Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

DOSbox problem

chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon.Registered User regular
Recently, I bought Syndicate from Good Old Games. Had a standard crash problem. Worked around.

Then, all of the sudden, DOSbox stopped working. Now it boots, but it shows a black screen. Applies to every game I have using DOSbox.

Worked fine until yesterday, and my drivers all seem up to date. Any ideas what's going on?

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    Try reinstalling it.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    Try reinstalling it.

Tried.

No dice.

The games run, but they won't display graphics, except for a second in switching from fullscreen mode.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    Oh, you mean DOSBox works fine until a game starts up? Try changing the rendering option ("output" in the config file) to something else.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Registered User regular
    Oh, you mean DOSBox works fine until a game starts up? Try changing the rendering option ("output" in the config file) to something else.

That should probably work, thanks.

Will try later.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    let us know if it's fixed.

GOG installs a separate instance of DOSBox for each game, one game crashing shouldn't break all of them. Unless you're running the game files from a central DosBox install.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | 3DS: 0130-2805-2850
    camo_sig2.png