As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] Buttoneering 2012: Events Schedule Updated!

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Wait til you see what I'm wearing at the brunch!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I tried! Just ordered my buttons now... had to fork out extra for rush though :-P Woops.

Here's something cool I did:
    DSC_0347.jpg
    Believe it or not that's 150 buttons not including mine ;-)

Also does anyone know if we're putting together another buttoneer plaque to present? If so, do we know where the button collection/contribution table with be yet?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    Goblin ScrewdriverGoblin Screwdriver Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Serenity: I've got to get my hands on that Greyjoy one.

PAX Prime attendee since 2006

Pointless signature checklist [x]
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Serenity: I've got to get my hands on that Greyjoy one.

Ahaha sure. It's going to be a question you'll have to answer for it. It'll be GoT related of course ;-)

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    bionicbionic Washington StateRegistered User regular
    I'm joining the buttoneers for the first time this year! I'm also going to be an Enforcer for the first time. So many firsts! I can't wait to trade buttons with everyone. :)

• Options
    primalwulfprimalwulf Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I have my button design. Is asking someone to 'howl' to earn the button in-line with buttoneering?

• Options
    IrishAssassinO1IrishAssassinO1 Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    primalwulf wrote: »
    Pretty sure I have my button design. Is asking someone to 'howl' to earn the button in-line with buttoneering?

I believe the original post covers your question.

• Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular

A few years ago I had to yell "Yo soy el pollo loco!" as loud as I could to get a button. I did so with gusto.

It's usually best to reserve the requirements for bonus buttons though.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    Just got my buttons in the mail. I'm all set now. Bring on your buttons!

i.imgur.com/m9zbz.jpg

camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    Q. How do I get a button? What are these "bonus buttons"?
    The buttons fall in to two categories, the "avatar" or "main" buttons, and the "bonus" variety. While there are no set rules for trading them, these general guidelines are encouraged:
    - Avatar buttons should be traded for other Avatar buttons, with no challenges or criteria expected to be fulfilled other than you are both Buttoneers.
    - Bonus buttons may (or may not!) have special criteria for receiving them, and may go to people outside the button game who fulfill the criteria. This could be a challenge ("What is the flightspeed of an unladen swallow?"), a requirement ("You must be a member of the CEOs of America Club"), or one may just ask for one (remember to say "Please").

Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    Serenity wrote: »
    Also does anyone know if we're putting together another buttoneer plaque to present? If so, do we know where the button collection/contribution table with be yet?

Yes. Again, same as the last several years - there will be a button collecting bucket at the BYOC checkin table, which this year is on the third floor of the Annex. I will collect this bucket around midnight-1am on Saturday night and prep the button board for jonxp to give to Gabe and Tycho on Sunday morning. If you want your button on the board, IT MUST BE IN THAT BUCKET BY MIDNIGHT SATURDAY NIGHT. The ONLY person who is allowed to hand their button directly to me is BigRed, because his button is too big to fit in the bucket. And because I like him.

jonxp, can we get this info put in the first post FAQ? :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    I know we always do a meet up to exchange buttons Sunday after the Omegathon is over ... and we talked about having a second meet up on Saturday morning before the convention starts , is this still happening ? I know it was thought that some of the enforcers would be able to get in on the action if we did the Saturday exchange, and it would benefit anyone that has to leave early on Sunday to make connections home.

• Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I know we always do a meet up to exchange buttons Sunday after the Omegathon is over ... and we talked about having a second meet up on Saturday morning before the convention starts , is this still happening ? I know it was thought that some of the enforcers would be able to get in on the action if we did the Saturday exchange, and it would benefit anyone that has to leave early on Sunday to make connections home.

I think we agreed that there were going to be two this year. The time and place has not been decided yet as the schedule was not out at that point.

On that note...have we decided where and when now that we know the schedule?

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    Fenrisfang wrote: »

I think we agreed that there were going to be two this year. The time and place has not been decided yet as the schedule was not out at that point.

On that note...have we decided where and when now that we know the schedule?

Sunday: Same Button Time, Same Button Place (After Omegathon, In front of Convention Center

Suggestion for Saturday:
    9-10am, 3rd Floor "Smoking Area". If this is also where the line is again, it could potentially serve two purposes for people who want to snag a spot.

PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

• Options
    skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    Yay, got mine and they've turned out surprisingly well!
    pTU14l.jpg

• Options
    I was hoping for a full map by now, but I haven't noticed one. Tomorrow I'll sit down and write up a full list o' activities for what we're doing.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    jonxp wrote: »
    I was hoping for a full map by now, but I haven't noticed one. Tomorrow I'll sit down and write up a full list o' activities for what we're doing.

The full map is in the mobile app, plus dya posted his map in the FAQ thread.

• Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    If we do a meet up Saturday it might not be a bad idea to have the box for collecting buttons for the cork board that's given to Mike and Jerry there (or at least a second box for that purpose).

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Here's my button design. My [E] and Omeganaut handle is Luneowl (as it is everywhere else on the net but here):
    15_INCH_ROUNDFinal.png

They should be here tomorrow!

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

The full map is in the mobile app, plus dya posted his map in the FAQ thread.

Alright, after enforcing for so long, I've forgotten. Does anyone recall if it's possible as an attendee to get to the Rock Band stage area (in front of Juicy) prior to opening? That's where I'd love to do the meetup because it would make for a great picture.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    It should be. They usually don't enforce badges until you get to the glass doors on 4F.

YMMV, no guarantees, etc.

Nullzone on
  • Options
    RichSoCashRichSoCash Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Well I didn't get around to ordering buttons, so I made 50 creeper pins and some triforce ones out of beadsprites. Hopefully you guys out there will be willing to trade although they aren't the usual round buttons like everyone else's.
    paxbuttons.jpg

I'm also bringing a bunch of other beadsprite magnets I'm gonna leave around at random places for people to find.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I'll trade buttons for buttons, even if you're not a buttoneer, so long as it is something not swag (aka littering the floor everywhere).

I saw a couple ladies by the escalators (two years ago, maybe?) and one of them had a shit load of buttons. I assault them as usual and ask if she's trading buttons.

"Pick one!"
    *uhhh, guess not actually a buttoneer then* "Oh, alright, how about this for this?" *give her one of my buttons*
    "Sure!"
    "You're not a buttoneer then, right?"
    "No, I'm Tycho's aunt!"
    "Oh, nice to meet you. :lol:"

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Mah Buttons are here.

IMG_20120821_162040.jpg

• Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    My buttons have also arrived!
    Buttonsarrived.jpg

"Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    RichSoCash wrote: »
    Well I didn't get around to ordering buttons, so I made 50 creeper pins and some triforce ones out of beadsprites. Hopefully you guys out there will be willing to trade although they aren't the usual round buttons like everyone else's.
    paxbuttons.jpg

I'm also bringing a bunch of other beadsprite magnets I'm gonna leave around at random places for people to find.

Love them! I will have to find you to trade!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    KomiKomi Registered User regular
    paxbuttons.jpg

I'm definitely going to have to track you down and get one of these.

-PAX Prime 2014-
    [x]In awe that my 30 minute badge window prediction was pretty close to accurate.
    [x]Badge (HOLYCRAPIGOTA4DAY!)
    [x]Hotel
    [ ]Airfare
    [ ]Buttoneering Buttons
    [ ]Challenge Coin
  • Options
    Little Miss RachelLittle Miss Rachel Geek Chick Before Geek Was Chic Idahoan ExileRegistered User regular
    paxbuttons.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure you'll have a ~real~ hard time finding people willing to trade for something unique like those. ~Real~ hard. Or you could just find me. =)

• Options
    edited August 2012
    A new version of the Android app is in Google Play. Two HUGE things to know: This new version is ONLY a list of buttons at the moment, and you should definitely uninstall the old one before installing this one.

The reason I'm publishing it now is to make sure it works on people's devices, and to get a bare bones app out there. At the very least, this app gives you a list of the buttons at PAX that is browsable offline. This is my base functionality, and the most prone to breakage. The next version will allow you to mark what you have collected (but only locally on the device) and then after that I'll put in syncing back to the website. If you get a crash PLEASE use the "report" option that comes up so I see the info.

EDIT: App is here.

jonxp on
  • Options
    Cliffs of SanityCliffs of Sanity Registered User regular
    Our buttons arrived today! Nothing like one-day cheap shipping because you only live four hours from Pure Buttons. Pickett's button is on the left, mine is on the right. Hopefully we'll get our buttons on to buttoneering.org in the next day or two.

photo-M.jpg

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Those are effin' amazing!! ...Too bad you two didn't make a Rory-type one as like a bonus of getting both. ...Or did I just plant an idea? *Inception-bwaaahhhhmmmm.*

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    welp

time to make my buttons.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    Cliffs of SanityCliffs of Sanity Registered User regular
    Thanks Captain Tapole! These are some of Pickett's first attempts at drawing (he has a new Wacom Bamboo). I, too, am really impressed, as I have absolutely zero drawing ability. Your idea of a Rory button would have been great, but sadly we didn't think of it. Unfortunately, things are really crazy here and we won't have time to make one before PAX. But there's always next year!

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Oh they are just brilliant - love the fez!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    xe0tm.jpg

Buttons ordered. Hope they arrive to the hotel on time. And like last year I spent twice as much because of my laziness. edit- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd I sent it to the wrong address. put in the hotel, but I think paypal changed it to my home address... hopefully I can clear this up in the morning.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    anifirebirdanifirebird Registered User regular
    Looking forward to seeing buttons! I wish I had had more time and money this year!

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Events Schedule!
    Here's what we're doing this year...

Fri,Sat - Come by the desk outside of BYOC, and drop off one of your buttons for the yearly collection presented to Mike and Jerry. Additionally, pick up the official button seen above. Find me (JonXP) or leave it with another Enforcer, I'll brief the folks at the desk on what's going on.

Sat 8:45am - Official Picture Meetup at Juicy/the Rock Band stage. Before you line up for the expo hall, come by and we'll try to get a group picture at a time that doesn't conflict with most Enforcer schedules. This is new and we'll see how it goes!

Sun 11am - Presentation of the buttons to Mike and Jerry in the Queue Room. It'll be a small ceremony, with only about three marching bands and twelve elephants. It'll be right before their autograph signing that starts at that time.

Sun after the Omegathon - Traditional Meetup outside of the convention center doors. Get the buttons you're missing, and get rid of the rest of yours. It's like being on the stock market floor, without the pressure of ruining the world's economy!

jonxp on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    xe0tm.jpg

Buttons ordered. Hope they arrive to the hotel on time. And like last year I spent twice as much because of my laziness. edit- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd I sent it to the wrong address. put in the hotel, but I think paypal changed it to my home address... hopefully I can clear this up in the morning.

You must clear this up, because I need that button.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    Sat 9:15am - Official Picture Meetup at Juicy/the Rock Band stage. Before you line up for the expo hall, come by and we'll try to get a group picture at a time that doesn't conflict with most Enforcer schedules. This is new and we'll see how it goes!

FYI, morning enforcer shifts start at 9am generally. Meaning roughly 1/3 would not be able to make this. But then, maybe butoneering #e are mostly mid or late shift. *shrug*

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Knight_ wrote: »
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    xe0tm.jpg

You must clear this up, because I need that button.
    Ok, called them up. They said they got my email and that we're good to go. It wasn't very official and was a bit too friendly which made me nervous. But in hindsight that should also make me feel more confident that it's getting done.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
This discussion has been closed.