As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    and just like that urgot's back on my permabanlist

(shen shaco urgot)

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    welp project anivia shuts down kass is 2-0 so far

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Project Anivia's fucking ult slows games down to snail pace is infinity-0 so far.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    urgggg they put the wrong shyvana skin on sale

I want to be a dracozombie

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Just had a hilarious game as Ashe. We decided to invade their red and came across Lee Sin sitting in his red bush alone, he exploded. We then sit in their bush until they come down to contest red 4v5, kill Nautilus and then Lee Sin again when he comes back. I walk back to lane 2/0/1. BF Sword at 5:30. Proceed to land every arrow I launched and secure kills. Feels good man B-)

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Project Anivia's fucking ult slows games down to snail pace is infinity-0 so far.

your computer might overload if Graves lands a smoke grenade on you

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Playing support is an all in gamble for an extremely fun and fulfilling game experience and wanting to re-enact the video footage from Event Horizon IRL.

• Options

your computer might overload if Graves lands a smoke grenade on you
    I mean in the sense that basically Anivia sits around dragging games out for fucking ages by being the perfect anti-siege.

You want to poke this tower? WELL YOU HAVE NO MINIONS TO DO IT WITH. AND I'M GOING TO WALL THE ENTIRE LANE OFF EVERY CD JUST TO FUCK WITH YOU. AND THROW OUT REGULAR STUN POKES WHILST I'M AT IT.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i just won a 4v5 as lulu mid, my first game as lulu mid

volibear kinda owns?

672nwj.jpg

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    OPERATION HIDE IN BUSH WHILE LULU BAITS ALL 5 INTO USING ULTS TO KILL HER

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I just lost the most painful game. Ashe Taric(us) vs teemo/xin. We demolish them in lane, totally dominate. And then i can't get any of the other three people to do anything regarding objectives.

Ashe gets really big because that is what happens when you feed an AD carry, but it becomes the lategame and they all build armor.

And Ashe does not build a last whisper or a banshees veil to counter their only two effective champions. She builds bloodrazor.

And we lose [because she dies to the base turret when we are seiging their nexus]

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Huh, strange, he only has one skin?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    Wriggles is just a super efficient item and you'd be silly not to get it on any ad character, including ad carry on bot. (unless you have a soraka, but thats another story).

Dragon control/baron/jungle speed, lifesteal, armor, over half the damage of a bf sword, free ward. Super stat efficient.

If you have a wriggles and the enemy has a bf you will ALWAYS WIN. I always get super aggressive if my enemy went BF quickly and I went wriggles and I will set them back roughly 20 or so CS.

This isn't really the case for AD carries. I feel like, after the recent lifesteal nerfs on wriggles its probably not worth in on an AD carry. Its true that wriggles offers a lot, but compare wriggles to three dorans blades and a vamp scepter [about the same price] and you can start to see the problems. The dorans blades offer more AD, more lifesteal, and HP instead of armor [so you get protection from both damage types]. The wriggles is a bit more efficient in a raw manner because it has a better sell price[iirc] and because you get wards from it.
    Gunna stop you here...

If wriggles is so bad for ad carries why are top players buying it on ad carries?

There is a tradeoff, but it is a strong item on an AD carry.

Also it gives your team ward advantage when you have more people contributing to wards than just your support. Top should be warding, mid warding, bot warding from support and carry, and the jungle should be warding. Map awareness wins games.

Plus with the recent nerf to dorans blade cutting off 20 hp, it just made wriggles all that better. Often wriggles isnt sold either and just held onto until late late late game.

There is a couple breakpoints to be mindful of

ad carry with wriggles wins vs ad carry with B.F. Sword
    ad carry with wriggles, BF Sword and cloak (18%) crit is about even with AD carry with IE, except AD carry with IE cant sustain himself back. Its slightly less dps in exchange for a lot more surviveability, plus map awareness.
    3) Pushing your wave tends to be less useful as a carry than a top since you can mobilize mid to push as well and since the enemy support can head you off at the pass if you're trying to push and leave the lane.
    No this is wrong. As soon as you can safely permapush bot, you should, denies cs to the enemy carry as they have to fight their tower for it. And wriggles gives you a ward to help you do just that. CS advantage is much more a big deal than trying to be super late game build only efficient with your carry.

Draygo on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Low level builds! Destroying Yi in a second over and over again really highlights the damage boost you get from IE over not having an IE.

woou.jpg

Mundo D/C for 25 minutes.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    I wonder what the city-states sorta thing they're hinting at in the Champ Spotlights in.

We've seen variations on Noxus, Demacia and Zaun in people's names now.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

He looks like a good time. Also, Piercing Arrow is ridiculously phallic, especially with that outfit. :^:

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Gunna stop you here...

If wriggles is so bad for ad carries why are top players buying it on ad carries?

I wasn't aware they were. Maybe they have gone back since the Doran's nerf, but the last tournament i watched [IPL4, the one in vegas] and the one before that it was all double dorans+vamp then finish BT/IE.

I will give it a try the next time i play one.
    ad carry with wriggles, BF Sword and cloak (18%) crit is about even with AD carry with IE, except AD carry with IE cant sustain himself back. Its slightly less dps in exchange for a lot more surviveability, plus map awareness.

Wriggles/BF/Cloak is not "slightly less damage than an AD with IE". And the AD with IE can sustain just as well since he buys a vamp scepter before he starts the IE. You might finish your combo at about the same time, but at 4200 gold[not counting boots] he has IE+Vamp and you have not finished a major item. When you finish your IE, he will have Zeal and IE and his vamp. You trade, at that point 20 damage and 30 armor for the move speed attack speed, and crit.

I.E. itself is +80 damage/25% crit and 50% stronger crits. Lets assume a level 10 ashe with no AD boosting items. Wriggles/BF/Cloak vs IE is +68 damage/18% crit.

Ashe will do about 90 damage base at level 18, which makes for 170/25/+50 to 158/18

Attack speeds are the same, so the expected damage of an attack is 233.75 vs 186.44

That is pretty significant.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    I wonder what the city-states sorta thing they're hinting at in the Champ Spotlights in.

yeah i've wondered about that too! it's gotta be something, it's too consistent to just be flavor text

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular

yeah i've wondered about that too! it's gotta be something, it's too consistent to just be flavor text

SUPREMACY!

Or whatever that thing they were getting domains for was called.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »

SUPREMACY!

hey you're probably right

• Options
    MrGrimoire wrote: »

SUPREMACY!

hey you're probably right

If I am, I'll go on the official forum and make a thread about how they should damn well hire me already since I'm overqualified for their lore team/development.

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I think soraka is my new go to ban, in solo que at least. It just seems like when she is around it covers the other carrys ass and makes ganking really hard. She is basically a really safe way to cover bot and prevent them from losing the lane with harass, mana, and heals. So at best , unless the bottom lane is terrible, you will have a draw bot lane and it will be a farm fest. Worst case senario soraka's mana and sustain pushes your bottom lane out of lane and denies them tons of CS and levels.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I have this sneaking suspicion that Supremacy is going to be a game mode that lets us alter the game's lore somehow. Maybe something along the lines of players choosing a city-state, and the team that has the highest percentage of won games controls more of a world map. I don't know, I'm not a game designer.

• Options
    Yeah I could easily see Season 3 having you declare for a specific city-state when you enter Ranked and your stats going to that.

(Ionia 4 lyfe

or at least they add a

water tribe \/\/)

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Just a note about the Tabi vs Merc Treads argument for Fiora.

You are top lane by yourself, you don't get help except from your jungler on occasion. If the lane you are u p against has a slow or stun, or god forbid their jungler has a slow or stun, you need Merc treads.

It isn't about the armor really, it's about her lack of escapes. She can chase an enemy quite well, but getting away is much more difficult if you don't happen to have enemy creeps to dash to. Merc treads has often kicked me out of cc just in time to get to my tower with just enough health to survive a gank.

Full offense is a fine build on her I'm not discounting that but I just find it personally that her damage buff from W allows you to build more hybrid defense/offense items and still hit like a truck. Doing maximum damage is all well and good but if you explode from a swift wind it doesn't help anyone.

The combined MR and CC reduction on Mercs is almost always preferred to the extra armor form Ninja Tabi unless you are going against a very heavy AD focused team. You can certainly build in top lane to just beat your opponent, but the game is ultimately a team game and the enemy will almost invariably have some bursty Magic damage that you need to survive to get to their carry if they have any skill in focuses whatsoever.

As always go with whatever works for you in your games but it's not always about the most deeps you can possibly get.

Another small note is that in order to build a bloodthirster you need to sit on 1650 gold. With Wriggles I have a Vampiric Scepter, and the razor component with that much gold. I can bring that back into the lane and stomp my opponent who only has 1600 gold and no items to show for it.

I find that to be fairly instrumental in winning your lane early, and I can do that without having to sell my items later at a loss (Doran's Blades)

Just another point of view to take into consideration.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

That thread is great, thanks for the link.

I don't even want to spoil it. Everyone should read the OP, then the pendragon posts.
    I think my favorite part is when he backs Pendragon into saying he actually isn't that good.

• Options
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Gunna stop you here...

I wasn't aware they were. Maybe they have gone back since the Doran's nerf, but the last tournament i watched [IPL4, the one in vegas] and the one before that it was all double dorans+vamp then finish BT/IE.

I will give it a try the next time i play one.

Wriggles/BF/Cloak is not "slightly less damage than an AD with IE". And the AD with IE can sustain just as well since he buys a vamp scepter before he starts the IE. You might finish your combo at about the same time, but at 4200 gold[not counting boots] he has IE+Vamp and you have not finished a major item. When you finish your IE, he will have Zeal and IE and his vamp. You trade, at that point 20 damage and 30 armor for the move speed attack speed, and crit.

I.E. itself is +80 damage/25% crit and 50% stronger crits. Lets assume a level 10 ashe with no AD boosting items. Wriggles/BF/Cloak vs IE is +68 damage/18% crit.

Ashe will do about 90 damage base at level 18, which makes for 170/25/+50 to 158/18

Attack speeds are the same, so the expected damage of an attack is 233.75 vs 186.44

That is pretty significant.

Recalculate with 30 more armor. Also you are assuming cs equivlancy and in my experience you can secure more cs if you go wriggles early. And deny the enemy carry cs. As soon as you finish your IE you are pretty much ahead perm.

Draygo on
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    Z3tQX.png

I just had a great game, that was a never give up, never surrender type moment:

These were the laning phase scores:
    Naut: 0/4/0
    Ryze: 1/3/1
    Hec: 3/3/1
    Vayne: 1/3/1
    myself: 0/3/2

they took our top inhibitor at 17 min.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    So what are peoples feelings on spell vamp quints, especially for manaless casters like vlad or kennen? They're not as gold efficient but they are a nice boost to sustain.

• Options
    Dont know really. Really hard to call. Running them makes you weaker in other areas so how much exactly are you giving up?

• Options
    TracerBulletTracerBullet Spaceman Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

You are top lane by yourself, you don't get help except from your jungler on occasion. If the lane you are u p against has a slow or stun, or god forbid their jungler has a slow or stun, you need Merc treads.

It isn't about the armor really, it's about her lack of escapes. She can chase an enemy quite well, but getting away is much more difficult if you don't happen to have enemy creeps to dash to. Merc treads has often kicked me out of cc just in time to get to my tower with just enough health to survive a gank.

Full offense is a fine build on her I'm not discounting that but I just find it personally that her damage buff from W allows you to build more hybrid defense/offense items and still hit like a truck. Doing maximum damage is all well and good but if you explode from a swift wind it doesn't help anyone.

The combined MR and CC reduction on Mercs is almost always preferred to the extra armor form Ninja Tabi unless you are going against a very heavy AD focused team. You can certainly build in top lane to just beat your opponent, but the game is ultimately a team game and the enemy will almost invariably have some bursty Magic damage that you need to survive to get to their carry if they have any skill in focuses whatsoever.

As always go with whatever works for you in your games but it's not always about the most deeps you can possibly get.

Another small note is that in order to build a bloodthirster you need to sit on 1650 gold. With Wriggles I have a Vampiric Scepter, and the razor component with that much gold. I can bring that back into the lane and stomp my opponent who only has 1600 gold and no items to show for it.

I find that to be fairly instrumental in winning your lane early, and I can do that without having to sell my items later at a loss (Doran's Blades)

I never, ever said wait to buy your BT out right. In fact, I'm 99% positive I said go and buy the BF sword.

Which I stand by., and I still stand by getting the double doran's ASAP, because, it's a cheap 160 health, 20 AD, and 6% lifesteal that you'll get faster than someone can build a wriggles

Also, Delph, I see no problem with buying things and selling them off if you want to replace them, which is the crux of my tabi argument. I'm saying if you need armor top, just grab the tabi, and then sell them off if you need different boots later.

TracerBullet on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    why didnt anyone tell me how much fun singed could be.

it doesn't even feel like i'm playing LoL

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The Supremacy talk made me think about a new map/game-mode where there were three teams instead of two.

Possibly a combination of SR and Dominion.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    Neaden wrote: »
    So what are peoples feelings on spell vamp quints, especially for manaless casters like vlad or kennen? They're not as gold efficient but they are a nice boost to sustain.

Spell vamp quints are hands down my favorite quints for a handful of heroes. Run Morde with vamp quints (and the 3% mastery for the lulz) and you can stay in lane forever with just boots. It's amazing. I don't own Vlad (waiting on a sale) but I can only assume they're even better on him.

Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I would imagine the passive would make AP quints better anyway.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012

I never, ever said wait to buy your BT out right. In fact, I'm 99% positive I said go and buy the BF sword.

Which I stand by., and I still stand by getting the double doran's ASAP, because, it's a cheap 160 health, 20 AD, and 6% lifesteal that you'll get faster than someone can build a wriggles

Also, Delph, I see no problem with buying things and selling them off if you want to replace them, which is the crux of my tabi argument. I'm saying if you need armor top, just grab the tabi, and then sell them off if you need different boots later.

BT does not cost 1650 gold. As I said above in order to buy a BT you need to sit on 1650 gold, that is the cost of a BF Sword. If you are buying 2 doran's blade you are delaying your BF sword even more. That's another 800+ gold you are setting yourself back. Meanwhile I've bought my Wriggles and am working on a hexdrinker or maybe my own BF sword.

It just doesn't make sense to me, Unless you really take advantage of those Doran's blades and get far enough ahead that you are swimming in gold and can afford to sell them off you are only putting yourself further behind. In bottom lane you can pull it off because you have support, but one on one I just eat people up who go that route.

*Edit* Selling Two Doran's Blades and One Ninja Tabi cost you 729 total gold that you don't get back. Just the Blades alone cost you 476 gold.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    double post.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.