As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2]Making a new thread for the BWE. See you guys on Aspenwood soon!

• Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Still an issue for us as we have a lot of new people joining us for the first time. Even if its second option only.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I don't think it'd be an issue by retail and if it is we can easily pick a different server.

if the whole two guilds thing wasn't a major issue until retail why is bwe server being full? These are just weekend tests as everyone says.

Triiipledot on
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Trying to switch home servers for all of a 3 day beta is going to be way more work than there's a benefit to. Besides, there's a nice active WvW population and we'll probably get matched up against one of the other top servers.

Even come release we should stick to a popular server to help minimize the 2 month PA guild crash and eventual server entropy.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Still an issue for us as we have a lot of new people joining us for the first time. Even if its second option only.

I wouldn't suggest doing it for this reason. I spent most of BWE1 on another server b/c the transfers were borked and it took a few days for me to xfer over, by which point the bwe was nearly over. I suspect the same will happen again (especially if amazon is increasing the amount of people who should be in), and there's no point in trying to move everyone. If someone can't get on FA, roll on another server, get your free gems, and try to transfer as those become available.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Got the TS hooked up and my body is ready

• Options
    CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Wait how.do.you change servers? I just delete my characters and pick a place?

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    No your account is tied to the server.

If you selected a different home server than Fort Aspenwood you will have to pay the gem fee to transfer to us.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Though I believe transfers are free till 6pm Saturday.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    I will do it first thing. I hope for little fuckup.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    this is the first thing i think of when i hear clawshrimp (NSFW)

Oh god NO

Did you ever have to play an MMO with that guy? He was the WORST

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I'm not gonna get kicked if I don't log in before, say, 6pm EDT? I may work late to make up some lost time.

But then I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, overflow guild and whatnot.

Guys.

So soon.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    I'm not gonna get kicked if I don't log in before, say, 6pm EDT? I may work late to make up some lost time.

But then I guess it doesn't really matter anyway, overflow guild and whatnot.

Guys.

So soon.

I think the purge wont be untilled midnight. So if you log on after work you be fine I hope

• Options
    I plan on sPVPin as much as humanly possible.

Gonna bring up my fav classes and check out all the trait changes, and whatever else was done for balance, then jump into that shit hard.

If anyone wants to get involved with a team for the tournaments btw I will mostly be playing nights. Friday night pretty late sat is not so much and sunday all night long to see the event.

THERE WILL BE BLOOD.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

Oh god NO

Could be worse, you could have had to play WoW with @CJTheran.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    What guild was he in? Cause chances are if it was PA and WoW I did at some point.

Still ask anyone who was in OS with clawshrimpy. He was able to make the most helpful patient person go murder a kitten.

Also, I am so stuck on waiting for BWE that I am literally sitting here bored because I just do not want to play ANYTHING else.

• Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    I don't know how much playing I'll be doing this weekend - I have work Friday and Saturday, although I doooo get part of Friday off. Sunday should be all good hopefully.

And... I'm hopeful for another BWE on, say... June 29th - July 1st.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited June 2012

I've only made it half way down the first page.

I get the feeling the thread is going places. Amazing places.

EDIT: Closed already.
    /cry

shryke on
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Wonderful xkcd comic. Relevant to MMOs. Spoiled for rabid haters of xkcd so they can avoid it.
    shoes.png

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Caedere wrote: »
    I don't know how much playing I'll be doing this weekend - I have work Friday and Saturday, although I doooo get part of Friday off. Sunday should be all good hopefully.

I would love another BWE that soon since I can't play hardly at all for this one. I'm already blocking off weekends in my mind for BWE3 so that I can go full speed that weekend on GW2.

• Options
    Vicarious InkVicarious Ink Foooosh Las Vegas, NVRegistered User regular
    Finally was able to get in, apparently I lost my code from GS. So I just rebought it from Arenanet. I will see you all in there tomorrow. :)

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    Caedere wrote: »

I would love another BWE that soon since I can't play hardly at all for this one. I'm already blocking off weekends in my mind for BWE3 so that I can go full speed that weekend on GW2.

I think we're all just waiting for release so that we can finally quit our jobs and just play until starvation does us in! =D

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Omega2112Omega2112 GW2 AKA: Robocow, Veristia Reaven Registered User regular
    All that stands between me and GW2 is my final Calculus final tomorrow.

A worthy foe. Glorious.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So, good news! I've got a job.

Bad news, I'll work 10 hours four days a week from 6 am till 4 pm.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

That's good news! You'll be in Guild Wars 2 during prime time!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Klyka wrote: »
    God this game looks so horrible and stupid and not at all fun, I would never, ever play this in a million years!
    I CAN'T WAIT TILL TOMORROW! SO GIDDY! WEEEEEEEEEE!

I agree completely!!

I am, however, a bit concerned about what I like to call "The Idiot Factor". since anet has published server names and rankings, there is going to be a tendancy for the wannabe-1337 faceroller crowd to transfer to a "winning" server (i.e. one for the top 5 servers). We were already having to queue for WvW last BWE. Since we were (one of the) top-ranked servers, and server transfers are "free", I expect that we are going to pick up a lot of... shall we say, "lower quality" PvP players. I pity the fools on SoS though. They're going to be _swarmed_ with 1337 noobs!

If we do decide to move, I'd really recommend moving to the lowest ranked server possible. We are a large enough and active enough group that we can make a significant impact on WvW by ourselves. Heck, I'd bet real money that a very small group of PA players leading a bunch of know-nothing facerollers would probably do pretty decent against most "average" servers (whatever "average" means), and that several small groups of Pa players leading a variety of tagalongs would probably rise the server rating by several ranks. I totally agree that moving for BWE2 doesn't make sense at all, but we should keep it in mind for release.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Sigh. 12 hour workday tomorrow, thesis review on Saturday, more thesis review Sunday.

Enjoy your beta weekend guys. :[

• Options
    XzeanXzean Registered User regular
    Haven't seen it in the thread, anyone know when tomorrow it is going to start?

9df14c6e1e43475d.png
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    Noon PDT.

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Work tomorrow, need to do some errands on Saturday, and picking up the GF from the airport, whose visiting for 2 weeks, on Sunday. I rigged my Mac to use Wine to play the game by process of arcane code manipulation and wrappers today so she could play with me Sunday night! And it worked!

Sadly my attendance this time round will be spotty Friday and Sat and a no go until much later on Sunday. So have fun and please don't overflow the thread until tomorrow when I get home from work.

488W936.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »

That's good news! You'll be in Guild Wars 2 during prime time!

Seriously, that's a dream schedule. I'd punch a baby for it.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Claw ShrimpClaw Shrimp Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »

Oh god NO

That guy is not me, by the way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    List of current issues in BWE2: a list of bugs, etc. which are known currently.

Worth a brief look if you will be playing this weekend.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    godddd the game is still CPU-bound?

i know that it's not something that they can just flick a switch and boop! now it's GPU-bound! but man that's still frustrating. i just got my new pc built and i wanted to see this game fly

• Options
    eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    Enig wrote: »

Great. I can't log in and I can't reset my password (failed it says)...

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »
    Enig wrote: »

Great. I can't log in and I can't reset my password (failed it says)...

are you using your email or your @ncsoft name

i fumbled with this for like ten minutes before i remembered that my login email was not a real email but was that silly ncsoft account stuff

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    oh god still CPU bound *vomit*

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    They are not at the full optimization stage yet, obviously. They said performance should improve relative to BWE1 though.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular

Yeah that's a shame, also
    Currently, adjusting the core clock speed of the GPU or CPU typically results in lower performance.
    It is advised that you leave core clock speeds at factory defaults.

I'm not going to de-clock my pc just to avoid a performance hit.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Adda wrote: »

Yeah that's a shame, also
    Currently, adjusting the core clock speed of the GPU or CPU typically results in lower performance.
    It is advised that you leave core clock speeds at factory defaults.

I'm not going to de-clock my pc just to avoid a performance hit.

my video card is factory OCed

this BWE is gonna be hilarious

• Options
    Its pretty well known practice that you do not optimize a game for performance untill all other factors are done apparently.

So I wouldnt expect the CPU bound deal to completely go away untill its about to ship.

But in the AMA I am pretty sure it was confirmed it would be using multiple cores now. Which means performance should still go up.

This discussion has been closed.