Options

[Transformers] Bay4mers dooms humanity in 2014.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I still need that Galvatron for my Movie display. Well, I think I really want the Asian version, but they've evaded me every time I decide to get one.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I will not tolerate any disparaging of movie galvatron

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Ok yeah, do not buy GDO Cliffjumper. The part that broke on mine seems to be really widesrpead.

Well he mentions his is the FE Terrorcon, which is the same mold, but maybe there was a defect with that particular production? Is yours the GDO Cliff?

Mine has been fine, and I've transformed it several times just because I enjoy its transformation

I'd say buy it, if it breaks then return it, that's what warranties are for

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Read down more. A bunch of peoples' GDO Cliff's are breaking really easily in the same way.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    We've since had confirmation, by way of the Cybergundam blog, that this is a Bandai / Tamashii Nations release rather than a new Disney Label item.
    thank god
    edit: HOLY SHIT
    http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-tomy-super-gt-figures-optimus-prime-nemesis-prime-ultra-magnus-and-toxitron/26047/

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Haha. Too bad they're gonna be over $100 each.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Someone buy my Fansproject Bruticus upgrade stuff I wanna buy One Piece toys.

• Options
    If no one here wants them you should just put them on Ebay, you'll get more doing it that way anyway.

I mean, if I didn't already have them I'd take them in a heartbeat, but I don't really need more of them.

• Options
    Haha. Too bad they're gonna be over $100 each.

yeah. :c

their vehicle modes look slick as hell, though

• Options
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Someone buy my Fansproject Bruticus upgrade stuff I wanna buy One Piece toys.

QUIT REMINDING ME THAT EXISTS

But yeah, I'd love to, but I don't have the rest of him to work with, and I absolutely cannot get that deep into it. It's bad enough that TRU MP-10 broke my Masterpiece cherry and I'm now trawling eBay looking for cheap Starscreams and Rodimus...es, or that @Schide just posted that HOS Screecher review and goddamnit do I want all the HOS figures ever and blaaaaarg

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I keep bidding on a gray Takara Starscream from Canada.

I don't even WANT a gray Takara Starscream from Canada.

What the fuck is happening to me.

30 minutes left.

Please, somebody outbid me on this thing.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Read down more. A bunch of peoples' GDO Cliff's are breaking really easily in the same way.

I wonder if it's an across the board thing, or if there was just a bad run or them, or...I dunno, something something dark energon. I haven't seen any problems with mine in the area that people are complaining about, and I got pretty clumsy with mine the first times I transformed him.

Did yours break in the same spot as most of those, @Schide? For some reason, the way you described it made me think that part of what ends up becoming his chest plates just kind of crumbled, which I really did think wouldn't look all that bad, considering. All of these complaints seem to be about the grill/front bumper/horns area, which wouldn't be cool at all. I mean, that's his ass in robot mode. I don't want a robot with a flaky broken ass.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    oh god the Takara FoC Bruticus looks so hot with the metallic paint

and the HoS stuff, and other cool expensive 3rd party stuff

why does my pointless hobby have to be so expensive

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »

I wonder if it's an across the board thing, or if there was just a bad run or them, or...I dunno, something something dark energon. I haven't seen any problems with mine in the area that people are complaining about, and I got pretty clumsy with mine the first times I transformed him.

Did yours break in the same spot as most of those, @Schide? For some reason, the way you described it made me think that part of what ends up becoming his chest plates just kind of crumbled, which I really did think wouldn't look all that bad, considering. All of these complaints seem to be about the grill/front bumper/horns area, which wouldn't be cool at all. I mean, that's his ass in robot mode. I don't want a robot with a flaky broken ass.

Yeah mine broke in the exact same way that the picture in the link shows. The two hinge things on the underside of his hood just broke right off, so not that hood part just has to hang there. I might very well have described it badly at first. Yours might never break if transform it a ton of times, but I'd just be real careful with it knowing that it could happen.

Did you win that auction?

• Options
    edited October 2012
    And speaking of the FP Bruticus add-on kits...the new recolors are now up for preorder.

Also 20% off HTS purchase with code Holiday2012.

Schide on
  • Options
    Wish I had that code like 3 days ago THANKS SCHIDE

jeez

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Do I really want to spend $75 on 4/5 parts of Bruticus and the gift set? Ugh. I think I can rationalize skipping the four due to the missing one. Close one there, wallet.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    what's with blast off being harder to find anyway

• Options
    I have no idea

I'm a little perturbed that I ordered them all at the same time and Blast Off wasn't in the box, it better be free shipping on him still

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Well shipping wasn't free after removing those guys, so I might as well just get it off Amazon if I want that gift set.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    143999 wrote: »

Yeah mine broke in the exact same way that the picture in the link shows. The two hinge things on the underside of his hood just broke right off, so not that hood part just has to hang there. I might very well have described it badly at first. Yours might never break if transform it a ton of times, but I'd just be real careful with it knowing that it could happen.

Did you win that auction?

Nah, I got sniped at the last second. Better this way anyway. It was a decent price, but I don't think I could come up with a good explanation for where the giant gray toy robot came from to my wife.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    the only thing I can think of is that I heard some people with the SDCC bruticus were buying retail blast off as a preferred arm for the set

but that would be too depressing

people with one blast off taking it away from the rest of us...

• Options
    see what you would do is when she walks up with it and asks, "Honey where did this come from," you look the transformer in the eyes and start explaining and then you stop for a second and look back and forth between her and the transformer and say, "Oh sorry honey, I keep getting you mixed up with the lifeless robot since YOU HATE FUN WHO CARES WHERE IT CAME FROM IT'S AWESOME"

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    It'd be more like, "I thought you said that Optimus Prime over there was your last big purchase for a while."

And then Optimus Prime would be all disappointed, since lying to your wife isn't the right of all sentient beings or something.

And then stupid Starscream would see it as his opportunity to try to usurp me. AGAIN.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    BugBoy wrote: »
    the only thing I can think of is that I heard some people with the SDCC bruticus were buying retail blast off as a preferred arm for the set

but that would be too depressing

people with one blast off taking it away from the rest of us...

That's crap. HTS should have done a mandatory trade-in program for people who already had one from SDCC.

...don't ask me how that would work.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    I just saw pics of that F1 racecar Prime in robot mode. The entire hood and roof are just hanging off his back, ha!

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    So, growing up, one of my favorite Transformers was Brawn, mostly because of scenes like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r86KrMJ29lE

As I got older and was able to search for Transformers on ebay and the like, I was always disappointed that G1 Brawn looked like this:
    G1-toy_Brawn.jpg

The Legends toy was a step up, but was way too small to fit with my Classics display:
    Universe2008_Legends_AutobotBrawn.jpg

I was mega-excited to get this bad boy in the mail today:
    IMG_20121020_103100.jpg
    Vehicle mode and size comparison pics below.
    IMG_20121020_101854.jpg
    IMG_20121020_103906.jpg

Cliffjumper is holding Brawn's shotgun, because Brawn doesn't use guns. He punches the shit out of things.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I found a Vehicle at the grocery store and picked it up.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    I found a Vehicle at the grocery store and picked it up.

What vehicle was that?

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Vehicon, stupid Swift Key.

• Options
    Blast Off is back up on HTS so people can get the whole Bruticus set for cheap right now.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    So, growing up, one of my favorite Transformers was Brawn, mostly because of scenes like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koQY7s9dgn8

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    Lies.

Dude, Brawn wakes up after the Decepticons fly out, pilots the shuttle to safety, then he and Snarl spend the rest of the movie holding off the Combaticons and Stunticons so they can't join Devastator and totally fuck up Autobot City.

• Options
    Blast Off is back up on HTS so people can get the whole Bruticus set for cheap right now.

I seriously do not know what to do right now. Gift set or not quite as ugly. Gift set or not quite as ugly.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Lies.

Dude, Brawn wakes up after the Decepticons fly out, pilots the shuttle to safety, then he and Snarl spend the rest of the movie holding off the Combaticons and Stunticons so they can't join Devastator and totally fuck up Autobot City.

Well, as the previous video clearly shows, Brawn can take a direct hit from Megatron without so much as a scratch. He's obviously faking it for a tactical advantage later on.

For further confirmation, compare the Decepticons who entered there shuttle there to the ones that leave it later. The ones that don't leave? Those are the ones that Brawl killed off-camera.

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    I keep forgetting how gruesome as hell prowl's death is

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    i'm thankful smokescreen did not die in the movie but also more than a bit sad wheeljack died in his place

• Options
    edited October 2012
    solicits for january's transformers comics

there are some surprising things in there

and one really, really, really worrying one
    TRANSFORMERS MORE THAN MEETS EYE ONGOING #13
    (W) James Roberts (A) Guido Guidi (CA) Alex Milne, Nick Roche
    SHORE LEAVE! The AUTOBOTS visit the planet Hedonia-and get a chance to put recent events behind them, ingest some energon, and relax. Everyone, that is, except SWERVE, who faces the toughest challenge of his life: in just six hours, he has to teach ULTRA MAGNUS how to have fun.

$3.99

TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE ONGOING #13
    (W) John Barber (A) Andrew Griffith (CA) Casey Coller, Andrew Griffith
    ON THE PROWL! It’s “no more mister nice guy,” as CYBERTRON burns and one AUTOBOT is all that stand between order and anarchy. Meet the new PROWL-deadlier than ever, colder then any other AUTOBOT, and ready to end the DECEPTICON threat-forever.

$3.99

TRANSFORMERS SPOTLIGHT THUNDERCRACKER #1
    (W) John Barber (A) Chee (CA) Chee, Livio Ramondelli
    In the dark days of the war for Cybertron, THUNDERCRACKER had a special mission-one never revealed before! Now, as he faces off against BUMBLEBEE for the first time, the fate of METROPLEX-and an entire civilization-is at stake!

$3.99

edit: those gt transformers were fake

these are real
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/transformers-gt-more-information-three-super-gt-transformers-in-the-works-including-star-saber-176157/

Antimatter on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Vehicon, stupid Swift Key.

I scored my Vehicon at HEB too oddly enough. I can finally see why everyone says his legs are amazing. Just wish his arms were as good. Still the best alt mode though.

This discussion has been closed.