As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    What... exactly... is a Borimir Special?

Hobbits?

It is probably something along the lines of chips, donner meat, cheese and gravy.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hey Quizzy what do these costume packs for Tribes cost? Its really stupid they don't list it when you don't have the class unlocked.

Merc skin 675
    Griever skin 975
    Weapon pack 800
    Weapon pack w/ Merc skin 1132
    Weapon pack w/ Greiver skin 1282
    Weapon pack w/ both skins 1620

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    What... exactly... is a Borimir Special?

Hobbits?

It is probably something along the lines of chips, donner meat, cheese and gravy.

*Googles Donner Meat*

Yeah, I would probably eat that then.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    There is a restaurant in Tallahassee name the Hobbit American Grill. That would make a great name for a theme restaurant.

• Options
    I googled donner meat and found this:
    The BBC wrote:
    After a few refreshing ales, the populace of this fair isle like to repair to the nearest purveyor of Mediterranean cuisine and partake of a traditional favourite - the doner kebab.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7841890.stm

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    There is a restaurant in Tallahassee name the Hobbit American Grill. That would make a great name for a theme restaurant.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22885191#Comment_22885191

• Options
    Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular

I'm offended on behalf of all Hobbit Americans.

2LmjIWB.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Blue and gold macaw. He is semi tame but I can not hold him. His chest is a little plucked but not bad.
    There is a 90 percent chance I am going to want to punch this person.

• Options
    Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    This is just too cute. I wish my little one had a friend for life like this
    2cCa9.jpg

d'awwwwww

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

That is the cutest

2LmjIWB.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    This is just too cute. I wish my little one had a friend for life like this
    2cCa9.jpg

d'awwwwww

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

• Options
    There is a long-established UK pub called The Hobbit that got a load of legal threats from the company that bought the rights to Tolkien's works. Sir Ian McKellen and Stephen Fry paid for the licences so they could continue to operate.
    Honestly, sometimes I'm ashamed of the business I'm in. What pointless, self-defeating bullying.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Oh my god that is like a cuteness nuclear bomb.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Oh my God

Those pics of dag and babby

Too stronk

Send

Help

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Carl Sagan was such a boss.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Holy shit the sound effects in Avatar are so aniclimactic.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular

We have a Hobbit Cafe here as well. It was very hippy-ish but the food is good.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    So, did everyone leave to play Tribes?

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I just watched Avengers and all I wanted to say is :^:

Goodnight!

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    So, did everyone leave to play Tribes?

Tribes gets in the way of my drinking and watching Starcraft 2.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

Goodnight!

Wait, Avengers Avengers?

SPOILERS!

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »

Goodnight!

Wait, Avengers Avengers? West coast? Secret? New? Dark? Academy?

SPOILERS!

• Options
    heh, client wants 70k words for at most $1k. I don't write for peanuts, buddy, even without a decent job.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    The only movie I haven't seen Sean Bean die in was "Flightplan", but that movie was so bad he should've killed himself on principle.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I could use 1k, but man 70k words. I have only written up to 30k, and that wasn't very good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    When I wrote complete dreck about surname etymologies and state vital records obtainment methods, I got around 3 cents a word. For a romance novel, which is what this would be, I'd expect at least that much, preferably 5. 1.4 isn't cutting it, particularly not for a project this big.

• Options
    Okay finished episode 3 of Avatar. It's getting good, actually. I prefer when it goes completely serious to the lighthearted moments though.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Okay finished episode 3 of Avatar. It's getting good, actually. I prefer when it goes completely serious to the lighthearted moments though.

Korra or the original? Because both are excellent.

The first takes a bit though. I remember starting out thinking it was an alright anime (Yes I know it is not).

End of season 1 and my wife and I were pissed the whole series wasn't done yet.

Quid on
  • Options

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »

The first takes a bit though. I remember starting out thinking it was an alright anime (Yes I know it is not).

I am glad I was able to watch it all the way through on Netflix. This waiting each week for Korra is killing me.

Actually thanks to the music and well Spikes voice I keep thinking it is Avatar meets Cowboy Bebop.

OMG I know!

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

I am glad I was able to watch it all the way through on Netflix. This waiting each week for Korra is killing me.

Actually thanks to the music and well Spikes voice I keep thinking it is Avatar meets Cowboy Bebop.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Also my next desk I don't want a flimsy little pullout keyboard stand.

Just takes one angry slam and then next thing I know I'm searching for screws on the floor and charging the power drill.

• Options

The original. Will watch Korra afterward if this show gets as good as everyone says.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    just tried out a nord elementalist in guild wars 2.

this game is so rad. It has the public quest system from WAR. and for some reason it doesn't "feel" like a WoW clone like TOR pretended it wasn't or LOTRO did deliberately.

I think it's cause the combat is a lot more actiony. Like not Dynasty Warriors good action but still its enough gloss on the underlying concept to really set it apart.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
  • Options

The original. Will watch Korra afterward if this show gets as good as everyone says.

It was pretty amazing. But really it is the end of the first season that makes the show go from good to HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Now that I think of it, the reason dynasty warriors came to mind when thinking of GW2 is that they keep the camera zoomed in a lot more than WoW or LOTRO. Your character is a lot bigger on the screen (and the art and engine can make that look good). Also, you seem to get a different set of spells / moves for each kind of weapon and there are a heck of a lot of those.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options

It was pretty amazing. But really it is the end of the first season that makes the show go from good to HOLY SHIT THIS IS AMAZING!

Pretty much. Season one is perfectly good, occasionally great animated story. It's the end when people and their situations actually change that it becomes awesome.

So, so awesome.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Anyone know when they put up Legend of Korra eps on the Nick website?

• Options
    I flat out threw money at Amazon for the first season which has them inside 24 hours.

I also have old man cable.

This discussion has been closed.