As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Just played a Leona game with Ezreal; we got a double kill at level 1 at 2:20 on Naut and Vayne. Then they surrendered at 20:30 with myself at 1/1/13 and Ezreal at 14/1/7.

Love this game sometimes, hahaha

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I was actually watching one of those in houses.

Bruiser taric too stronk.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular
    So not to stir up the udyr debate but i really need a non carry. Is udyr effective in lane or am i wasting his potential? I've never jungled and im sure id f it right the hell up, and if the jungle is what hes good for i might as well go leona.

1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I was actually watching one of those in houses.

Bruiser taric too stronk.

You love the new stalker mode, don't you?
    Me too

• Options
    KeysierKeysier Registered User regular
    Crovaxan wrote: »
    So not to stir up the udyr debate but i really need a non carry. Is udyr effective in lane or am i wasting his potential? I've never jungled and im sure id f it right the hell up, and if the jungle is what hes good for i might as well go leona.

Udyr can kinda do anything, though I think he would be silly bot

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

He's a pretty rude solo top.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Going to play some terrible ranked, if someone wants to spectate my failures. :whistle:

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Don't get Udyr, he'll carry and you'll be sad!

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Going to play some terrible ranked, if someone wants to spectate my failures. :whistle:

i sent you a friend request so i can spectate :D

• Options
    Man, one of those games. Absolutely wreck Brand in mid as Urgot then proceed to get destroyed after laning by the rest of his team that got fed into oblivion.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular

I've found myself sending out and accepting a lot more friend requests now that spectator mode is out.

Do I know this person? Nope. Do I want to watch what they're doing and silently judge them? You bet!

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    If you need a jungler, I highly recommend trundle. I really enjoy him, great split pushing and his ult is really good for focusing down people. Ok a counter jungling, ganks are tough though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

kk, going to take 10 then another game

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Yeah me too. My summoner name is Braggadox. Add me for mutual stalktator mode.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Fucking DCs today, christ.

Ruined a perfectly good game where the enemy mystifyingly picked Annie into Ryze. Annie was one of the few champs where I was perfectly happy with Ryze. =X

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Is there any way to tell if someone is spectating your game?

Also, the Korean Meta is more aggro in that they level 1 invade often, mid and top gank often, and jungle invade often. They also seem to enjoy tower diving. In one of Team OP's OGN games, they had something like 12 kills at 12 minutes and kept up their kill/minute ratio until the game ended at 30 minutes.

But because their meta is so aggressive that if your execution isn't up to par your own aggressive plays will flop since they're so used to such plays. Fnatic played Urgot bottom against Team OP and OP's Ashe actually won lane.

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
  • Options
    MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So I wonder if AD Taric could actually become a serious thing.

Or if maybe it was a freak game that made it okay.

Anyway I want to do it again.

P.S., here was my build if anyone was interested:

- Took straight up AD-carry runes and masteries
    - Started with Philo Stone
    - Got Berserker's Greaves and Wriggle's
    - Priorized leveling Shatter first
    - Farmed the jungle alot, ganked as much as I could
    - Went for a Trinity Force next

After that I ended up getting a Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster, and Madred's Bloodrazer (Sold my Wriggle's). Ended up going 35/9/18!

Melkster on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    If you need a jungler, I highly recommend trundle. I really enjoy him, great split pushing and his ult is really good for focusing down people. Ok a counter jungling, ganks are tough though.

Trundle somewhat less boring than Udyr.

Nocturne, Riven, Maokai, Shyvana. All pro ballers.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Melkster wrote: »

Probably not. His kit doesn't really have any steroids, not to the level that like Sion does and he basically performs like Sion does as an AD. He would be much better as a Hybrid [AD because he AA's when abilities are on CD and for more Mana] and AP for all of his abilities. But Hybrid items probably aren't good enough to make him really useful.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Melkster wrote: »

P.S., here was my build if anyone was interested:

- Took straight up AD-carry runes and masteries
    - Started with Philo Stone
    - Got Berserker's Greaves and Wriggle's
    - Priorized leveling Shatter first
    - Farmed the jungle alot, ganked as much as I could
    - Went for a Trinity Force next

After that I ended up getting a Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster, and Madred's Bloodrazer (Sold my Wriggle's). Ended up going 35/9/18!

I spectated this game and it made me so happy. I need to try Jungle Carry Taric.

• Options
    His split pushing's not that great. He's a little safe, but his wave clearing is eh. He does practically no damage on his own, though.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    So, who should I spectate?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    The only fun part about Trundle is basically the pillar. You can do some cool stuff with that. Other than that his W is good, but it's not particularly fun. Q is just a generic attack resetter. R is alright I guess.

Trundle duels well too, and he can counter jungle strongly since he can escape and fight well, but I don't think he adds much to a team comp. Not really loads of damage or cc, his pillar can be good disruption, but that's about it.

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »

I want people to spectate me constantly and go "Hat you did this bad but this and this were great. So work on these things." So me.

• Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    Bottom-lane Amumu is so much fucking fun it's ridiculous.

• Options
    ChaosHat wrote: »

I want people to spectate me constantly and go "Hat you did this bad but this and this were great. So work on these things." So me.

i'm doing that for arivia right now : x

• Options
    I added you, ChaosHat.

• Options

Sure.

From your last game:
    0:45 Play Better
    1:13 Play Better
    1:45 Play Better
    2:44 Play Better
    3:37 Play Better
    5:05 Play Better
    7:14 Play Better
    8:20 Tell your teammate to stop feeding
    8:24 Play Better
    9:57 Play Better
    10:20 Play Better
    13:14 Play Better
    15:00 Tell your teammate to stop idling
    16:15 Play Better
    17:00 Play Better
    20:02 Good surrender

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone else feel like when they called up the voice actor who does the announcer and got her to do new lines, she didn't really bother to re-listen to her previous recordings? In the original VOs, she has this faux-accent thing but in the new lines it's just straight up north american.

• Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

Sure.

From your last game:
    0:45 Play Better
    1:13 Play Better
    1:45 Play Better
    2:44 Play Better
    3:37 Play Better
    5:05 Play Better
    7:14 Play Better
    8:20 Tell your teammate to stop feeding
    8:24 Play Better
    9:57 Play Better
    10:20 Play Better
    13:14 Play Better
    15:00 Tell your teammate to stop idling
    16:15 Play Better
    17:00 Play Better
    20:02 Good surrender

This also applies to how I play Starcraft.

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    This wrote: »
    Anyone else feel like when they called up the voice actor who does the announcer and got her to do new lines, she didn't really bother to re-listen to her previous recordings? In the original VOs, she has this faux-accent thing but in the new lines it's just straight up north american.

I just assumed they got someone new

• Options
    CrovaxanCrovaxan Registered User regular

The problem here is that I've only played maokai so i dont have any experience with the others. And i didnt like maokai

1850973-1.png
    Crovax.436 Steam: Crovaxan
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    I'm 1275 ELO in solo/duo

I am not this good

Halp

• Options

yeah for a game where I am wearing a straight-up shame face : (

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Bottom-lane Amumu is so much fucking fun it's ridiculous.

"Let's find some friends!"

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options

yeah for a game where I am wearing a straight-up shame face : (

shrug, it happens

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    This wrote: »

i want a fabulous announcer....

• Options

The problem here is that I've only played maokai so i dont have any experience with the others. And i didnt like maokai

Maokai's a fucking boss. W in, Q them up, GG GOOD GANK.

Oh noes, they're under tower? R the tower, W, Q, R again. GG GOOD GANK. Yes I know the R doesn't stop tower hits but it reduces champion damage.

It's time for a teamfight? Oh no! Flash in, get on top of their carry. They'll never kill you. Keep running at them and take their best character out of the fight. Your team just won the 4v4.

Time to take a tower/Baron? Stand in between your team and the enemy team. Watch the enemy team flee in terror from your tree might. Like seriously, late game Maokai zones people with his presence. Let your team do the dirty work while you stand there, cackling like a maniac, bathed in their fear.

Also, Maokai's R is so gratifying. I can just imagine him as people are trying to flee or are sticking around at low health to try to finish off someone. Maokai simply says "No," and clenches his fist. The trap is sprung. Boom.

• Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If eternally tormented magic trees could love then I would marry Maokai he is the best ever.

I carry better with him than with carries.

Whyther on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    ad taric used to be a much better thing with his old ult

This discussion has been closed.