Options

[Transformers] Bay4mers dooms humanity in 2014.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Another episode of Prime where Ratchet does nothing.

They had 26 episodes this season, and everybody got at least one episode... except Ratchet. And Ratchet's only episode last season was basically the "say no to drugs" one. I know he's the exposition but he's also a character, dude deserves some time in the spotlight.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    regeneration spoilers
    killed off dreadwing after he helped the autobots, just like i figured

aces

Antimatter on
  • Options
    huh. did you guys know there's going to be a Jet Vehicon General arms micron toy? supposed to have a metallic paintjob i guess.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

aces
    well look, Anti

a character can't actually survive

because then there would actually be a plot and character development, and those are things for writers who give a damn about their job

• Options
    edited October 2012
    regeneration spoilers
    he had development, is the thing. he didnt get as much as he merited. prime makes attempts at these things and then cuts them short. it's unfair to say that development and plot are nonexistant, as much as i'm not a fan of Prime. they just handle things (in my opinion, anyway) poorly.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I'm being a unfair, yeah

I'm just flabbergasted at how the writers do this sort of thing so often it becomes self-parody

I mean, either they're so oblivious that they don't realize how ridiculous this is getting

or they simply don't care

and neither is good.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    other thoughts about Regeneration, if i may
    the bit about megatron raising cybertron and using it to curry favor politically seemed...entirely out of nowhere. the bits about the revolution of the decepticons and the government of cybertronians hasn't been a focus in what feels like a long time, and almost like a silly plot point?

maybe just me.

i'm definitely bitter about Dreadwing, he was awesome, I genuinely liked him. i like a lot of the Decepticons that get offed and dislike the autobots mostly, which annoys me.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

aces

what

Why did I click that spoiler before watching the episode? Ugh. Is there still room on the Fuck Prime bus?

• Options
    sorry @Schide, i'll label my spoilers. i thought the context was okay because of the totp talking about the latest ep, that was a careless mistake on my part.

again, apologies.

• Options
    Ohnonono, that wasn't directed at you, that was me bitching at myself for clicking knowing full well it was a new Prime episode spoiler because of the context. Not your fault at all.

Anyway, here's a picture of Moebine (not Fallen)

And yeah, I preorder a Jet Vehicon General when they went up, though i have no idea if I'm going to actually get it. It sounds like a nice deco though.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    godDAMN i like that mobine

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Hahahaha oh god I called it Moebine. It's Mobine, Moebine is a completely different thing.

• Options
    yeah uh i just discovered that after googling the original spelling in that post

editing my post jesus god aaaah

• Options
    Hahaha, sorry about that.

• Options
    heeee all good

• Options
    edited October 2012
    cool thing this episode did
    confirmed that the Vehicons have sparks and that they are in fact not drones. Autobots: killers.

genuinely glad that the Vehicons are dudes with a shared body type, it's like the seekers/air warriors. it's neat.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    Apparently Aldi is stocking the Prime deluxe wave with 2 Vehicons in it among other things for $10, so check those if you have any near you for anyone that still needs Vehicons. Among others of that wave.

• Options
    oh damn!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I was disappointed, I thought there were new Moebine toys being announced or something. I always wanted to pick some of those up.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    confirmed that the Vehicons have sparks and that they are in fact not drones. Autobots: killers.
    I didn't realize that needed to be said.

Occasionally one or two of them has actual dialogue and personable interactions with other characters.

It's just that they're all red shirts, so there's no effort in really giving any of them a personality.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Also, about the new episode
    Why... did you shoot Dreadwing?

he's been an awesome lackey. Starscream has been poop from a butt since day one. Shoot HIM instead.

I mean, Starscream is probably the most animated character in the show, but it makes complete sense to scrap him after everyhthing he's done.

Dreadwing can't let him live, so le thim scrap the fucker and put that snotball's disruptions to rest.

Instead, he shoots Dreadwing, for disobeying ONE order.

Yet he allows Starscream to get away with having done that a million fucking times.

God dammit.

• Options
    Other than that really really stupid detail, the episode was awesome, though.

• Options
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I didn't realize that needed to be said.

Occasionally one or two of them has actual dialogue and personable interactions with other characters.

It's just that they're all red shirts, so there's no effort in really giving any of them a personality.
    theyve been described as drones by starscream which implied they were sparkless.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    gotta love prime
    let's kill all the decepticons! They're totally a credible threat! Totally!

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    latest prime
    dreadwing nearly made it a whole season

shocking longevity

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Wiki pointed out something
    where was wheeljack

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Hey, how good is the Lugnut mold? I saw an Atomic Lugnut here at Comic Con for $18.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular

he's been an awesome lackey. Starscream has been poop from a butt since day one. Shoot HIM instead.

I mean, Starscream is probably the most animated character in the show, but it makes complete sense to scrap him after everyhthing he's done.

Dreadwing can't let him live, so le thim scrap the fucker and put that snotball's disruptions to rest.

Yet he allows Starscream to get away with having done that a million fucking times.

God dammit.
    Well, the plan starscream came up with near the end of the episode probably will win them the season where as dreadwing would have used the "fight them more" strategy of attempting the defeat the autobots.

I think that might justify the choice.

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Hey, how good is the Lugnut mold? I saw an Atomic Lugnut here at Comic Con for $18.

Sounds like the Animated one. I prefer United but I love all things Lugnut

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    yeah, he's asking how good the Animated mold is

he asked me earlier but i have no idea

• Options
    Pretty much. I vaguely remember someone mentioning Animated Lugnut and just wanted to double check.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Its shorter than it should be because all that tail,mass goes into the weapon. But that's my only complaint; both have fantastically I mean GLORIOUS bright colors

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    voyager animated lugnut is... not great
    he's kind of stumpy and doesn't really articulate well beyond "hold giant hammer, look straight ahead"

seriously, he's tiny

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

God dammit.
    Dreadwing's a great character, such a pity he's dead now. But I like Prime's Starscream, too.

• Options
    luckily generations lugnut is among the best transformers ever made

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    voyager animated lugnut is... not great
    he's kind of stumpy and doesn't really articulate well beyond "hold giant hammer, look straight ahead"

seriously, he's tiny

Alright. I'll pass on it. Thanks.

• Options
    FOR THE GLORY OF MEGATRON

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Lugnut is a good toy he's just too small.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Transformers United Lugnut for Lugnut of the Year

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Besides, if someone wanted an Atomic Lugnut they could have mine for a lot less than $18.

This discussion has been closed.