As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[GW2]Making a new thread for the BWE. See you guys on Aspenwood soon!

• NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Thanks for the update WaM.

I'll just try again in the morning.

• Omega2112Omega2112 GW2 AKA: Robocow, Veristia Reaven Registered User regular
    I think they fixed it, it's working for me again.

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    Yeah they fixed it. I guess ANet is forgoing a lot of sleep at the moment :lol:

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    so it's everyone's launcher that's crashing immediately as you start it right? not just me?

ok cool

When it comes to computer issues, as long as everyone else is fucked with you, you'll be ok.

On that note, my launcher is working now.

shryke on
  • AlxHelAlxHel Registered User regular
    Hey gang, last bwe some of us EU pa-ers we thinking of coming to join our stateside brothers, just a quick check to see which world you'll be all playing on.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I totally posted the list like half a page ago and it went ignored :(

• am0nam0n Registered User regular
    AlxHel wrote: »
    Hey gang, last bwe some of us EU pa-ers we thinking of coming to join our stateside brothers, just a quick check to see which world you'll be all playing on.

I think it was Forst Aspenwood?

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Yep, PA server is Fort Aspenwood

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Combat markers show when a group of 6 or more people are fighting. You will never be able to see everyone on the map as the bandwidth requirements are too high.

Eeeh. Could just do like every other game out there and only update people X distance away every 5 seconds. Can't be that much bandwidth to send an X/Y coordinate to put a dot on a map.

• japhjaph Registered User regular
    So is there a guild member cap this round?

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    japh wrote: »

Yes, 100. Unless the guild can unlock more during the bwe.

96058.png?1619393207
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm so excited, folks. Gonna be working from home tomorrow so that I can launch myself onto the servers as fast as humanly possible when they come up. Thinking about rolling a new character to try out some new professions, and I'm really torn between trying warrior or necromancer. Or mesmer. So far I've done engineer and thief up to 20ish and enjoyed both.

Sucks that I always miss the finale event though. 3am's too late for my blood when I have to be at work the next day for 8am.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote: »
    I'm so excited, folks. Gonna be working from home tomorrow so that I can launch myself onto the servers as fast as humanly possible when they come up. Thinking about rolling a new character to try out some new professions, and I'm really torn between trying warrior or necromancer. Or mesmer. So far I've done engineer and thief up to 20ish and enjoyed both.

Sucks that I always miss the finale event though. 3am's too late for my blood when I have to be at work the next day for 8am.

Ill be rerolling my Guardian and a friend will be rolling another toon as well. Playing witht he idea of either redoing a guardian as 1h/shield or going for a Warrior.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Bullhead wrote: »

The method to up the guild cap is unkown and will not be active by BWE #2.

We will have to go with overflow which will be up pretty early on Friday right after I get off of work. (give or take 5pm EST.)

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    God this game looks so horrible and stupid and not at all fun, I would never, ever play this in a million years!
    I CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW! SO GIDDY! WEEEEEEEEEE!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Entaru wrote: »

We will have to go with overflow which will be up pretty early on Friday right after I get off of work. (give or take 5pm EST.)

I should be home before the event starts, so if you want I can get the guild set up as soon as the beta goes live.

Also, is it possible to invite someone to a guild from their user ID even if they aren't online? It might help if we started a list for who will want to be in the overflow guild this weekend; at the very least, there will be considerably less PMs to deal with during the beta.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
    edited June 2012

I should be home before the event starts, so if you want I can get the guild set up as soon as the beta goes live.

Also, is it possible to invite someone to a guild from their user ID even if they aren't online? It might help if we started a list for who will want to be in the overflow guild this weekend; at the very least, there will be considerably less PMs to deal with during the beta.

I'm not attached to being guild leader so be my guest. I'll still join up to help you with invites and such.

Seidkona on
    That's fine. Have we decided a name for the guild yet?

That's fine. Have we decided a name for the guild yet?

I was going to spin a wheel of PA guild names and go with that. I was thinking either a tribute to the GW1 guild and going with Kansas City Hotsteppers or going with The Six Mouths.

You're leader though so you can pick. It's an overflow on a beta weekend so don't put too much thought into it as long as it's PA related.

KCHS sounds good.

• DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Use the same tag as the main guild though. Need more [NICE] floating around.

• CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I be down to join up with the guild this weekend, i was on a random server since i can only play on sunday. i be down with you guys.

Draygo wrote: »

Can you use the same tag on different guilds? I'll try it tomorrow, but if not I'll stick with KCHS. I'm not sure how people will feel about having their tag as "NIC3".

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Can you use the same tag on different guilds? I'll try it tomorrow, but if not I'll stick with KCHS. I'm not sure how people will feel about having their tag as "NIC3".

Not my idea I just remember someone bringing it up before.

Kryta City Hotsteppers would make the name even better.

I think the tags are unique but I can't remember the source and I could have dreamed it or something so it's worth a shot.

Tags are not unique i think.

Every SA goon had the GOON tag and I know they had multiple guilds.

Tags are not unique i think.

Every SA goon had the GOON tag and I know they had multiple guilds.

I need to stop eating hot peppers and ice cream before bed then.

• GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Yeah, think tags aren't unique. I would do Kansas/Kryta City Hotsteppers with the [NICE] tag for the overflow. I'll also be around when the servers open up if we need help with setting it up. Though my playing time for this weekend stops at 6pm EST :(

We'll have to try setting up the guild emblem this weekend. I'll be curious to see if, and how it works. I think you can imprint it somehow on your armor, right?

Geod wrote: »
    Yeah, think tags aren't unique. I would do Kansas/Kryta City Hotsteppers with the [NICE] tag for the overflow. I'll also be around when the servers open up if we need help with setting it up. Though my playing time for this weekend stops at 6pm EST :(

We'll have to try setting up the guild emblem this weekend. I'll be curious to see if, and how it works. I think you can imprint it somehow on your armor, right?

From what I read you can put it on your weapon too. Which is awesome.

I definitely want to see screenshots if you guys make it to that and someone ends up doing it.

• XagarXagar Registered User regular

From what I read you can put it on your weapon too. Which is awesome.

I definitely want to see screenshots if you guys make it to that and someone ends up doing it.
    Unfortunately, that requires Politics III, and that alone takes 3 days to research, so it's not super likely.

Emblem on armor requires Politcs II. You could at least do that.

• doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    26 hours 31 minutes!

what a happy day it is
    Remember you can spend influence to speed up research. I think going for the emblem will be a worthy goal.

We may be able to rush it if we have enough influence, but that does seem unlikely. A screenshot with everyone wearing the emblem would be sweet.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    I haven't seen anything as far as creating an emblem goes, although it's more than likely the same system as GW1, but with different symbols and much more colors.

As I said, worthy goal. We might not make it this BWE, but should have it in BWE3 if we dont.

Remember you can spend influence to speed up research. I think going for the emblem will be a worthy goal.

We just got Politics I in the Stress Test - we can start researching the first emblem as soon as we get enough influence.

edited June 2012
    Looks like some people unlocked it last BWE, so I think we can do it. Just need to get Politics II for armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2CUl27iEcw

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Here's the real question: what should our emblem be?

I saw a crab, a tree, or a unicorn. Trying to think of something that would fit PA.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Here's the real question: what should our emblem be?

I saw a crab, a tree, or a unicorn. Trying to think of something that would fit PA.

Gotta be a claw shrimp.

This discussion has been closed.