Do you like dags? Let's talk about Dogs. I'm naming mine Jack McCoy

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    He's alive..he's just...very gassy.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    My sister is catsitting a kitten named Alecatner the Great.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    MadEddy wrote: »
    My sister is catsitting a kitten named Alecatner the Great.

When I worked at the National Cathedral they had a cat living there called Catherine of Tarragon. She spent a lot of her time in the Herb Cottage on the grounds.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    2014-07-29-333.png

• Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    I found dogecoin HQ

duj1DQC.jpg

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    many doge
    such couch
    so sleep

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Archie got his first haircut today!

9hNHY6G.jpg?1

According to the groomer he was extremely well behaved.

I'm pretty damn proud.

• Options
    VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    It's Biggie Smalls' first birthday today!

10390382_10154334735450391_1356225703068568361_n.jpg?oh=46d8bdd2b28a1d9c611a8685bf438234&oe=543F2759&__gda__=1412917082_bc7858e8ce89372a0f06ae849f55d7ec

He was a little excited for the steak.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Look at those ears!

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    GUYS I HAVE SO MANY PHOTOS

But I won't flood the thread cuz a bunch of you are already FB friends and see them

So if you wanna see more Lando just follow me on Instagram @‌sherib626

No actually just follow my dog on Instagram @landogcalrissian

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    These little monsters turn one year old tomorrow-ish. When we brought them home, they were both around 3 pounds. Now River's around 10 and Simon (right) is a 12.5 pound muscle beast.

Cats_zps54879c2a.jpg

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    not sure where to put this, but my family's dog hasn't been feeling well the last couple days, not eating too much and such

he's going to vet later today and I feel a little freaked out. He's an older dog and bad thoughts keep running through my head

blehhhhhhh

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    and he's back from the vet, some sort of bacterial thing, from eating something he shouldn't have

a big relief for me

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    We're pretty much not taking any chances in regard to Lando's health

We've got him on pet insurance that covers procedures and diagnostics, and we're also going to get him covered for preventative care and office visits

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    We're pretty much not taking any chances in regard to Lando's health

We've got him on pet insurance that covers procedures and diagnostics, and we're also going to get him covered for preventative care and office visits

you better be lenient in his daily pat intake

• Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Foo says theres to many puppies in here, golden girls gotta have there day, 11 years and still lookin sexy.....

DgoaVEf.jpg

Also keller can sleep through anything, just another benifit of being blind and deaf.

Td1kM7D.jpg

Lubony on
    No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So glad my new company offers pet insurance.

But I'm not currently in a position to get an animal.

Yet.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    We know someone who has a 10 grand dog. In that there's been 10 grand worth of vet bills for it. Great dag though, apparently.

pimento on
  • Options
    I just got pet insurance for my cat, finally.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    We know someone who has a 10 grand dog. In that there's been 10 grand worth of vet bills for it. Great dag though, apparently.

Pretty sure that was the total cost for all 3 of mine. Spud swallowed a chunk of bone that he couldn't pass and thus had to opened and removed before the build-up of poo in his system became septic. Not to mention many of his other back surgeries he had.

Moe just became paralyzed one morning, freaking my dad and I out, that required expensive surgery to fix.

Abby had her seizures and a few other problems. Then there were the medications for all of them. Stuff adds up.

But very rarely is it ever not worth it.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    This belongs here

2014-08-19-336.png

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    I took Lando to Petsmart to have them trim his nails again and I'm pretty sure they trimmed too close on one paw and he's favoring it and I'm annoyed because I took him to their grooming exactly so that wouldn't happen!

Bleh.

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I use the Dremel sander for our dogs nails. Works great once you get the technique down and there's no chance of cutting into the quick like you can do with trimmers.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Can't do anything without one of my dogs being up in my grill. There's a reason they're called shadow dogs.

10612714_10203885073062382_5678007677355347642_n.jpg?oh=5f6700f0adb581630351522c908a141f&oe=545FEC1D

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    This little guy's in for surgery today :(

He was unimpressed with the wire crate was in, and tried to chew through the bars, ended up getting his lower jaw stuck (tilted his head to fit his mouth through, then turned back and got stuck). A couple broken baby teeth, but thankfully no broken jaw. He should be okay though, they just need to remove the broken teeth so that they're not in the way when his adult ones come in.

10372903_10154550539400055_1363173776661982551_o.jpg
    10466984_10154517342375055_4403295052904493620_o.jpg

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Aww!
    He's very cute. Sorry he had a tough time.

• Options
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I have to bring Wrex back to the vet. We've been treating him for we have no idea what. He's been chewing and scratching like crazy, but no sign of fleas. The vet thought scabies, and we'd been treating with selamectin, but it hasn't improved at all. The only thing that has helped him is when he's been on prednisone for brief periods.

So we're about to rule out most kinds of parasites, which leaves... allergies I guess? No idea. :(

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    EclipsedPlanetEclipsedPlanet Registered User regular
    This was from a couple month's ago - but it's fun having all the family dogs over:
    1604460_10154008925820066_1319602150449966284_n.jpg?oh=d037a426e8b132062ea4bdcf8d9d13cb&oe=546D6B47&__gda__=1416992557_d9a6d977d5b5923bc431b545607b889f

10150762_10154008925775066_5609351492212161965_n.jpg?oh=e70e7d10a5358c4899317d1e362fd01c&oe=5480E14B&__gda__=1416495412_3d80f13eb07d57021b353e95b9848062

When other doggies are over, we pick up the toys and I kept walking past this and thinking Monty was trapped in his toy basket:
    1014475_10154007946510066_6783251626403570253_n.jpg?oh=12505f4d33e81ce7ba3293f5cf60e587&oe=547D23BA

• Options
    So in sad dog news my parents told me this morning that our dog passed away.

It is really for the best. He was almost 14 years old and was having a lot of health issues. Despite the trouble he was having getting around the house he was always so damn happy so it'll leave a real hole with him gone. Labradors are a really sweet breed and he's going to be missed a lot.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Aww I'm sorry :(

You never really get used to having something that you can love as much as a person, with such a different lifespan.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Sorry, Sassori. :(

• Options
    Thanks guys. Honestly part of me is really relieved. It's heartbreaking to watch this animal struggle to get around and there is only so much you can do to make it easier on him. I'm glad he passed away quietly and without any pain.

But damn I am going to miss that wagging tail the next time I'm at their house.

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    @Sheri - Chow mix? Kinda looks like my dog a bit (also a Chow mix).

mH7pQoI.png

• Options
    Don't THINK he's a chow. I suspect he's a schipperke mixed with border collie.

Here's a new photo!oyyn64o7fzgm.jpg

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Thought he might be a Chow mix like mine because of the purple tongue.

J9NTAfK.png

• Options
    Lando does look a lot like my old neighbor's Schipperke. (Who was an adorable and incredible well-behaved dog.)

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    She's not a dog, but I finally cured Dinah's mite infection. It was hard to be sure, because her fur naturally grows like this:

ofinbrw5sst4.jpg

But the one bad spot that I knew wasn't supposed to be bald has finally got fur growing back. A week off the medication, and the fur's still growing in well, with no excessive scratching and grooming. So no more sad, itchy guinea pig! Yay!

Creagan on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dog sitting for my sister in law again. It's a hardship, I tell you.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/jc/9fyknclab1p9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.