As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Just bought Cass with IP, wonder if it's worth getting a refund so I can buy with RP :?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    You only get one refund, so if you're going to ask for it make sure you have 2 other things you want a refund for.

Realistically speaking, you got a champ for free; why spend money instead?

• Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    If I have 1000RP and I want Jarvan and Cassiopeia then I might want to spend 500RP on Cass when she's on sale, then buy Jarv with IP for double champ fun times.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    By the way, if anyone has any suggestions or comments about how the painhouses were run, please let me know. I have a pretty thick skin, so please fire away.

Also, Green Taric still best Taric.

• Options
    Cutfang wrote: »
    If I have 1000RP and I want Jarvan and Cassiopeia then I might want to spend 500RP on Cass when she's on sale, then buy Jarv with IP for double champ fun times.

Yeah basically. I mean no new champs are ever going to be less than 6300 IP, so if I can get a champ I want at a discounted rate (and have the RP sitting around anyway) I might as well take advantage.

• Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    oh cool! Kennen MD is on sale. it's like Riot knew i was graduating this weekend and was like, "you're a doctor now. here now you can play one in LoL too." too bad i cause cancer when i play Kennen...

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Played a Soraka game where their Kat raged soooo hard at me.

I silenced her the split second I saw her. I didn't even see her ult start. Poof, silence, Kat dead and raging.

• Options
    Smaug6 and I did a Blitzcrank/Ashe lane yesterday against Alistar/Vayne. They're Vayne kept calling us bad because we needed to use our abilities to kill her (grab/knockup --> arrow). It's like, what? O_o

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Yeah we were all on the same wavelength it owned

Your boots5 Ahri was not fun =( My team called mias as soon as you left and you were there within 5 seconds. Then I would die.

It didn't help that I have probably played a handful of games with anyone that ended up on our team and was supporting someone who had no mic but I took the games in stride. Not sure how I arbitrarily became captain and no one told me about it.

Eh we would have dominated bottom lane really really hard if you had not tower dived at level 2

You're not gonna let that go, are you? Was sorry not enough?

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I've finally bit the bullet and bought Cait. I just want an easy-mode ad carry for those times I can't use Trist.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

Your boots5 Ahri was not fun =( My team called mias as soon as you left and you were there within 5 seconds. Then I would die.

It didn't help that I have probably played a handful of games with anyone that ended up on our team and was supporting someone who had no mic but I took the games in stride. Not sure how I arbitrarily became captain and no one told me about it.

Eh we would have dominated bottom lane really really hard if you had not tower dived at level 2

You're not gonna let that go, are you? Was sorry not enough?

Don't worry, if I know Goumindong he probably fucked up just as much or more.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Even more hilarious, I played support Shen yesterday as well against an alistair/corki lane. I had graves in my lane.

It actually went well after the first few levels when I could buy some Health. Essentially early lane, we couldn't do a whole lot. My shield wasn't level enough to take much harass and vorpal blade wasn't healing for much of anything.

On the plus side, once I got some Hp and a few levels, I could eat all of corki's poke with my shield and harass with vorpal blade. If they got near our tower they would get murdered by taunt and tower noodling. Also, stand united saved my carry's bacon while we murdered corki a few times. An extra 300 hp is nothing to sneeze. Also, I think vorpal blade heals everyone that strikes the target while its up? I couldn't really tell, but the tooltip implies that.

Finally, vorpal blade just outranges allistair's pummel. So harassing can be reallllllyyy scary.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I can't stand playing AD carry. They're so slow and weak and underpowered and dependant on others. Need a Support to babysit them, need a Jungler to come and do damage so they can have the pleasure of killing someone. Please, Sona, place 14 wards so that I might farm in safety! Please, Mundo, go where I please and throw your cleavers!

Any champ with a base move speed of 300-305 should be taken out behind the building and shot.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    I can't stand playing AD carry. They're so slow and weak and underpowered and dependant on others. Need a Support to babysit them, need a Jungler to come and do damage so they can have the pleasure of killing someone. Please, Sona, place 14 wards so that I might farm in safety! Please, Mundo, go where I please and throw your cleavers!

Any champ with a base move speed of 300-305 should be taken out behind the building and shot.

but then late game happens and you start three shotting people with no cooldowns

• Options
    It's so boring getting to that lategame, though.

It's weird because I like playing the Support half of that bottom lane. Though I tend to like the more aggressive supports. Taric, Leona, etc.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh damn cass is on sale... I think I may have to use the rest of my RP on her. She's been top of my list for a long time but other purchases keep coming up last second, like runes or an intense desire to have karma out of nowhere.

• Options
    oh damn cass is on sale... I think I may have to use the rest of my RP on her. She's been top of my list for a long time but other purchases keep coming up last second, like runes or an intense desire to have karma out of nowhere.

karma owns

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

karma owns

i agree. wish you where around the last time I asked for karma tips and the #1 response was ask for a refund.

• Options
    IgelIgel Registered User regular
    Cutfang wrote: »
    Team OP's Kassadin just rolled through Fnatic with his 19 soulstealer stacks. Scary stuff.

I wish I had seen that, my early game Kassadin is very lackluster. But once he gets rolling, oh man.

• Options
    edited April 2012

karma owns

i agree. wish you where around the last time I asked for karma tips and the #1 response was ask for a refund.

ahahahah seriously?

here are my karma tips:

-she works best on a team that already has cc, and has at least two melee range champions.
    -she is a mid. do not play her as a support. oh my god do not play her as a support. you can have fun if you play her bot in a kill lane with like, pantheon, but not with ashe.
    -she should win mid lane in a vaccuum against most other opponents, similar to leblanc. Unlikely leblanc, people don't realize that she will win, so they usually play kinda dumb and you get to shit on folks
    -much like leblanc, your job early game is to win so hard that the game ends. My personal approach to this is to build a philo stone, for some sustain/gold multiplication, and then rush boots of mobility and a WotA. Karma can clear the creeps at mid in an instant, and as people in the painhouses last night will attest, it is super fucking annoying when mid shows up at top in between waves five or six times during laning.
    -seriously, leave your lane in between waves every single time. there is almost certainly somewhere on the map where you can gank/countergank/counterjungle/shield your jungler for fun/ward. If you've ever seen AP sion with boots 5, you know what i'm talking about. Do that.
    -she is bad late game. it's like she segues from being leblanc into being slightly more threatening than soraka, and it's the person you gave a ton of farm to. Try to win before this point, or at the very least, try to have shut someone out of the game, money-wise, so that you aren't the only liability on the map
    -her dress may have been impractical

-my core build is philo, boots of mobil, will of the ancients, deathcap, then build tanky stuff or more burst depending on the game (DFG is good, quicksilver is always good, zhonyas is not great imo, shurelyas is always fantastic, play it by ear)

skill wise i got E>Q>W with one point in W at level 4
    there is almost never a situation where you should burn a mantra on W
    there is almost never a situation IN LANING where you should burn a mantra on Q

in teamfights it MIGHT make sense to mantra Q, but if you are the source of your teams damage, you must wait for E to recharge and use two explode shields.

let people tower dive you, it is consistently hilarious

unintentional on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Ryze against Cass is the fucking worst thing

get carried.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    Huh, I just skimmed through a replay of spectator mode and the announcer says "Red team" instead of "Purple team", which makes no sense at all.

• Options
    TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    Huh, I just skimmed through a replay of spectator mode and the announcer says "Red team" instead of "Purple team", which makes no sense at all.

Doesn't colorblind mode make one of the teams red?

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    TheSmacker wrote: »

Colorblind mode is great. It actually makes it change colors to Red/Blue, but your team is always blue and enemy team is always red, regardless of map position.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    TheSmacker wrote: »

I don't know, can you enable colorblind mode in Spectator? AFAIK, colorblind in regular turns the teams Blue/Purple instead of Green/Red. In spectator the text announcement messages refer to the teams as Blue and Purple. I can't imagine a situation where they've ever referred to any team as Red, yet the voiced announcer says Red team.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    It always seemed like a poor decision to go with the team colours as blue and purple in the first place. Should just change it to red/blue as standard.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    So I've been playing this game for a few weeks now. Only up to level 9 because of frequent bouts of dealing with the kids or the wife having plans for the evening. I have fallen in love with Sion in solo play. Currently my item build looks like this:

Doran's Blade
    Berserker's Greaves
    Phantom Dancer
    Sell Doran's and buy Vampiric Scepter
    Infinity Edge
    Atma's Spear
    Warmog's Armor

Up until I get the Phantom Dancer I have to be pretty careful. It seems at that point he gets a lot more fun though. My last game with him I went 23-2 and had an absolutely great time lol. I understand against more competent folks he gets countered pretty hard but man oh man I love him. 1.4ish attack speed + 302 ad + some ungodly crit amount is hilarious.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    dasnoob wrote: »
    So I've been playing this game for a few weeks now. Only up to level 9 because of frequent bouts of dealing with the kids or the wife having plans for the evening. I have fallen in love with Sion in solo play. Currently my item build looks like this:

Doran's Blade
    Berserker's Greaves
    Phantom Dancer
    Infinity Edge
    Atma's Spear
    Warmog's Armor

Up until I get the Phantom Dancer I have to be pretty careful. It seems at that point he gets a lot more fun though. My last game with him I went 23-2 and had an absolutely great time lol. I understand against more competent folks he gets countered pretty hard but man oh man I love him. 1.4ish attack speed + 302 ad + some ungodly crit amount is hilarious.

AD sion isn't the most effective way to play him. AP sion tends to work better due to the massive burst of q+shield+lichbane procs. E+shield explosion with AP will clear minion waves and still gain you the health.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

MS quints and the speeditude talents make up a lot of ground there. It is especially entertaining to make Alistar run idiotically fast, but it works on other champions too.

• Options
    Eh, you can't get Move Speed from masteries unless you don't run 21 Offense, which seems pretty counterintuitive. MS Quints are alright; I'm kind of addicted to them. But I'd rather use them with 320 or 325 base MS.

• Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    I'll have to try the AP. My understanding was the AD build was a lot better late game than the AP but AP was powerful early game.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'll have to try the AP. My understanding was the AD build was a lot better late game than the AP but AP was powerful early game.

Nah, that's pretty much a correct understanding of the situation; you end up basically reversing what end of the game you have issues in by swapping between the two. AP is ridiculous early through mid-game.

• Options
    edited April 2012

that's accurate
    the concern is that the game might not last until the late game because of how weak the AD build is early
    which doesn't usually happen at low level
    so you are doing a good thing

AP works too though, might be worth a shot if you get bored

unintentional on
  • Options
    AD Sion is pretty crazy; AP Sion is freaking murderous. So Much Burst if the enemy does not burn through your shield while it's up, and at low levels most people just try to run. Which is why you get Boots 5, lol.

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

Doran's Blade
    Berserker's Greaves
    Phantom Dancer
    Infinity Edge
    Atma's Spear
    Warmog's Armor

AD sion isn't the most effective way to play him. AP sion tends to work better due to the massive burst of q+shield+lichbane procs. E+shield explosion with AP will clear minion waves and still gain you the health.

AP Sion has a great early game, but falls off once people can burst your shield down and cause you to deal no damage.

AD Sion has a great late game, but has a hard time getting there. The thing with Sion is that his AD buff is huge; so huge in fact that you really just want to stack attack speed up until your last two slots, where an iEdge is great.

Try ending with PD PD WE Greaves iEdge Atmas.

• Options

this makes me feel warm and fuzzy

• Options

this makes me feel warm and fuzzy

Yeah, we had ongoing issues with our jungle getting invaded all night on my team; that was thoroughly inconvenient of you.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Wooo first 4v5 game in Ranked

Seriously, if one of your team is still level 1 at the end of the game it probably shouldn't count as a loss

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    is there a comparison post for the old and new referral methods?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    that was a nice 4-0 nocturne night

crit some leblanc for 800. her clone popped immediately

can you hook me up with the runes/masters you're running

I'm playing him on dominion so I use armor pen runes. on sr for jungling it's as runes

This discussion has been closed.