As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Oh, [chat] is a place on Earth.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    moroccan mint tea reminds me of marijuana

poo
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    oh man, just when I thought community was going to have a good, non-spoof episode devoid of cloying saccharine sentimentality, and then they ruined it in the last few minutes

I probably won't watch after this season

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Derrick wrote: »
    also this figure generator has buttloads of naked women but all the naked men are wearing dumb fantasy stuff or are draping cloths over themselves and shit

SHOW MEN NAKED MEN YOU PIECE OF SHIT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRAW THEM

If you're really looking to see the junk of naked men, there *ahem* might be places to find such things on the internet. *wink wink, nudge nudge.*

No I don't want to see dicks I want to see like

nude models in poses that I can draw in my sketcbook

I mean I don't really mind seeing a couple of dicks as long as they're not ugly ones

like I don't want to see a dude with a penis like a sad trout, put some pants on

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Spider-Man is a mutant. His DNA was mutated by a radioactive spider bite.

That's not what "Mutant" means in Marvel-speak.

Oh yeah? Then what is Spider-Man in this "Marvel-speak"?

He is a super-hero who gained his powers by accident. That's it. No special term for it.

Or he is a dangerous criminal if you read the Daily Bugle.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

An accident. Mutants are very defined as someone with an x-gene that gives them some sort of mutation. This doesn't always make people into an awesome x-men. There are tons of mutants are just look ugly and smell.

Spiderman was created by an accident. Actually I think he falls under the radioactive super heroes like the Hulk.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    WE'RE ANGRY ABOUT FUNNY BOOKS

WARBL GARBL

• AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    oh man, just when I thought community was going to have a good, non-spoof episode devoid of cloying saccharine sentimentality, and then they ruined it in the last few minutes

If current trends continue, I don't think anyone will.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    okay so here's what i'm going to do this weekend

-> play an rpg
    -> watch avatar: the last airbender with aaron
    -> have some filthy fucking sex
    -> draw
    -> decompress from therapy
    -> butts

oh and -> TCAF

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular

A mutate.

Mutants are people born with the genetic potential for superpowers, mutates are people who gain superpowers as the result of outside manipulation of their bodies.

Hulk and Spider-Man are mutates, Cyclops and Wolverine are mutants (in Wolverine's case, his adamantium skeleton upgrade puts him in a sort of weird grey area)

You might think this is some faggy comic book nerd bullshit to draw a distinction on but it matters when you have a group of people in the fiction whose entire self-identity is built around being mutants.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It's simple. Mutant is a proper noun in Marvel.

Spiderman has mutated genes.

Spiderman is not a Mutant.

Ludious on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Bogart wrote: »

He is a super-hero who gained his powers by accident. That's it. No special term for it.

Marvel-speak for that is "mutate."

There's some vague genetic similarities between some mutates and mutants, so if mutates have kids they have a higher chance of giving birth to a true mutant (for instance: Franklin Richards, son of Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman).

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am really tempted to read up to this point with XvA. I want to see Cyclops being even crazier. Some one buy me all the electronic versions of the comics.

u7stthr17eud.png
    It's like Sickle Cell Anemia Brah

ok.

Gene X is like Sickle Cell Anemia.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    omg spoilers

vRyue2p.png
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular

Harmond's a real ass. It's like he has this vision of combining the contemporary humor, with all it's detached irony and cynicism, with the traditions of a meaningful sitcom. And I'm sure it can be done, but he's not a good enough writer to do it. But in his head he is and he's just saying FUCK YOU THIS SHOW IS BRILLIANT!

I never thought I'd say it, but even though I don't really watch it, Modern Family is probably the stronger show.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    mewtents

919UOwT.png
    @desc: that's fantastic. The V.A.S.T. synthesis engine is so fucking powerful. I've fooled around with it before and it's just mindblowing how extensive and deep the possibilities are. You could spend years programming it and still have plenty of room to explore.

They are, in a word, vast.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    okay here's what you need to know about the marvel universe

I'd fuck Chris Evans as Captain America until his legs fell off, and I'd mount a giant hamster bottle on the wall to make sure I didn't dehydrate him into a dessicated husk from all the fluids he'd be losing

I guess I'd make kisses with Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man

that is all

They should do a Steampunk Marvel Arch kinda like Zombies only steampunk.

Iron Man all steamy with gears

Spiderman has big old geary webshooters

Thor has a Hammer with a giant gear on it

Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am really tempted to read up to this point with XvA. I want to see Cyclops being even crazier. Some one buy me all the electronic versions of the comics.

The most enjoyable book so far directly related to the event is the mini series solely dedicated to fighting. Each issue has two fights between an X-Man and an Avenger, and they're hilarious.

I'd fuck Chris Evans as Captain America until his legs fell off, and I'd mount a giant hamster bottle on the wall to make sure I didn't dehydrate him into a dessicated husk from all the fluids he'd be losing

that is all

would you let RDJ snort coke off of your bits

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

that is all

Favouring Captain America over Iron Man is why men complain that women are illogical, unfathomable creatures.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Harmond's a real ass. It's like he has this vision of combining the contemporary humor, with all it's detached irony and cynicism, with the traditions of a meaningful sitcom. And I'm sure it can be done, but he's not a good enough writer to do it. But in his head he is and he's just saying FUCK YOU THIS SHOW IS BRILLIANT!

I never thought I'd say it, but even though I don't really watch it, Modern Family is probably the stronger show.

Eh, I don't really care about his personal problems, but I've gone on record saying that the show has never gone back to its strength from season one. I got really burned by season two's constant stream of METAPARODYHAHAHA.

I also sort of hate Abed and think he's a horrible person and I think it's cheap that they made him autistic because I think that's unfair to autistic people and an easy way to not deal with him growing as a character.

Lh96QHG.png
    magneto would have the power to turn gears

Ludious wrote: »

Ngggghhhhhh Arghhhgghghgghhg brain shutting down from horror.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

that is all

And yet apparently you wouldn't go anywhere near Samuel L. Jackson. Racist.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

that is all

Favouring Captain America over Iron Man is why men complain that women are illogical, unfathomable creatures.

shut your fucking whore mouth chris evans as captain america is the perfect specimen and i'd suck his dick like i was dying of poison and his semen was the antidote

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Marvel-speak for that is "mutate."

There's some vague genetic similarities between some mutates and mutants, so if mutates have kids they have a higher chance of giving birth to a true mutant (for instance: Franklin Richards, son of Mr Fantastic and Invisible Woman).

This is fascinating.

Nick Fury would have a gear-patch

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Professor X has goggles with gears glued on and a steam-powered hoverwheelchair.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Come on, it couldn't be any worse the Ruins.

War-Machine would be called Gears of War-Machine

Did you not see my idea for redneck ironman earlier?

Thomamelas wrote: »

that is all

maybe i think he's TOO GOOD for me and i'm intimidated, you fucking ableist

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    There's a few mutants who also have superpowers or upgrades from other shit, which makes things even more confusing.

Wolverine is a mutant, whose natural superpowers include enhanced senses, his healing factor, and claws made of bone that come out of his hands. However, he's had his skeleton laced with adamantium via technology and had a bunch of fucked up knowledge and combat skills programmed in there as part of Weapon X, so he's also kind of a cyborg? Kinda.

And then you have guys that, despite being longtime associated foes of the X-Men, are not (in the original, mainstream comic continuity) mutants but gained their powers through other means.

Juggernaut, for example, is not a mutant. He gets his powers from a magical gemstone that is linked to a cosmic entity. Mr. Sinister is also not a mutant, he's a mutate who was turned into what he is by Apocalypse, who is also a mutant but more importantly has been augmented to nearly godlike power via technology he discovered in ancient Egypt left behind by cosmic beings who had fucked around on Earth thousands of years ago.

Redneck Iron Man would play Skynard instead of AC/DC

Thomamelas wrote: »

that is all

maybe i think he's TOO GOOD for me and i'm intimidated, you fucking ableist

More believable if you didn't have a big "White Power" sign on the wall behind you.

Redneck Iron Man would play Skynard instead of AC/DC

He would be a poor, deep-southern mechanic.

He would build a suit out of car parts and broken washing machines in order to fight social injustice.

He would paint a big confederate flag on it.

He would be known as "Iron Mang".

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    It's simple. Mutant is a proper noun in Marvel.

Spiderman has mutated genes.

Spiderman is not a Mutant.

Spider-Man is a mutant. Spider-Man is not a Mutant.

Remember when [chat] complained about how nerdy the discussion of space ship sizes in Star Trek was?

Yeah.

Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.