As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Making a new thread for the BWE. See you guys on Aspenwood soon!

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    Enig wrote: »
    If the guild cap hasn't changed, I think we should boot anyone who hasn't logged in by, say, midnight Friday (maybe earlier or later, open to discussion) to free up space as a temporary measure.

I agree, but I'm not sure if there's a way to tell when a user last logged in? I couldn't find anything last stress test. The best method might be to just kick users as needed, if we just stick to one guild.

Still, I really really hope they just up the limit.

I believe if you clicked an arow on the different roster categores it would switch what it filtered by. Friday by midnight seems unfair as some work, I know I won't be on until at least 10pm Friday. What about the people in multiple guilds who rep the other ones and are just taking space in PA main.

People who are still on other servers, or aren't repping the PA guild, should be removed IMO.

IF we did go to two guilds, I think the best method still might be two separate SE and G&T guilds. I don't like it, and don't want it, but that's an option that was discussed before, and I believe Viv had said the plan was to do separate guilds for BWE2.

For GW1, when that launched, KCHS filled up to the guild limit, so another guild was formed, Obsidian Spur. I imagine we'd have to do something similar to that. I guarantee you though, later in GW2's lifecycle, the two guilds would become one again as people quit playing (if the cap stays at 100).

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    If the guild cap hasn't changed, I think we should boot anyone who hasn't logged in by, say, midnight Friday (maybe earlier or later, open to discussion) to free up space as a temporary measure.

I agree, but I'm not sure if there's a way to tell when a user last logged in? I couldn't find anything last stress test. The best method might be to just kick users as needed, if we just stick to one guild.

I believe if you clicked an arow on the different roster categores it would switch what it filtered by. Friday by midnight seems unfair as some work, I know I won't be on until at least 10pm Friday. What about the people in multiple guilds who rep the other ones and are just taking space in PA main.

People who are still on other servers, or aren't repping the PA guild, should be removed IMO.

IF we did go to two guilds, I think the best method still might be two separate SE and G&T guilds. I don't like it, and don't want it, but that's an option that was discussed before, and I believe Viv had said the plan was to do separate guilds for BWE2.

For GW1, when that launched, KCHS filled up to the guild limit, so another guild was formed, Obsidian Spur. I imagine we'd have to do something similar to that. I guarantee you though, later in GW2's lifecycle, the two guilds would become one again as people quit playing (if the cap stays at 100).

If we are going to suggest separate groups for BWE2, would it make sense to do it PvP/PvE, as another mentioned, instead of sub forum?

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    It should just be overflow. Its much easier than having to poll everyone currently in the guild if they are primarily SE or primarily G&T or both. or PvP inclined or PvE inclined etc.

If we dont have room, they join the second guild. Simple. If someone wants to switch to the second guild we can facilitate that as well for those that want to stay with their forum friends.

Draygo on
    am0n wrote: »

If we are going to suggest separate groups for BWE2, would it make sense to do it PvP/PvE, as another mentioned, instead of sub forum?

I still disagree on the PvP/PvE split. Almost everyone is going to do some PvP and some PvE. It doesn't make sense to me. It would make more sense in my mind to just do either the sub forum, or just a general split - half the group goes here, half the group goes there. I'm still of the mindset though, that we just kick people as needed before we decide to split (unless SE goes through the plan of having a separate guild that was the original plan for BWE2).

At least no matter what we do, we still have the TS channel to coordinate even if everyone isn't in guild chat. Just make sure the guild tags are the same or something too, so people can easily recognize "guild" mates.

And yes, consider this a general reminder to get your TS setup before friday, I also do not know the status of the teamspeak overlay issues if they are resolved or not. Entaru will be checking that out. (Ninja volunteer!)

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I can check it out. No problem.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    I'll play with it too if I get a chance. One of my monitors died so it would be really helpful.

edited June 2012
    I agree with Draygo on the overflow guild. We have a total of 2.5 days of play time here. We can't be doing all kinds of crazy specialty splits for guilds.

Overflow is nice and simple.

Seidkona on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I would much rather split by sub forum than by activity. I guild to play with people whose company I enjoy, and obviously I vastly prefer the company of the clever and good-looking G&T folks, rather than the dullars from SE.

What is this I don't even.
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i would bet that most people in se++ would also rather split by subforum than by activity fwiw

hopefully they just don't cap the guild sizes :)

also does anyone know of a place to scrounge for a spare beta code? a friend wants one : x

also does anyone know of a place to scrounge for a spare beta code? a friend wants one : x

The GW2 twitter feed keeps spitting out places to try and get some, but usually you have to win them :\

Good luck. There were a lot of events, but most were just 20 codes. Massively supposedly had "a ton," but most of them came up as invalid and it was a real clusterfuck to try and get any.

edited June 2012
    haha yeah not gonna bother then
    thanks for the quick response guys :)

see you in game in a couple days!!

unintentional on
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Patching mine now, taking quite a bit of time.

Just read the post Arenanet put up on Facebook, liking the sound of a lot of changes they have made. Cant wait to get in there and PvP my heart away.
    Unlock the Mysteries of the Mystic Forge

On a less dangerous note, the Mystic Forge has arrived in Lion’s Arch. This strange forge actually holds the imprisoned djinn Zommoros, who hails from distant Elona. If you offer the Mystic Forge gifts (like unneeded items and weapons), you will receive a gift in return. Got a pair of pistols that you don’t need? Drop them in the Mystic Forge and see what Zommoros gives you in exchange!

Wood chipper?

what a happy day it is
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Holy hell, how big is this patch? I'm at 1.6GB and I'm maybe 1/4 of the way through.

When i got to the login screen i noticed all my graphics options had been reset.

@corehealer @geod @entaru @enig lets ts

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    My updater keeps crashing.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Avynte wrote: »
    I can't wait to see how things feel after the "weight of combat" improvements. That was one of my bigger gripes last bwe.

Wait are they making not look like you're floating around when you move? Because that would be nice.

I've had several extensive conversations about this. It's hard to nail down exactly why it happens; it's a combination of the animation timing and the physics of movement. Right now, I think it looks that way because the running-start animation begins no matter what kind of action you're taking, whether it's a strafe or a quick little bump ahead or whatever, and there's no variation in runspeed - you're either moving or you're not, with no acceleration/deceleration. That gives kind of a slidey sensation. There are reasons it was done that way, and you can see how it might be a difficult thing to tackle - but it's something that bugs me too, for what it's worth.
    Just thought I would give my observation on this.
    Basically what wam said is the jist of it. Animations have transitions in movement such as starting slowing down and going from jump to run. However the actual change of direction / speed is instant. When you look like you are taking a slow, small step before you begin running but are moving at a full run speed immediately your feet simply don't match the ground.
    There really isn't a way to fix this other than changing one of two things. Either remove the transition animations (which would go against what the animators worked hard to accomplish) or add delays to movement to match the realistic animation. The latter would bee the most likely but this would make the game sluggish, unresponsive, and boring.the complete opposite of the action packed game we currently have.
    The best that could be done would be to lessen the impact of the transition animations by speeding them up and shortening their duration.however the more you do so , the more you remove the existence of something the animators worked hard on.
    The simple explanation I came up with is you can't mix realistic animations with unrealistic movement. Unfortunately unrealistic movement is required to make a game like this fun. So shrugface.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Yeah that is what I figured myself. I prefer having the fancy animations, even if it means some minor mismatch. Overall I like the animations a lot.

Anyway, there's a brief interview about the BWE2 changes at Massively: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06/05/massively-exclusive-eric-flannum-talks-guild-wars-2-beta-change/

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Yeah I found your post after I typed that all up on my phone :(

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    ::pokes head up above water::

Yeah, I haven't heard back from my NCSoft contact about whether the guild cap is changing. I've been crazy busy with E3 and I suspect he's been crazy busy prepping for the BWE.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • HewnHewn Registered User regular
    I love the announced changes. Mystic Forge has me hot and bothered. And they did a great job fixing overflow/party issues so quickly. I'm impressed with the number of fixes and improvements in such a short period of time.

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I would much rather split by sub forum than by activity. I guild to play with people whose company I enjoy, and obviously I vastly prefer the company of the clever and good-looking G&T folks, rather than the dullars from SE.

>:[
    i would bet that most people in se++ would also rather split by subforum than by activity fwiw

hopefully they just don't cap the guild sizes :)

I, for one, am against the sub-forum split. I enjoy playing with GnT folks just as much as I enjoy playing with SE++ folks. And yes there are people I'd rather NOT play with from both camps, but I'm generally an easy-going person, so it's whatevs.

I remain supportive of the PvP/PvE split because of the fact that you can switch rosters whenver you want. So if you're in the mood for PvP, pop into the PvP guild to see what's happening. If you're in the mood for PvE, swap to the PvE guild to group up. That way it makes PvE and PvP planning a bit easier - so you can still PLAY PvE while you're in the PvP guild waiting for something PvP-related to happen or be organised, but it's just to show what you're LOOKING to do rather than what you are necessarily DOING at the moment.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    I would agree with Viv, splitting it via forums just isn't cool, especially given there are those of us who frequent both.

Fantastic
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Very much agreed, far more simple to do a split between PvE and PvP.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    Very much agreed, far more simple to do a split between PvE and PvP.

Yeah, I definitely prefer the PvP/E split idea.

IKknkhU.gif
  • devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    So is there WvWvW going on during the whole weekend? If so, sign me up for some of that.

Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

Okay that was silly of me, but yes there will be. They also added a ton of stuff to the WvW areas. Skill challenges, jumping puzzles, and the dungeon that exists underground in the middle of the central map.

• QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    So when I got a BWE key from some site, and entered it, it asked me for my GW1 e-mail, which it then promptly told me wasn't a GW1 e-mail. I assume since I couldn't get it to link, if I can't get support to help, I won't get any of my HoM stuff when GW2 launches? Or can we not even link them right now and I shouldn't worry about it... (I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get HoM stuff in Beta anyways, but it asked to link, so figured I'd ask.)

Quintessin wrote: »
    So when I got a BWE key from some site, and entered it, it asked me for my GW1 e-mail, which it then promptly told me wasn't a GW1 e-mail. I assume since I couldn't get it to link, if I can't get support to help, I won't get any of my HoM stuff when GW2 launches? Or can we not even link them right now and I shouldn't worry about it... (I'm pretty sure we wouldn't get HoM stuff in Beta anyways, but it asked to link, so figured I'd ask.)

When it asks for your GW1 email, it means your login for it. Y'know how you had to do your NCsoft username with @ncsoft.com after it?

• QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I tried everything, tried the GW1 login e-mail, tried the e-mail to the master account, eventually just gave up. Guess I should get ahold of support and figure out wtf happened?

or since it didn't link to anything, will I be able to do that later? Or is that a 'at creation or never' kind of thing. Just asking while I wait a week for a response from Support, heh.

Quintessin on
  • MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I remain supportive of the PvP/PvE split because of the fact that you can switch rosters whenver you want. So if you're in the mood for PvP, pop into the PvP guild to see what's happening. If you're in the mood for PvE, swap to the PvE guild to group up. That way it makes PvE and PvP planning a bit easier - so you can still PLAY PvE while you're in the PvP guild waiting for something PvP-related to happen or be organised, but it's just to show what you're LOOKING to do rather than what you are necessarily DOING at the moment.

From what i understand the membership limit is 100, not a limit of 100 people representing the guild at that given time. You can have 200 people and will only be able to fit 100 of them in both guilds.

In my opinion i think this is a design choice by arenanet. In a way, guilds is less diluted and more focused on a certain aspect of the game.

I know, not everyone is happy about this, but we will have to make a split at some point. So like suggested before. Lets at least start with a Pve/Pvp, test how that works out (hey thats what beta is for ) and go from there. Or we can even have one Pve/pvp guild, as are main and two pvp/pve focused guilds.

I'm also curious to know how other large communities are dealing with this.

Marslo on
    I'm fairly certain they will be raising the cap substantially before release.

• AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    It's too bad we can't just have a custom "penny arcade" chat channel as that would solve our in game communication issues.

ECOED.jpg
  • MarsloMarslo is, the dirty frenchmen MontrealRegistered User regular
    It's too bad we can't just have a custom "penny arcade" chat channel as that would solve our in game communication issues.

there's allways irc.

edited June 2012
    Vivixenne wrote: »

This is the problem, I think. I asked earlier if the cap was on people representing the guild, or potentially able to represent. What I was told is it's on people able to represent. Therefore, we won't be able to be a reserve in both guilds and just represent the one they want if the cap remains low. We'll be able to only be in one.

If they don't raise the cap, hopefully they do add custom channels. As for the split, my preference of PvE/PvP for BWE2 was based on greed (I want to readily be able to find people to PvE with so I can make it to 35 and run the dungeon). Come release, I have no preference as long as I'm not the only person in G&T who PvE's (a lot).

am0n on
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Two more daaaaays....maybe I'll finish DeuxEx: HR before then.

steejee on
    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic

We do. It's a TS3 server.

Entaru wrote: »

We do. It's a TS3 server.

Isn't that cap lower than 100?

This discussion has been closed.