As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Making a new thread for the BWE. See you guys on Aspenwood soon!

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    jmiket wrote: »
    5. How much fun am I going to have? A lot, right?

All of it. All of the fun.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Entaru wrote: »
    Alright, that's it!

After vaguely following/trying to ignore this thread, I'm just going to have to prepurchase this game and get in on the upcoming beta weekend. A couple questions if you guys will indulge me...

1. If I prepurchase in the next couple days I will indeed be included in this weekend's beta weekend, right? Or did I already miss the boat on that?

2. Are all races and classes available? Level restrictions?

3. I’m assuming beta characters will be wiped for release, but several recent games have been bucking that trend. So are these throwaway characters or permanent?

4. What’s looking like the most and least popular classes so far? I know this is a bullshit, useless question people ask, but you can’t fight your own nature, am I right?

1. Should be able to with no problem.

2. Yes all races and classes. No level restrictions but the highest zone is new and will only have content to 35 or so. So you'd have to grind in all the lower areas or go to WuvWuv to get higher than that. A feat that would be hard to do in a weekend anyway.

3. throwaway.

4. It's actually pretty even. Whatever you play you'll see a lot of.

5. All the fun will belong to you. ALL of it.

Just to note: sylvari and asura races are not available.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Enig wrote: »
    Alright, that's it!

After vaguely following/trying to ignore this thread, I'm just going to have to prepurchase this game and get in on the upcoming beta weekend. A couple questions if you guys will indulge me...

1. If I prepurchase in the next couple days I will indeed be included in this weekend's beta weekend, right? Or did I already miss the boat on that?

2. Are all races and classes available? Level restrictions?

3. I’m assuming beta characters will be wiped for release, but several recent games have been bucking that trend. So are these throwaway characters or permanent?

4. What’s looking like the most and least popular classes so far? I know this is a bullshit, useless question people ask, but you can’t fight your own nature, am I right?

1. Should be able to with no problem.

2. Yes all races and classes. No level restrictions but the highest zone is new and will only have content to 35 or so. So you'd have to grind in all the lower areas or go to WuvWuv to get higher than that. A feat that would be hard to do in a weekend anyway.

3. throwaway.

4. It's actually pretty even. Whatever you play you'll see a lot of.

5. All the fun will belong to you. ALL of it.

Just to note: sylvari and asura races are not available.

oh right. I'm so used to this I forgot that part. . . Fixed the original post.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    Does anyone have an idea of how large the client download is?

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Looking at the .dat file, I'm guessing approximately 13.4 gigs.

That's not including the 1.5+ gig patch I'm downloading now.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    Thanks.

Now to sit and hope that my crappy internet can manage that by Friday evening.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2012
    Is this a complete client redownload or something? Eyeballing it to 7-8 gigs.

Echo on
    edited June 2012
    Look on the bright side! This means there'll be less to download later, when the full game comes out.

Although now I'm starting to think 25 gigs was an underestimation of the entire game's size.

TolerantZero on
    Hey, it's downloading downloaded at 8 megs/second, I don't care much. :P

• World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    Anyone know the support number for A.Net? Maybe @World as Myth? I got a code and applied it to my account, but it changed my username (was a certain 4 digit number before and now it's a different 4 digit number). I am curious as to whether or not it applied correctly and I will still have access to my character from BWE1.

Hmm, that sounds like a pretty weird issue. Support goes through http://support.guildwars2.com/

kQwcZLJ.png
  • jmiketjmiket Orlando, FlRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the info, guys. Looking at the census chart, it DOES look pretty even class wise. I'm a little surprised engineer is the least played class. I thought a lot of people were excited about them.

Thanks for the info, guys. Looking at the census chart, it DOES look pretty even class wise. I'm a little surprised engineer is the least played class. I thought a lot of people were excited about them.

The complexity and perceived lack of turret power is probably turning people off. Plus the technological focus is not everyone's cup of tea.

It's going to be my first alt though and still has a chance at becoming my main. I usually way over analyse class choice.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    There's a bigger patch out? I recently ran my launcher and it updated what I thought was a patch from stress test.

Yeah, it must have been recent. I'm at 3.2 gigs right now.

edited June 2012
    I think they put it through today. I'm at 3.8gb so far, so it is a pretty major update.

Current GW2 folder is 14gb total.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Anyone know the support number for A.Net? Maybe @World as Myth? I got a code and applied it to my account, but it changed my username (was a certain 4 digit number before and now it's a different 4 digit number). I am curious as to whether or not it applied correctly and I will still have access to my character from BWE1.

Hmm, that sounds like a pretty weird issue. Support goes through http://support.guildwars2.com/

@World as Myth

Thanks. The link on your website:

http://www.arena.net/contact/

Links you to support.guildwars.com, which is invalid. Figured it would be worthwhile to update that to the link you just provided me.

am0n on
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    Here's hoping I don't lose sound after 1-5 minutes forcing me to restart the client to get it back anymore.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Guys, I know this was an issue last time but please leave WaM alone about tech support issues. I'm sure WaM loves us all and wants us all to have a great experience but she is here as a forum member first, not an arenanet dev. Please take support issues up the proper channels first. (Last time she answered a few tech support things, she got her box flooded on the forums, not so fun).

• warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Looking forward to the weekend. Almost done downloading the updates to the client.

steam_sig.png
    Draygo wrote: »
    Guys, I know this was an issue last time but please leave WaM alone about tech support issues. I'm sure WaM loves us all and wants us all to have a great experience but she is here as a forum member first, not an arenanet dev. Please take support issues up the proper channels first. (Last time she answered a few tech support things, she got her box flooded on the forums, not so fun).

I tried. But their proper channel was broken. Fortunately, WaM was able to provide me with a correct link to their support channel.

I'm just putting it out there as a general statement to hopefully stop Wam's box from getting flooded again.

:)

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Stop being awful, you monkeys!

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I'm just putting it out there as a general statement to hopefully stop Wam's box from getting flooded again.

must... resist... urge to in-joke...

nnnnnnnnghhhhhhhhh

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    Shhhhh

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    it's your fault

I know!

I am sure I will make a remark to her about it when we hang out later this year

and we'll be all "oh, that Draygo and his poor/excellent word-choice"

Quiet you! Only you would see it that way. Huph!

On another note, yeah! gw2 patch done downloading, commence login music!

Well, now that Viv pointed it out, all of us can only see it one way.

Tsk, tsk, Draygo.

These last three days can't go by fast enough.

Watching one of those press vids from last week. I like the new dodge and boon UI, looks much better.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Watching one of those press vids from last week. I like the new dodge and boon UI, looks much better.

Wait , what??? New dodge ??!

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
    DigitalSyn wrote: »

The dodge bar is now above the health bubble in a half circle above it.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote: »

The dodge bar is now above the health bubble in a half circle above it.

I approve.

488W936.png
    Yeah it is a thin little bar around the top edge of the health bubble. Clear, but small enough that it isn't taking up more space than necessary.

That makes room over the right side of the skill bar for the boons, which now also show the duration. 8-)

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Yeah it is a thin little bar around the top edge of the health bubble. Clear, but small enough that it isn't taking up more space than necessary.

That makes room over the right side of the skill bar for the boons, which now also show the duration. 8-)

Nice I see it now

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular

@World as Myth

Thanks. The link on your website:

http://www.arena.net/contact/

Links you to support.guildwars.com, which is invalid. Figured it would be worthwhile to update that to the link you just provided me.

Noted! I'll get this fixed asap. Thanks.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • jmiketjmiket Orlando, FlRegistered User regular
    I'm going to assume that everyone in this thread had to download the client twice because the first time they selected "Run" instead of "Save."

Please don't contradict this assumption.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular

Am I a bad man for wondering if it's like this now, what's going to happen come release?

/ducks

edited June 2012
    And a new launcher + another 3100-ish files, 150 megs or so.

Yes, I'm checking once or twice a day.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.