As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2012 BYOC - Group Seating Live!

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    There will be a couple TF2 contests but not many.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • ValanderValander Registered User regular
    Any ETA on group seating stuff? Top of thread says "Late June-July" and we're kinda there... ;)

D.
  • matguymatguy Registered User regular
    Valander wrote: »
    Any ETA on group seating stuff? Top of thread says "Late June-July" and we're kinda there... ;)

This is relevant to my interests.

Yeah... not yet. We are in a new space and the layout is taking longer than normal as everybody battles for space in the room.

• MOSFETMOSFET Registered User regular
    Got my PAX 3-day pass. Are BYOC passes mailed separately or am I a dirty console peasant?

I am checking on this right now.

• ToastedTriggerToastedTrigger Registered User regular
    MOSFET wrote: »
    Got my PAX 3-day pass. Are BYOC passes mailed separately or am I a dirty console peasant?

I too got only my 3-day in the mail, and no BYOC pass. happy/sad day
    BigRed wrote: »
    I am checking on this right now.

Thank you BigRed. Saving the day once again.

BYOC Badges are being mailed separately.

• bitterfunbitterfun Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    PAX-is-coming.jpg

• BinnyBinny Whidbey Island, WARegistered User regular
    Yes! PAX is coming!

Will people with wheelchairs, etc. be able to reserve spots as well when you do group seating BigRed?

Binny wrote: »
    Yes! PAX is coming!

Will people with wheelchairs, etc. be able to reserve spots as well when you do group seating BigRed?

Yup! Thats the only exception to the 6+ size rule :)

• Dude LoveDude Love Registered User new member
    Question on the monitor size. Is it 24" viewable or 24" in total length? I just want to make sure I don't bring anything too big.

Screen size

Can anyone post tips about fitting everything into your "lot"? I have this case and this monitor and use a 11x17 mouse pad since I use a lower sensitivity.

• sizzlersamsizzlersam (Retired) [E] PC Room Network Registered User regular
    Most people end up turning their case and putting it along the back of the table, then put the monitor right up against that. The other option, most people don't use but it makes sense, is putting your case on the ground.

46Eamp0.png
  • matguymatguy Registered User regular
    Case on the ground works double-good if you're at the end of a table, but I have a feeling that your 11x17 mouse pad is going to be your space killer above anything else. Personally, I don't use a mouse pad all that often, usually the tables at the events have a pretty decent surface on them for this, basically like the hard plastic mouse pads (or cutting boards), that way you can use all the left over room without worrying about sizing things just right. Depending on the thickness of your pad, though, you might still be able to use a good chunk of it and just have your keyboard sitting partially on top of it (maybe have another similar thickness pad for the other end of the keyboard to keep it level.)

• hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    I always try to snag a seat in between two laptops, that tends to give you some extra breathing room.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Hey Big Red, do you know how swag bags will work for members of BYOC this year?

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
    edited August 2012
    alegria wrote: »

Same way as previous years, I will get them on every seat so when you guys check in they will be there waiting for you.

Same with the show program, and any other freebies we get for BYOC that are for everyone.

BigRed on
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    alegria wrote: »

Same way as previous years, I will get them on every seat so when you guys check in they will be there waiting for you.

Same with the show program, and any other freebies we get for BYOC that are for everyone.

Awesome, thank you. I wasn't sure if it would work that way this year with the change to the swag bag process, so figured it was worth asking. <3

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
    Getting so close! Hoping the BYOC badge shows up here soon.

Any update on ETA for group seating? We're not far off now, and I'd hope you guys were getting close to finalizing layout at this point. ;)

D.
    The last time we had a new space/layout, it wasn't finalized until mid august :P I will inquire about its status tomorrow during the meeting.

• PrivateNewbiePrivateNewbie Registered User regular
    Anyone with CS:GO interested in forming a team for the Saturday tournament?

BYOC badges should be coming shortly.

:D

• sizzlersamsizzlersam (Retired) [E] PC Room Network Registered User regular
    I have a friend coming that plays, I'll see if he's interested.

46Eamp0.png
    I am trying something new this year. Posting a schedule in advance! GASP. It will be light on details though... cause a lot of things I dont want people to plan for. Its far more fun when everybody is on even footing.

Also we will be doing mini tournaments of things in BYOC this time. This year will be very game heavy.

• ToastedTriggerToastedTrigger Registered User regular
    I am trying something new this year. Posting a schedule in advance! GASP. It will be light on details though... cause a lot of things I dont want people to plan for. Its far more fun when everybody is on even footing.

Also we will be doing mini tournaments of things in BYOC this time. This year will be very game heavy.

This is making me incredibly excited for BYOC this year. You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

There will still be lots of "off schedule" things. Random giveaways and whatnot.

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Will they be streaming the Concerts into BYOC?

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • PrivateNewbiePrivateNewbie Registered User regular
    sizzlersam wrote: »
    I have a friend coming that plays, I'll see if he's interested.
    Thank you kind sir.

• GrillerdudeGrillerdude Registered User new member
    Hey all! I'm wondering if anyone has a spare monitor I can borrow for PAX? I'll take the best of care when I'm in BYOC (i.e. not being [E]).

• FreAkFreAk Milton, WaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Griller, I have a spare you can borrow. 24 inch Dell widescreen ok?

FreAk on
    AMG Productive member of society again!
  • VanusVanus Registered User regular
    So when am I allowed freaking out about not having my BYOC badge yet? Next week?

• JurgmanJurgman Tech Director NYC, NJ, LARegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Vanus wrote: »
    So when am I allowed freaking out about not having my BYOC badge yet? Next week?

Im officially going to freakout if my four 3 day badges and one BYOC dont make it to me by friday the 24th. And by freakout I mean sending will call a mail.

On a lighter note, I cant bring my gamer case and will have to make do with a (twitch) notebook. You'll have to wait till PAX east 2013 to see Forban MkVII.

Jurgman on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Vanus wrote: »

I haven't heard of anyone getting them yet, so no idea on this one.

• AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    oooh, can't wait for group reg. It means that pax is just around the corner! It's all about the baby steps. ^_^

vhkbviT.png
    I am really going to push to see if I can put group seating up and get a schedule of things out this week. Meeting is tomorrow evening so we shall see.

I am really going to push to see if I can put group seating up and get a schedule of things out this week. Meeting is tomorrow evening so we shall see.
    Yay. Hopefully notice will go out on Twitter, too (already following...) so I dont' forget to come visit here to see if it's up. :P

D.
  • :)NuK:)NuK Registered User regular
    Thanks for keeping us in the loop Red.

This discussion has been closed.