As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

D'aww [chat]

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    thousands of programmers enjoy XKCD

QED

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Cats cannot taste sugar.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    http://vanillaforums.com/info/hiring#dev

Hah. But then there's the whole php and scaling thing. Who the fuck wants to do that, that's a sysadmin job.

Maybe I'm out of touch but... it sounds like they're really underpaying for this position. 45-65k a year for FLAWLESS CODE DELIVERED AT LIGHTNING SPEED TO RENDER HIGHLY DYNAMIC CONTENT INCREDIBLY FAST UNDER EXTREEEEME LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunno.

Psn:wazukki
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    OOP in PHP looks like poop. From a butt. It's all "Hey, we need to tack on OOP to our language!"

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    "You are passionate about delivering the minimum viable product"

That could have been phrased better.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    $45K for a programmer level 1.

$65K for a programmer level 3. (basically before you are a project manager and start making $100,000 a year)

Plus they're in Canada, so cost of living isn't retarded like it is in the US plus healthcare. That's about right, or rather, on the low-medium end. I'd be shooting for 65k+ if I were applying though.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    FUCK YES BITCHES, FUCK! YES!

FUCKING DONE WITH MATH, SCHOOLED THAT BITCH! GRADE? B! FUCK YEAH!

IT WAS DOWN TO THE MOTHERFUCKIN WIRE, BUT I PULLED IT OUT, LIKE A BAUS, AFTER WORKING ALL NITE!

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If anyone cares Binary Domain is up on steam, for some reason the Demo isnt listed but here is the direct link for it

steam://install/210310

bloodyroarxx on
    I'm not praising it as the perfect solution to every single problem, but goddamn do I like doing stuff in Ruby.

Echo wrote: »
    OOP in PHP looks like poop. From a butt. It's all "Hey, we need to tack on OOP to our language!"

Still better than obj-c.

Hey let's assimilate another language into C to make it super confusing, different, and trendy!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    I'm not praising it as the perfect solution to every single problem, but goddamn do I like doing stuff in Ruby.

c++ cgi binary erryday

Hey let's assimilate another language into C to make it super confusing, different, and trendy!

Let's have two paragraphs of arguments to functions!

So goddamn wordy.

Let's have two paragraphs of arguments to functions!

So goddamn wordy.

The best kind of wordy.

- (void)setRangeStart:(int)start end:(int)end;
    - (void)importDocumentWithName:(NSString *)name withSpecifiedPreferences:
    (Preferences *)prefs beforePage:(int)insertPage;

Psyduck.gif

I don't know if I ate out a box of dirt last night or something but when I brushed my teeth this morning it was like coffee-colored. That was crazy. My teeth feel hella clean though.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Cats cannot taste sugar.

they fuckin love salt

guess cuz blood is salty

It's like everything in Obj-C is named doStuffWithOtherStuffAndACherryOnTop.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

PHP is basically a disaster for anything that isn't simple server-side scripts, bridging the gap between database and website. And even then, it's not great at that and has a lot of inherent security issues.

edited April 2012

It's mostly the smalltalk syntax.

Nope, can't go with C-style syntax, let's make our own! Brackets for everyone!

bowen on

I think it's quirky and fun, but difficult to follow if you're not a native english speaker and difficult to build on if you're not particularly creative.

I would however like to do a small project in Obj-C just to see if I can get over how chatty it is.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Nerd, if there is a problem with your cat, just throw it in the garbage and go get a new one.

shut up, my cat rules:
    Taffeycute.jpg

sorry nerd but your cat is not "getting" fat

And I do love the whole MVC model between the code and the app UI when doing Cocoa stuff.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    desc, how's your RPG coming

@simonwolf which one

Hoping to get Painter this weekend

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    today in do Elldren's work:

does anyone know a good source for European population figures between 18th and 19th centuries?

fuck gendered marketing
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    this is the paper that will solve everything

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2177891

obF2Wuw.png
    I don't do enough coding. I need a nice little project to work on.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    today in do Elldren's work:

does anyone know a good source for European population figures between 18th and 19th centuries?
    http://www.cepr.org/meets/wkcn/1/1679/papers/Malanima-Volckart-Chapter.pdf

Now do my work. Do all copper ATPase deficiencies result in Wilson's Disease? I'm thinking no, because you can be a partial carrier and not have the disease.

@surrealitycheck

That paper is hilariously named.

Taking my biochem lab exam today. It is a dry lab and I hope I pass it. It is a very weird exam style.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

What a horrible way to die.

No love? I just made Algerbra my bitch, can a homp get an amen for good triumphing over evil?

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Nerd, if there is a problem with your cat, just throw it in the garbage and go get a new one.

shut up, my cat rules:
    Taffeycute.jpg

sorry nerd but your cat is not "getting" fat

sorry you can't handle a big beautiful kitty

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Baby.Geeks_.jpg

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Google zerg rush

hilarious

Fine, I didn't wan't to party anyways. You bunch o'jerkfaces.

• SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yup.

x2GsO.png

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Sheep wrote: »
    Yup.

x2GsO.png
    holy sheeeeeeeeeeet

poo
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    chicken biscuits oh my god yes

919UOwT.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

This discussion has been closed.