As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Making a new thread for the BWE. See you guys on Aspenwood soon!

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    Avynte wrote: »
    It's too bad we can't just have a custom "penny arcade" chat channel as that would solve our in game communication issues.

We do. It's a TS3 server.

Isn't that cap lower than 100?

No.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    am0n wrote: »
    Avynte wrote: »
    It's too bad we can't just have a custom "penny arcade" chat channel as that would solve our in game communication issues.

We do. It's a TS3 server.

Isn't that cap lower than 100?

No.

From what I recall, Draygo can basically make it whatever he wants/needs to.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    As someone who intends to do both, I think a pve/pvp split is silly.

My vote is for the subforum split. I can deal with the dicks jokes in g&t. SE++ is a dick joke.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Man I had no idea there was that kind of hate between G&T and SE++. Disappointing to see, really. :c

I hear the guild cap as being a legit argument against the pvp/pve split, but if it becomes a non issue later on release, I reiterate for those who haven't actually been reading posts: it's not about ONLY doing one or the other... It's about switching active guilds to indicate interest in one or the other at any given moment. It'd still be one big "guild" in a sense, reflecting the same membership, just with two sub guilds to help streamline organising shit.

It's just a thought, but yeah.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    This is becoming complicated and it really doesn't need to be.

We have an over arching all inclusive voice communications platform open to all PA forum members. That was, for the last BWE, the main form of communication among most of the PA players. If we get too bogged down into where to split the guild we make a mess of management that really doesn't need to happen in the short time frame we have to play over the weekend.

If this were a discussion about live it would make sense but we're setting up for a weekend of game play. It would also make more sense if we did not have Draygo's TS3 server and the only avenue of communication we had with each other was guild chat. These two situations are not the case and as such it makes more sense to just have an overflow guild. If the main is full join overflow. There's no second rate status or anything because you're still in the TS3 and still with the cool kids. We're all the cool kids.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    My updater keeps crashing.

Mine too, anyone else having that problem?

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    As someone who intends to do both, I think a pve/pvp split is silly.

My vote is for the subforum split. I can deal with the dicks jokes in g&t. SE++ is a dick joke.

People from SE++ who have posted here so far have been pretty quiet and reasonable, imo ... you know, unlike you since you started posting in this thread.

You can remove me from the guild, I've been repping [NICE]/[WANG] in the Beta Events so far but i'm not on Aspenwood nor have any interest in PVP/WvWvW so far.

EDIT: yeah, my updater has been crashing too.

derangedhermit on
    Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I can deal with the dicks jokes in g&t. SE++ is a dick joke.

This is the kind of attitude that exactly nobody in the forum staff approves of.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    If you split pvp and pve how would someone who wants to do both go about it. Guild cap is at 100, you can't fit that many people into BOTH guilds. One will get full and people would be stuck in the other not wanting to be there.

On the crashing.

The internet is reporting that setting compatibility mode to XP and also checking run as admin is fixing it for people.

Try that.

• BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    On the crashing.

The internet is reporting that setting compatibility mode to XP and also checking run as admin is fixing it for people.

Try that.

Running as admin worked for me, thanks.

EDIT: And once it ran once and updated the Updater, it now runs fine even without Run as Admin.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Every time I've opened the launcher in the last 2-3 days it's had more downloads...Is this normal?

We've had no problem with people being geese to each other on the TS3 server. This will continue.

I feel this is all I need to say on the subject.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    I can deal with the dicks jokes in g&t. SE++ is a dick joke.

This is the kind of attitude that exactly nobody in the forum staff approves of.

I meant it with the utmost love, actually. Who doesn't love a dick joke? That's high praise.

We could do the overflow thing, but a pve/pvp split seems not great since a lot of us will probably be doing both.

Dr_Keenbean on
    Quintessin wrote: »
    Every time I've opened the launcher in the last 2-3 days it's had more downloads...Is this normal?

I've been getting that too. We're just seeing the content push and last minute fixes for the BWE.

• Gustavo MGustavo M Registered User regular
    Apparently, pre-ordering @ Amazon gives you a beta key right on the spot.
    Welp, I feel weird right now... because I just pre-ordered, got myself a beta key and cancelled.
    *weird sounds goes here*

Gustavo M wrote: »
    Welp, I feel weird right now... because I just pre-ordered, got myself a beta key and cancelled.
    *weird sounds goes here*

Well if you enjoy it over the weekend, re-pre-order and give the new key to someone else?

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Guys, why dont we just split by casual and hardcore? That makes way more sense.

/sarcasm

A split any way is bad, but the choice makes sense based on the research system. More later from me...

Well if you enjoy it over the weekend, re-pre-order and give the new key to someone else?

Or get myself a few beta keys and share the love with a few of my friends/IRL friends/etc?

Yep.

• REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    So I was on my phone but wanted to expand my point.

The reason behind a PvE vs PvP split makes some sense because of the types of items you will want to research from the guild. If I am correct, We Are Nice Guys has already researched some storage for banks and a couple of PvP type items so that makes sense to be the guild for those primarily wanting to PvP.

On the other hand, I just want to the cap raised but it seems unlikely that will happen. You could end up with a handful of super-guilds that hoard the reward points and upgrade super duper fast, which would be kinda lame.

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    You guys are always crazy in this thread. Splits are bad any way you slice it. I enjoy PvP and PvE. I enjoy G&T and SE peeps - not to mention you can't categorize people when they post in both sections. We talked about this last night on TS - here's the plan as it stands:

Anyone who has NOT logged in by Friday at Midnight will be kicked from the main guild, and will be re-invited to an overflow guild. If you know you won't be able to log in by then, but still want to stay in, PM @Enig who will be the one kicking people. We still have to figure out who is going to manage the overflow one though (@Entaru ?). We'll still have TS to communicate. We're trying to make this as simple as possible. It's only 3 days.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Friday midnight of what time zone?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    edited June 2012
    I'll do the overflow. My life has been kinda busy the last few days so I haven't been able to jump into the TS to help sort this out. (This will be fixed soon. I upgraded my android device to handle TS3. My old one was too slow apparently.)

I'm on board for pretty much the entire weekend, save for the first 2 or so hours. I think overflow is the simplest solution. I'll name it something PA related (Yes, Phenyhelm and the Overflows was a joke.) and we'll all have a good time. It won't matter long term because when it releases this will all be for naught and we'll start making long lasting plans.

Seidkona on
    Guild membership is based on account and not character right? I didn't really get a good look during the stress test.

So if you have 3 characters you still only count as 1 person so far as the cap is concerned?

edited June 2012
    Guild membership is based on account and not character right? I didn't really get a good look during the stress test.

So if you have 3 characters you still only count as 1 person so far as the cap is concerned?

Correct.

Seidkona on
    Yes, it's account based, not character based.

• TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited June 2012

Yes, because when you log in to the other characters it will show your Anet account name "Name.XXXX" with your current character next to it on the guild roster.

If you guys need another person to handle invites and such for the overflow guild, I would like to volunteer. With the exception of late Friday night-early Saturday morning, I plan on being online for most of the event.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321

Yes, because when you log in to the other characters it will show your Anet account name "Name.XXXX" with your current character next to it on the guild roster.

If you guys need another person to handle invites and such for the overflow guild, I would like to volunteer. With the exception of late Friday night-early Saturday morning, I plan on being online for most of the event.

No problem. Just PM me in game and I'll make you an officer.

Same ive spoke about it before first BWE, id help out on any organizational aspect of guild. Hours just changed at work from 1pm-9pm (getting me home at 10pm EST) to 10am-6pm so i can play normal hours now :D.

Same ive spoke about it before first BWE, id help out on any organizational aspect of guild. Hours just changed at work from 1pm-9pm (getting me home at 10pm EST) to 10am-6pm so i can play normal hours now :D.

I could use officers. :)

Vivixenne wrote: »

Not sure. PST I guess?

• derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    One thing i'm not sure is how you show up in the guild list when you create a new character and 'forget' to rep the guild. Some people might show as inactive, not sure. I know that during the stress test i was on a new character and was all "man, the guild sure is quiet today" :|

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
    One thing i'm not sure is how you show up in the guild list when you create a new character and 'forget' to rep the guild. Some people might show as inactive, not sure. I know that during the stress test i was on a new character and was all "man, the guild sure is quiet today" :|

You show up as online in the guild roster, but have a gray line like thing across the green online dot.

ANet is doing a Q&A on Reddit. Someone should ask about the guild member cap. I would but Reddit confuses me.

Yeah exactly this happened to me when I made a 2nd character.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited June 2012

It shows in your status if you are online/offline/not-representing.

Geod wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Not sure. PST I guess?

Yes, the primary guild kicks will happen at midnight pacific time/2am central/3am eastern. (8am British time if there are any European players still with us)

So after that time there will probably be a number of slots for getting into the main guild. I will remain online so people can PM me (in-game) for invites. Once it fills up again there will be the overflow guild also, of course.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • molefacemoleface Registered User regular
    Gustavo M wrote: »
    *weird sounds goes here*

Really glad you mentioned this. I just pre-ordered on Amazon, got charged nothing, and got into the beta this weekend. Thanks!

battle.net: lankyplonker#1923
    psn: lankyplonker
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Does anyone use a mobile device for their TS3 stuff? I have a mic and headset but I'd prefer to use a smaller bluetooth headset for voice. When I use the bluetooth headset on the computer people complain that it sounds bad, but I never have any issues using it for phone calls on my cell phone... wonder if it could be an issue with the chipset used by my computer?

I have a 5.1 sound system I never get to use when I need voice because I default to the headset with the good mic :(

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
    edited June 2012
    moleface wrote: »
    Really glad you mentioned this. I just pre-ordered on Amazon, got charged nothing, and got into the beta this weekend. Thanks!

T'was my pleasure.
    Hope to see you ingame. :]

Gustavo M on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »

You show up as online in the guild roster, but have a gray line like thing across the green online dot.

ANet is doing a Q&A on Reddit. Someone should ask about the guild member cap. I would but Reddit confuses me.
    Figures this is like the one site I can visit on my work comp and our server is down

I want to rereoll my guardian but might only have one character made which is in guild, if I delete and remake under same name will my account be kicked from guild?

This discussion has been closed.