKE A RIDE INTO THE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYRxf13tIg

oops wrong song

• Options
    feral what happened to flex innuendo?

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    i have an international council of older brothers who keep an eye on my levels of mopeyness.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Jeph Loeb is a terrible human being and comic book writer. His human being status is directly correlated to how shitty of a writer he is.

• Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    feral what happened to flex innuendo?

He will return when the mountain burns again.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    arg. everything is still hurting today. still, ended up being a good thing I mowed the lawn yesterday even if it ruined my back as it started raining again today and the grass was already thick enough so I could barely cut it.

think I'm gonna bust open a box of wine and start a new game of Skyrim when I get home. Or maybe continue my current dwarf fortress.

speaking of which, the next release (which shouldn't be too long, probably another week is my guess) is gonna have minecarts / tracks for hauling stuff.
    Toady wrote:
    "The Miner's head skids along the ground, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!" That happened after a minecart full of stone going ten times as fast as the dwarf collided with him and sent him flying. They'll skid on a part if they are moving fast horizontally when they hit the ground. This can end up leaving bloody skid marks intermittently as they repeatedly strike the ground. If the carts aren't going super fast and the dwarf has a space, they'll almost always dodge aside, and even if there is no space, if the cart is going slow enough, they'll just stop it. If they do get hit by a fast cart though, it'll transfer momentum according to the cart's mass and speed as well as the dwarf's, sending the dwarf along. The heaviest fast minecarts will blast through many dwarves before they are slowed significantly. The struck units move in parabolic arcs now (instead of the old fly straight then fall straight down).

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    thanatos you are definitely not angry enough about Zynga's revenue recognition

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »

?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    So Jeph Loeb is cancelling Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Ugh. Ugh.

Makes room for a new Young Avengers cartoon.

• Options

Unfortunately, rationality is not demanded by the law in all things.

I agree with you though

• Options

?
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22896646#Comment_22896646

kinda sums it up!

• Options
    what is Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If Goldman Sachs gets to take a bunch of junk bonds and get them rated AAA, then AIG gets to leverage a few million dollars into a few billion, I don't see why Zynga shouldn't be able to make up money out of whole cloth.

It's only fair.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    mmm i made a stir fry with white meat chicken, a whole bunch of greens, a little bit of low calorie teriyaki sauce, and some brown rice. also drinking a cherry coke zero

it's really tasty and healthy

maybe i should just eat this twice a day and walk 10 miles every day until i weigh 185

this sounds like a plan

if all else fails, bulimia will win the day

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    what is Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes?

What is Sex & The City?
    If you're going to pull my leg, I'll pull yours.

• Options
    i would use Lulu's ult on Sona all the time

because I like big bongos

This discussion has been closed.