As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's International Workers Day

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    i saw that episode on the hub recently, it was pretty cool

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    What is a neoliberal and why do people who have opinions I don't like not like them

in three sentences or less

Ronald Reagan.

Yuppies.

Pinochet.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Well, I laughed

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    there was a republican congressmen from buffalo who said one of the best things i've ever heard out of a republican's mouth when NY legalized gay marriage

paraphrasing it was something like

"i was raised to believe that this is wrong. but my beliefs should have no bearing on someone else's happiness. i vote in favor of the bill."

i got a raging fucking hard-on like i used to get for anthony wiener

late but article

Buffalo freshman Mark Grisanti-

"I cannot legally come up with an argument against same sex marriage. To those whose support I may lose, please know in the past I was telling you what I believed at the time was the truth. I struggled with this immensely. In the end though, I cannot deny a person, a human being, a taxpayer, a worker, people of my district and across the state...the same rights I have with my wife."

Same guy-
    "I probably just committed political suicide... So then I just don't run next year. I'm not going to switch political party affiliations." Grisanti added that he "didn't care" if the vote ends his political career which began six months prior.

Good man.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    there was a republican congressmen from buffalo who said one of the best things i've ever heard out of a republican's mouth when NY legalized gay marriage

paraphrasing it was something like

"i was raised to believe that this is wrong. but my beliefs should have no bearing on someone else's happiness. i vote in favor of the bill."

i got a raging fucking hard-on like i used to get for anthony wiener

late but article

Buffalo freshman Mark Grisanti-

"I cannot legally come up with an argument against same sex marriage. To those whose support I may lose, please know in the past I was telling you what I believed at the time was the truth. I struggled with this immensely. In the end though, I cannot deny a person, a human being, a taxpayer, a worker, people of my district and across the state...the same rights I have with my wife."

Same guy-
    "I probably just committed political suicide... So then I just don't run next year. I'm not going to switch political party affiliations." Grisanti added that he "didn't care" if the vote ends his political career which began six months prior.

Good man.

It's nice to see other people who can be socially liberal but conservative on other issues. It's a shame that this guy will get tossed under the party bus. Moderates on any side are far to rare.

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    so who would you guys say was the best president of the last 100 years

FDR?
    1. FDR
    2. TR
    3. Truman
    4. Kennedy
    5. Johnson

I feel like I could almost interchange Johnson and Nixon, who both have their great good points and their horrific bad points. It's so fucked up that Nixon would be a flaming leftist by today's standards.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan
    Dylan

• Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    heres the definitive list of good U.S presidents:

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I get it

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    voltaire did songs for billy and mandy he is coo'

voltaire is horrible and lame

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    he ain't my favorite but i hesitate to say either of those

• Options
    Binary SquidBinary Squid We all make choices Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Weaver wrote: »
    If you really cared about population growth you would marry a nice christian girl and get her to start popping out babies like a pez dispenser

Never stick your dick in crazy.

Also, never stick it in a pez dispenser...even if you can somehow jam it in to the bigger ones, they'll snap that bastard clean off.

Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    He's also doing work that people in the US would not do.
    *snip*
    It would benefit all of us to make these people actual citizens. Treat them like human beings, fairly tax them, and utilize the labor force where it's needed. I guess that's too compassionate or human for some people. Almost something christ would do.

I honestly want to kill you. You do not understand the first fucking thing about worker exploitation. And yes, that is what employers do when they hire illegal laborers.

If these illegal, non-union laborers were citizens they would be entitled to a minimum wage and full protection under the law. If they were entitled to decent wages they wouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Employers do not hire illegals because they are reliable, hard-workers. Employers hire illegal aliens because it gives them massive coercive power over their own work-force. That you would spew this shit in a thread about International Workers Day makes me despair for the state of humanity.

No you don't want to kill him. You're throwing more hyperbole around in a thread where there's already so much. I know righteous anger feels great for some people because they get to hate and feel like they're in the right for doing it, but any point or any real discussion you would have had is lost in your invective.

Turning people into faceless things out to destroy all that's good in the world is never a good way to act. He didn't mean it like that, and was talking about the workers from the context of helping them, if you were to stop and consider it.

balerbower wrote: »
    but who the fuck wants to bang newt gingrich

And this. Gingrich is not an attractive man to women on a physical level, but his worth as a human being shouldn't be judged by whether women would want to be with him because of that, regardless of who is making that decision. He could be a tanned, oiled god with abs from hell and the tightest ass in DC, and his ideas would still have the same value, or lack thereof.

Binary Squid on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    the wiki for wobbly slang is sort of neato
    who knows how much of it is utter bullshit, but it is fun to imagine people talking in that sort of near-cant

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    Post some wobbly slang doug

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There was a customer in my restaurant on Thursday who was getting up from her meal periodically to pass around little cards about why everyone should vote for the "marriage protection" act that's coming up in NC soon that would explicitly define marriage solely as between a man and a woman

Once we were aware we asked her to leave (I'm not kidding myself, it's not necessarily because of what she was saying but that she was saying it at all because our policy is no political speech or literature from people on either side)

What surprised and sort of encouraged me was the number of people who complained to me about her and specifically said that they disagreed with her
    In the South that was kind of a big deal

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I also kept hearing her say stuff like "Now I love the gays! I have friends who are gay, but..."

And I wanted to be like, lady, not for much longer you won't

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    if she loves the gays so much, why didn't she marry them

I mean become an ordained minister, and perform marriage ceremonies for them, of course

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    double post

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    Hahaha, that old crack residue. It just gets everywhere.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Got a US $20 bill in your wallet?

Oops, cocaine residue all up ins your shit.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2009-08-17/news/17931231_1_cocaine-drug-detection-contaminated

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i grew up in raleigh and it was such a nice liberal place, i hope the urban areas can sway the NC vote in a decent direction

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    End wrote: »
    if she loves the gays so much, why didn't she marry them

Bachman did this

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Someone posted these in D&D and I thought they were hilarious.

400275_10100354812060596_1516050_48951650_234448274_n.jpg

one_nation_under_God.jpg

dbrock270 on
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    wait wait stop

my knowledge of juedo christianity is getting mixed up with my knowledge of lord of the rings

why is jesus wearing the white tree of gondor

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    That's the tree of life

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Notice Emperor Palpatine at far center right.

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    shut up

the first rule of the tree of life is that you don't talk about the tree of life

that's how god is with trees okay

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    smote trees erryday

• Options
    Holy shit it really is Emperor Palpatine! That fucking guy!

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Didn't someone C'thulu those pictures?

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Holy shit it really is Emperor Palpatine! That fucking guy!
    Once more the Sith will RUUUULLLLE the galaxy, and we shall have... peace.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    What is a neoliberal and why do people who have opinions I don't like not like them

in three sentences or less
    To take an example, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton has, in the past shown an admirable willingness to criticize the "free market". According to the radically conservative journal Human Events, in 1996 she said on C-Span that "the unfettered free market has been the most radically destructive force in American life in the last generation." Yet in 2007, her presidential campaign program on the economy promises to "reward savings" and "balance the federal budget" -- classic conservative themes.

• Options
    Would you consider Obama a neoliberal?

• Options
    pretty much absolutely, obama hasn't been some sort of enormous roadblock for capitalist pursuits

also
    jVmDE.jpg

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    oh my god

UbJTP.jpg

this
    comic

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    to be fair, the "Julia" slideshow thing is fucking pathetic and is already being widely lampooned

Here is a surprisingly good analysis of it from the usually beyond-terrible NRO (just don't read the comments), and here is a cogent rebuttal to the slideshow itself.
    ...it appears to have been created by people deeply immersed in the culture of overeducated twenty-something hipster self-effacement but unaware that it is all intended sarcastically. It’s like Portlandia earnestly offered up as a drama.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    honestly, i didn't even know muir was referring to a real thing. i barely parsed that paragraph.

now i will go watch this and be dissapointed with the media capabilities of the entire left wing

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Also, this US Congressman has seen through the bullshit on the Israel/Palestine dispute, and has an easy answer that will finally bring peace to the Middle East:

Literal Apartheid

• Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Also, this US Congressman has seen through the bullshit on the Israel/Palestine dispute, and has an easy answer that will finally bring peace to the Middle East:

Literal Apartheid

Isn't the Washington Times run by that guy from Korea who thinks he's Jesus? Reverend Moon or whoever?

This discussion has been closed.