Options

[Transformers] Bay4mers dooms humanity in 2014.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    snagged Dreadwing from HTS, should still be up for preorder

went ahead and ordered the Ultimate Gift Set cause I don't know, and the Rotor Rage Kre-O set because those colors are so good

also at TRU today I ran across the Asia Laserbeak and Brawl which was unexpected, so I mos def got them

oh god I've spent so much money

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Saw all the GDO scouts the other day. Didn't get any of them, even the Laserbeak. Just wasn't appealing in person.

Cliffjumper was there, too. Didn't get him, changed my mind, went back today, but he was gone. Damn my indecisiveness.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I went to the wal-mart the other day and they had a shelf full of prime bumblebees and wheeljacks

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    that's all I've been able to say about transformers since
    oh
    june?

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    All I saw at TRU was one Sandstorm. No other import guys. I was sad.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    143999 wrote: »
    Saw all the GDO scouts the other day. Didn't get any of them, even the Laserbeak. Just wasn't appealing in person.

Cliffjumper was there, too. Didn't get him, changed my mind, went back today, but he was gone. Damn my indecisiveness.

Get Laserbeak, he's really nice and the paint job looks great in hand. Especially in vehicle mode.
    snagged Dreadwing from HTS, should still be up for preorder

went ahead and ordered the Ultimate Gift Set cause I don't know, and the Rotor Rage Kre-O set because those colors are so good

also at TRU today I ran across the Asia Laserbeak and Brawl which was unexpected, so I mos def got them

oh god I've spent so much money

I got the Ultimate Battle set today. It's pretty nice for what it is. The decos are fine for the deluxes and the legends are just kind of there. If you have some version of the the molds you know what you're getting.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Yeah I just enjoy how funky the colors are on the deluxes, and Jazz has some extra detailing that looks nicer compared to standard Jazz like the grey grill

also because I was like hey, let's get some free shipping by spending lots more money, and also I'm a consumer whore

and good gracious I want that FP-DX Armored Battalion - Set of 3 - Limited Edition Holiday colors UGH

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Free shipping is pretty much why I got that set.

I'm gonna have to pass on that set since too many other things are coming out between now and the end of the year, but I am going to want to get the Warbugs when they come out.

• Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    143999 wrote: »

Get Laserbeak, he's really nice and the paint job looks great in hand. Especially in vehicle mode.

I just couldn't stand how he looked for some reason when I saw him in person. Something about him just kicked my G1 snobbishness into high gear. I thought I would like him since they painted him black and red and gray and named him Laserbeak, but once I had him in my hands, I just looked at his stupid feet and his silly face and ooooooh, I hate him so much now. I hate him like I hate TRU for raising the price of Masterpiece Thundercracker by $5 even though I'm never going to buy him.

Plus, he's gone now, along with the Cliffjumper that...didn't that start breaking apart in your hands already? That doesn't stop me from loving Cliffjumper. Always throwing himself headlong at people's hands with no regard for his own safety. You rascal, Cliffjumper.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Has there been any word of Masterpiece Sideswipe or Soundwave being licensed for a US release through Toys R Us or whatever?

Sideswipe doesn't look like he has any pieces that a US release might leave out (like Rodimus Prime's trailer), though I would worry about them releasing all of Soundwave's casettes over here.

• Options
    No, but they probably will be. I'm tempted to wait like I did with every other MP, but...come on, it's Soundwave. With tapes. And I guess Sideswipe too.

But I was able to use this coupon to get MP Prime at TRU today for $80. Had to get at least one other thing so I got a Brawl. Then I cancelled my preorder because I obviously didn't need it anymore. Yay.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    New reports exist that indicate Transformers 4 may have a female protagonist

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Can't wait to see how horribly she's sexualized

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Can't wait to see how awesome live action Miko is gonna be.

• Options
    haha

man, i hope it's a live action miko so there's no great loss when the character's portrayed horribly

• Options
    The movie will be all about Miko forming the Wreckers, and teaching them how to Wreck with the best of 'em.

• Options
    seeing as the wreckers were in 3 and it's a direct sequel

naw

and if any lady is gonna be in a movie with Wreckers, it's gonna be my gal Verity Carlo

• Options
    "wreckers"

• Options
    the wreckers were surprisingly not terrible in DOTM

their british isles accents helped

• Options
    It will probably be a sassy black lady who is sassy and shakes her booty to that hip hopping music and loves her some chicken.

• Options
    That chicken thing has always had a weird ring to me because honestly who doesn't fucking love chicken

• Options
    edited October 2012
    really want Verity to show up in a good wreckers movie with her armor
    2503978-verity_surprise__tf_last_stand_of_the_wreckers_2.jpg
    it has wheels that fold up against the back of her legs that can then fold down so she can kinda skate/go fast, and also retractable cannons on her arms
    2503956-perceptor_ironfist_verity_hope_tf_last_stand_of_the_wreckers_5.jpg

Antimatter on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    That looks like if Nick Roche drew Mass Effect armour.

I'm okay with that.

• Options
    Who is this chick

• Options
    edited October 2012
    here's a pic of her with her wheels, using a picture from the hardcover version of Wreckers, which fixed some bad inking/awkward looking Verity faces
    DSC00580.jpg
    Verity Carlo is someone who showed up in Furman's IDW run, sidelined by basically everyone but Roche and Roberts, used in Last Stand of the Wreckers

she encountered the Autobots with Hunter O'Nion and Jimmy Pink, Hunter got killed in All Hail Megatron and Jimmy seemed to stay on Earth, while Verity went in space where she felt safer and less alone

being alone is what she fears most

she helped the Wreckers attempt to liberate Garrus-9, an Autobot prison taken by Overlord and turned into a nightmarish host of violence

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Found GDO Cliffjumper at the other local TRU today, didn't pass him up this time.

Ever since I had a bad experience with the...things...attached to where 2007 movie Jazz's arms should be, try to stay away from the foldy plateformer style of figure, but this guy does it really, really well in robot mode. Everything lines up just so and the only really blatantly visible hollow areas are under his armpits. And seriously, who looks under a robot's armpits, anyway?

They kind of overdid it just a smidge on the head sculpt, though.

CaRNq.jpg

v7G59.jpg

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    want Cliff so bad

in other news, preview for the latest prime ep doesnt look bad at all
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=u9-Ub9ob_sg

edit: just remembered that this is the same episode with dancing starscream

sigh

at least this preview looked pretty dang good

Antimatter on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Hey

Waitaminute
    How did Screamer get onto the warship?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Ground Bridge.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Those all look pretty great. I'd love to have Rumble and Frenzy, at least.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Hey

Waitaminute
    How did Screamer get onto the warship?
    He's a wizard.

• Options
    Ok yeah, do not buy GDO Cliffjumper. The part that broke on mine seems to be really widesrpead.

• Options
    Nooooo :c

• Options
    What in the absolute fu...

A5jNPpaCcAAb1Gn.jpg

• Options
    Fucking Mickeyzord.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

naw

and if any lady is gonna be in a movie with Wreckers, it's gonna be my gal Verity Carlo

One major problem I have with the films

I can name maybe 3-4 of the robots.

I mean, there's optimus and Megatron

Bumblebee, Starscream

Ironhide, there's five

Also Sentinel Prime.

And then what seemed like some other guys running around.

Granted, I stopped watching when I realized there was an entire hour left in the film, so there may have been even more that I didn't even see.

I mean, given that they were still throwing in more characters shortly before I stopped, I have no doubt that there was more to come.

Checking the wiki, there's like 16? That is fucking ridiculous.

It's far better to have fewer characters and give them all more personal screen time. Having so much shit going on back and forth really waters down everything and gets really confusing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    cool, my shipment from HTS came in, let's put these Combaticons together

oh wait, Blast Off is being shipped separately

: (

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Goatmon wrote: »

naw

One major problem I have with the films

I can name maybe 3-4 of the robots.

I mean, there's optimus and Megatron

Bumblebee, Starscream

Ironhide, there's five

Also Sentinel Prime.

And then what seemed like some other guys running around.

Granted, I stopped watching when I realized there was an entire hour left in the film, so there may have been even more that I didn't even see.

I mean, given that they were still throwing in more characters shortly before I stopped, I have no doubt that there was more to come.

Checking the wiki, there's like 16? That is fucking ridiculous.

It's far better to have fewer characters and give them all more personal screen time. Having so much shit going on back and forth really waters down everything and gets really confusing.

None of them were even characters

They were props

The focus was basically entirely in the humans and most of the autobots only go enough dialogue and characterization to think "oh he's kinda cool" but not enough to care if they died in most cases

There could've been a cast of sixteen dudes or more if the damn humans were excised

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    Ok yeah, do not buy GDO Cliffjumper. The part that broke on mine seems to be really widesrpead.

And here I thought that finally getting Universe Galvatron would be the worst Transformers thing to happen to me this week.

8aVThp6.png
This discussion has been closed.