As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh, [chat] is a place on Earth.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    friday derp derp derp derp

poo
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Okay, what the fuck is up with the Fifty Shades of Grey?

My wife was talking about it last night and some a-hole on tv was saying it's going to cause the next baby boom because erotic books make women horny and then they fuck and have babies.

I like me some books, but I don't get how a book is ::movietrailervoice:: So erotic, it changes the course of a civilization's breeding habits...

OK look. If your wife is talking about Fifty Shades and you haven't tied her to the bed recently, It's a good bet you have missed out on some important hints she is dropping.

She hasn't read it yet. Are you saying that I'm in for sexy times? Cause I'm all about that.

Fifty Shades is about bondage and D/s play. I am saying you could be in for more sexytimes... this book is a big deal among married middle-aged women because it's given them an easy way to drop hints that they'd be up for a little light bondage without actually saying "honey, I bought these scarves and a blindfold, whatever shall we do with them?". They can take the sub roleplay thing and drop some obvious hints and hope their men catch on and take the initiative, rather than waiting to be asked.

The problem is that your average American male has about as much of a clue as your average American mule.

I am sounding the trumpet throughout maledom... dudes, if your lady is reading this book and she's into it and you don't know why, you are missing sexy hints about bondage sex fun sex. She is very possibly hoping you will interrupt dinner to carry her upstairs and order her to do things not in the usual repitoire!

That's the problem with a lot of female romantic hopes, they are hopes, often unvoiced hopes. They want the right guy to come in, and wordlessly sweep them off their feet and carry them upstairs for a bout of amazing sex. But with the wrong guy trying to do so suddenly the situation goes from romance to terror. It is unfortunate that having actual communication about sexual wants/needs is viewed as unsexy.

Quite so. Laying it all out there sometimes is unsexy though. Reading body language is a thing, and as long as there's mutual trust and the realization that saying no is OK and will be respected, it's not always necessary or desirable to get prior approval for the evening's bedroom game plan.

In this case, if your lady is chatting with you about how maybe she should check out this bondage erotica book she's been hearing about where the man takes initiative and acts dominant in the bedroom once in a while, it's about as clear a signal as you're going to get short of her coming home with a collar and a riding crop when you don't own a dog or a horse.

Hehehe, for sure. I was mostly more thinking as a single guy. I've had a few girls tell me, one flat out, some variations on this theme "A man takes what he wants."

Now, given the context of said statement, I 'took' them right then and there, but, I mean, as a general principle? Uhh, no I'm not a rapist.

Yeah, if I got told that, I'd be out the door. I'm a big on consent sort of guy.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Organichu wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    i once watched an interview with rihanna where she said she likes a man who takes what he wants. all my dicks burst into confetti.

come here, rude boy, is you big enough

i am not, but i can thrust with enough brute retard strength to maybe make her forget that

i know it's not PC, but i still laugh every time i remember the clerks 2 line "Well, I don't wanna jerk off in the Mooby's bathroom! What if a customer comes in and my jerking off gets him all sex nuts and retard strong, and suddenly I'm fighting him off as he tries to jam my dick in his mouth!"

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Saw avengers last night.

One of the BEST MOVIES EVER!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I don't even dom that way.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GROU-U-U-U-OOOUU-OUND

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    just got home from therapy

it went really well

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Chat, quick question:

Y/N to including "Fat Bottomed Girls" on my wedding play list?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    nigella lawson

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Chat, quick question:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

(y, but it's gotta be really late in the evening)

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Xz3NUawoM

which box do i taaaaaaake

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Gorean or nothing rite

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Saw avengers last night.

Questions abound:

1. Are you saying this because you just saw it so it's fresh in your mind?

2. Is it actually as good as people say

OR

3. Are people just being ironic and hipster doofusey about this and are making fun of all the people who say it is like one of the best Marvel films ever and what-not?

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    This fucking mechanics problem is kicking my ass

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Chat, quick question:

yes x roughly a million

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    God I love Season 2 GitS:SAC. The ancillary character eps are just fucking great. But that's because Saito is a god damn badass, and the scoring has a super-unexpected calm to it.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    nigella lawson

Indeed.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    oh my god, there is a place in Philly that makes okonomiyaki.

Ahhhh

• Options
    Chat, quick question:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Chat, quick question:

yes x roughly a million

And "Yes" is off to a flying start!

Also, way too many traditionally "romantic" songs seem to imply that God has something to do with our relationship.

I do not approve.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

Gorean or nothing rite

:(

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Chat, quick question:

ceremony: n

reception: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Saw avengers last night.

Seeing it tonight. Really stoked. Just have to plow through a final to get there.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options

If there isn't some frisson every time you engage in dom roles, I think it's maybe time for you to stop doing it. Casual comfort, for me at least, would be a sign I've internalized the attitude in a way I'd really rather not.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    God can suck a dick, I worship me 8-)

• Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Xz3NUawoM

which box do i taaaaaaake

That is a really photorealistic Deus Ex level!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

Gorean or nothing rite

of all the reactions I expected (none being the assumed one) this is not one.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2012
    Nope.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    Saw avengers last night.

That... might be going a little too far.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I seriously don't get the people that complain about Tribes having unrealistic or gamey physics.

I...

Our two clans are waging war against each other via CAPTURE THE FLAG. What the hell is wrong with you people?!

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Chat, quick question:

Chat, quick question:

yes x roughly a million

And "Yes" is off to a flying start!

Also, way too many traditionally "romantic" songs seem to imply that God has something to do with our relationship.

I do not approve.

But, but...you are soul mates! And God put you on the earth to find each other, and he's blessing your marriage!!! If you don't let God bless your marriage, it's going to fail! OH MY GOD THINK OF THE FAMILIES

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

Right? This is how I usually do things.

Edit: To clarify, I'm referring to self-worhip, not Cass-worship.

Edit edit: I feel like I didn't need to add that ...

Edit Edit Edit: Well that was awkward. These aren't even real edits. I just find myself typing unwillingly, almost stream-of-conciousness style.

• Options
    Vanguard wrote: »

One should take pride in their work.

Just remember, no matter how much you love it, don't take less than $50.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Saw avengers last night.

Questions abound:

1. Are you saying this because you just saw it so it's fresh in your mind?

2. Is it actually as good as people say

OR

3. Are people just being ironic and hipster doofusey about this and are making fun of all the people who say it is like one of the best Marvel films ever and what-not?

1. Yes
    2.Yes

3. What the fuck is wrong with you?

It is an excellent movie. Dialogue was great. The fights weren't the shaky cam non-sense. The actors gelled super well. The story was pretty damn good and fit the world perfectly. And parts of me are sad that we won't have other team ups with like Wolverine and Spidey because Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights.

Also Whedon didn't ruin Black Widow, she was a fucking bad ass.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    BeNarwhal, are you good at sucking dicks?

Because that might be awkward, with the horn and the stabbiness and all.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Gorean or nothing rite

of all the reactions I expected (none being the assumed one) this is not one.

And yet it is the only appropriate response

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    today has been good so far

the power turned off last night but i woke up on time to get to my therapy appointment, which went really really well, and then i took a huge dump when i got in

:3

• Options
    I'm not into the dom thing

feels a little abusey to me. But I haven't ever gotten feedback from the wifey that said "tie me down with silk"

But maybe because the idea of being tied up while a guy with the physique of a hutt hovers over you is less sexy in a controlled way and more of terrified feeling of if he keels over I am dead.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Envisioning tribes with realistic damage and physics

• Options
    today has been good so far

the power turned off last night but i woke up on time to get to my therapy appointment, which went really really well, and then i took a huge dump when i got in

:3

I hope you helped your therapist clean up the mess.

I wouldn't want to be the next person to lay on that couch.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I don't even know how you guys can like a kids movie about gays in costumes for nerds that was written by a rapist

This discussion has been closed.