As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Que veux-tu, [chat]? Happy May Day!

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Best part of ADD is when you procrastinate having fun.

Ugh.

wait, that's an ADD symptom?

i spent all day procrastinating playing a video game...

i'm getting freaked out, man. Freaked out!

I'm pretty sure you need to have a lot of the symptoms to even consider it.

95% of the time I can't focus hard enough to play a videogame. Unless you're like that I wouldn't worry.

Thank you so much, Disco Terrier, that's a weight off my shoulder.

i guess i'm just lazy and bad at math! Woohoo!

POOP FROM A BUTT

what about poop from a butt?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Oooh oooh analyze me next Winky!

Honestly?

I'm not sure, but I've thought to myself before that you might have ADD because you have a very similar waxing/waning pattern to me in which you will get very deeply interested in a hobby or subject for a relatively short period of time and then move onto another one. For instance, you tend to gain a lot of advanced knowledge very quickly about competitive games, but you never stick with them long enough to develop into a competitive player.

And if it seems like I am very quick to diagnose people with ADD; well (1) I am and you shouldn't trust me because I only have a bachelors and (2) I would predict that there is a much higher incidence of ADD and ADHD than normal among people who play video games, as well as among people who post on forums.

Who is next?

<--

Chu, I don't know what your psychiatrist told you but I am, like 99.9% positive you have adult ADHD.

You were apparently violent and impulsive when you were a child but you have since calmed down in adulthood. If you weren't bumping up the numbers a lil' bit when you told me then you are rather promiscuous (and if you were then you were lying which is an ADHD thing too). You talk a lot and are fairly charismatic when you do, and you seem to spontaneously talk to strangers without any fear.

These are all commonly qualities of someone with ADHD.

There are all common qualities of a human being as well.

uppity now that we're out of jail I see

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    OH MY GOODNESS

I think i might be a human being.

i have all the symptoms.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    A Damn Hard Dickin

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    chinga este tierra gay

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular

Ugh.

95% of the time I can't focus hard enough to play a videogame. Unless you're like that I wouldn't worry.

POOP FROM A BUTT

EAT IT YOU CYNICAL PERSON

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Okay, enough silliness. it's that time of day...

Ugh, time to work out.

The worst time of day. Whoooooooooooo.....

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    damn Winky this is getting all Bertram Forer up ins.

edit: GASP!
    You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself. While you have some personality weaknesses you are generally able to compensate for them. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations. You also pride yourself as an independent thinker; and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others. At times you are extroverted, affable, and sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary, and reserved. Some of your aspirations tend to be rather unrealistic.

Yeah, I'm familiar with that, and I'm not claiming that I'm giving very effective diagnoses, just what I suspect.

All people feel essentially the same emotions and share them in common, the difference when you're doing a diagnosis is how often and when.

At any rate, that description doesn't work on me because of the "disciplined and self-controlled on the outside".

• Options

Ugh.

POOP FROM A BUTT

I don't live in a washtub. if you want to stereotype me, at least be accurate.

• Options
    chinga este tierra gay

Que se joda esta tierra gay

Works better

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Honestly?

I'm not sure, but I've thought to myself before that you might have ADD because you have a very similar waxing/waning pattern to me in which you will get very deeply interested in a hobby or subject for a relatively short period of time and then move onto another one. For instance, you tend to gain a lot of advanced knowledge very quickly about competitive games, but you never stick with them long enough to develop into a competitive player.

And if it seems like I am very quick to diagnose people with ADD; well (1) I am and you shouldn't trust me because I only have a bachelors and (2) I would predict that there is a much higher incidence of ADD and ADHD than normal among people who play video games, as well as among people who post on forums.

Who is next?

Somedays I do feel as though I have ADD, but minorly at most. But, self diagnosis is p. useless. So, I can see what you be getting at.

Well, allow me to ask you more questions:

How quickly can you perform mental math relative to other people?

Would you say that, when excluded from a group, you are more often explicitly rejected or more often ignored?

Would you consider yourself lazy?

Would you consider yourself impressionable?

Do you find yourself being afraid of the consequences of your actions?

Do you shy away from confrontations?

Quite quickly.

Unsure. I wouldn't say I feel either?

Somewhat.

Yes.

Not really.

No.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to figure out an incantation to summon Pony.

MMA SUCKS, STEAMPUNK RULES, BROS ARE STUPID, PONY IS A MALL NINJA

lets see if it works

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

lets see if it works

I have a better incantation, but let's see if yours works.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i need new music

• Options

Honestly?

Who is next?

<--

Chu, I don't know what your psychiatrist told you but I am, like 99.9% positive you have adult ADHD.

You were apparently violent and impulsive when you were a child but you have since calmed down in adulthood. If you weren't bumping up the numbers a lil' bit when you told me then you are rather promiscuous (and if you were then you were lying which is an ADHD thing too). You talk a lot and are fairly charismatic when you do, and you seem to spontaneously talk to strangers without any fear.

but you fuck no one and never fight and you are painfully shy and self-conscious!

goddamnit you are the worst diagnostician

ADD =/= ADHD

That's the important bit. All those things about you are different from me, hence why I believe you have ADHD and not ADD.

(Though, the DSM-IV calls them ADHD-primarily inattentive and ADHD-combined type but fuck the DSM)

• Options
    there's always money in the banana hammock

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    chinga este tierra gay

Works better

My knees went weak and I have no idea what you said.

:oops:

• Options

Ugh.

POOP FROM A BUTT

I WILL NOW DO THE BLACKFACE OF YOUR PEOPLE

*plays Counter Strike Source*

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Why the fuck do Kindle editions of a lot of books cost more than the paperbacks?

#firstworldrage

Because Amazon is the only one not doing price-fixing, apparently.

• Options

Ugh.

POOP FROM A BUTT

I WILL NOW DO THE BLACKFACE OF YOUR PEOPLE

*plays Counter Strike Source*

Now i'm just confused.

Augh, i have to go now.

• Options

Honestly?

Who is next?

Somedays I do feel as though I have ADD, but minorly at most. But, self diagnosis is p. useless. So, I can see what you be getting at.

Well, allow me to ask you more questions:

How quickly can you perform mental math relative to other people?

Would you say that, when excluded from a group, you are more often explicitly rejected or more often ignored?

Would you consider yourself lazy?

Would you consider yourself impressionable?

Do you find yourself being afraid of the consequences of your actions?

Do you shy away from confrontations?

winky... Are those symptoms?

i'm really scared now.

Actually, can you develop ADD? My kindergarten teacher though i was hyperactive and i went to see a psychologist as a kid and i was diagnosed not hyperactive...

Is it a thing that can kick in later on in life?

edit: I feel like i am bad at mental math.
    I feel more often ignored than explicitly rejected.
    I consider myself lazy.
    I consider myself impressionable.
    I a, afraid of the consequences of my actions.
    i shy away from confrontations.

These questions aren't to determine whether you have ADD, necessarily, they're to determine between ADD and ADHD.

And you sound like if you had either you definitely have ADD.

Likewise, it sounds more like Inquisitor has ADHD.

• Options
    chinga este tierra gay

Works better

I don't know if you're serious, but it means "fuck this gay earth".

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    You all have ADD

You will never fix it

it will make you fail at anything you really really want to do

all

your

life

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    chinga este tierra gay

Works better

My knees are fine but it did sound very pleasing to my ear (after my eyes read it).

I thought tierra was a video game or something (I can barely speak English, don't hate)

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Honestly?

Who is next?

<--

Are they necessary or sufficient qualitites?

• Options

Ugh.

This depends. For instance, my mom and sister have ADD and there's no way they could focus hard enough to play a video game for very long. However, it's actually documented that people with ADD often turn to playing video games for hours and hours, and I certainly do this.

Basically, people with ADD get mentally exhausted very easily, and like to revert to doing whatever will give them the most stimulation while allowing them to rely on procedural ability.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »

Honestly?

Who is next?

<--

Are they necessary or sufficient qualitites?

Haha another excuse to post this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PMlDidyG_I

• Options
    chinga este tierra gay

Works better

My knees are fine but it did sound very pleasing to my ear (after my eyes read it).

I thought tierra was a video game or something (I can barely speak English, don't hate)

Haha, I don't find the phrase much pleasing.

My favorite Spanish phrase is "eres una prostituta". I love the word "prostituta" and all it's variants. I tell them to myself in bed every night.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    guys i can NOT get rid of this little cunt mohawk no matter how i try

• Options

Honestly?

Who is next?

<--

Well no fuck, it's a question of degree. Most people were violent and impulsive as children, most people like to screw, most people lie, most people like to talk, and most people like to meet new people. However, if you were exceptionally violent and impulsive as a child, you screw a much larger than average number of people, you lie impulsively, you talk a more than most people, and you have a significantly lower fear of strangers than average, these are good grounds for helping to determine a diagnosis.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular

lets see if it works

why do you want to summon Pony

the best way for me to summon him is start talking about something that would be embarrassing to see, then he shows up like clockwork

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i don't know what i have

but whatever i have, chu's-life-itis is made significantly better by adderall so i think it's an excellent treatment

• Options

lets see if it works

the best way for me to summon him is start talking about something that would be embarrassing to see, then he shows up like clockwork

Because I want him to show up. Be like what the fuck do you want? And then I'll be all like

soo

..WACHA DOIN?

• Options
    i have add

no wait i'm lazy

my bad

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    are you depressed? lonely?

HOW BOUT SOME CO_CAI_EEEEEEE_NAAAAAAAAA

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

Ugh.

This depends. For instance, my mom and sister have ADD and there's no way they could focus hard enough to play a video game for very long. However, it's actually documented that people with ADD often turn to playing video games for hours and hours, and I certainly do this.

Basically, people with ADD get mentally exhausted very easily, and like to revert to doing whatever will give them the most stimulation while allowing them to rely on procedural ability.

Yep. I used to be obsessed with videogames and played them up to 16 hours a day when I was a kid, but as I grew up I just started to get very exhausted from them. Still like them, just can't focus on them.

My default activity these days is just reading [chat]. Everything else is pretty tiring to me even though I enjoy it.

yGxvf.png
  • Options

lets see if it works

Because I want him to show up. Be like what the fuck do you want? And then I'll be all like

soo

..WACHA DOIN?

you want to make out with him don't you be honest

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    are you depressed? lonely?

HOW BOUT SOME CO_CAI_EEEEEEE_NAAAAAAAAA

it does solve everything, iirc

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular