As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D'aww [chat]

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    I don't really understand how to relate to kids.
    me too

this is basically me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQw6PoHQPco

I love this.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I don't really understand how to relate to kids.

I think the way we do things these days deprives people of necessary practice. If we had more extended families, stronger social networks and so forth I don't think nearly as many people would find it a confounding mystery.

rRwz9.gif
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Positive kid story:

I was walking my dog with a friend and we encountered a 5 year old and her mom.

She didn't know how to approach small dogs so I taught her! Kinda!

(It was actually a chilling look into what the human animal is all about and reaffirmed my belief that we are just meat machines barely restraining ourselves from consuming everything around us).

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Speaking of kids earlier today I was in a waiting room and there was a kid running around and rolling in the bench and shit, I would be okay with this but the kid kept leaning with his ass on my general direction and his pants were low enough that I could see half his ass.

His mom didn't do ANYTHING about this in any moment and I *almost* couldn't resist the urge to call the kid over and tell him to pull his pants up.

Once in awhile, I'll walk into a Men's Room and I'll see a Dad and his little son peeing in urinals. The little son will have his pants down around his ankles. Way to go, Dad. You neglected to teach Jr. how to use a zipper.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    i like kids. they are frustrating sometimes but still little people. i think there is probably something not-great about a person's psyche if they hold real and meaningful hatred for kids (instead of shitty parents).

This is pretty much my attitude. I have endless reams of sympathy for, for instance, people who feel pressured by parents or society to have kids, or people who don't feel entirely comfortable around kids because they don't know how to relate to them or worry they might drop the baby or whatever.

But people who actually have real antipathy for children? I want to tell them to grow the fuck up, quit being an eminently worthless human being and act like the adult they claim so loudly to be.

have you ever witnessed one of those childfree meetups? one of my exes identified that way but she was eminently normal! she just didn't want the responsibility of parenthood, and was uncomfortable with the expectation. so she took me to one of these meetups, right? and the first person i talk to is also normal! he lost his wife and now he has a girlfriend and he doesn't want to have kids, but she's trying to pressure him before he's too old.

and then after that every other person i talked to was fucking crazy. kids were 'the demon spawn of breeders', 'cattle shits', etc

it seriously sounded like a klan rally against kids

right, exactly. that's the sort of shit I mean. I've met people like that and it's just - what the fuck? How does someone get to that point in life?

rRwz9.gif
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I don't want kids. I don't want to go to a damn meeting about how you don't want kids.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Egypt. What are you doing.
    Egypt’s Islamist-dominated parliament is set to introduce a law allowing husbands to have sex with their dead wives up to six hours after death. Critics fear it highlights a trend of increasingly anti-female legislation since the Arab Spring.
    The “farewell Intercourse” bill was inspired by a Fatwa issued by a Moroccan cleric last year. Zamzami Abdul Bar said that since the two would meet in Heaven again anyway, death shouldn’t get in the way of one last post-mortem marital romp.

I was reading something about um.. Iran?

and how men there can get temporary marriages that last long enough for them to cheat on their wives

and then they dissolve the temporary marriage after they are done fucking the other lady

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    All kids are terrible, except when I was a kid, because i was the best kid

(i was the worst kid)

I was never a kid.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I hate kids and wish they'd get off my lawn.

gonna build a fucking brick wall around my house.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just do not enjoy being around children. Especially the ones that make high-pitched noises.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i do have a moral stance against making more people though

people are terrible

we need to stop doing that

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuck

Tomorrow's the Avengers premiere here.

The only hour I can go see it is at 9 pm.

Should I?

yGxvf.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I have never used a urinal

not once

really? that's weird

not once

really? that's weird

That IS weird. They're very convenient and they have nice smelling urinal cakes to hide odors.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i was the best child

because all i did was read so you basically didnt have to look after me i was np

obF2Wuw.png
    Fuuuuuck

Should I?

I hate premiers because they are always packed with loud people.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Fuuuuuck

Should I?

sometimes they like, clap or laugh at parts of the movie

it's just

ugh

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    holy shit us has to wait until may 4th for avengers

lol wut?

obF2Wuw.png
  • AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I just do not enjoy being around children. Especially the ones that make high-pitched noises.

This is my feeling. Kids tend to be alright after age 6 or so when they more or less stop spontaneously crying and screaming.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
    I want kids but a big part of that is the fantasy that they'll be basically like I was when I was kid: quiet, introverted, solitary, and polite.

My parents were always kind of flummoxed that I didn't act more kid-like. They've told me many times over the years that I preferred the company of adults and acted like an adult most of the time.

If I get a kid who actually acts like a kid I don't know what I'll do. Probably feed him lots of Xanax and Benadryl.

What do they typically show down there in Venezuela: movies in English with subtitles (the way God intended) or movies dubbed in Spanish, the Devil's language?

Fuuuuuck

Should I?

it's just

ugh

I want to watch the Lion King in peace, is that so much to ask?

emnmnme wrote: »

not once

really? that's weird

That IS weird. They're very convenient and they have nice smelling urinal cakes to hide odors.

well i mean, even if you prefer stalls... after enough ball games, restaurants, museums, concerts, etc. it's like, you'd think at least once you'd have to go and no stalls were open.

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I'm rarely in that situation (like, once or twice ever), and I just held it when that happened.

i dont trust children

theyre plotting

i know i a... was

obF2Wuw.png
    Also kids don't even really bother me much. Fucking teenagers. Ugh.

Hur hur let me throw rocks at cars and break bottles in the parking lot and put bottle rockets in someone's muffler/gas cap.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Fuuuuuck

Should I?

it's just

ugh

The best movie going experience I can recall was when I went to see spider man 3 opening night at 3am, which was weird, because I do not often see movies that have an extra screening after the typical midnight opening. The crowd was quite raucous and probably the most enjoyable part of the whole thing.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    Incenjucar wrote: »

This is my feeling. Kids tend to be alright after age 6 or so when they more or less stop spontaneously crying and screaming.

While I'm 100% against having kids myself, I'm only 90% against adopting - you can filter the obnoxious ones out.

I just want them to sit quietly and color and maybe once every 20 minutes or so hold up the paper and say, "Look what I drew!" and then I'll say, "That's nice, Lillith. Here, I'll put it on the fridge for you." Then she'll smile and spend the next half-hour quietly coloring.

I want kids but a big part of that is the fantasy that they'll be basically like I was when I was kid: quiet, introverted, solitary, and polite.

My parents were always kind of flummoxed that I didn't act more kid-like. They've told me many times over the years that I preferred the company of adults and acted like an adult most of the time.

If I get a kid who actually acts like a kid I don't know what I'll do. Probably feed him lots of Xanax and Benadryl.

feral wants his kids sedated without the ability to fight (or resist)

I haven't used a urinal since I was 7.

I don't like peeing next to people. Plus some really creepy people use bathrooms when I do. Like the kid my age who used the urinal next to me in a row of 20 that were empty.

Jacobkosh wrote: »
    i was the best child

because all i did was read so you basically didnt have to look after me i was np

haha me too

I took books in my pocket to funerals

Same here! And then extended family tried to shame me into being more social and my parents were all "No, go away, let him read."

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

not once

really? that's weird

I can't pee in front of people, so I avoid urinals.

i was the best child

haha me too

I took books in my pocket to funerals

rRwz9.gif
  • Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    What do they typically show down there in Venezuela: movies in English with subtitles (the way God intended) or movies dubbed in Spanish, the Devil's language?

Both.

Like you seriously have no idea what you'll get going in.

yGxvf.png
    bowen wrote: »
    Also kids don't even really bother me much. Fucking teenagers. Ugh.

Hur hur let me throw rocks at cars and break bottles in the parking lot and put bottle rockets in someone's muffler/gas cap.

They're showing off to their peers. A teenager alone won't cause mischief. Six teenagers together will burn your house down.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm rarely in that situation (like, once or twice ever), and I just held it when that happened.

what situation? needing to piss when you're not at home?

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    I grew up in the woods, so peeing on stuff was just how life was.

They need urinals that look like they have trees inside.

• SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    According to my mom I slept for like the first 4 months of my life.

She used to put me on her belly so that at least on a subconscious level I knew I had a mother at all.

When I got older I mostly just read books and played pc games.

This discussion has been closed.