As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's International Workers Day

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, I need my own hippie to counter balance the bike store hippie.

I know a lesbian massage therapist bike riding hippie, she'd probably be able to help.

BLM - ACAB
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The Geek wrote: »

I know a lesbian massage therapist bike riding hippie, she'd probably be able to help.

Make sure she's eating granola, stinks like weed, and is wearing hemp clothing when she goes in. Just in case.

Hunter on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    15% is my base, 20% for great service, less for shitty

i don't think i've ever had shitty enough service to warrant no tip

as long as they bring me the food from the kitchen without dropping it on me, that's worth at least something

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

I only did the no tip one time, and it was because the waitress fucked up everything humanly possible while having the bitchiest attitude the whole time. She spent more time arguing with the other staff and spilling drinks on people at our table then actually doing anything considered service.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Do people tip on takeout orders? that seems weird to me

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    Hunter wrote: »

Make sure she's eating granola, stinks like weed, and is wearing hemp clothing when she goes in. Just in case.

I'm sure she's got granola on hand and actually has some hemp clothing. Not into weed though.

Oh, also forgot to mention vegetarian, polyamorous, and yoga practicing.

BLM - ACAB

I'm sure she's got granola on hand and actually has some hemp clothing. Not into weed though.

If her name is Moonbeam, Sunshine, Rainbow, Star, or Love you're set.

• LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Shit Geek, just take her in anyways. Bike knowledge be damned.

To be fair, in the Seattle area, you are going to want to have some of that "upsell" stuff. A front and back light and some sort of reflective something.

None of this will matter, mind you, when the guy late for work plows you over because you "shouldn't be on the road anyways". But at least it'll appease the insurance company afterwards.

Most places have servers share tips with the kitchen, right?

There was one time I had an excellent server, but the kitchen kept messing things up. First, what looked like a price tag sticker in the potatoes, and then getting a couple things wrong on the rest of the order. The server was extremely gracious about it and was helpful getting it fixed. So I left a very good tip with a note on the receipt that said "do not share tip with kitchen".

BLM - ACAB
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It takes a lot to get me or my wife to drop the tip considerably. Having both worked in the industry at some point, we go out of our way to tip really well at the places we frequent because 1) they need it and 2) it ensure good service on your repeat visits.

The one or two times I have no tipped something had to go drastically wrong. One time a waitress interrupted our conversation about Hinduism (we were both in a religious studies seminar that semester) to lecture us on how Jesus is the savior for about ten minutes until her boss pulled her away. I'm sure there were other times, but that was the only one that comes to mind.

Ahh, Bennigans. Your terrible service and crazy employees ensured your demise, though I still mourn for your tasty, deep fried ham and cheese sandwiches.

Enc on
    I don't mind bikes in the road, but it bothers me that when they forget that if they're in the road, they have to follow traffic rules just like everyone else.

BLM - ACAB
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I only did the no tip one time, and it was because the waitress fucked up everything humanly possible while having the bitchiest attitude the whole time. She spent more time arguing with the other staff and spilling drinks on people at our table then actually doing anything considered service.

yeah I had bad service like that once
    the night ended with the waitress losing my credit card

(luckily another waitress found it after looking for it for several minutes)

The meal ended up on the house so I didn't pay anything

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    LTM wrote: »

To be fair, in the Seattle area, you are going to want to have some of that "upsell" stuff. A front and back light and some sort of reflective something.

None of this will matter, mind you, when the guy late for work plows you over because you "shouldn't be on the road anyways". But at least it'll appease the insurance company afterwards.

Oh yeah, you're in the Seattle area too, huh? Have we met in person? Shit, I'm fucking terribly oblivious and forgetful about people sometimes.

BLM - ACAB
    Most places have servers share tips with the kitchen, right?

There was one time I had an excellent server, but the kitchen kept messing things up. First, what looked like a price tag sticker in the potatoes, and then getting a couple things wrong on the rest of the order. The server was extremely gracious about it and was helpful getting it fixed. So I left a very good tip with a note on the receipt that said "do not share tip with kitchen".

One time my family got served a deep dish pizza full of tiny glass shards. Luckily it was noticed before anyone cut up their mouths.

What happens in a professional kitchen is a strange an bizarre thing.

If her name is Moonbeam, Sunshine, Rainbow, Star, or Love you're set.

The best part is that I'm not making any of this up.

She's a good friend from college, and was in my first D&D group.

BLM - ACAB
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    If the servers at my restaurant are to be believed, then the customers really don't tip for shit. And note that our restaurant is in a very, very wealthy neighbourhood.

Then again it's a source of annoyance for me that I don't get tips despite regularly being complimented by customers for having the best salad bar in the company, but I do make above minimum wage so it's not a necessity like it is for the servers. It'd just be kinda cool, though.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie

Oh yeah, you're in the Seattle area too, huh? Have we met in person? Shit, I'm fucking terribly oblivious and forgetful about people sometimes.

Nah, we haven't met. I just heard polyamorous lesbian massage therapist and started paying closer attention.

Nah, we haven't met. I just heard polyamorous lesbian massage therapist and started paying closer attention.

She's an excellent massage therapist. Isn't afraid to really dig deep, like some are. I tend to be kinda vocal when receiving a massage, and most massage therapists I see tend to mistake it as expressions of pain. No, I'll tell you when you're hurting me. Keep going stronger.

To be fair though, I've also been told that lots of people think they want a deep massage but then are surprised when they actually get it.

BLM - ACAB
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    Mostly I'm concerned with just needing a simple bike but ending up paying a lot more than really should have to.

well sure you can just walk out of here with the bike, but you want to be safe, don't you? gonna be riding home from work at dusk, huh? you're gonna need this safety vest, and a blinky light. 2 blinky lights, front and back actually.

chain guard
    pant-leg roll-up strap
    helmet
    wrist guards
    tassles
    flag
    undercoating
    rust proofing
    finder's fee

Little silver dingy bell thing.
    Turn signals
    saddle bags
    speedometer
    brake light

air speedometer
    inflatable seat
    front and back wheel shocks
    jake brake
    baggage board
    reinforced crossbar welds
    bike nutz

thenews.jpg
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Do people tip on takeout orders? that seems weird to me

at chinese places I give 'em a dollar cause those places be family

ikbUJdU.jpg
    facetious wrote: »
    If the servers at my restaurant are to be believed, then the customers really don't tip for shit. And note that our restaurant is in a very, very wealthy neighbourhood.

Then again it's a source of annoyance for me that I don't get tips despite regularly being complimented by customers for having the best salad bar in the company, but I do make above minimum wage so it's not a necessity like it is for the servers. It'd just be kinda cool, though.

My sister worked at a series of bars in various states for a good part of her life. Tips in upper-middle class areas were always the worst, regardless of where she was. For some reason, people right in the well off but not uber-rich area tip for shit. Whereas the working poor at the dives she worked at tipped quite well.

Only when you start working at some seriously old money/corporate headquarters areas places did the wealthy tip well, though even then usually not as well as the dives and truckstop bars.

That's what I'm missing in my life...Bike Nutz.

• CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    Arang wrote: »
    Mostly I'm concerned with just needing a simple bike but ending up paying a lot more than really should have to.

well sure you can just walk out of here with the bike, but you want to be safe, don't you? gonna be riding home from work at dusk, huh? you're gonna need this safety vest, and a blinky light. 2 blinky lights, front and back actually.

chain guard
    pant-leg roll-up strap
    helmet
    wrist guards
    tassles
    flag
    undercoating
    rust proofing
    finder's fee

Turn signals
    saddle bags
    speedometer
    brake light

air speedometer
    inflatable seat
    jake brake
    baggage board
    bike nutz

Bike nutz?? Hilarious!

Sleeper cab
    (Seriously.. bravo! Hah! :D )
    En Suite helicopter pad
    Espresso Machine

Can I get a Yosemite Sam "Back Off" mudflap for my bike?

BLM - ACAB
    edited May 2012
    I tip on takeout because while there is no server to tip, the delivery person still has to find you, deliver your order on time, hope you don't cancel on them and probably not make a whole lot of money in the process

e: actually I just read a pretty good article on this exact subject, I realize not everywhere is new york city

Arang on
    thenews.jpg
    edited May 2012
    I tip on takeout because while there is no server to tip, the delivery person still has to find you, deliver your order on time, hope you don't cancel on them and probably not make a whole lot of money in the process

That's delivery, not takeout. They are kind of the opposite.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

That's delivery, not Digiorno.

I still tip on takeout. The chef don't give a fuck where I eat.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    who needs to buy bike nutz?

just cut a hole in your seat

Yeah, most places assume you should top on delivery.

Here's a question, though. Do you all tip on actual takeout?

agh, brain fart

yeah, tipping on takeout seems weird

thenews.jpg
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I delivered Dominos for two weeks after high school and promptly said fuck that.

All the cushy suburban deliveries were taken by the jerks with more seniority than myself so I got to deliver all the pizzas to the military base and I swear I never got more that a couple bucks for every tip.

The people that told you to keep the change on a $19.50 bill and handed you a $20 were my favorite!

Maximum on
    Pizza delivery tips have been fucked over by the excessive "delivery fee that is not a tip" that companies started adding right about the time they stopped guaranteeing my pizza in 30min or less.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I call my left fist glasnost and my right fist perestroika

xmassig2.gif
    edited May 2012
    I do know the people who run the takeout window at my restaurant get tips pretty regularly. Even though they kinda suck. And they do get paid minimum wage.

Why don't I get tips, whyyyyy. (I genuinely suspect some people tip their servers thinking that they'll be shared with me. When, say, a party of nine all orders nothing but salad bar (and drinks)...)

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I'mma reform and open your face

xmassig2.gif
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Pizza delivery tips have been fucked over by the excessive "delivery fee that is not a tip" that companies started adding right about the time they stopped guaranteeing my pizza in 30min or less.

yup. I dropped my tip by the same amount it went up. fucking three dollar delivery fee? fuck you

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular

chain guard
    pant-leg roll-up strap
    helmet
    wrist guards
    tassles
    flag
    undercoating
    rust proofing
    finder's fee

Turn signals
    saddle bags
    speedometer
    brake light

air speedometer
    inflatable seat
    jake brake
    baggage board
    bike nutz

Bike nutz?? Hilarious!

Sleeper cab
    (Seriously.. bravo! Hah! :D )
    En Suite helicopter pad
    Espresso Machine

Oh hey bikes. This is my new bike that I bought this morning.

405067_10150865896156255_614936254_11757482_1307904381_n.jpg

And for the record that whining tone in the last post was joking. I perhaps didn't go quite overboard enough to make it obvious.

I do wonder sometimes though.

Real strong, facetious.

I hate that tips are an excuse to not pay people living wages

I hate that I'm expected to help pay those wages

a tip should be for above average service, not for just not fucking up

but if you don't tip you're an asshole because then that guy doesn't make any money for doing his job and if that was the case for me I wouldn't give a fuck about good service either

vicious cycle that

tips are bullshit

xmassig2.gif
This discussion has been closed.