As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sean Bean was impaled in the making of this [CHAT]

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I really wish it was easier to tell how big a file is before posting it.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    desc are we brobox friends

I play on PC which is apparently the underpopulated side of the fence

is ok

i still lu

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    that makes sense i guess

i like attacking instead of fleeing

perhaps i will do that if i get enough points tonight

Keeps you alive in the middle of an ugly brawl AND it lets you Nova dudes into next week

You will be pleased

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    PA ME3 MP was pretty popular for a while, but it died down the last two weeks a bit. Still I have about 30 PA friends and stuff.
    Best bet for me was asking around in the Steam Chat (PA channel) for games.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Google says the Shanghai image is a composite of 12,000 pictures. Damn.

Edit: as in, damn that's impressive.

MentalExercise on
    "More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    shiiiiiiiiiiit

i just found out the actual plot of the green mile. i thought it was just about a prison.

I knew it featured a prison, but for whatever reason I always thought it dealt with baseball. No, I don't know why.

I walked in about 15-20 minutes into the movie while my mom was watching, and stuck around. To say I was very confused is something of an understatement, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Tamin on
  • Options

That's because PC gamers are the true elite, obviously.

Where does one buy a good monocle polishing cream these days
    wazilla wrote: »

It depends on when you play really! I'm apparently only on when games are in progress or NOBODY in the world is on.

I haven't been playing lately but I need to hop back on more. I am a big fan of ME3 Multi after swearing off Multi shooters. I guess I'm just done capping flags and free for all DMing.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    ABC

Always Be Charging

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    my older brother is doing really shitty. this sucks.

?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    because it means every single time you charge you get your whole barrier back

its retardedly good, especially if you have nova (which uses your barrier...!)

And in later waves it makes charging into large groups of bad guys much less dangerous.

yeah it makes charging your defense option

barrier down, half health, things looking desperate?

CHARGE, MOTHERFUCKER

The best defense is a good offense. And it makes the ABCs of being a Vanguard that much truer.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

I was looking for this! I fucking loved that scene.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    re: vanguards
    If I see one more random pub Vanguard with an assault rifle that isn't charging... Jesus, those kids need a pep talk on the art of the Vanguard.
    Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg
    Baldwin: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that wave you botched, some Phantom that one-shot you, some Guardian that blocked your melee, some turret that you never saw before it downed you. Let's talk about something important. (to Admiral Hackett) Are they all here?

Hackett: All but one.

Baldwin: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) Put that coffee down!! Coffee's for Chargers only. (xXMasterChef98Xx scoffs) Do you think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from Earth. I'm here from Systems Alliance HQ. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's xXMasterChef98Xx?

xXMasterChef98Xx: Yeah.

Baldwin: You call yourself a Vanguard, you son of a bitch?

W33D42069: I don't have to listen to this shit.

Baldwin: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're fired. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one chance to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonight's match. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's contest. As you all know, first prize is three Veteran Packs. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a Recruit Pack. Third prize is you're fired. You get the picture? You're laughing now? You got targets. Systems Alliance HQ paid good money to put you on this planet. Go complete the objectives! You can't hack the computers you're given, you can't hack shit, you ARE shit, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!!!

xXMasterChef98Xx: The Charge's damage is weak.

Baldwin: 'The damage is weak.' Fucking damage is weak? You're weak. I've been in the killing Cerberus mission for fifteen years.

W33D42069: What's your name?

Baldwin: FUCK YOU, that's my name!! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you rode in a frigate to get here tonight, I came in on a Dreadnought. That's my name!! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't close them. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Kill every traitorous scumbag Cerberus son of a bitch you come across! You hear me, you fucking faggots?

(Baldwin flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABC, and CNMR.)

Baldwin: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Charging. Always Be Charging! Always Be Charging!! C-N-M-R. Charge, Nova, Melee, Repeat. Charge – have you fucking charged them yet? Nova – followup that goddamned Charge. You don't go in for the kill and use your Tempest; you fuck or walk. You Nova or you hit the bricks! Melee – give it the personal touch because your fists are better than bullets!! And Repeat. C-N-M-R; get out there!! You got the targets comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Cerberus doesn't walk on the map unless he wants to get murdered by you. Sitting out there waiting to stain your armor with their blood! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? (to W33D42069) What's the problem pal? You. W33D42069.

W33D42069: You're such a hero, you're so badass. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?

(Baldwin sits and lays his Katana X on the table)

Baldwin: You see this shotgun? You see this shotgun?

W33D42069: Yeah.

Baldwin: I got 100,000 points without using it last match. How much you get? You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna work here? Kill Cerberus agents!! (to V3RN3R) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in a Gold match?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the difficulty you got, make myself 15,000 points SOLO! Tonight! In two waves! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! C-N-M-R!! Get mad! You sons of bitches! Get mad!! You know what it takes to be a Vanguard?

brass-balls-gggr1.jpg

Baldwin: It takes brass balls to be a Vanguard.

Baldwin: Go and do likewise, gents. The targets are out there, you kill it, the points are yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those waves tonight and close, close, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to be a Vanguard, it's a tough racket." (he pats a large stack of crates tied together with a big pretty ribbon) These are the new shotguns. These are the non-demo shotguns. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. (he hands the stack to Hackett) They're for Chargers. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to W33D42069 as he puts his Katana X back on his armor) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Systems Alliance HQ asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.
    (He stares at W33D42069 for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Hackett)

• Options
    Feral wrote: »
    ABC

Always Be Charging

Yesss

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    re: vanguards
    If I see one more random pub Vanguard with an assault rifle that isn't charging... Jesus, those kids need a pep talk on the art of the Vanguard.
    Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg
    Baldwin: Let me have your attention for a moment! So you're talking about what? You're talking about...(puts out his cigarette)...bitching about that wave you botched, some Phantom that one-shot you, some Guardian that blocked your melee, some turret that you never saw before it downed you. Let's talk about something important. (to Admiral Hackett) Are they all here?

Hackett: All but one.

Baldwin: Well, I'm going anyway. Let's talk about something important! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) Put that coffee down!! Coffee's for Chargers only. (xXMasterChef98Xx scoffs) Do you think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from Earth. I'm here from Systems Alliance HQ. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's xXMasterChef98Xx?

xXMasterChef98Xx: Yeah.

Baldwin: You call yourself a Vanguard, you son of a bitch?

W33D42069: I don't have to listen to this shit.

Baldwin: You certainly don't pal. 'Cause the good news is -- you're fired. The bad news is you've got, all you got, just one chance to regain your jobs, starting tonight. Starting with tonight's match. Oh, have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this month's contest. As you all know, first prize is three Veteran Packs. Anyone want to see second prize? Second prize's a Recruit Pack. Third prize is you're fired. You get the picture? You're laughing now? You got targets. Systems Alliance HQ paid good money to put you on this planet. Go complete the objectives! You can't hack the computers you're given, you can't hack shit, you ARE shit, hit the bricks pal and beat it 'cause you are going out!!!

xXMasterChef98Xx: The Charge's damage is weak.

Baldwin: 'The damage is weak.' Fucking damage is weak? You're weak. I've been in the killing Cerberus mission for fifteen years.

W33D42069: What's your name?

Baldwin: FUCK YOU, that's my name!! You know why, Mister? 'Cause you rode in a frigate to get here tonight, I came in on a Dreadnought. That's my name!! (to xXMasterChef98Xx) And your name is "you're wanting." And you can't play in a man's game. You can't close them. (at a near whisper) And you go home and tell your wife your troubles. (to everyone again) Because only one thing counts in this life! Kill every traitorous scumbag Cerberus son of a bitch you come across! You hear me, you fucking faggots?

(Baldwin flips over a blackboard which has two sets of letters on it: ABC, and CNMR.)

Baldwin: A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Charging. Always Be Charging! Always Be Charging!! C-N-M-R. Charge, Nova, Melee, Repeat. Charge – have you fucking charged them yet? Nova – followup that goddamned Charge. You don't go in for the kill and use your Tempest; you fuck or walk. You Nova or you hit the bricks! Melee – give it the personal touch because your fists are better than bullets!! And Repeat. C-N-M-R; get out there!! You got the targets comin' in; you think they came in to get out of the rain? Cerberus doesn't walk on the map unless he wants to get murdered by you. Sitting out there waiting to stain your armor with their blood! Are you gonna take it? Are you man enough to take it? (to W33D42069) What's the problem pal? You. W33D42069.

W33D42069: You're such a hero, you're so badass. Why you coming down here and waste your time on a bunch of bums?

(Baldwin sits and lays his Katana X on the table)

Baldwin: You see this shotgun? You see this shotgun?

W33D42069: Yeah.

Baldwin: I got 100,000 points without using it last match. How much you get? You see, pal, that's who I am. And you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you -- go home and play with your kids!! (to everyone) You wanna work here? Kill Cerberus agents!! (to V3RN3R) You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you cocksucker? You can't take this -- how can you take the abuse you get in a Gold match?! You don't like it -- leave. I can go out there tonight with the difficulty you got, make myself 15,000 points SOLO! Tonight! In two waves! Can you? Can you? Go and do likewise! C-N-M-R!! Get mad! You sons of bitches! Get mad!! You know what it takes to be a Vanguard?

brass-balls-gggr1.jpg

Baldwin: It takes brass balls to be a Vanguard.

Baldwin: Go and do likewise, gents. The targets are out there, you kill it, the points are yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those waves tonight and close, close, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my shoes. Bunch of losers sitting around in a bar. (in a mocking weak voice) "Oh yeah, I used to be a Vanguard, it's a tough racket." (he pats a large stack of crates tied together with a big pretty ribbon) These are the new shotguns. These are the non-demo shotguns. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. (he hands the stack to Hackett) They're for Chargers. I'd wish you good luck but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. (to W33D42069 as he puts his Katana X back on his armor) And to answer your question, pal: why am I here? I came here because Systems Alliance HQ asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said, the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.
    (He stares at W33D42069 for a sec, and then picking up his briefcase, goes into inner office with Hackett)

Vanguard with an assault rifle? Trying to parse that sentence. The words have meaning on their own but put together are just nonsense.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    ME3 questions
    which top-tier charge is better? MP and SP, as I imagine there are reasons for both. I went with the biotic damage 5th tier as it seemed i was charge-nova-ing a lot more than charge-shotgun-ing

also in SP are there any quests I ahve to do in a certain timeframe? like the suicide mission in ME2?
    someone answer my questions!
    Barrier full recharge is civilization.

Why is that better than the other one?
    I don't even remember what the other option was. It was some stupid bullshit, like sometimes you don't have to wait for power recharge, or something like that? I remember it was super-unreliable.

• Options
    katana x is the shotgun, thom

• Options
    Charge really is an amazing multi-tool. I mean everyone knows it does damage but it does so much more. It's an amazing defensive power with the barrier increase. But it's also a movement power without equal. I never climb ladders on mine. I just find a dude at the top and charge him.

• Options
    katana x is the shotgun, thom

I know. He mentions pubbies with assault rifles and I'm just trying to figure out why you'd use one on it. Maybe a Falcon for some wacky AoE build.

• Options
    The only Vanguard really viable on a gold is a Krogan. And then only if you're hosting.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i don't know why you'd use assault rifles in general

• Options
    ME3 questions
    which top-tier charge is better? MP and SP, as I imagine there are reasons for both. I went with the biotic damage 5th tier as it seemed i was charge-nova-ing a lot more than charge-shotgun-ing

also in SP are there any quests I ahve to do in a certain timeframe? like the suicide mission in ME2?
    someone answer my questions!
    Barrier full recharge is civilization.

Why is that better than the other one?
    I don't even remember what the other option was. It was some stupid bullshit, like sometimes you don't have to wait for power recharge, or something like that? I remember it was super-unreliable.

25% chance to use it again with no cool down or something to that effect

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    that gigapixel picture thing is incredible

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Charge really is an amazing multi-tool. I mean everyone knows it does damage but it does so much more. It's an amazing defensive power with the barrier increase. But it's also a movement power without equal. I never climb ladders on mine. I just find a dude at the top and charge him.

Charging -- the Vanguard's Segway

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote: »
    my older brother is doing really shitty. this sucks.

?

he's just kind of a mess. he's been real bad with opioids for a few years now, he bounces from job to job, he's grimy, fancies himself a hustler. sleeps on friends' couches, sometimes in parks, in cars. likes fighting.

he's a real train wreck and now he's finally got a sort-of-almost-decent situation where he has a job and he's renting a room (albeit a shitty one). it's not a perfect situation- for instance, he's still around his druggy social circle- but it's the best he's had in a while. and now he's considering just dropping everything to move with his girlfriend of a couple months since she got kicked out and is gonna go live with family in nyc.

he's the sibling with whom i'm closest. well, i guess we're a lot less close than we used to be. this shit sucks.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »

Geth like to cluster.

• Options
    I've heard Turian Soldier + Revenant is pretty great.

And the Falcon used to be fucking amazing.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I really wish it was easier to tell how big a file is before posting it.

Right click > Properties?

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    The only Vanguard really viable on a gold is a Krogan. And then only if you're hosting.
    the human vanguard is viable on gold, but you maybe can't use it traditionally

basically anything a vanguard does sets off a biotic explosion, so if you use it as an attack dog amongst a couple of adepts it can wreck shit

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

filthy lies

Human Vanguard can be just as viable if you're running with a light weapon and low cooldowns. You might not use Nova as often as on Silver difficulty, but if you can keep charging constantly you'll definitely do well.

also, omigod I'm posting in the [chat] thread

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    WAT?

Organichu on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    http://imgur.com/a/0foL5

Mom of a soldier in Afghanistan sent him some shirts...

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I've heard Turian Soldier + Revenant is pretty great.

And the Falcon used to be fucking amazing.
    every time i've used the revenant above bronze i've come out of it depressed

• Options

i was using assault rifles because of the range and precision, but the sheer amount of time and bullets it takes to kill something is frustrating (although i'm using a crappy avenger)

i was astonished how much more damage the Phalanx does, although it's pretty much crap against armour just like the ARs.

i'm hoping to get a light shotgun i can use that doesn't suck. a disciple maybe.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    i assume it's more cost effective for me to save up for the spectre packs?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    <3

http://www.lingerietalk.com/2012/03/26/lingerie-news/were-done-hiding-a-first-lingerie-line-for-transgendered-women.html
    The first collection from this new NYC label represents something of a breakthrough in alternative fashions: the perfectly-named Chrysalis is the first lingerie line designed for, and by, transgender women.

“Speaking from personal experience, I found no products that specifically cater to transgender women. There are some things for cross-dressers and drag queens, but they’re all sexually exploitative."

Now, for the curious, let’s get to the big question: What exactly distinguishes lingerie for the TG market?

Chrysalis will launch this spring with a basics collection of bra-and-panty ensembles in five colors. The power-mesh panty is designed to create a seamless look by using a special panel that “tucks us in,” Cy said, while the bra comes with hidden pockets that hold full-cup inserts to create the appearance of a natural bustline.

The result is a product line versatile enough to work with different body shapes and still achieve traditionally feminine lines. (The models used in Chrysalis‘ promotional photos are all TG women.)

For its founders, though, Chrysalis is about a lot more than fashion: it’s about the politics of acceptance for a misunderstood and maligned community.

“Chrysalis wants to change how transgender people are viewed,” Cy said. “We want to make people look at transgender people as human beings.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Feral wrote: »
    <3

http://www.lingerietalk.com/2012/03/26/lingerie-news/were-done-hiding-a-first-lingerie-line-for-transgendered-women.html
    The first collection from this new NYC label represents something of a breakthrough in alternative fashions: the perfectly-named Chrysalis is the first lingerie line designed for, and by, transgender women.

“Speaking from personal experience, I found no products that specifically cater to transgender women. There are some things for cross-dressers and drag queens, but they’re all sexually exploitative."

Now, for the curious, let’s get to the big question: What exactly distinguishes lingerie for the TG market?

Chrysalis will launch this spring with a basics collection of bra-and-panty ensembles in five colors. The power-mesh panty is designed to create a seamless look by using a special panel that “tucks us in,” Cy said, while the bra comes with hidden pockets that hold full-cup inserts to create the appearance of a natural bustline.

The result is a product line versatile enough to work with different body shapes and still achieve traditionally feminine lines. (The models used in Chrysalis‘ promotional photos are all TG women.)

For its founders, though, Chrysalis is about a lot more than fashion: it’s about the politics of acceptance for a misunderstood and maligned community.

“Chrysalis wants to change how transgender people are viewed,” Cy said. “We want to make people look at transgender people as human beings.

that's p coo

• Options
    edited April 2012
    You actually should buy a bunch of Veteran packs to start. Get a bunch of your mods and base guns maxed out, then kick over to Spectre packs.

Thanatos on
  • Options

elendil was saying that it's a good idea to buy some of the lower packs first

you're more likely to get upgrades for the weapons you have, more quickly, that way

it can help you deal some decent damage earlier (and build up your supply of ammo packs/medigel/equipment for Gold runs, etc)

• Options

i was using assault rifles because of the range and precision, but the sheer amount of time and bullets it takes to kill something is frustrating (although i'm using a crappy avenger)

i was astonished how much more damage the Phalanx does, although it's pretty much crap against armour just like the ARs.

i'm hoping to get a light shotgun i can use that doesn't suck. a disciple maybe.
    eviscerator might be worth a try

it's only a smidge heavier than the disciple now and fairly powerful

the saber is actually pretty decent and fun to use, but like most ARs, it has a long list of downsides and short list of upsides (nearly impossible to level, lots of recoil, heavy as shit, vs. higher mag size and slightly more powerful vs. carnifex; take out the latter vs. the paladin)

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

filthy lies

Human Vanguard can be just as viable if you're running with a light weapon and low cooldowns. You might not use Nova as often as on Silver difficulty, but if you can keep charging constantly you'll definitely do well.

also, omigod I'm posting in the [chat] thread

Oh my god

Oh my god

The chat thread is the big leagues

Don't fuck this up

This discussion has been closed.