As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]Making a new thread for the BWE. See you guys on Aspenwood soon!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    sylvari salad

Now that's an opportunity for a guild name.

• Options
    ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    Silvari Salad Tossers...? D:

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Silvari Salad Tossers...? D:

An all sylvari engineer guild called the "Salad Shooters".

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The Guardian could just get an Agent Orange ranged attack. It wouldn't help against most folks, but it'd instantly clear any Sylvari foliage problems you had.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Every time I see one of those Magic Bullet things in a store I'm like 'man that's a horrible sex toy.'

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    We should plan some kind of event for this BWE. Along with the guild screenshot something like a mass PvP, since a lot of people use the TS during the BWE's why not plan a guild wide PvP event? Have multiple groups go into WvWvW and move as one or smaller strike teams even. As long as we are coordinating and what not, choose like 5 group leaders now and keep them communicating to there groups while castles are taken and towns are raped and pillaged!

• Options
    I was planning on some WuvWuv this weekend. I was just going to go to advertise in the main TS channel and then drop down to the WuvWuv channel.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    With so many people on for the BWEs, it is pretty easy to get something like that going just via guild chat.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Yeah, last bwe things worked pretty nice organically. Just pipe up on ts or guild chat and I'm sure there will be plenty interested.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    Right now the range on the guardian is my only concern and I really want to test out keep sieges with him to see how it works. I also want to play with a support warrior some in the weekend.

• Options
    I dont think anything purely chat based would always work, but could be an option. I was thinking more of a set time/date and having premade groups ready to go with some organization. From what ive seen in WvWvW groups form up and sometimes just go HAM, some group members stray off and do their own things or have different objectives than others. Was looking for a good amount of groups communicating in TS and staying on an objective like raiding smaller towns, avoiding the larger zergs.

• Options
    It's a lot of work to set up a WuvWuv schedule for just one weekend of BWE. I think something ad-hoc is really more appropriate to the event.

When the game releases what you are saying makes a lot of sense to do but for a throw away WuvWuv where the server match-ups will reset daily it seems a bit over kill.

• Options
    Entaru wrote: »
    Right now the range on the guardian is my only concern and I really want to test out keep sieges with him to see how it works. I also want to play with a support warrior some in the weekend.

Well I could see a support Guardian being pretty useful in a siege, even if the damage is limited.

It will be interesting to see how class balance changes this weekend.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    Enig wrote: »

Well I could see a support Guardian being pretty useful in a siege, even if the damage is limited.

It will be interesting to see how class balance changes this weekend.

This is the huge unknown and it's why I'm not changing my main choice yet.

I simply don't know how they perform in WuvWuv and how they'll change with the new build. I can see the support part of it being huge. Especially wall of deflection or sanctuary. I can see a lot of great uses for the skills in taking a keep but it's defending them that I am more worried about and I suppose I could patrol the side walls and back doors and such.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    My current idea for a main is a thief, but that's mostly because I've been playing a lot of Max Payne 3 lately.

• Options
    It's a lot of work to set up a WuvWuv schedule for just one weekend of BWE. I think something ad-hoc is really more appropriate to the event.

When the game releases what you are saying makes a lot of sense to do but for a throw away WuvWuv where the server match-ups will reset daily it seems a bit over kill.

Different strokes for different folks, bwes I wanna try as muich as I can and pvp is a big thing for me. Id like to experience the fighting in open world on a smaller scale and not just the big zerg groups.

I was playing with skill calc trying to come up with a good support guardian, liking the skils from 1h mace/shield combo .

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Guardians role in defending seems to be best used as an enabler for hit and runs out the door. When i spent a little time in wuv wuv defending a keep as a warrior i kept jumping in and out a door. If I had a guardian partner to throw down a shield of deflection when i popped out I could have gotten a lot more done.

• Options
    Draygo wrote: »
    Guardians role in defending seems to be best used as an enabler for hit and runs out the door. When i spent a little time in wuv wuv defending a keep as a warrior i kept jumping in and out a door. If I had a guardian partner to throw down a shield of deflection when i popped out I could have gotten a lot more done.

Hmmm. Good idea.

It's going to be solid in WuvWuv.

If not I'll make it so by showing off my epic hammer skills.

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular

Hmmm. Good idea.

I think Vivi already mentioned Smite being good hitting people on walls when attacking, but it also works well from the wall defending. Just keep smite up under the ram they place at the door and people are a little more cautious with how much they use it.

I played a lot of WuvWuv last BWE and continued my Guardian with teh stress test. Might change it up a little this time around and try another class and stick more to pve.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options

Hmmm. Good idea.

I think Vivi already mentioned Smite being good hitting people on walls when attacking, but it also works well from the wall defending. Just keep smite up under the ram they place at the door and people are a little more cautious with how much they use it.

I played a lot of WuvWuv last BWE and continued my Guardian with teh stress test. Might change it up a little this time around and try another class and stick more to pve.

Smite quickly became one of my top used skills. I was actually surprised when the scepter jumped out ahead as my go to weapon when I was playing during the BWE.

I ran scepter/focus and sword/torch.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    So GW2 is kinda popular. ANet decided to double their servers for BWE2.

http://www.arena.net/blog/were-ready-for-this-weekends-beta

matrix-v3-copy.jpg

In other tech upgrade news, I got a brand new CPU (i5-3570K) and upped my RAM to 8gb. Looking forward to seeing how my PC fares this weekend.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Geez dude, lift a weight, do a push-up, something. My sister has bigger arms than that weenie.

• Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Geez dude, lift a weight, do a push-up, something. My sister has bigger arms than that weenie.

He's in the Matrix, he does not need muscles.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options
    I wish they'd start selling those t-shirts both this version and the white one with the logo.

They'll probably sell a different version to us though so they can have something unique which is ok, I guess. . .

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    I have GW2 preordered on Amazon (since a couple months back or so) and just got an interesting email last night:
    Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order XXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX entitles you to a promotional code.

Your promotional code: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXX-XXXXXXX
    Promotion details:

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for pre-ordering "Guild Wars 2." Your purchase has entitled you to 3-Day Head-start access as well as access to Beta Weekend events. See "Your promotional code" above. How to redeem your code: Go to https://register.guildwars2.com/ and register your serial code. The site will direct you through the registration process.

Additional information on this offer can be found here.

This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com
    Earth's Biggest Selection

So apparently Amazon preorders get the benefits of prepurchase now? I entered the code and instantly got in to the next BWE too (so I guess I'll be seeing most of you next weekend!). I haven't gotten any notice of my card being charged, so I dunno what's going on.

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    I have GW2 preordered on Amazon (since a couple months back or so) and just got an interesting email last night:

Promotion details:

The Amazon Video Games team thanks you for pre-ordering "Guild Wars 2." Your purchase has entitled you to 3-Day Head-start access as well as access to Beta Weekend events. See "Your promotional code" above. How to redeem your code: Go to https://register.guildwars2.com/ and register your serial code. The site will direct you through the registration process.

Amazon.com

So apparently Amazon preorders get the benefits of prepurchase now? I entered the code and instantly got in to the next BWE too (so I guess I'll be seeing most of you next weekend!). I haven't gotten any notice of my card being charged, so I dunno what's going on.

Yeah, this isn't supposed to be happening, but we are aware of it.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited June 2012

Promotion details:

Amazon.com

Their website has updated. It used to say their pre-order bonus was 1 day head start. Now:
    Pre-order Bonus Offer
    Pre-order Guild Wars 2 on PC and get 3-Day Head-start Access to create a Guild Wars 2 account early. The code to setup your Guild Wars 2 account early will be emailed at least a few days before the release of the game. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

am0n on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular

Promotion details:

Amazon.com

Makes sense.

Also yeah that dude needs to pick up (and eat) a heavy sandwich. At least he isn't a tubby nerd with stick arms. Those are the worst.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options

Hmmm. Good idea.

Smite quickly became one of my top used skills. I was actually surprised when the scepter jumped out ahead as my go to weapon when I was playing during the BWE.

I ran with mace/torch or scepter/torch at different times as primary with greatsword as secondary and had an absolute blast in WuvWuv. I have a feeling it's gonna be hard to keep myself from going back to my guardian and WuvWuving it up all weekend.

• Options

Hmmm. Good idea.

I ran with mace/torch or scepter/torch at different times as primary with greatsword as secondary and had an absolute blast in WuvWuv. I have a feeling it's gonna be hard to keep myself from going back to my guardian and WuvWuving it up all weekend.

Consider most of my fears mostly alleviated.

• Options
    eMoandereMoander Registered User regular

Promotion details:

Amazon.com

Yeah, this isn't supposed to be happening, but we are aware of it.
    Thanks for confirming. It definitely didn't feel right, but I figured Amazon just threw some muscle around. Anyways, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't get sorted out until after next weekend! :D

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • Options

Hmmm. Good idea.

Consider most of my fears mostly alleviated.
    The main thing is to stick with a group. Not necessarily the zerg, just a solid 4-5 man group. More can be better, or required for certain things, but I had a lot of fun with Rysk, Mechanizer, Luscious and a few others when we would pull off the main zerg and disrupt supply lines or take little outposts.

• Options

I'm down to try this out in pvp this bwe if you want Draygo, ill be running with a friend elementalist and ill be on a support guardian.

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    __________________/
    Mj2j3.jpg

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Patch those clients up.

Edit: 83k+ files being patched.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Anyone know the support number for A.Net? Maybe @World as Myth? I got a code and applied it to my account, but it changed my username (was a certain 4 digit number before and now it's a different 4 digit number). I am curious as to whether or not it applied correctly and I will still have access to my character from BWE1.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Patch those clients up.

It is a fairly big patch. Don't delay!

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    jmiketjmiket Orlando, FlRegistered User regular
    Alright, that's it!

After vaguely following/trying to ignore this thread, I'm just going to have to prepurchase this game and get in on the upcoming beta weekend. A couple questions if you guys will indulge me...

1. If I prepurchase in the next couple days I will indeed be included in this weekend's beta weekend, right? Or did I already miss the boat on that?

2. Are all races and classes available? Level restrictions?

3. I’m assuming beta characters will be wiped for release, but several recent games have been bucking that trend. So are these throwaway characters or permanent?

4. What’s looking like the most and least popular classes so far? I know this is a bullshit, useless question people ask, but you can’t fight your own nature, am I right?

5. How much fun am I going to have? A lot, right?

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Enig wrote: »
    Patch those clients up.

It is a fairly big patch. Don't delay!

Whelp, looks like the patch is done. Might as well start the ga-

Oh, wait. Damnit.
    jmiket wrote: »
    Alright, that's it!

After vaguely following/trying to ignore this thread, I'm just going to have to prepurchase this game and get in on the upcoming beta weekend. A couple questions if you guys will indulge me...

1. If I prepurchase in the next couple days I will indeed be included in this weekend's beta weekend, right? Or did I already miss the boat on that?

3. I’m assuming beta characters will be wiped for release, but several recent games have been bucking that trend. So are these throwaway characters or permanent?

4. What’s looking like the most and least popular classes so far? I know this is a bullshit, useless question people ask, but you can’t fight your own nature, am I right?

1) Yes, as long as you get registered before Friday you should be fine, and even then you can probably play on the same day.
    2) Everyone that isn't a sylvari or an asura. Level goes up to 35 I believe, not sure if it can go any higher this weekend.
    3) Unless something happens, these will be throwaways.
    4) See here

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    jmiket wrote: »
    Alright, that's it!

1. Should be able to with no problem.

2. Yes all classes 3 races. No level restrictions but the highest zone is new and will only have content to 35 or so. So you'd have to grind in all the lower areas or go to WuvWuv to get higher than that. A feat that would be hard to do in a weekend anyway.

3. throwaway.

4. It's actually pretty even. Whatever you play you'll see a lot of.

5. All the fun will belong to you. ALL of it.

Seidkona on
This discussion has been closed.