As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Making a new thread for the BWE. See you guys on Aspenwood soon!

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Honestly if they fixed overflow and the pvp browser keeping parties together, as long as they have all the content finished, they can just release this bad boy.

We know they fixed other complaints like the key modifiers.

edit: Just some wishful thinking. Obviously devs gonna dev and all that.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Honestly if they fixed overflow and the pvp browser keeping parties together, as long as they have all the content finished, they can just release this bad boy.

Yah! Actually, I am really excited that they are taking a lot of the criticisms to heart and fixing them.

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
    edited June 2012
    Arenanet wrote:
    Improved Overflow Servers

We listened to a lot of the input we received from players regarding their experience with overflow servers in the first Beta Weekend Event, and we’ve implemented a new party UI that tells you when party members are on a different overflow world. We’ve also given party members the ability to fast travel to overflow worlds where other members of their party are located, and we’ve made it easier to keep party members together when moving between maps. It’s all designed to give you as smooth an experience as possible.

Welp, that's awesome.

Edit: from http://www.arena.net/blog/the-big-beta-weekend-preview

Seidkona on
  • TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Patching mine now, taking quite a bit of time.

Just read the post Arenanet put up on Facebook, liking the sound of a lot of changes they have made. Cant wait to get in there and PvP my heart away.
    Unlock the Mysteries of the Mystic Forge

On a less dangerous note, the Mystic Forge has arrived in Lion’s Arch. This strange forge actually holds the imprisoned djinn Zommoros, who hails from distant Elona. If you offer the Mystic Forge gifts (like unneeded items and weapons), you will receive a gift in return. Got a pair of pistols that you don’t need? Drop them in the Mystic Forge and see what Zommoros gives you in exchange!

Triiipledot on
  • am0nam0n Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Entaru wrote: »
    Arenanet wrote:
    Improved Overflow Servers

We listened to a lot of the input we received from players regarding their experience with overflow servers in the first Beta Weekend Event, and we’ve implemented a new party UI that tells you when party members are on a different overflow world. We’ve also given party members the ability to fast travel to overflow worlds where other members of their party are located, and we’ve made it easier to keep party members together when moving between maps. It’s all designed to give you as smooth an experience as possible.

Welp, that's awesome.

Edit: from http://www.arena.net/blog/the-big-beta-weekend-preview

I have to wonder, if one person is on the real server, and the rest are on overflows, can the person on the real server go to an overflow? Or is transfer only from one overflow to the next? Also, if you can choose to go to the overflow with your team, will the game attempt to place all of you in queue for the actual world as a group (i.e. when room opens for X players as opposed to just 1)?

Edit: Also, that article expands on the "Skill Tiers." To note, it doesn't say "Trait Tiers," (or show traits, but skills) which is what I thought the previous iteration of that discussion said. So, assuming they just tiered the skills and not the traits, I do not object.

am0n on
    Patching mine now, taking quite a bit of time.

Just read the post Arenanet put up on Facebook, liking the sound of a lot of changes they have made. Cant wait to get in there and PvP my heart away.
    Unlock the Mysteries of the Mystic Forge

On a less dangerous note, the Mystic Forge has arrived in Lion’s Arch. This strange forge actually holds the imprisoned djinn Zommoros, who hails from distant Elona. If you offer the Mystic Forge gifts (like unneeded items and weapons), you will receive a gift in return. Got a pair of pistols that you don’t need? Drop them in the Mystic Forge and see what Zommoros gives you in exchange!

For anyone who uses the forge, write down what you put in and what you go out. We can see if it is random or deterministic!

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    I'm really sad that I'll only be able to play like 3 hours on Friday and that's it. Sounds like they're adding some interesting stuff. I'll definitely have to check out the new stuff in WvW.

• UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    Anet always has, Guild Wars 1 is a very good example of that.

Fantastic
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see how things feel after the "weight of combat" improvements. That was one of my bigger gripes last bwe.

ECOED.jpg
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I hope they made the game run better. You know, actually use the GPU and all.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Avynte wrote: »
    I can't wait to see how things feel after the "weight of combat" improvements. That was one of my bigger gripes last bwe.

Wait are they making not look like you're floating around when you move? Because that would be nice.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    I wholeheartedly approve of that improvement list.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    No news on increased player caps in guilds. We should be ready for an overflow guild in gw2 for PA people.

Draygo wrote: »
    No news on increased player caps in guilds. We should be ready for an overflow guild in gw2 for PA people.
    Id hope to see at least 300 cap, hopefully in retail it will be upped. Should we break into se++ and g&t?

No, just PA and PA overflow

If the cap doesn't go up and no one's done it by the time I get home on friday (about 5pm est) I don't mind setting up the overflow guild.

• MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012

I'd Split it Pve and Pvp.

I know every other person does both (think i pvped for about 30 min last bwe) but id feel less like "Pa main guys and ... the other".

If you want to keep the community together, there's these forums and the team speak server.

Marslo on
  • World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular

Wait are they making not look like you're floating around when you move? Because that would be nice.

I've had several extensive conversations about this. It's hard to nail down exactly why it happens; it's a combination of the animation timing and the physics of movement. Right now, I think it looks that way because the running-start animation begins no matter what kind of action you're taking, whether it's a strafe or a quick little bump ahead or whatever, and there's no variation in runspeed - you're either moving or you're not, with no acceleration/deceleration. That gives kind of a slidey sensation. There are reasons it was done that way, and you can see how it might be a difficult thing to tackle - but it's something that bugs me too, for what it's worth.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Marslo wrote: »

I know every other person does both (think i pvped for about 30 min last bwe) but id feel less like "Pa main guys and ... the other".

If you want to keep the community together, there's these forums and the team speak server.

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't split it between PvP and PvE. As you said, there are quite a bit of people who will play both, so it will be counterproductive to have people in both guilds when space is an issue.

If it turns out that an increase in guild size won't happen by the time the game comes out, we will need a second guild. As long as it's not advertised as the "Overflow Guild", we should be fine.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321

I know what you mean, but I wouldn't split it between PvP and PvE. As you said, there are quite a bit of people who will play both, so it will be counterproductive to have people in both guilds when space is an issue.

If it turns out that an increase in guild size won't happen by the time the game comes out, we will need a second guild. As long as it's not advertised as the "Overflow Guild", we should be fine.

Ok. I'll change the name. . . geeze.

:lol:

edited June 2012
    How about "We Are Nicer Guys"? "We Aren't Nice Guys"?

TolerantZero on
    No, just PA and PA overflow

WANG and WANG.

What a Nice Guild and We are Nice Guys.

Totally not an Overflow Guild.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2012

I've had several extensive conversations about this. It's hard to nail down exactly why it happens; it's a combination of the animation timing and the physics of movement. Right now, I think it looks that way because the running-start animation begins no matter what kind of action you're taking, whether it's a strafe or a quick little bump ahead or whatever, and there's no variation in runspeed - you're either moving or you're not, with no acceleration/deceleration. That gives kind of a slidey sensation. There are reasons it was done that way, and you can see how it might be a difficult thing to tackle - but it's something that bugs me too, for what it's worth.

So basically they would have to make movement action game style with inertia and acceleration/deceleration to match the animations, or they could make the animations simplistic like WoW. In the middle ground you get the slight mismatch and complaints from people who don't consider why it is that way. I figure the animators are aware of it more than anyone. I don't see how they could miss it with their expertise, and I'm sure they would want to eliminate it if they could. I'm not an expert so maybe there is some trickery they can employ, but it seems like it won't ever be perfect with the MMO movement style.

Personally I like the animations and I can accept that it won't be perfect given the way MMO movement works. It is worth the trade-off to get the animation quality.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    edited June 2012

I would agree with this, but really only for the BWE (and only because I am greedy). I know I (and there are others) plan to power through to level 35 to try out the dungeon, and having other people with the same goal easily accessible (if there isn't a way to easily communicate with everyone in the other guild they aren't really easily accessible, as not everyone will be on TS) helps. Come release, I think it is less of a concern and more the ability to set up a chat channel or something so that everyone in all the guilds can communicate.

am0n on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    We already have one incorrect guild name. Didn't we decide on What a Nice Guild and we ended up We Are Nice Guys?

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    We already have one incorrect guild name. Didn't we decide on What a Nice Guild and we ended up We Are Nice Guys?

Someone stole the guild name from us last time so we ended up sticking with the old handle. And seeing as our character still exist, the guild must then still exist and be overflowing still. Hence we will need one and perhaps two more overflow PA guilds to handle the networking, if anyone is down for that. And maybe set up a chat channel if possible.

488W936.png
    edited June 2012
    Phenyhelm and the Overflows? :p

Edit: we can sing in front of the lions arch fountain.

Seidkona on
    ArenaNet Give Us Alliances Now

Can we take out any alts that people placed in main guild and put them in the second guild. Don't be greedy, one toon per main guild?

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Can we take out any alts that people placed in main guild and put them in the second guild. Don't be greedy, one toon per main guild?

Alts can represent guilds independant of taking up more then one spot in the guild. You put your main in the guild, and your alts automatically hold the same spot and rank in the guild when you choose to represent the guild on that character.

The only people we will be removing from the guild are inactive characters and people not in this BWE, since not everyone pre-purchased.

488W936.png
    To put it plainly, you join guilds by account not by character.

To put it plainly, you join guilds by account not by character.

Ah thanks.

Yeah we should really be using accounts when talking about guild membership, otherwise it gets confusing. Corehealer and I will be purging inactive accounts from the guild to make some room.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    If the guild cap hasn't changed, I think we should boot anyone who hasn't logged in by, say, midnight Friday (maybe earlier or later, open to discussion) to free up space as a temporary measure.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
    is the cap people representing the guild, or just people who can potentially represent the guild?

Potential people. Even if you aren't representing the guild, you're still part of the roster.

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Enig wrote: »
    If the guild cap hasn't changed, I think we should boot anyone who hasn't logged in by, say, midnight Friday (maybe earlier or later, open to discussion) to free up space as a temporary measure.

I agree, but I'm not sure if there's a way to tell when a user last logged in? I couldn't find anything last stress test. The best method might be to just kick users as needed, if we just stick to one guild.

Still, I really really hope they just up the limit.

Geod wrote: »

I agree, but I'm not sure if there's a way to tell when a user last logged in? I couldn't find anything last stress test. The best method might be to just kick users as needed, if we just stick to one guild.

I believe if you clicked an arow on the different roster categores it would switch what it filtered by. Friday by midnight seems unfair as some work, I know I won't be on until at least 10pm Friday. What about the people in multiple guilds who rep the other ones and are just taking space in PA main.

Geod wrote: »

I believe if you clicked an arow on the different roster categores it would switch what it filtered by. Friday by midnight seems unfair as some work, I know I won't be on until at least 10pm Friday. What about the people in multiple guilds who rep the other ones and are just taking space in PA main.

It's going to be difficult but I'm sure we can figure something out Friday in TS3 chat.

488W936.png
This discussion has been closed.