As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warlock] or, that other new Master of Magic-Alike

• Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    I'd get this but I am allergic to cityspam. Its a shame they went down this road.

I thought that too but cities don't require much micromanaging at all, usually just a building choice every ~10 turns and any units you want to build. Its not nearly as annoying as trying to manage a large empire in Civ.

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    And there isn't much need to spam city building, as you can usually take over a few neutral cities as your own before you start attacking the enemy AI "players". Yes, it does mean that you will have a great deal of cities before the game is over, but that's just one of the glorious perks of world domination! :twisted:

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Apparently, when you've already conquered one Mage and have basically cleared out an entire other dimension of all its monsters, enemies start tripping over themselves to form non-aggression packs and alliances, often while giving up money and mana in an effort to bribe me!

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    God, this game has its claws in me so deep right now. I went from having barely heard about it to being totally obsessed with it in a staggeringly short amount of time. I don't know how I'm going to hold out until Tuesday.

At around my third playthrough of the demo, I decided to put together my own tech trees to give me a better view of the factions than the disorganized build lists offered. They're just ugly little MS Paint documents, but I guess I'll post them here in case anyone else has been curious about how cities differ between the races:

Humans:
    HumanTechTree.jpg

Monsters:
    MonsterTechTree.jpg

Undead:
    UndeadTechTree.jpg

I don't have any documents for unit or upgrade stats, partially because it's too much of a pain to tech to anything respectable in the 50 turns the demo gives you, but I think I've seen every basic unit except the Dracolich at least once if anyone is curious about something in particular. I'm also pretty sure that different factions have different options for building on certain resources, but I don't have any data on that at all (except for that the Undead can build a Laboratorium on silver (+7 mana, -2 gold) instead of the Silver Armory that humans get).

Basically, it looks like the main overall differences are that Humans have a gold-centric economy and specialize in ranged units, Monsters have a food-centric economy and specialize in big scary melee guys who regenerate, and the Undead have a mana-centric economy and specialize in being really hard to kill along with being the only side with native flying units. Their unit upkeeps follow that pattern too (i.e. monster units tend to cost more food and less gold than human units).

Honestly, now that I've looked at them laid out like this, I have trouble seeing how the Undead aren't going to be way overpowered. Not only are they able to run a more focused economy than the others due to the low food requirements, but their basic infantry is practically immune to missile attacks while the vampires and fliers are practically impossible to kill with anything EXCEPT missile attacks. Oh, and the vampires are heavily elemental-resistant, in case you thought you could just use mages instead of archers (not that that would have helped the Monsters anyway). I guess it's hard to tell for sure without being able to really play them, though.

Having gotten around to playing as each race, I've come to the opinion that humans are the most powerful overall, followed by monsters, with undead last.

Every game seemed to follow roughly the same path. Build racial units during the initial land grab -> grab special resource (order of the stubborn knights / minotaurs / elves / etc) units -> take down a holy site -> win the game with religion units. Although, I could see a build based off trolls/werewolves if you were monsters.

The most important thing becomes how well you can support special and religion units. Humans have the economy to actually use them, and they've got the healers to help them. Plus, humans have the best units for engaging holy sites (wizards and healers), while undead have the worst (half of them literally cannot deal damage to elementals). Then there's the sustain issue. Humans sustain via healers, while monsters have great natural regen, and undead work with lifesteal. Monsters probably have the best early-game sustain abilities, especially if you get a pumpkin patch, while humans have the worst (eg nonexistant). But once you get near endgame, humans are neigh unkillable with their heals.

Also, maybe it was just my imagination, but humans and monsters had waaay more buffing special resources. Monsters have the pumpkin drink and the standard armors, while humans get silver weaponry and such. None of the undead resource upgrades really jumped out to me as exceptional.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Gold does seem to be king in this game. It lets you upgrade all your units to be unstoppable killing machines. However, the undead get the flying galleus, which is the coolest unit ever.

Gold does seem to be king in this game. It lets you upgrade all your units to be unstoppable killing machines. However, the undead get the flying galleus, which is the coolest unit ever.

God, I love the flying galleus. And zombies. And ghosts. And vampires. They're all so cool and niche.

But then I load up my save with humans that has +200 gold a turn cranking out fully outfitted Paladins of Duros with healer support. It's so ridiculous.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    zerg rush wrote: »
    God, this game has its claws in me so deep right now. I went from having barely heard about it to being totally obsessed with it in a staggeringly short amount of time. I don't know how I'm going to hold out until Tuesday.

At around my third playthrough of the demo, I decided to put together my own tech trees to give me a better view of the factions than the disorganized build lists offered. They're just ugly little MS Paint documents, but I guess I'll post them here in case anyone else has been curious about how cities differ between the races:

Humans:
    HumanTechTree.jpg

Monsters:
    MonsterTechTree.jpg

Undead:
    UndeadTechTree.jpg

I don't have any documents for unit or upgrade stats, partially because it's too much of a pain to tech to anything respectable in the 50 turns the demo gives you, but I think I've seen every basic unit except the Dracolich at least once if anyone is curious about something in particular. I'm also pretty sure that different factions have different options for building on certain resources, but I don't have any data on that at all (except for that the Undead can build a Laboratorium on silver (+7 mana, -2 gold) instead of the Silver Armory that humans get).

Basically, it looks like the main overall differences are that Humans have a gold-centric economy and specialize in ranged units, Monsters have a food-centric economy and specialize in big scary melee guys who regenerate, and the Undead have a mana-centric economy and specialize in being really hard to kill along with being the only side with native flying units. Their unit upkeeps follow that pattern too (i.e. monster units tend to cost more food and less gold than human units).

Honestly, now that I've looked at them laid out like this, I have trouble seeing how the Undead aren't going to be way overpowered. Not only are they able to run a more focused economy than the others due to the low food requirements, but their basic infantry is practically immune to missile attacks while the vampires and fliers are practically impossible to kill with anything EXCEPT missile attacks. Oh, and the vampires are heavily elemental-resistant, in case you thought you could just use mages instead of archers (not that that would have helped the Monsters anyway). I guess it's hard to tell for sure without being able to really play them, though.

Having gotten around to playing as each race, I've come to the opinion that humans are the most powerful overall, followed by monsters, with undead last.
    Yeah, now that I've gotten my hands on the full game, I'm coming to the same conclusion (even though I'm still in the last stages of my first game, which is with the monsters).

Undead seem really good on paper, because they have such a versatile toybox to play with, but really their units are all so situational that it should be hard for them to pull off a unified strategy. Their only unit that qualifies as a hard-hitter (and costs less than 800 gold) is the vampire, and if you spam vampires you instantly lose the moment you get pitted against another undead player or an elemental or whatever. Plus all those nice mana multipliers they get are hellishly expensive to maintain; having your gold income dry up is probably a big risk for them. If you scout well and plan out your strategies well enough it might be possible to work your way around these issues, but it's definitely something of an uphill battle.

Monsters are in a pretty comfortable place in that they have all the basics covered with just their native units...they're the only race that has a tough, powerful, versatile melee unit that they can rely on the whole game. The problem is that this is kind of a waste when you consider that you can't go twenty hexes in Ardania without tripping over a bunch of Halberdiers or Stubborn Knights or Minotaurs or something else that fills that role just as well. Still, once you throw in the fact that their economy is ludicrously easy to run (farm + pub + fishing village + building multipliers + spell multipliers means that they wind up with tons of food to sell for gold even in cities that don't have any economic nodes at all), it becomes obvious that they're the least resource-dependent faction by far. They should be murderous in small maps.

Humans are kind of the opposite of the monsters. They specialize in ranged units, including one with elemental damage...exactly what neutral resources DON'T provide very often. Which means, like you said, they do the best at supporting the units they find on the map, which means they have the potential to end up with the strongest and most balanced army overall. The fact that Warriors are the toughest tier-1 unit by a pretty wide margin doesn't hurt, either. I do kind of fear for their economy, though. Undead and monsters can pull fully-functioning mana and food economies out of thin air without much trouble, but the only unique economic building humans get is a high-tier gold multiplier. That isn't worth crap if your base income consists of nothing but a market and a rogue's guild. So they could be in serious trouble on a map where they don't find a lot of gold mines, gem mines, or donkeys to get their income rolling (and being forced to use your first donkey resource on anything but Stubborn Knights leads to sad times).

Wyvern on
    Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Does food automatically turn into excess gold? Or am I just spending that much gold on my army :p

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    edited May 2012
    Does food automatically turn into excess gold? Or am I just spending that much gold on my army :p

Yeah it does. You can actually make a tidy penny off of them if you combine the +50/60/75% food spells. It requires favor from two different gods, but it's obscene the gains you make.

Just like in Civ, the trick is to differentiate your cities. A human city you dedicate to gold should generate 2 (base)->6 (market)-> 8 (rogue's) -> 12 (tax office) -> 18 (bank) -> 26 (mint) -> 36 (craft-thingy) -> 47 (treasure house) -> +12 per craft thingy. If you've got gems or red dragon eggs, that's another +85 to +170 gold. A single properly differentiated city obliterates an entire empire worth of income from non-specialized cities.

zerg rush on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Wait, there are gods? How did I not notice this?

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Saw something interesting on the loading screen

"If you play on a cylindrical world a unit that goes far enough east will eventually appear in the west"

edit: Which means their might be spherical maps and other such coolness

Spherical maps are rather unlikely in a 2D game. Ignoring distortion as you approach the poles, the big issue is that adjacency would simply not be well-represented. A unit exiting the top of the map would appear... at the top of the map, halfway across the map east. Or, you draw the conclusion that all points just meet at the poles, in which case every tile at the top of the map is adjacent. It's just not pretty.

Toroidal maps where the top wraps around to the bottom work a lot better.

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Heh, I made a summoned fire elemental with every buff on it, running around eliminating enemy civilization by itself. An undead player sent 4 dragons up against it and they never got it below 75% life.
    It's doing 55 dmg at 2 range, with a smattering of different damage types. Also heals itself every time it attacks and regens 5hps a turn. It has like 150 melee resist, 125 ranged, immune to death magic, and 50 elemental resist.

I think I need to bump difficulty past normal.

• LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Anyone played the Fallen Enchantress beta and this? how do they compare?

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    edited May 2012
    Rizzi wrote: »

If you played Majesty/Majesty 2, it's the same rules as with them. The Gods are Krypta (death), Agrela (life/healing), Duros (order), Krolm (hating dudes), Helia (sun), Lunord (moon), Fervus (chaos), and Grumgog (monsters?). Traditionally the gods opposed each other (can't get death/life or order/chaos) but for some reason the god's pantheon's have shifted in this version.

For humans... Krypta / Agrela give beefed up healers; AoE healers for Agrela or summoners if you go with Krypta. Duros and Krolm give powerful fighters; Krolm gives dps beastmasters and Duros gives tanky paladins. Helia makes archers while Fervus makes beastmasters (not sure on this one). Lunord makes... assassins(?). I think every basic unit can upgrade into a god-version of that unit once you unlock them. I know I was able to turn my Priests into Healers then later into Priests of Agrela, but I haven't tested if warriors/rogues/ranges can upgrade similarly. Humans cannot worship Grumgog, nor can they worship opposing gods. Eg, worshipping Agrela locks you out of Krypta.

Undead can worship (afaik) Krypta, Duros, Krolm, and Lunord. Duros and Krolm both seem to make boring fighter guys (flavored defense/offense as appropriate). Undead Krypta temples make badass liches, possibly the best units in the game since they've got range 3, default gliding, and can upgrade to deal damage in all magic types. Lunord makes undead assassins whom I don't have much experience with.

Monsters can worship (at least) Helia, Fervus, Agrela, and Grumgog. Helia creates a badass melee berzerker. Fervus makes a druid that summons bears. Agrela has rat Paladins. And Grumgog creates beefed up Goblin Archers. Although, it's been quite a while since my monster playthrough so I'm a bit fuzzy on who makes what.

Each of the religion units cost 700 and are equivalent (or better) to the best of their tier. Note that your race doesn't matter too much, because you only need to have the proper city near the holy site. So just capture an enemy city and create a settler if you want a particular religion unit.

Edit: Oh yeah, the obvious thing. To unlock religion units you have to open up a holy-site. They look like a glowing purple gem, and they're always protected by greater fire elementals. They are the thing to rush if you're able to take them out since they immediately unlock maximum tier units.

zerg rush on
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    My friend is going to be interviewing the developers of this game. Does anyone have any questions they'd like to ask?

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    Anyone played the Fallen Enchantress beta and this? how do they compare?
    Although Warlock and Fallen Enchantress both nominally take inspiration from Master of Magic, I'd say they have almost nothing in common. They approach the gameplay from totally different directions in just about every respect, so it's kind of hard to compare them in any useful way.

Dashui wrote: »
    My friend is going to be interviewing the developers of this game. Does anyone have any questions they'd like to ask?
    I'd be interested to know what their immediate plans are in terms of continuing development of the game. I know they're working on a multiplayer patch due out later in the summer, but will there be any other patches in between? A little bit of improvement to the strategic AI would go a long way towards improving the game, so it'd be nice to have that looked at a little sooner. The short-term tactical AI is already pretty good--my early-game attacks almost always fail spectacularly and leave me at a disadvantage for a pretty long time--but the AI doesn't do a good job capitalizing on an advantage when it has one. It doesn't commit to attacking cities often enough and it tends to screw up its late-game unit composition (sometimes it spams completely worthless units like naval units on supercontinent maps and bats instead of proper soldiers, and the rest of the time it masses large number of mid-tier units when it's usually more effective to focus on developing a small group of really strong units loaded with buffs).

I got to play a little more with undead, and my god are they RNG dependent.

One game: totally useless spells, including two heals that I can't use and two shadowbolts I can't use (since the enemy neutrals around me are all undead).

Next game: Regeneration, waterwalking (which counts as pathfinding too), elemental weapons, life weapons, religion +60 elemental resist.

I'm guessing that undead aren't necessarily the weakest race, but they're by far the most slot-machine race.

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »

If you played Majesty/Majesty 2, it's the same rules as with them. The Gods are Krypta (death), Agrela (life/healing), Duros (order), Krolm (hating dudes), Helia (sun), Lunord (moon), Fervus (chaos), and Grumgog (monsters?). Traditionally the gods opposed each other (can't get death/life or order/chaos) but for some reason the god's pantheon's have shifted in this version.

For humans... Krypta / Agrela give beefed up healers; AoE healers for Agrela or summoners if you go with Krypta. Duros and Krolm give powerful fighters; Krolm gives dps beastmasters and Duros gives tanky paladins. Helia makes archers while Fervus makes beastmasters (not sure on this one). Lunord makes... assassins(?). I think every basic unit can upgrade into a god-version of that unit once you unlock them. I know I was able to turn my Priests into Healers then later into Priests of Agrela, but I haven't tested if warriors/rogues/ranges can upgrade similarly. Humans cannot worship Grumgog, nor can they worship opposing gods. Eg, worshipping Agrela locks you out of Krypta.

Undead can worship (afaik) Krypta, Duros, Krolm, and Lunord. Duros and Krolm both seem to make boring fighter guys (flavored defense/offense as appropriate). Undead Krypta temples make badass liches, possibly the best units in the game since they've got range 3, default gliding, and can upgrade to deal damage in all magic types. Lunord makes undead assassins whom I don't have much experience with.

Monsters can worship (at least) Helia, Fervus, Agrela, and Grumgog. Helia creates a badass melee berzerker. Fervus makes a druid that summons bears. Agrela has rat Paladins. And Grumgog creates beefed up Goblin Archers. Although, it's been quite a while since my monster playthrough so I'm a bit fuzzy on who makes what.

Each of the religion units cost 700 and are equivalent (or better) to the best of their tier. Note that your race doesn't matter too much, because you only need to have the proper city near the holy site. So just capture an enemy city and create a settler if you want a particular religion unit.

Edit: Oh yeah, the obvious thing. To unlock religion units you have to open up a holy-site. They look like a glowing purple gem, and they're always protected by greater fire elementals. They are the thing to rush if you're able to take them out since they immediately unlock maximum tier units.

Oh, I've not gotten far enough to find one of those. I'll have to have a look next time I play.

edited May 2012
    Something else I just noticed for the gods: although a temple only lets you build the divine unit of its city's own race directly, it still unlocks the other race's unit as an upgrade. In one game I built a temple to Helia with a human settlement and got the super-archers, but I could also upgrade my werewolves into the monster's Helia unit. That particular example is basically worthless, since only Court Werewolves are eligible for the upgrade and that means you're paying a total of 1300 gold for a unit that's in the same statistical tier as the Court Werewolves you started with, but I'd imagine there are situations where it'd come in handy. I know Paladins of Duros (who deal some life damage and have a big AoE life nuke) upgrade from Veterans and I'm guessing Helia's archers upgrade from human Rangers, but other than that I'm not sure who goes with what. Most of them are probably pretty obvious once you've seen the divine unit you're shooting for, though.

Wyvern on
    edited May 2012
    Something else I just noticed for the gods: although a temple only lets you build the divine unit of its city's own race directly, it still unlocks the other race's unit as an upgrade. In one game I built a temple to Helia with a human settlement and got the super-archers, but I could also upgrade my werewolves into the monster's Helia unit. That particular example is basically worthless, since only Court Werewolves are eligible for the upgrade and that means you're paying a total of 1300 gold for a unit that's in the same statistical tier as the Court Werewolves you started with, but I'd imagine there are situations where it'd come in handy. I know Paladins of Duros (who deal some life damage and have a big AoE life nuke) upgrade from Veterans and I'm guessing Helia's archers upgrade from human Rangers, but other than that I'm not sure who goes with what. Most of them are probably pretty obvious once you've seen the divine unit you're shooting for, though.

Depending on how long it took you to get religion units, it could be worth it.

If you're super super late game, as in cleared out a dimension, each unit could be rocking ~1000g+ worth of upgrades. At that point, an extra 700g for an already high level unit isn't so steep. IIRC, Court Werewolves get a +50% holy damage upgrade and an AOE attack ability, and lose none of their other abilities when you upgrade. Depending on how much you've put into them already, maybe it's not such a bad deal.

zerg rush on
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Just tried the demo. Not for me, thanks. It's slow as hell and shows it's a budget title from day 1. I'll wait for Fallen Enchantress to hit :(

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW

If you're super super late game, as in cleared out a dimension, each unit could be rocking ~1000g+ worth of upgrades. At that point, an extra 700g for an already high level unit isn't so steep. IIRC, Court Werewolves get a +50% holy damage upgrade and an AOE attack ability, and lose none of their other abilities when you upgrade. Depending on how much you've put into them already, maybe it's not such a bad deal.
    Wolves of Helia are actually weaker than Court Werewolves on the offense, though. Their damage and health are basically the same, but Wolves of Helia lose their spirit damage in favor of elemental damage (which is a downgrade, as basically nobody resists spirit damage), and their special attack loses half of its radius on top of that. The benefits are all in defense: Wolves of Helia have basic armor and are immune to elemental damage. It could be situationally worthwhile if you find yourself in a situation where being killed by elemental damage is your only concerned, but I feel like you shouldn't be giving up that much for a unit you're potentially being charged for twice.

Besides, Court Werewolves have the greatest advantage of all:
    1120736466_d97cp-L.jpg

Wolves of Helia are actually weaker than Court Werewolves on the offense, though. Their damage and health are basically the same, but Wolves of Helia lose their spirit damage in favor of elemental damage (which is a downgrade, as basically nobody resists spirit damage), and their special attack loses half of its radius on top of that. The benefits are all in defense: Wolves of Helia have basic armor and are immune to elemental damage. It could be situationally worthwhile if you find yourself in a situation where being killed by elemental damage is your only concerned, but I feel like you shouldn't be giving up that much for a unit you're potentially being charged for twice.

Besides, Court Werewolves have the greatest advantage of all:
    1120736466_d97cp-L.jpg

Hmm, I did not know units could lose upgrades. I'll have to check it out.

• boosterburnboosterburn Registered User regular
    I am loving this game. Only have one play through far enough for religion units, but if they are all as ridiculous as the liches then....yeah.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Does anyone know how population works? I can't seem to wrap my head around it. Also when do city borders expand? Is it after every X amount of levels?

edited May 2012
    Retaba wrote: »
    Does anyone know how population works? I can't seem to wrap my head around it. Also when do city borders expand? Is it after every X amount of levels?

As long as you've got food, cities grow at a fixed rate that slows down with city size. You can also cast two spells (one base, one agrela) to increase population growth (which each also increase max city size).

City borders start at 1 square, expand to 2 squares at level 5, and expand to 3 squares (maximum) at level ... I think 9 but I'm not sure. I know it's a set amount though.

zerg rush on
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think it's level 10, but it's definitely way up there.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Thanks guys! Does the population growth spells stack? So I can cast both on a city, or should I just use the most expensive one?

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    They stack

wbBv3fj.png
  • FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    I think it's level 10, but it's definitely way up there.

Yeah, it's 10.

Also, thanks @Wyvern for the tech trees! Looks like a wiki is starting to come together, but it still has a lot of gaps. Hopefully the devs will do their duty and patch in an encyclopedia asap.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I just discovered this game today by looking at newer games over on gamersgate. And there's a thread for it!

One question: I was a big fan of Age of Wonders. Similar?

It feels way more like an aggressive Civ 5. Like, I sometimes expect Ghandi to come out and declare my impending subjugation beneath his undead hordes.

• malkothmalkoth Registered User regular
    So does anyone know how spell combos work? I think I did one in a game on accident, but cant seem to recreate it all. I thought it was maybe a fluke until a loading screen mentioned something about them.

"Be who you are, and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter dont mind." - Dr. Seuss
    malkoth wrote: »
    So does anyone know how spell combos work? I think I did one in a game on accident, but cant seem to recreate it all. I thought it was maybe a fluke until a loading screen mentioned something about them.

You combine two spells. I know that if you summon bears or bearmen, then cast furvus' regeneration on them it combos to double regeneration but lasts two turns. I also got hit by some crazy helia spell combo that dealt massive damage.

As a side note, holyshit Fervus is stupidly good. Best god to start with, and he even lets you worship lunord too (for assassins/undead assassins). If you haven't tried it yet, start out go with favor of Fervus as a starting trait. Focus on mana production and spam bears early game. Grab a minotaur/halberder/stubborn knight and cast fervus +15 regeneration buff on them (FIFTEEN!) and +60 missile resistance and obliterate all cities. Cast fervus +60 elemental resistance and grab holy lands and clear out other dimensions. If you're having trouble with mana, cast fervus +100% mana regen spell. No other god even comes close.

• JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    So just how fun is this anyone?

• MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Game and its DLC are on sale from Steam for 50% off today. Kind of tempting.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I'll probably pick it up to add it to my gamebank.

It's pretty decent, but bugs (most of them now fixed) and the promise of other 4x games coming out soonish (Fallen Enchantress / Endless Space) has caused my interest to wane.

I do enjoy it significantly more than Civ 5, though I'm in the minority judging by the amount of thread activity it gets.

• MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Oh, I'm quite enjoying the play throughs I'm doing of Fallen Enchantress, but I have to admit that I also quite enjoyed the demo game of Warlock that I tried. Plus, it seems to have multiple worlds and a pretty vibrant design. If I can scrape the cash together I think I will go ahead and bite on this one this weekend.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Wolves of Helia are just broken good. Jesus.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160