As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the late late weekend thread

1235»

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Also since I have now claimed this as the climbing thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZir3n6q5b4

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    There's a bouldering gym in Brooklyn that I've been meaning to go to since forever, but I was using the fact I lived far away and worked late as an excuse not to. Now I live much closer and work slightly less late and still haven't gone because I'm lazy. One of these days though.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Link to this as weaver mentioned it to me ages ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR1jwwagtaQ

The funny thing is, is that a third of the way through, he puts up something called the Phoenix.

It's quite literally four grades higher than what the main story way about.

That is fucking insane cutting edge stuff he put up.

And sixty minutes glossed over it.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    About two months ago I climbed for the first time and loved it. The gyms around here are awesome. I need to go do it more regularly. Don't have much of an excuse as of last week, now that my theater production I've been teching for is over.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    new suit month is a pretty good concept

• Options
    rock climbing would scare me shitless

those videos of free-climbing people make me helluva nervous

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    See, I think it's engrossing.

Just being fully focused on a single thing.

• Options
    And I know no one really cares that much.

But I am reasonably certain that is like top four of the hardest things put up on free solo.

And it got less than a minute.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I am on summer vacation, so everything is one big weekend

yay

also my computer is working again

also yay

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    This weekend is my last weekend-weekend. Then I move from Friday-Saturday-Sunday off to Sunday-Monday-Tuesday off.

Good news: 5-day weekend this weekend!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Been up all night because I woke up at 9pm last night. About to have to another shower, then head down to be at the bike shop when they open. After that, plan on just riding around for a while. If they have a bike I like, that is.

• Options
    you gonna get yerself a road bike?

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Yep. Main points I'm looking for, road bike, right size for my height, and drop bars.

• Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    what are weekends

I actually have this Saturday off for once, I never get Sundays off though

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    fuck everything today

it a was pretty good weekend but i am hapless this tuesday morn

i had more pressure out of my tap than my shower etc

• Options
    trying to start a day with a half-assed low pressure shower sux

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    DAMNIT I hate sharing a shower. You'd think after two years I'd have a better rate at checking to see if somebody has left the faucet on shower instead of tap before turning on the water.

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    We installed one of those shower filter systems over the weekend.

It was fine at first, but now the flow is so low that it's like somebody is taking a slow, warm piss on you.

• Options
    edited May 2012

It was fine at first, but now the flow is so low that it's like somebody is taking a slow, warm piss on you.

I'd check all the fittings between the water heater and the shower head for blockage.

edit: Or leakage. Gotta have good seals.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »

I'd check all the fittings between the water heater and the shower head for blockage.

edit: Or leakage. Gotta have good seals.

Yeah whoever installed this did a pretty bad job. (note: It was me.)

I'm almost hesitant to fix it, because then we'd have to hire somebody to come over and take a slow, warm piss on us instead.

That's a Craigslist nightmare, is what that is.

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    There's a bouldering gym in Brooklyn that I've been meaning to go to since forever, but I was using the fact I lived far away and worked late as an excuse not to. Now I live much closer and work slightly less late and still haven't gone because I'm lazy. One of these days though.

where in the city are you?

my sister was scoping out gyms to climb at in the city since she will be around a lot during the summer, the manhattan plaza health club has a pretty big gym. She is very picky with her gyms and even she was impressed with it.

She is already looking to buy me shoes, it is her plan to convert me to a full time climber like her and her husband.

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular

Curses, I wanted one if those

But I'm not into piss stuff

What to doooo

• Options
    I ended up shelling out for a brand new bike, even though it isn't the style that I wanted, so that I'll have everything under warranty for two years. My luck, I'll be making heavy use of it.

405067_10150865896156255_614936254_11757482_1307904381_n.jpg

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Nice! Hopefully you don't ever need that warranty.

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    So is there already a PAX Prime thread that I missed somehow (I searched like eight pages of SE++ index) or has it not yet been created?

I'm really talking myself into hitting it up for my vacation this year, just wondering who's going and if I can get a head start on hotel/couch surfing plans

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    The PAX East thread was briefly the PAX Prime thread, before the registration system conked out.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa, bits. :(

many pages ago but I wanted to say thanks. he is super important to me. I'm glad I am close enough to be able to visit fairly often.

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Captain K wrote: »
    So is there already a PAX Prime thread that I missed somehow (I searched like eight pages of SE++ index) or has it not yet been created?

I'm really talking myself into hitting it up for my vacation this year, just wondering who's going and if I can get a head start on hotel/couch surfing plans

DO THIS.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I ended up shelling out for a brand new bike, even though it isn't the style that I wanted, so that I'll have everything under warranty for two years. My luck, I'll be making heavy use of it.

that's a good-lookin' bike, weavs

• Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    orikae sup man

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

that's a good-lookin' bike, weavs

Thanks. I'm loving the Starfleet emblems on the grips. Still would have rather had drop-bars, though.